PDA

View Full Version : discount question about booking holiday peak time

WendyLovesPeter
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I haven't called yet.... I am afraid to even hear what they tell me. We want to arrive on 12-30-09 and stay for a week.

Should I expect any (anything at all) public discounts during this time? Or am I dreaming?! :confused3

marcielm
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Right now there isn't any discounts... but maybe there will be something that comes along for the first of Jan and you can get a discount on the later half of your trip.

Luv2Roam
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
dup

Luv2Roam
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, you are going at the most popular time possible. So....
Just depending on what you want and find out, your best bet may be even to have two bookings. One for the peak time, that will probably run into the first part of January. And then for the value season time. That may not be necessary. Just an option you may want to consider.

WendyLovesPeter
08-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Just depending on what you want and find out, your best bet may be even to have two bookings. One for the peak time, that will probably run into the first part of January. And then for the value season time. That may not be necessary. Just an option you may want to consider.

I did look into this, but....

I was told we have to totally check out of our first room then into the second..... and I mean physically pack it up and check out. I asked if it could just be done on paper and keep us in the same rooms (booking 3 rooms for 10 guests). She said possible but not guaranteed. I am guessing knowing Disney service they would PROBABLY be able to do this, but what a pain if it didn't work our for some reason! That many people and then then quite a time waste, I think, if we do have to move.

swald91
08-05-2009, 08:31 AM
We planned a trip once & then added to our dates....we had to make 2 separate reservations-when we checked in the CM told us we'd have to check out & then check back in....I wasn't happy about re-packing & moving but that's what they told me.. we were lucky enough to get to stay in the same room-so no packing for us! We also traveled around those dates before-long before that was a crazy time & no discounts available for us...do you a Disney visa? That may offer something?? Good luck & have a great time!

clanmcculloch
08-05-2009, 08:59 AM
The only discounts I've heard of over that time is from Magical Vacations. You need to contact them directly for a quote.

WendyLovesPeter
08-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Just depending on what you want and find out, your best bet may be even to have two bookings.

a new brainstorm - can anyone tell me if this would work?

I have a lot of amex credit card points that can be used to pay for travel - I could use them for the first part of the trip Dec 30-31 and then book a separate AAA rate for the remainder of the trip.

this would be no different than booking 2 separate reservations through Disney, right??

WendyLovesPeter
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM
a new brainstorm - can anyone tell me if this would work?

I have a lot of amex credit card points that can be used to pay for travel - I could use them for the first part of the trip Dec 30-31 and then book a separate AAA rate for the remainder of the trip.

this would be no different than booking 2 separate reservations through Disney, right??

anyone tried to split their stay this way - making part of reservation through Disney and the other part another way

marcielm
08-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I haven't done it... but I don't see why you couldn't. It would be like making 2 different reservations, but they would be back to back.