View Full Version : Pricing question?

08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I want to go to Disney next year (first week of August 7/30-8/7, 9 days 8 nights). I received a package quote from Dreams Unlimited for 3206.44 at POFQ (includes tax plus insurance, 6 day park hoppers and basic dining) for 2 adults, 1 child (he'll be 2 so he doesn't really count). Is that good? I did research on disney.com and it was lower so I'm thinking that they didn't include the taxes and definitely no insurance. I'm thinking of going without the insurance anyway since I can cancel the trip prior to the 45 days without penalty in case of illness. (We've had to deal with illnesses in the family this year so hopefully next year, everyone will be healthy). I know not everyone likes the dining plan but it works for us. I like having everything prepaid (except tip now) and it gives us a chance to take a break at the end of the day or eat somewhere we wouldn't normally go. Would October be better instead of early August in price? My DH and I have been the first week of October and liked it (except for the love bugs). I was hoping to take advantage of free dining if they do it again but not sure if my dates would be incorporated. We can't go the week after due to my DH works for a University and can't take time off before the students return to school. Any advice from the experts? TIA!!

Sorry this is so long winded.

08-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Right now I believe all you'll be quoted is rack rate. DU should stay on top of specials that get offered and when one is offered, they'll immediately contact Disney to have the special applied to your reservation. Since they are a company that specializes in Disney, they should be on the phone first thing in the morning when any specials are released so there's a good chance they'll be able to get the special applied before it's sold out.

If no deals come out by 45 days before your trip which I can't imagine) and you can't afford your current price then you can always cancel with no penalties.

08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
October might be a little less crowded than summer, plus the heat & humidity might not be as bad. While you might not get FD, there could easily be a room rate discount, and you can still add the DDP to your ressie. Plus, you might get a PIN that you can call your TA and have applied to your ressie as well.

Like the previous poster commented, DU (or any TA for that matter) should be on top of any discounts that come out for your travel dates, and should be on the phone trying to have those discounts applied to your ressie. Any quote you get right now will be at rack rate, because they haven't announced any specials yet for 2010.

Mickey country
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Free dining does not usually start that early in Aug. This year I believe it was the 15 or 16? Your quote is high, because you have no discount. If this year is any indication of next, I would think you will be able to get some sort of price reduction, although you might have to wait til spring/early summer. October is a little cooler!

08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to book it and hope for some pixie dust to come my way. I had a couple of pins emailed to me and I wasn't able to use any for this year so hopefully I'll get lucky for next year. I think I'm leaning more towards October instead of August only because of the heat and we are traveling with 2 yr old at that time. I was really hoping to do the Poly but that is just out of our price range right now. Keep the advice and tips coming. All is appreciated especially since this is our first time traveling with a child.