PDA

View Full Version : PIN Free Dining vs Public Free Dining

pixarfanmommn
08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi all - First a little background - we are going to POP 10/14 - 10/21. I booked through AAA. I was able to apply public FD QS dining (and pay to upgrade to DDP) to my ressie.

But, I just got a PIN (It think - lots of numbers right?) for Free Dining but it doesn't give me enough info. Does any know if it is for DDP (QS, TS, Snack)? or at least how it is different from current FD package. If it is DDP and not QS, I may be able to get rid of my costs to upgrade.

Also, my inlaws have ressies with FD too but they won't be able to use the PIN, correct?
and since I booked through AAA do I have to give the pin to my TA to get it applied or can I call Disney myself and apply it?
or at least if I called could Disney tell me more details on the PIN without seeing my ressie? (I can see now why people book themselves!!!):confused3

TIA from a PIN newbie!

marcielm
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Try calling Disney directly & see if they can see the ressie. You can use the PIN for up to 3 rooms, so you should be able to also use it on your parents' room. It should say on the card/email if it is for the DDP or the QSP, sometimes you just have to look for it. Either way, calling Disney and asking them they will tell you what plan it is for, and you are correct that it could save you some money.

If Disney can't see your res, then at least ask them about which plan the code is for. Then, call your TA and give them the pin and have them call and apply it to your res & your parents' res if it is one for the DDP and save your self a little $$.

I hope my explanation makes some sense! :lmao:

clanmcculloch
08-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Take a look at he savings amount it shows. Under the example prices, does it say Either way save $523! or does it have a different savings amount for value vs moderate? Below that, does it say With either package, you'll enjoy these special benefits: The Disney Dining Plan or does is specify a different plan for value vs moderate? The italics came off my pin that I received a few weeks before the visa free dining. I was eligible for the regular DDP at any level of resort (though I wanted a moderate anyway so it didn't really matter for me).

Since you already have a reservation, you would have to give the PIN to your TA to get it applied. You can definitely call Disney to get more info. If you want to book yourself, you would need to create a new reservation and cancel the existing one.

If your inlaws are staying at the same time as you then you can use your pin for them as well.

pixarfanmommn
08-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone - I called Disney and they clarified that it is for the DDP :cool1: and I am planning to try to apply it to myself and in laws. So I gave it to my TA and now the systems are down! (looks like it has been a problem all day) So, she is going to keep checking. Do you think if I constantly refresh my email it will happen faster?:laughing: Oh well popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

SkcMom
08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
So if you get a pin you can use it for more than your room? Like for instance I got a free dining pin a couple of weeks ago. My DH's mom is thinking of taking all of us (DH, me, and DD, DH's brother's family, and DH's sister's family) as a grand gathering. Could we all use my pin code? I think I have it figured up where we would need four rooms.

marcielm
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
So if you get a pin you can use it for more than your room? Like for instance I got a free dining pin a couple of weeks ago. My DH's mom is thinking of taking all of us (DH, me, and DD, DH's brother's family, and DH's sister's family) as a grand gathering. Could we all use my pin code? I think I have it figured up where we would need four rooms.

You can use it for up to 3 rooms. I would put it on the the rooms with the most people in them, because that is where the savings will come in (in particular the rooms with the most ADULTS in them). Let me know if you have any other questions!!

marcielm
08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone - I called Disney and they clarified that it is for the DDP :cool1: and I am planning to try to apply it to myself and in laws. So I gave it to my TA and now the systems are down! (looks like it has been a problem all day) So, she is going to keep checking. Do you think if I constantly refresh my email it will happen faster?:laughing: Oh well popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

The system has been down all day!! It's driving me NUTS! :rotfl:

SkcMom
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for answering. Since I wouldn't be able to use it on the fourth room does that mean the people in that room wouldn't be able to be on the free dining?

snykymom
08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for answering. Since I wouldn't be able to use it on the fourth room does that mean the people in that room wouldn't be able to be on the free dining?
You could see if they'll let you book a 4th room as a "grand gathering" and use the PIN; they might let you. If not, the people in the 4th room could book the public FD and upgrade to the DDP for $10/night. Not as good a deal, but not terrible.

The hard part would be choosing who's in that 4th room! :rotfl:

marcielm
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM

Like the other poster mentioned, you can still book the 4th room with the free dining, and upgrade it to the DDP for a little extra money each day. The key would be to play with the numbers enough to see which room would be cheapest to do off the pin! PM me if you'd like some additional help running the numbers, I'd need more ages & such for each of the rooms.

SkcMom
08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Like the other poster mentioned, you can still book the 4th room with the free dining, and upgrade it to the DDP for a little extra money each day. The key would be to play with the numbers enough to see which room would be cheapest to do off the pin! PM me if you'd like some additional help running the numbers, I'd need more ages & such for each of the rooms.

Oic! Actually the fourth room would just be my DH's mom so that wouldn't be much of an addition price wise anyway. Thanks so much for your help!

marcielm
08-07-2009, 04:08 PM
If you could squeeze her in a room with another family, you'd save even more $$! Good luck with you trip, a big family trip sounds like a lot of fun. :goodvibes