PDA

View Full Version : Anybody cancelled HB Vouchers

Donzy84
08-05-2009, 04:37 AM
:goodvibesHi guys,

The more and more I go through the voucher options the more it looks like we stand to lose.

Just wondered if anyone has cancelled HB options and got money back (we paid for them at same time as booking)?

Thanks

PJackson
08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I'd be interested to know this as I know we stand not to get much value out of our HB vouchers - the way I'm looking at it now is at least they are paid for in advance, so less money to carry etc and also they aren't going to cost us any more IYSWIM.... So, I won't be cancelling ours but I don't think I'd book them again.

I suspect like all Disney stuff, once you've booked, you'd stand to lose out if you cancelled. Having said that, you don't actually get the vouchers in your hand until you get there and you can effectively prebook them only a few days before travelling so, in theory you should be able to cancel too but I v much doubt it :rolleyes1

Might be worth ringing the booking line and asking I guess?

millymoo
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi
I booked our first trip to DLRP on monday and was persuded to book HB premium vouchers. However the more i looked into it i decided it wasn't worth the money unless we did BBWWS and Auberge and i think the children may be too young for those. I rang back on the monday afternoon an dwas told there would be a charge to reduce them down to HB plus. I then decided to stay with premium, but changed my mind the next day (i wish i was more decisive!) and spoke to a really nice guy who at first said there would be a charge as the price of the holiday would be reducing but then he suddenly said 'you know what, i'm just gonna do it for you'! So i was pretty lucky. I doubt i would have been able to cancell them entirely though. Also if you have got HB plus i don't think you wil lose money but maybe not save as much as first hoped. At least you will have some meals already paid for before you go. Thats how i am looking on it.

petentaz
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
We brought half board plus, then after much thought up graded to prem.

The main reason we did this was because it opened up so much more.

We are eating in Auburge and Inventions....

Now weve paid for them not really bothered about if we get "value" for money. Tend to look at it as we dont have to worry about paying for food. Just snacks during the day.

IMO that is.

Pete n Taz