PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled our 10-night stay at CSR, but we're back on!!!

KatMark
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
This was a trip that wasn't going to happen this year--no way, no how. With DH getting another pay cut (third in three years) and the boys college tuition bills rising, we just knew that this trip was not going to happen. So back in April we cancelled the trip and left the deposit for a new date in October (we did this only so we had something on the books and didn't lose insurance, etc. and then will change again for dates in 2010).

I have worked at the same job for 34+ years (a law firm). One of the lawyers I work with has become a good family friend and our yougest son coached his youngest son for two summers in wrestling. He has a two-bedroom condo in Marco Island and offered to let us use it any time we wanted (assuming they weren't). So the plan was set and we were going to Marco Island from September 19-29. This worked out well as it was not costing us anything and we have enough miles to get free airline tickets. Therefore, the only cost would be the rental car and food--and I figured we could eat out a couple of times and I could cook the rest of the time so we weren't spending an outrageous amount of money on food.

So I was sitting home bored one night and remembered that Disney had just come out with a $96 rate for moderates and began to think. What if we went just a couple of nights to get our Disney fix (we were really missing not getting to CSR this year and seeing the new rooms in person) and we still had that deposit from our canceled trip. So I started searching dates and was able to get our travel agent via email within five minutes and she was able to get us the $96 rate for three nights at the beginning of our trip. Therefore, we're going to be at the CSR the nights of September 19, 20 and 21 and we'll leave around 4:00 on the 22nd and drive to Marco Island until the 29th.

I could tell DH was real excited because I had no sooner finished doing the dinner dishes that night and he said, "you better get started on looking for ADR's for a few meals). So, I hopped on the computer and went to online dining to see what I could find. Well, of course nothing we REALLY wanted was available, so we started out with these: Mama Melrose, Fulton's, Kona, Chefs de France and Plaza. The next day I added 50's Prime Time and dropped Mama Melrose (only because we've done MM the last three years and we wanted to go somewhere else for a change of pace). Well, I kept playing with online dining over the weekend. On Saturday night, I was able to get Sci Fi (DH really wants that reuben sandwich and onion rings) and dropped 50's Prime Time. On Sunday morning, I found Crystal Palace for an 11:30 lunch. Now, we've only done breakfast at CP and I'm not keen on lunch/dinner buffets at Disney after two disastrous experiences at Hollywood & Vine, but I took it because I love the CP and Pooh and friends. In the meantime, I dropped Fulton's.

So here comes Monday morning and I walk into the office at 8:10, log in to indicate I'm in the office, and go to Walt Disney World and online dining. And what to my surprise do I find: Crystal Palace at 10 a.m. for breakfast AND LeCellier for lunch at 12:55 p.m. I was so exicted I yelled out YES at the office (thankfully, no one else had yet arrived).

So our final ADR's are as follows:
Saturday, September 19 (arrival day) -- Lunch at Sci Fi at 3:35 p.m.
Sunday, September 20 -- Lunch at LeCellier at 12:55 p.m.
Monday, September 21 -- Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 10:00 a.m. and dinner at Plaza at 6:40 p.m.
Tuesday, September 22 -- we have nothing. LeCellier is expensive and we were trying to keep this cheap, so we'll just eat counter service this day before we start driving to Marco Island.

Coming up later...our park plans for four days of unexpectedly going to Disney.

CSR -- We are coming "HOME". :)

KatMark
08-05-2009, 11:24 PM
For those of you who might read this and don't know us, I'll introduce the Cast of Characters:

DH -- my loving husband of 26 years, Mark. Mark LOVES everything Disney and is nothing but a big kid at heart--he truly has never grown up. :rotfl2:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/MarkasEeyore.jpg

Me -- I'm Kathy and I too love everything Disney.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip218.jpg

We have two boys...well, I guess now they are young men. Andy is 23 and graduated last year from college; he is now going back to get his Masters and his teaching certificate. He coaches, teaches and lives and breathes baseball. Somewhere in with all of that he's been dating Nicole for about a year. They just came back from Disney where they stayed at the CBR with the 13-year old baseball team that Andy coaches (they were there for Disney's Salute to Baseball Tournament). They had a great time...but Andy said he MISSED the CSR. Mark is our baby at the age of 21. He has two more years left of college. He is majoring in Elementary Education, and is getting his minor in Special Education. He wrestles for his college and has one year left of eligibilty (he's on the five year college plan :rotfl:). He hopes to teach special education at the high school he went to and help coach the wrestling team (during the breaks from school he coaches a youth wrestling program).

Mark and I spend our free time going to watch Mark wrestle (my favorite thing to do--such an intense sport), watch Andy coach and go to dinner with friends. DH Mark (I hate having two Marks...it is too confusing when trying to tell people about the family) also umps baseball from April through September for extra money.

lacrosse_lady72
08-06-2009, 01:21 AM
YAYAYAYAYAY!!! I'm so excited you and Mark are able to get back to WDW in September! Why in the world would you ever pick CSR though... haven't you ever been there before... :rotfl: jk.

When I read a little while ago on the Resort board you were able to go back, even if for a shorter trip, I was so happy for you. AKL will just have to wait a little longer but CSR certainly doesn't :thumbsup2.

I'm in and I can't wait to hear more...

Also that picture of Mark Sr. is awesome!

KatMark
08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
YAYAYAYAYAY!!! I'm so excited you and Mark are able to get back to WDW in September! Why in the world would you ever pick CSR though... haven't you ever been there before... :rotfl: jk.

When I read a little while ago on the Resort board you were able to go back, even if for a shorter trip, I was so happy for you. AKL will just have to wait a little longer but CSR certainly doesn't :thumbsup2.

I'm in and I can't wait to hear more...

Also that picture of Mark Sr. is awesome!

You are too funny! I actually asked about AKL for this short trip but could not get any discount. And, I REALLY want to CSR's new rooms while they are still fresh. And, if all things go well and no more pay cuts, etc., we still plan on doing AKL/CSR next year. :banana:

Thanks for joining in.

Piglets Mommy
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Kathy, I am so glad you are doing a TR for this! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

karibritt01
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Great start to your trip report! I didn't realize the Marco Island condo was free... sweet! I so happy for you that you are managing to get a short trip to the World. :hug:

Janet B
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Kathy,
So glad that your dream of returning "home" is coming true.:woohoo: Look forward to reading about your adventures:) Wish we were going to be there at the same time, but happy we are both going to Disney!
Janet

KatMark
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Kathy, I am so glad you are doing a TR for this! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

Great start to your trip report! I didn't realize the Marco Island condo was free... sweet! I so happy for you that you are managing to get a short trip to the World. :hug:

Hi Kathy,
So glad that your dream of returning "home" is coming true.:woohoo: Look forward to reading about your adventures:) Wish we were going to be there at the same time, but happy we are both going to Disney!
Janet

Thanks, my "pickle" friends.

inkedupmomma
08-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey Kat, I'm here! Hope we can say hi to each other while at CSR!!

lamblisa
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Kathy, I'm glad you'll be able to go! Your CSR thread convinced me to stay there instead of CBR when I was planning my upcoming Sept vacation.

KatMark
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Okay, back for some more.

We really shouldn't have been too upset that we weren't going this year as we've gone the last three years and a lot of people have never been or don't go for years and years in between. But when you have that Disney mentality, you miss it.

We've stayed at CSR the last three years (the Poly was in 2004--a special treat for oldest DS and his girlfriend--it was our gift to DS for his high school graduation) and the CSR prior to 2004 four other times. So this makes stay number 8.

CSR really is our "home away from home"...it has everything we want in a resort and at a price we can afford (well, except when the economy is a mess and you have two kids in college!). We've always stayed in the Casitas section, but this year we've asked to be put in the Ranchos or the Cabanas...we thought we ought to try other parts of the resort after seven stays. This is one of my favorite pictures of CSR:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip127.jpg

In 2006, we went just because we went.

In 2007, it was my 50th birthday/successful breast cancer surgery celebration.
It was a wonderful trip -- laidback and cause for celebration that they had caught the cancer early enough, it was removed, did the radiation and everything was okay (it will be three years this February!).

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_0916.jpg (from a side trip to the beach, but the best picture from that trip that I had of me)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip213.jpg (Mark having a sword fight with an adorable girl we met on POTC)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip265.jpgOutside of LeCellier in Canada in World Showcase

Last year, 2008, was a trip with our best friends to celebrate Mark's and my 25th wedding anniversary. We came close to canceling the trip after a year's worth of planning because my dad died a week before our trip. I really didn't think I'd be able to enjoy myself, but dad's last wish to me had been that we go on the trip no matter what and have a good time. So we went and we celebrated my dad and his love for his family and life in general.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_1729.jpg (Tom and Shelley, our best friends, with us at Downtown Disney)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_1666.jpg (Me and Shelley at CP breakfast)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_1704.jpg (Mark and Tom at Downtown Disney)

So that brings us to 2009 and our short mini-trip.

We plan to arrive on Saturday, September 19. Our plane should land around 11:30 a.m. or so and we figure to be at CSR around 1:00 after picking up our rental car (this is the same flight and time frame of the last three trips). We will check in at CSR (and hopefully our room will be ready) and drop off luggage and head over to the Studios for a 3:35 p.m. ressie at Sci Fi. I doubt we'll get to do Toy Story because I'm sure all the fast passes will be gone by the time we get there (we missed it last year too because of the long lines and we only spend about a 1/2 day at the Studios). We'll try to get in Rock & Roll for DH (not my favorite ride), TOT once or twice (my favorite ride), Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Walt Disney Story and a little "eye shopping."

We are hoping to have a little "mini" DIS meet at the CSR on Saturday night or sometime Sunday of all the great DISer's who have been very supportive of me during my ordeal with dad last year and just because they are a great group of people.

aubriee
08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Aaaah! You and Mark both look like you have such a great time at WDW. I am so glad things worked out, so that you could go this year.:hug:

december14disney
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Iím in! You may not know this but your insight has helped me out A LOT on the boards this past year. We stayed at CSR in May for Star Wars Weekends on your recommendation and loved it! :thumbsup2:)

I am so happy you get to go this year!!!!!

trennr
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm here. :thumbsup2

KatMark
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Kat, I'm here! Hope we can say hi to each other while at CSR!!

I've set up a poll on the Resorts forum to see who can go when...and I hope so too.

Kathy, I'm glad you'll be able to go! Your CSR thread convinced me to stay there instead of CBR when I was planning my upcoming Sept vacation.

Thanks! As I tell everyone else, if you love it half as much as we do, I'll be thrilled. :)

Aaaah! You and Mark both look like you have such a great time at WDW. I am so glad things worked out, so that you could go this year.:hug:

We absolutely love it. Where else can you forget all your troubles and worries and just LET LOOSE? :rotfl::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo:

Iím in! You may not know this but your insight has helped me out A LOT on the boards this past year. We stayed at CSR in May for Star Wars Weekends on your recommendation and loved it! :thumbsup2:)

I am so happy you get to go this year!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you loved CSR. I know it is not for everyone, but so many people find that something "special" about the CSR.

I'm here. :thumbsup2

Glad you are here, Nathan (I'm loving your report!).

BlueSkies
08-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Kathy Just came across your pre trippie and I will tell that your story made me cry...wow what a couple of years!!!(my condolences on the loss of your dad...) so glad that you are getting to go back to CSR even if it for a short stay...

We are at the same stage as you are... kids in college...life taking us in new directions...and through it all disney is our happy place too!!! And we have raised disney fans too...

Anyway just wanted to say congratulatins on your trip!!! Have a great time!

KatMark
08-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Kathy Just came across your pre trippie and I will tell that your story made me cry...wow what a couple of years!!!(my condolences on the loss of your dad...) so glad that you are getting to go back to CSR even if it for a short stay...

We are at the same stage as you are... kids in college...life taking us in new directions...and through it all disney is our happy place too!!! And we have raised disney fans too...

Anyway just wanted to say congratulatins on your trip!!! Have a great time!

Thank you so much. :hug:

lacrosse_lady72
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I just voted on the mini DIS meet... I'm crossing my fingers that Sept 19th is a go but I guess I'll have to wait until Sept 13 to find out :)

Did all four of you get dreamed last year or just the ladies?

KatMark
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I just voted on the mini DIS meet... I'm crossing my fingers that Sept 19th is a go but I guess I'll have to wait until Sept 13 to find out :)

Did all four of you get dreamed last year or just the ladies?

I saw your vote.

All four of us got dreamed...the guys picked two kids at the Crystal Palace (who were just a "single" child with parents) and gave their dream ears to them. Shelley & Tom also got dreamed at Panchitos at the CSR and were able to open the store with a magic wand, got a certificate and a little memento from the store. Mark and I received a "huge" dream box when we got home with LOTS AND LOTS of goodies in it.

lacrosse_lady72
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I saw your vote.

All four of us got dreamed...the guys picked two kids at the Crystal Palace (who were just a "single" child with parents) and gave their dream ears to them. Shelley & Tom also got dreamed at Panchitos at the CSR and were able to open the store with a magic wand, got a certificate and a little memento from the store. Mark and I received a "huge" dream box when we got home with LOTS AND LOTS of goodies in it.

Aw that was nice of them.

That sounded like a fun trip!

KatMark
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Aw that was nice of them.

That sounded like a fun trip!

Despite the fact that I lost my dad a week before the trip, we had a blast and it was probably one of the best trips we've ever had. Everything went perfectly, Shelley and I have been best friends for 25+ years, we are godparents to one of each other's kids, Tom is a gem (her second husband) and we just had a grand time. They understood my tears at time about dad and we just really enjoyed.

Our "dream gift" when we got home was: a plush Mickey & Minnie (with Year of A Million Dreams clothes on them), Year of a Million Dreams photo album, frame, coffee mug, jelly beans, tote bag, a starter lanyard set with 12 pins and a $384 gift card.

EstherS
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Kat,

I am so happy that you will get to make this trip. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Esther

KatMark
08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Kat,

I am so happy that you will get to make this trip. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Esther

Thanks, Esther.:hug:

inkedupmomma
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
great pics and background info! thanks for sharing!:hug: i'm going to go check out the poll!

tiggerx3
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm glad to hear you're going back! I ran into you and your crew last year in MK all decked out in your T-shirts, Mickey ears and pins.
I'll check out your poll and see if anything works for us. We're arriving on the 19th after a long drive from PA, so I'm not sure we'll be able to make it that night. We'll see!

KatMark
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Okay, before I get back to our plans for this mini-trip, here are pictures of our two, if I do say so myself--handsome sons.

Andy, age 23 (with girlfriend Nicole at Disney last month--wasn't sure if that was sweat or the dribbles from his Long Island Iced Tea on his shirt :rotfl:)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/101_0875.jpg

Mark, who turned 21 in May (heaven help us) (with one of his wrestlers he coaches)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/SpringBreakGWA002-1.jpg

Okay, day 2 -- Sunday, September and our first full day at Disney. If we aren't doing coffee at the CSR with some Diser's, we plan on being at rope drop at Epcot; we will do every attraction we possibly can (Mark will do Mission by himself...sorry I don't do that ride...nope not me :scared1:).

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/DSC04067.jpg

We have a lunch ADR at 12:55 at LeCellier.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/25thanniversarytrip--LeCellier.jpg

After lunch, we'll go back to the CSR for awhile and go hang out at the Dig Site and I'll have a drink or two.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Francisco.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/CSRMainPool.jpg

And then we'll head to the MK around 5:30 or 6:00 for extra magic hours at the MK and, of course, Wishes.

KatMark
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm glad to hear you're going back! I ran into you and your crew last year in MK all decked out in your T-shirts, Mickey ears and pins.
I'll check out your poll and see if anything works for us. We're arriving on the 19th after a long drive from PA, so I'm not sure we'll be able to make it that night. We'll see!

Thank you. I hope you can do it...we're going to go with the consensus. And there's always next year...a good reaosn to go back again and again so that we can meet all the great Disers!

inkedupmomma
08-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Okay, before I get back to our plans for this mini-trip, here are pictures of our two, if I do say so myself--handsome sons.

Andy, age 23 (with girlfriend Nicole at Disney last month--wasn't sure if that was sweat or the dribbles from his Long Island Iced Tea on his shirt :rotfl:)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/101_0875.jpg

Mark, who turned 21 in May (heaven help us) (with one of his wrestlers he coaches)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/SpringBreakGWA002-1.jpg

Okay, day 2 -- Sunday, September and our first full day at Disney. If we aren't doing coffee at the CSR with some Diser's, we plan on being at rope drop at Epcot; we will do every attraction we possibly can (Mark will do Mission by himself...sorry I don't do that ride...nope not me :scared1:). We have a lunch ADR at 12:55 at LeCellier. After lunch, we'll go back to the CSR for awhile and go hang out at the Dig Site and I'll have a drink or two and then we'll head to the MK around 5:30 or 6:00 for extra magic hours at the MK.

uhm.. your boys are cuteyyyy:cutie: and we will also be at Mk on Sunday te 20th for EMH, but not until later. We have a 5pm HDDMR adr for John's b-day!

that's nice
08-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Kathy,
I was catching up on all things CSR and I saw you started a PTR!!

You really have some great ADR's. I think I need to check more often. I'm trying to get my CRT dinner pushed back 1 hour. I'm coming up to when people start canceling.

LuvvsMickey
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
CSR -- We are coming "HOME". :)

Just found this while skimming through the other thread. I am SO freakin happy for you and can't wait to follow along with ya! :banana: Just let me finish up my last couple of days here, *sniff* and get back home in one piece and I'm all over it baby!! WEE HOO! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

So excited. :teeth:

TigerKat
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Signing on!!! I am so excited for you & this trip and hoping one day we can meet!:goodvibes

KatMark
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
uhm.. your boys are cuteyyyy:cutie: and we will also be at Mk on Sunday te 20th for EMH, but not until later. We have a 5pm HDDMR adr for John's b-day!

Thanks...they turned out pretty good! :)

I'll text you when we have the results of the poll.

Kathy,
I was catching up on all things CSR and I saw you started a PTR!!

You really have some great ADR's. I think I need to check more often. I'm trying to get my CRT dinner pushed back 1 hour. I'm coming up to when people start canceling.

Good luck with the CRT! Here's some pixiedust:pixiedust: Can't wait to see the next trip report--especially pictures of precious Juliana.

Just found this while skimming through the other thread. I am SO freakin happy for you and can't wait to follow along with ya! :banana: Just let me finish up my last couple of days here, *sniff* and get back home in one piece and I'm all over it baby!! WEE HOO! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

So excited. :teeth:

Thanks, Tracy. You just concentrate on enjoying your last two days at Disney...and getting news from home.

Signing on!!! I am so excited for you & this trip and hoping one day we can meet!:goodvibes

I hope we can meet one day too. You, me and Nicki--now wouldn't that be a hoot! ;)

momtoBrandon&Jacob
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Kathy!!! So happy you guys get to go this year. :goodvibes I stumbled upon your PTR through Alan's TR. Can't wait to read the rest.

Allie

KatMark
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Kathy!!! So happy you guys get to go this year. :goodvibes I stumbled upon your PTR through Alan's TR. Can't wait to read the rest.

Allie

Thanks, Allie. I wish it could be a longer trip...but Mark and I are just glad to be able to go for a couple of days.

KatMark
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Plans for Day 3, Monday, September 21

This will be an all day at the MK day. We'll get there for rope drop and I know that the first ride we will head to will be DH's favorite

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/MarkonDumbo.jpg

From there, we'll finish the rides in Fantasyland. Then it will probably be time for our 10:00 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace. From there, we'll head over to Haunted Mansion and then the two mountains, POTC, Hall of Presidents (need to see the addition of President Obama). We'll see what time it is around then and probably head back to the CSR for a rest at the pool (DH loves the Dig Site Pool).

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_1545.jpg

We'll head back to the MK after our swim and finish up what we may not have done or want to do again. We also have a 6:40 ADR at the Plaza for dinner. We'll stay at the MK until closing this night which is 9:00 and watch Wishes.

Amy&Dan
08-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Kathy, after a long week of dealing swine flu in my house, finally some good news: You and Mark get to go to WDW!!!!!:cool1:

This just couldn't happen to two more deserving people.

Can't wait to hear more and so far, your plans sound perfect for a short trip. And to get those ADR's, well, its meant to be!

I love the pictures, can Mark wear that Eeyore hat when I see you guys next weekend?;)

KatMark
08-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Kathy, after a long week of dealing swine flu in my house, finally some good news: You and Mark get to go to WDW!!!!!:cool1:

This just couldn't happen to two more deserving people.

Can't wait to hear more and so far, your plans sound perfect for a short trip. And to get those ADR's, well, its meant to be!

I love the pictures, can Mark wear that Eeyore hat when I see you guys next weekend?;)

Thanks, Amy. We're so looking forward to it. And Mark and I are very anxious to meet you and Dan next Saturday for lunch. And, yes, perhaps he'll wear his Eeyore ears so you know who we are. :rotfl2:

Okay, Day 4 and our last day at Disney before we head to Marco Island is planned like this. We'll have breakfast in our room...which we hope will be one of these:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/S7300285-1-1.jpg

We will take luggage to car and then head over to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours for the a.m.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip319.jpg

We want to get everything done in Future World before we head over to World Showcase for lunch at one of the counter services and finish up what we might have missed on our earlier visit. We plan to leave around 3 p.m. for our drive to Marco Island which is about four hours from Orlando. Mark is packing his GPS so hopefully it won't let us down and we won't get lost.

brookelizabeth
08-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm joining in! :goodvibes

Congratulations on getting all your ADRs! :thumbsup2 Your plans are looking great!! I love your DH's Dumbo ears :rotfl:

KatMark
08-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm joining in! :goodvibes

Congratulations on getting all your ADRs! :thumbsup2 Your plans are looking great!! I love your DH's Dumbo ears :rotfl:

He WISHES they were Dumbo ears. They are actually Eeyore ears...and I have to tell you the attention he gets is unbelievable when he wears them. :rotfl:

MeMom
08-08-2009, 01:26 PM
How nice that you were offered a condo! Long Disney trips are awesome, but any Disney you can get in is good! We just returned from a nice ten day trip, but we'd happily take 2-3 days any chance we got. So glad that it has all worked out so nicely for you!

KatMark
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
How nice that you were offered a condo! Long Disney trips are awesome, but any Disney you can get in is good! We just returned from a nice ten day trip, but we'd happily take 2-3 days any chance we got. So glad that it has all worked out so nicely for you!

Thanks. Mark is really psyched about the condo. He loves the ocean and walking on the beach. And we're told we can see the dolphins in the morning from our balcony. :thumbsup2

OhioDisneyLover
08-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm in! :thumbsup2

KatMark
08-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Getting very frustrated. We cn free airline tickets, but I'm finding NO direct flights from O'Hare to Orlando with the free tickets. I am NOT doing a one stop or two stop flight...I hate flying as it is.

So it looks as if I might have to tick off oldest son and we'll have to fly out on Friday night on a 7:30 flight which gets us to Orlando around 11:45. We can use Mark's points at LaQuinta and stay there for the night whicih actually gives us another full day at the parks (yahoo!). But oldest DS will be very unhappy because this means dad is going to miss two Friday nights of bowling (they bowl on a league together). I can't book the flights until Monday when the transfer of the miles arrives (boss gave us the miles we were short), so maybe something will open up in the meantime.

Piglets Mommy
08-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Getting very frustrated. We cn free airline tickets, but I'm finding NO direct flights from O'Hare to Orlando with the free tickets. I am NOT doing a one stop or two stop flight...I hate flying as it is.

So it looks as if I might have to tick off oldest son and we'll have to fly out on Friday night on a 7:30 flight which gets us to Orlando around 11:45. We can use Mark's points at LaQuinta and stay there for the night whicih actually gives us another full day at the parks (yahoo!). But oldest DS will be very unhappy because this means dad is going to miss two Friday nights of bowling (they bowl on a league together). I can't book the flights until Monday when the transfer of the miles arrives (boss gave us the miles we were short), so maybe something will open up in the meantime.

My fingers are crossed for you for the flight! (Although, an extra full day in the parks wouldn't be too heartbreaking...)

LaniesMom
08-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Finally got done with work this week and got my Dis fix, so I'm here, Kat.
SO excited for you!
Direct from Chicago to Orlando is not easy to find these days.

KatMark
08-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Finally got done with work this week and got my Dis fix, so I'm here, Kat.
SO excited for you!
Direct from Chicago to Orlando is not easy to find these days.

I'm glad you are here.

Especially when you are limited to one airline -- United in our case because of our miles. I just talked to DH (who is in Vegas on business) and he said go for the Friday night flight and we'll have a full day at the park and too bad for bowling! My hero! :thumbsup2

KatMark
08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I love Edward? You might be saying to yourself...I'm sure her husband's name is Mark; who is Edward? Edward is my savior...he gives me my massages when I splurge for one. Well, I just got back from seeing Edward and let me tell you, I'm in heaven. I feel like a new woman. I've woken up with a stiff neck the last three mornings and you would never know it after Edward was done with me.

Well, I did it. Made our airline reservations. We leave on Friday, the 18th, arriving in Orlando around 10:45 p.m. and we leave Orlando at 3:00 on Tuesday, September 29. This gives us all day on Saturday at a park. So maybe we'll be able to go over to AK for a little while after all. Now we just have to figure out where we are staying the night of the 18th...I think we'll probably just stay somewhere on International Drive and then head over to the CSR at 7 a.m. and get checked in and head to a park. Of course, the car rental ended up costing me more money, but I'll keep checking to see if the prices go down.

KatMark
08-09-2009, 03:16 PM
So excited. I was just able to get Boma for breakfast on Saturday, September 19 at 7:50 a.m.. We've been wanting to do this for years and finally are going to do it. I was trying to keep expenses down for food, but I just won $100 on an instant lotto ticket so this will pay for Boma and Crystal Palace breakfasts. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

M & E love WDW
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Just reading your pre-trippy. I love that you include pics too. Congrats on lot's of stuff going your way. I'm glad that you're sneaking in a few days and an eensie bit longer due to flights. Now winning lotto tickets? Hope the pixie dust keeps blowing your way. Will continue to follow along.

EstherS
08-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Sweet an extra day! :cool1:

trennr
08-09-2009, 07:46 PM
:cool1:

that's nice
08-10-2009, 12:54 AM

I love how DISer's think!! You are expanding your trip.... :banana:more park days!!!!!!

So excited. I was just able to get Boma for breakfast on Saturday, September 19 at 7:50 a.m.. We've been wanting to do this for years and finally are going to do it. I was trying to keep expenses down for food, but I just won $100 on an instant lotto ticket so this will pay for Boma and Crystal Palace breakfasts. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Congrats on the win!!!:yay:
Now if I can only win Power Ball... I'd have more Disney time! LOL:rotfl2:

Minnie&Nana
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Okay, all caught up...no skimming either :thumbsup2... I am so excited you've started a PTR - we get to watch the excitement and planning of this wonderful trip unfold. :goodvibes

And it seems you just keep getting dusted more each day! That $100 win is fantastic!! And an extra day - aww, too bad you had to leave on Friday and have a full day at Disney. ;)

The ADR's are excellent - I know not everyone enjoys SciFi and we've had some less than great meals there on occasion, but overall, we so enjoy the atmosphere of the old time drive-in etc. When you check in for the adr, be sure to ask for a car - front seat, if possible - it will be worth the wait (usually not long at all).

I am so excited for and with you & Mark!!:woohoo:

inkedupmomma
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM

No freaking way! :banana: congrats on the win! That is awesome! and Boma IS also awesome! That was my DD and Dh's favorite by far last year! nd yay for sneaking in a lil' Ak time! I'm truly excited for you guys :hug:

KatMark
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Just reading your pre-trippy. I love that you include pics too. Congrats on lot's of stuff going your way. I'm glad that you're sneaking in a few days and an eensie bit longer due to flights. Now winning lotto tickets? Hope the pixie dust keeps blowing your way. Will continue to follow along.

Sweet an extra day! :cool1:

:cool1:

I love how DISer's think!! You are expanding your trip.... :banana:more park days!!!!!!

Congrats on the win!!!:yay:
Now if I can only win Power Ball... I'd have more Disney time! LOL:rotfl2:

Okay, all caught up...no skimming either :thumbsup2... I am so excited you've started a PTR - we get to watch the excitement and planning of this wonderful trip unfold. :goodvibes

And it seems you just keep getting dusted more each day! That $100 win is fantastic!! And an extra day - aww, too bad you had to leave on Friday and have a full day at Disney. ;)

The ADR's are excellent - I know not everyone enjoys SciFi and we've had some less than great meals there on occasion, but overall, we so enjoy the atmosphere of the old time drive-in etc. When you check in for the adr, be sure to ask for a car - front seat, if possible - it will be worth the wait (usually not long at all).

I am so excited for and with you & Mark!!:woohoo:

No freaking way! :banana: congrats on the win! That is awesome! and Boma IS also awesome! That was my DD and Dh's favorite by far last year! nd yay for sneaking in a lil' Ak time! I'm truly excited for you guys :hug:

Thanks everyone. I'm loving getting in a full day on Saturday so we can squeeze in AK one morning. However, I've now AGAIN rearranged all of my ADR's. Therefore, when I get back from the eye doctor (I have something in my eye...it is like a cream colored puffy dot next to my eyeball) I'm going to have to edit my days plans up above. But I don't mind...I get a full day at the parks instead of only a half day AND we're staying at CSR four nights instead of three.

:banana::banana::banana:

Minnie&Nana
08-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm loving getting in a full day on Saturday so we can squeeze in AK one morning. However, I've now AGAIN rearranged all of my ADR's. Therefore, when I get back from the eye doctor (I have something in my eye...it is like a cream colored puffy dot next to my eyeball) I'm going to have to edit my days plans up above. But I don't mind...I get a full day at the parks instead of only a half day AND we're staying at CSR four nights instead of three.

My gosh, hope you're eye is okay, Do keep us posted.

You almost slipped the other major news right by us at the end of the post...you would have caught the skimmers that way!!:rotfl2:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Is about all I can say about that bit of news!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo:

lacrosse_lady72
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM

You almost slipped the other major news right by us at the end of the post...you would have caught the skimmers that way!!:rotfl2:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Is about all I can say about that bit of news!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Ditto on everything :) I hope your eye gets better... yikes!

But :woohoo: for 4 nights at CSR!!!

KatMark
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry for the temporary lack of photos...I'm upgrading my photobucket account. Hopefully they'll be up again soon.

LuvvsMickey
08-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the temporary lack of photos...I'm upgrading my photobucket account. Hopefully they'll be up again soon.

Photobucket sucks. Ask me how I know. :headache:

Very cool news on the extra day. Score for youse guys!! :thumbsup2

KatMark
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM

You are too funny. Glad to hear you've had a good visit with your friend.

Ditto on everything :) I hope your eye gets better... yikes!

But :woohoo: for 4 nights at CSR!!!

My eye is a little better. I do have a small infection in it and I have eye drops...he said it would take a couple of days for some of the bluriness to go away.

Photobucket sucks. Ask me how I know. :headache:

Very cool news on the extra day. Score for youse guys!! :thumbsup2

Yes--we are really pumped on that extra night...although it will be midnight when we get there.

KatMark
08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Okay, rather than EDIT all of my plans that I posted earlier, I'm going to give a brief overhaul of the NEW schedule now that we are flying in Friday night instead of Saturday morning which gives us all day Saturday at Disney. :woohoo: I'll throw in some pictures so it looks new.

Here are the tentative plans. ;)

Friday night (the 18th) we arrive at MCO around 11 p.m. Pick up rental car and drive to CSR.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/ranchos.jpg

Saturday (the 19th) we will go to the MK as I was able to NAB an 8:05 a.m. ADR at the Crystal Palace. YEP, 8:05 a.m. -- I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS (we cancelled Boma when I got this).

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/KatandMarkwithTigger.jpg

We'll hang at the MK for awhile after breakfast and then go take a nap by the Dig Site pool. We'll head over to the Studios around 4 or so and do a bunch of stuff (and see if there are any fast passes left for Toy Story); we will have dinner at Sci Fi at 5:40 p.m. (this was originally scheduled for 3:35 p.m.). At the rate the poll is going now, it looks like some of us DISer's will be meeting at the CSR at 9:30 for a drink and gabfest!

Sunday (the 20th) we will have breakfast in the room or at Pepper Market and then head over to Epcot. We have a 12:55 reservation at LeCellier. Back to the Dig Site for a swim/nap and then to the MK for Extra Magic Hours. We'll probably have dinner at Cosmic Rays--a new favorite.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Kathys50thBirthdayTrip207.jpg

Monday (the 21st) we will have breakfast in the room and then be at the Animal Kingdom for the extra morning hours at 8 a.m.; lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/DSC04270.jpg

Back over to Epcot so we can do some of the stuff we missed on Sunday.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/DSC04146-1.jpg
Tuesday (the 22nd) we'll have a quick breakfast in the room and finish packing and be at Epcot for 8:00 a.m. for extra morning hours. From there, we'll head over to the MK to finish up any attractions we want to do again (or missed) and we have lunch at The Plaza at 1:00.

We plan to leave around 4 p.m. for the four hour drive to Marco Island.

I've typed and printed our schedule and HOPE not to change anything again (although I keep checking for a Yak&Yeti ressie).

Janet B
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I was trying to keep expenses down for food, but I just won $100 on an instant lotto ticket so this will pay for Boma and Crystal Palace breakfasts. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Excellent on the Lotto win! :thumbsup2 Guess I should play too, your luck may rub off on me, maybe pay for the Halloween tickets I haven't bought yet!:) (or for the wine ...)

Christine -I DIDN'T MISS IT!! Kathy, so GLAD you have an extra night at your "other' Home and a whole day in the park on Sat. :banana: I guess this trip was meant to be - that's awesome. Wish I was there for the DiSmeet too.

OhioDisneyLover
08-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Yay for our DIS meet! Can't wait to meet you!

brookelizabeth
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Your plans look great! Congrats on getting that 8:05 at CP! I love how you have everything "set", yet you keep looking for a Yak & Yeti. :lmao:

KatMark
08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Excellent on the Lotto win! :thumbsup2 Guess I should play too, your luck may rub off on me, maybe pay for the Halloween tickets I haven't bought yet!:) (or for the wine ...)

Christine -I DIDN'T MISS IT!! Kathy, so GLAD you have an extra night at your "other' Home and a whole day in the park on Sat. :banana: I guess this trip was meant to be - that's awesome. Wish I was there for the DiSmeet too.

I'll send some pixie dust that you win a little something. pixiedust:pixiedust: I wish you would be there for the DIS meet too. And I have NEVER known a Pickle to "skim."

Yay for our DIS meet! Can't wait to meet you!

Me too...getting excited.

Your plans look great! Congrats on getting that 8:05 at CP! I love how you have everything "set", yet you keep looking for a Yak & Yeti. :lmao:

And guess what I did first thing this morning when I walked into the office and logged in???? :lmao::lmao:

Minnie&Nana
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
So, does that mean you snagged Yak & Yeti?? ::yes::

I am so happy for you, Kathy, I really could just burst!! Please don't forget our pickle thread - I'm getting confused as to where I've posted - here or there!! :lmao:

KatMark
08-11-2009, 04:51 PM
So, does that mean you snagged Yak & Yeti?? ::yes::

I am so happy for you, Kathy, I really could just burst!! Please don't forget our pickle thread - I'm getting confused as to where I've posted - here or there!! :lmao:

No, I didn't get it...still no availability. But you know me...I'll keep trying. And I just talked to the lawyer I work with...there is a computer at the condo so if I'm not too busy laying on the beach and watching the dolphins, I'll be able to post my report/pictures a little earlier.

Minnie&Nana
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
No, I didn't get it...still no availability. But you know me...I'll keep trying. And I just talked to the lawyer I work with...there is a computer at the condo so if I'm not too busy laying on the beach and watching the dolphins, I'll be able to post my report/pictures a little earlier.

I'll bet you will snag a ressie before you go.:thumbsup2

WooHoo, computer at the beach!!:woohoo: Oh, yes, you will have pity on your arm chair traveler friends left behind with no Disney trip this year - in other words, you'll at least post once for us! ::yes::
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

MarkinNM
08-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Kat, sounds like you have a full plan on your 4 nights of CSR that happens to be in WDW!!!! ;)

You will be arriving on our last end of our stay maybe we will bump into each other, BTW I love you pics!!

SOOOOO looking forward in our stay, 32 days and counting!!!!!

KatMark
08-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Kat, sounds like you have a full plan on your 4 nights of CSR that happens to be in WDW!!!! ;)

You will be arriving on our last end of our stay maybe we will bump into each other, BTW I love you pics!!

SOOOOO looking forward in our stay, 32 days and counting!!!!!

When do you leave for home? Are you there for our DIS meet?

LaniesMom
08-12-2009, 10:25 AM

WooHoo! :cool1::thumbsup2:cool1: Which instant did you win on, Kat? My Dad loves to play the scratch-offs and hasn't been very lucky lately. Would love to get him some lucky ones.

Now here's hoping you get that Yak & Yeti ressie.

KatMark
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
WooHoo! :cool1::thumbsup2:cool1: Which instant did you win on, Kat? My Dad loves to play the scratch-offs and hasn't been very lucky lately. Would love to get him some lucky ones.

Now here's hoping you get that Yak & Yeti ressie.

I played the "Precious Pearl 7's" and I won another $100 on Monday -- $50 on each ticket. That is going towards a nice dinner in Marco Island to treat my DH for all the umpping he did this summer and missed dinners. :)

Janet B
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Cool! I just knew the lawyers had to have a laptop ... mine never go ANYWHERE without theirs ... even on vaca!

Would love to hear about your trip live (if you can find the time :goodvibes), it will just add to my own excitement:banana:

Since I know that you just got Yak & Yeti, congrats again:thumbsup2 I'm still trying for CP. (Note my new addition to my siggie) :woohoo:

KatMark
08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I'll bet you will snag a ressie before you go.:thumbsup2

WooHoo, computer at the beach!!:woohoo: Oh, yes, you will have pity on your arm chair traveler friends left behind with no Disney trip this year - in other words, you'll at least post once for us! ::yes::
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Cool! I just knew the lawyers had to have a laptop ... mine never go ANYWHERE without theirs ... even on vaca!

Would love to hear about your trip live (if you can find the time :goodvibes), it will just add to my own excitement:banana:

Since I know that you just got Yak & Yeti, congrats again:thumbsup2 I'm still trying for CP. (Note my new addition to my siggie) :woohoo:

Yes! Yes! Yes! I got Yak & Yeti. It's a little later than I wanted (1:30--we usually leave AK by noon), but we'll take it.

Yes, I thought I should ask Bob (the lawyer) if there was a washing machine...just to be sure...so we don't have to pack so much and I can do laundry in Marco Island and then, of course, wash the bedding and towels before we leave. He mentione dthere was also a computer so I could check email, etc., and to help myself. I'll take my camera thing to download pictures and perhaps I can tease you with a few before I get back and do a full report.

Minnie&Nana
08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Can't wait, Kathy!!! :yay:

Janet, does this mean you'll take along a laptop and give us some live reports too???? ;) :dance3:

Aw, darn...I wanna go to WDW too!!!! Can someone please hide me in their suitcase? I'll pay the extra baggage fees. ::yes:: Wait..on second thought it might be cheaper to just buy another tkt! :rolleyes1

that's nice
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
WOW you got Y&Y too?

I think I need to step up my game!!!! LOL:rotfl:

Janet B
08-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Can't wait, Kathy!!! :yay:

Janet, does this mean you'll take along a laptop and give us some live reports too???? ;) :dance3:

Aw, darn...I wanna go to WDW too!!!! Can someone please hide me in their suitcase? I'll pay the extra baggage fees. ::yes:: Wait..on second thought it might be cheaper to just buy another tkt! :rolleyes1

Nlot sure if I can bring the laptop (Sam likes to use mine) but I can use the excuse that I REALLY need to stay connected with her and the fam and to ALL my pickles -- we'll see ..., although if I'm posting after attending the Food & Wine festival (or after our happy hours), I can't be held responsible for what I may write!!:rotfl:

Christine - wish you were coming along too :sad1: (the offer is still open for joining up with us)

MarkinNM
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
When do you leave for home? Are you there for our DIS meet?

Kat, we fly out on Mon 21st.............

When is the meet??

KatMark
08-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Kat, we fly out on Mon 21st.............

When is the meet??

Well, the results of the poll thus far show Saturday night (the 19th) at 9:30 at the CSR. I'll make final decision by this weekend. But if nothing changes that is when it will be. I hope you can join us.

Minnie&Nana
08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Nlot sure if I can bring the laptop (Sam likes to use mine) but I can use the excuse that I REALLY need to stay connected with her and the fam and to ALL my pickles -- we'll see ..., although if I'm posting after attending the Food & Wine festival (or after our happy hours), I can't be held responsible for what I may write!!:rotfl:

Christine - wish you were coming along too :sad1: (the offer is still open for joining up with us)

Aw, Janet, you are so sweet! Let's see, one month and 14 days is when??? Darn! I'm delighted for you that you'll be there almost a week, but, alas, not over a weekend, so no go for me. Guess we'll be forced to plan that Girl's Trip! ;) Thanks anyway for the invite. :goodvibes

dogodisney
08-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I just noticed you had a PTR.

My heart broke for you when you had cancelled your trip for this year. You were so helpful to me last year when I was trying to decide on where to make ADRs and with other things in general.

I am so thrilled to see that you will be getting to go to Disney after all. :yay:
And the beach. :woohoo:

KatMark
08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
WOW you got Y&Y too?

I think I need to step up my game!!!! LOL:rotfl:

Step it up, Big Boy! :rotfl2:

I just noticed you had a PTR.

My heart broke for you when you had cancelled your trip for this year. You were so helpful to me last year when I was trying to decide on where to make ADRs and with other things in general.

I am so thrilled to see that you will be getting to go to Disney after all. :yay:
And the beach. :woohoo:

Thank you. I hope whatever I helped with you worked out.

We are thrilled. I'm looking forward to both parts of the trip. 4 Days of running around my favorite place on earth and then six days laying on a beach watching the dolphins. Life doesn't get much better than that.

KatMark
08-13-2009, 11:06 PM
And this is why I am so glad to be "going home."

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/pickle9.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/pickle5.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/pickle2.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/pickle6.jpg

that's nice
08-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Kathy,
Does the end of the rainbow lead you to your hammock???? :rotfl:

Those are great pics, BTW!

Minnie&Nana
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Kathy,

:thumbsup2

KatMark
08-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Kathy,

Absolutely!!!! :worship:

:thumbsup2

:cloud9:

tink771
08-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought you were gonna give the Cabanas a try? Is that the case or are you sticking with the Casitas?

KatMark
08-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought you were gonna give the Cabanas a try? Is that the case or are you sticking with the Casitas?

No, we asked for Cabanas or Ranchos. These were just the pictures that my friend Tracy posted.

KatMark
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Haven't posted in the last two days because nothing new to report. Still trying to change Yak & Yeti from 1:30 to a little earlier in the day; I made a small list of a few things I want to pick up when we are there (we have $160 in rewards dollars that we will use for souvenirs--a t-shirt for each of us, an ornament or two, etc.). We spent yesterday having lunch with a fellow Diser, Amy and her husband Dan (Amy&Dan here on the DIS). And we've set our date for our DIS meet at the CSR next month and Nicki and I've been talking about our lunch date in Marco Island after our Disney trip (MickeyNicki of the DIS).

Here's a photo from our lunch with Amy & Dan (Amy & Dan in front, Mark and I in the back).

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_2146.jpg

MissMichelle
08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
HI!!!! Too bad you are headed out the 22nd as we get in the 23rd for my birthday trip.....oh well, there's always next year! LMAO!

brookelizabeth
08-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Lovin' those CSR pics! Our trip is coming up so quickly and I'm very excited to experience CSR for the first time. I promise to bring back LOTS of pics!!

You've got lots of meets lined up! :yay:

lacrosse_lady72
08-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Wow, it seems like you know so many DISers!

KatMark
08-20-2009, 03:05 PM
HI!!!! Too bad you are headed out the 22nd as we get in the 23rd for my birthday trip.....oh well, there's always next year! LMAO!

Michelle, I am so upset that we are going to miss you. You were one of the ones I was hoping was going to be there. (: But like you said, "there's always next year!"

Lovin' those CSR pics! Our trip is coming up so quickly and I'm very excited to experience CSR for the first time. I promise to bring back LOTS of pics!!

You've got lots of meets lined up! :yay:

Glad you liked the pics! Your trip will be here before you know it.

Wow, it seems like you know so many DISers!

I've met a lot of great people who have become good freinds here on the DIS. Several of them helped me through a very difficult time last year when I lost my dad and I wouldn't have made it without them. I truly believe that 95% of the people on here are down to earth good people.

Hope you are all set to meet up on the 19th.

lacrosse_lady72
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I've met a lot of great people who have become good freinds here on the DIS. Several of them helped me through a very difficult time last year when I lost my dad and I wouldn't have made it without them. I truly believe that 95% of the people on here are down to earth good people.

Hope you are all set to meet up on the 19th.

That's good to hear! And I am so sorry about your dad :hug: :sad1:

I am ready! Was there a definitely place we're meeting at CSR?

KatMark
08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
That's good to hear! And I am so sorry about your dad :hug: :sad1:

I am ready! Was there a definitely place we're meeting at CSR?

By the tables by the outside bar (Laguna).

lacrosse_lady72
08-22-2009, 02:31 AM
By the tables by the outside bar (Laguna).

Great! I can't wait!

KatMark
08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Mark and I went to Home Depot yesterday (I was having a "blue" day) and he picked up some flowers and planted them for me. While we were there, we got our Lime Green Mickey Heads. I was so excited when I found them. I can't believe that the trip that wasn't supposed to be is only 22 days away. :dance3::dance3:

trennr
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Mark and I went to Home Depot yesterday (I was having a "blue" day) and he picked up some flowers and planted them for me. While we were there, we got our Lime Green Mickey Heads. I was so excited when I found them. I can't believe that the trip that wasn't supposed to be is only 22 days away. :dance3::dance3:

Hey...they have these Foam dangles/keychains shaped like little tiny Mickey baloons @WDW...I bought a fewof the Lime green ones at Panchitos and wore them in my belt loops...didn't see any DIS'er though...:confused: 9keep an ey out in my TR to see if you spot one...you get 100point if you see it. :thumbsup2

I'm about to post my CSR Pics in my TR...maybe tomorrow.

KatMark
08-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey...they have these Foam dangles/keychains shaped like little tiny Mickey baloons @WDW...I bought a fewof the Lime green ones at Panchitos and wore them in my belt loops...didn't see any DIS'er though...:confused: 9keep an ey out in my TR to see if you spot one...you get 100point if you see it. :thumbsup2

I'm about to post my CSR Pics in my TR...maybe tomorrow.

I don't remember seeing those...I'll have to take a peek at Panchitos. I'm waiting for your pictures.

trennr
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't remember seeing those...I'll have to take a peek at Panchitos. I'm waiting for your pictures.

They sell them in all the gift shops...usualliy in Bins near the registers...but Panchitos had them with the Keychains.

I'll try to get that update today...busy at work today though.

lacrosse_lady72
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
They sell them in all the gift shops...usualliy in Bins near the registers...but Panchitos had them with the Keychains.

I'll try to get that update today...busy at work today though.

I know the ones you're talking about... they had a TON of colors but I only saw a lime green one once :sad1: and I of course didn't purchase it then. :upsidedow

trennr
08-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I know the ones you're talking about... they had a TON of colors but I only saw a lime green one once :sad1: and I of course didn't purchase it then. :upsidedow

I remember at AK they had them in Animal fur patterns... Tiger... Zebra... Leopard.

I saw the colored ones in Mousegears...Emporium...The World of Disney...Once Upon a Toy.

Most were Red, Blue, Black,Yellow...seems like you had to dig deep to find the Green ones...must have been all us DISers. :thumbsup2

KatMark
08-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I hate these last three weeks before a trip. Everything is basically done but the packing and I get antsy because there is nothing left to do. I have my "vacation book" and I've started jotting some notes (flight times, resort choice, a few souvenirs not to forget to pick up, etc.).

Minnie&Nana
08-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I can't believe it's only 3 weeks. It is going to be incredible...Disney and then Marco Island - heavenly!! So happy for you!

Janet B
08-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I hate these last three weeks before a trip. Everything is basically done but the packing and I get antsy because there is nothing left to do. I have my "vacation book" and I've started jotting some notes (flight times, resort choice, a few souvenirs not to forget to pick up, etc.).

Kathy, I'm NEVER fully ready until 5 minutes before I walk out the door for the trip (and then I feel like I'm always missing something!!). I've basically done zero packing/buying the little things that I will need. Want to come here and help ME get ready??? You are so organized:) (I like your "vacation book" idea).

KatMark
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I can't believe it's only 3 weeks. It is going to be incredible...Disney and then Marco Island - heavenly!! So happy for you!

We can't wait...it will be our "summer" since we've not really had one here.

Kathy, I'm NEVER fully ready until 5 minutes before I walk out the door for the trip (and then I feel like I'm always missing something!!). I've basically done zero packing/buying the little things that I will need. Want to come here and help ME get ready??? You are so organized:) (I like your "vacation book" idea).

We went to Long Grove, a historic town in Illinois, and went to all the little shops. Got Mark some of his root beer barrel candy that he likes and some homemade apple butter. On the way home, we stopped at Woodfield Mall which we NEVER go to -- too big and too full of teenagers. We went to the Disney Store and I got a Tinkerbelle sleeveless t-shirt on sale for $5.99 for the trip...so I feel I did SOMETHING today. We then stopped at the Disney Vacation Club location. Yeah, that will NEVER happen. Starting prices at $17,820...I don't think so. I think we'll just pay the prices at AKL for a savannah view for a couple of nights. I have no interest whatsoever in Bay Lake--I think it looks like a Chicago Downtown Office Building...and too fancy for me. I'm much more of a casual person and probably why I love CSR.

LaniesMom
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
We went to Long Grove, a historic town in Illinois, and went to all the little shops. Got Mark some of his root beer barrel candy that he likes and some homemade apple butter. On the way home, we stopped at Woodfield Mall which we NEVER go to -- too big and too full of teenagers. We went to the Disney Store and I got a Tinkerbelle sleeveless t-shirt on sale for $5.99 for the trip...so I feel I did SOMETHING today.

Love Long Grove, it was the perfect cool weather but sunny day to go there! Have you ever been to downtown Geneva? That's another of my favorite places to go.
I'm with you on Woodfield. I think I may have gotten the same Tink shirt as you did, but at the Oakbrook location. :thumbsup2

We then stopped at the Disney Vacation Club location. Yeah, that will NEVER happen. Starting prices at $17,820...I don't think so. I think we'll just pay the prices at AKL for a savannah view for a couple of nights. I have no interest whatsoever in Bay Lake--I think it looks like a Chicago Downtown Office Building...and too fancy for me. I'm much more of a casual person and probably why I love CSR.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I thought the first time I saw pictures on here! I said to my husband, "that building looks like it could be somewhere on Lake Shore Drive.

So happy for you that your much deserved vacation is almost here!

that's nice
08-30-2009, 07:46 AM

Here's a little dance for you:cool1::banana:... your under 20 days!!!! You are getting so close Kathy!!!!!!!

I think I need a list of must see/must do while in Disney. I have a few.... like on the railroad.. asking if Juliana can be the conductor. From what I heard she can get a certificate and shout 'All aboard" Or DISers tradition of taking a picture of everyone's feet on the TTA.

Do you make custom 'cheat sheets'? LOL:rotfl:

KatMark
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Can't believe at this time next week we'll be walking around Hollywood Studios! :woohoo:

We've made a few changes (surprise) in our plans.

I cancelled Yak & Yeti on Monday (21st) at the AK. I had a 1:30 and could not get anything earlier and just don't want to be at the AK that late. So we'll do counter service both meals that day. I added a surprise that Mark does not know about -- I booked Fulton's for Monday (28th) on the night we drive back to Orlando before our flight out on Tuesday. Mark loves this restaurant and I won $100 twice on a scratch ticket so I thought I'd give him this surprise since he worked so hard all summer doing his second job. I've also made a breakfast ressie at Boma for the morning of the 29th before we head back to the airport.

We're also meeting another Diser, JanetB, for a drink after dinner on Fulton's and we're trying to hook up with Aubriee for coffee on Tuesday morning before our breakfast reservations.

I've started packing so I don't wear anything I want to take with and then have to wash it again.

trennr
09-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Well...have a Dole Whip or 12 for me...and a Pineapple bar or 12.:thumbsup2

KatMark
09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Well...have a Dole Whip or 12 for me...and a Pineapple bar or 12.:thumbsup2

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

For you, I'm going to give the Dole Whip a try. In over 20 visits to WDW, we've NEVER had one.

TigerKat
09-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Kat, in case I don't get back on before you leave, have a safe & great trip. I know you know what's going on with me and why I'm kinda lurking.:hug:

KatMark
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Kat, in case I don't get back on before you leave, have a safe & great trip. I know you know what's going on with me and why I'm kinda lurking.:hug:

Thanks, Kathy. You've been in my thoughts all day. :hug:

Thanks for the wishes. I promise a report when I get back -- both resort and food. Love ya...take care.

TigerKat
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the wishes. I promise a report when I get back -- both resort and food. Love ya...take care.

Love ya too!:hug:

brookelizabeth
09-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Love the surprise for Mark!! :thumbsup2 And I think it's great that it's after you drive back to Orlando, you get just a touch more of Disney before your vacation is complete. :goodvibes

If you like pineapple, you GOTTA try the Dole Whip! They are HUGE, so quite filling, and sooooo tasty. This past trip I got pineapple/vanilla swirl in a float. Drool.

5 days for you!!!!! :yay:

Minnie&Nana
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Kathy, I am so excited for you & Mark, I could just dance!!! Maybe I will!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

(Could you try logging on to the disneyworld.com site and let me know if you get in? It will not recognize me and have not been able to log in all morning. TIA!) :hug:

KatMark
09-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Kathy, I am so excited for you & Mark, I could just dance!!! Maybe I will!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

(Could you try logging on to the disneyworld.com site and let me know if you get in? It will not recognize me and have not been able to log in all morning. TIA!) :hug:

Yep, I was able to get in.

LaniesMom
09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Only 5 days for you! Yippee!

One more thing: GO BEARS! Beat the Pack!
Have a great evening, Kathy.

KatMark
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Only 5 days for you! Yippee!

One more thing: GO BEARS! Beat the Pack!
Have a great evening, Kathy.

Our oldest son is at the game tonight. In ALL of the years that our youngest was a diehard Green Bay Packer fan (or should I say a Brett Favre fan), we could never get tickets for him to go to Lambeau. Our oldest got tickets for the game tonight with his best friend and best friend's dad and they are sitting in a skybox (they tailgated in their BEAR painted camper until just a short time ago! Go BEARS.

Thanks!

that's nice
09-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Kathy,
YOU MADE IT!!!! 1 day to go!:cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: I hope you have the most MAGICALpixiedust: vacation ever! Have a great time going 'home'. I wish we were going tomorrow too! Have a safe trip and see you when you get back!!! :goodvibes

Tim

KatMark
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Kathy,
YOU MADE IT!!!! 1 day to go!:cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: I hope you have the most MAGICALpixiedust: vacation ever! Have a great time going 'home'. I wish we were going tomorrow too! Have a safe trip and see you when you get back!!! :goodvibes

Tim

Thanks, Tim...you are a dear. I can't believe it is here already. We are packed and ready to go.

I will give a review when I get back.

In the meantime, give Julianna a hug from me. :hug:

trennr
09-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Say Hi to Glen and Mavis!

And don't forget the Dole Whip! :thumbsup2

KatMark
09-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Say Hi to Glen and Mavis!

And don't forget the Dole Whip! :thumbsup2

Will do. And I made a big note in my Disney folder--TRY THE DOLE WHIP! I promise. :)

EstherS
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

Minnie&Nana
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
ONE DAY!!! :woohoo: Where did the time go? I am so darned excited for you. I want your days at Disney to pass slowly, but at the same time cannot wait to hear from you once you get to Marco Island!

What time if your flight tomorrow? O'hare or Midway? What time do you land? :dance3:

KatMark
09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

Thank you. :goodvibes

ONE DAY!!! :woohoo: Where did the time go? I am so darned excited for you. I want your days at Disney to pass slowly, but at the same time cannot wait to hear from you once you get to Marco Island!

What time if your flight tomorrow? O'hare or Midway? What time do you land? :dance3:

I've been forewarned that the computer in Marco is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...but I'll check in anyway.

Our plane is at 7:21 p.m. out of O'Hare; we land, hopefully, in Orlando at 10:57. We hope to be at CSR by midnight or shortly thereafter. I will then unpack quickly and off to bed...I'm having breakfast with Tigger and Pooh at 8:05 a.m. :) :dance3:

Piglets Mommy
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Have fun Kathy!!!!

KatMark
09-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Have fun Kathy!!!!

Thanks, Heather! :hug:

Minnie&Nana
09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
How are you feeling this afternoon, Kathy?? Did you get out of work early? Got your nails done? What color for the trip??? :)

TigerKat
09-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Have a wonderful time my friend!:thumbsup2

Minnie&Nana
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you. :goodvibes

We hope to be at CSR by midnight or shortly thereafter. I will then unpack quickly and off to bed...I'm having breakfast with Tigger and Pooh at 8:05 a.m. :) :dance3:

Will that breakfast include Eeyore ears???:thumbsup2

lacrosse_lady72
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Yay!!!! So close!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

KatMark
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
How are you feeling this afternoon, Kathy?? Did you get out of work early? Got your nails done? What color for the trip??? :)

Feeling better; still not 100%...but definitely better. Nails are tomorrow monring...haven't decided on color yet (alien green?).

Have a wonderful time my friend!:thumbsup2

Thanks, Kathy. Hug to you.

Will that breakfast include Eeyore ears???:thumbsup2

Eeyore ears AND Tigger ears.

Yay!!!! So close!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

See you Saturday night! :woohoo:

dogodisney
09-17-2009, 09:02 PM
WOW! That came quick. Have a wonderful and safe vacation. pixiedust:

LuvvsMickey
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Have a great trip, Kathy.

jlcd
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Looking forward to the trip report. Have a great time!

KatMark
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
WOW! That came quick. Have a wonderful and safe vacation. pixiedust:

Thanks! :)

Have a great trip, Kathy.

Thank you, girlfriend! :hug:

Looking forward to the trip report. Have a great time!

Thanks; not sure I'll do a full fledged 50 page trip report :lmao: , but I'll definitely do a review of CSR and a quick review of the parks and a dining review on the dining review board.

Minnie&Nana
09-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Today is Disney Day!!!! :woohoo::dance3::yay:

So excited for you, Kathy!!! Tonight you will sleep in your room at CSR!!!!:cool1:

Sorcerer Fan
09-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Have a WONDERFUL :banana::banana: MAGICAL pixiedust: pixiedust: FANTASTICAL :dance3::dance3: vacation

KatMark
09-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Today is Disney Day!!!! :woohoo::dance3::yay:

So excited for you, Kathy!!! Tonight you will sleep in your room at CSR!!!!:cool1:

Thanks, friend. I promise to post when we get to Marco Island if I can. :)

Have a WONDERFUL :banana::banana: MAGICAL pixiedust: pixiedust: FANTASTICAL :dance3::dance3: vacation

Thank you. And you have a wonderful, magical and fantastical trip as well for the celebration! :woohoo::dance3::yay::cool1:

TigerKat
09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Thinking of you, have a ball!!!!!!!!:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Janet B
09-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Feeling better; still not 100%...but definitely better. Nails are tomorrow monring...haven't decided on color yet (alien green?).

YES! Go GREEN (ya gotta support the pickles too:goodvibes)

M & E love WDW
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Kathy, sure hope you and Mark have a fantastic vacation. You deserve it after all the hard work you put in here.

KatMark
09-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Thinking of you, have a ball!!!!!!!!:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Thanks, Kathy. We had a blast at Disney and are now enjoying Marco Island.

YES! Go GREEN (ya gotta support the pickles too:goodvibes)

Thanks, Janet. Looking forward to seeing you Monday night. :)

Kathy, sure hope you and Mark have a fantastic vacation. You deserve it after all the hard work you put in here.

Thanks so much. We had a blast at Dinsey. The only bad part was that it was too short of a visit.

I promise a full review, dining review and possible trip report when I get back. The computer here in Marco is VERY slow and kicks me off all the time so I don't even want to attempt to try to type a report or review or try to upload pictures.

A little teaser...after seven stays in the Casitas, we requested Cabanas or Ranchos this trip for a change of pace. We were assigned Room 9273 in Cabanas 9A and it was a great location...seconds from the quiet pool, and not a bad walk to the Dig Site or El Centro. We were in a corner room and upgraded to a king and waterview room. I LOVE the new rooms and the new decor.