PDA

View Full Version : Help with Room w/free dining/discount room

tylerbug
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
we normally get two rooms....one for myself and spouse and one for the kids...we would not make it in one room....we like the free dining they are offering however, with two people in each room it does not pay to do the free dining ..we would be better off using the discount room rate....BUT...we where wondering if anyone had done this or if we can book myself and two kids in one room under the free dining and other room (room only) at the discounted rate and my spouse would not have the free dining we would just pay for his meals..or could we use the free meals until they where used up and then just pay for the other meals!!!has anyone does this and does disney allow it...any help or suggestions would be appreciated....price break down:

2 room only december 11-18 coronado $1512.00
1 room for three with free dining plus one room(spouse)only $2172.50

difference $660.50 this is basically what the free dining would run us extra for three of us...of course, we also are getting one day base ticket with meal plan....which we already have passes so we really do not need the day!!!
PLEASE HELP!!

Shannon G
08-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Have you considered one of the Family Suites at ASMu? The free dining there in just the quick service plan, but you can pay to upgrade to regular free dining. Looks like for your dates a package w/ the upgraded dining and 1day tickets would run around $2,000 (give or take depending on your kids ages), and all of you would have the free dining.

aubriee
08-05-2009, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=tylerbug;33023470..we where wondering if anyone had done this or if we can book myself and two kids in one room under the free dining and other room (room only) at the discounted rate and my spouse would not have the free dining we would just pay for his meals..or could we use the free meals until they where used up and then just pay for the other meals!!!has anyone does this and does disney allow it...[/QUOTE]

The room key of the room that had free dining would have how many adults and how many kids are in that room. Restaurants are only allowed to let you order what's on your room key. In other words, if the key says one adult and two kids had the DDP, then one adult meal and two kids meals are all you could order. You would not be allowed to order another adult meal for your husband. His meal would have to be paid for out of pocket, as the CMs would just allow you to use one adult credit and two kids credits for each meal.

tylerbug
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the responses....that is what I was lookin for I dont care if we pay for one meal....just that we can dine together with split some on dining plan and paying for one.......any thoughts on if it is worth the $600???

marcielm
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I agree with the other poster about getting the family suite at ASMu. First, you get a qs bed in the bedroom (which has a door ;) ) and a small kitchen. Two bathrooms, each kid can have their own bed... two tv's. You can upgrade your meal plan to the DDP for a total just under $2000.