PDA

View Full Version : 2 couples, no childrens (Sep 5 to 9)

Dolphin2
08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi all!

We are from Quebec, Canada and we just decided about a couple days ago to go at WDW (Me, my Gf, and friends)... to have some kind of vacation and to party because my Gf just completed her bar exam to be a lawyer... :yay: :woohoo:

Just found out this board too! :worship:

Any tips about good rates, codes we could have...

I check the ones on the Disney site but want to know if there are other we could use...
(Great Room Rates for a Magical Disney Getaway, travel select nights between 7/22/09 - 10/3/09. EQR)
We looked at moderate or mostly at deluxe (Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Wilderness Lodge Resort)

Another question, If I decide to choose a Room-only offer, and I buy my tickets separately, do I lose the benefits on beeing on-site, like the extended hours?

I'll go check at CAA/AAA tomorow too since i'm a member but should I expect better or worse than the site rebate?

Finally, i checked some threads about PINS, if a couple years ago, I subscribe to the Disney site but my profile is not updated since then and at that time I checked to not received the offers, are they store somewhere like if I call at Disney or I can forget anything there? And is it normal I can' go to edit my profile because of a server error?

Thanks for taking the time to help me! :thumbsup2
J-P¨Simon

Mickey country
08-04-2009, 06:15 AM
There are a couple of discounts out there right now. Free dining, and a room only discount. Free dining would save you about $160 a day. A room only would benefit you more if you stay deluxe. Anyone staying @ a disney owned property, can take advantage of EMH, regardless of ticket purchase. for more info on the discounts, check out
mousesavers.com. Hope you find what you are looking for!

LexiC123
08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Those are the exact dates that my DH and I will be there. We snagged the awesome rate of $99US per night at - of all places - the Dolphin! With the taxes and $10/day resort charge (which gives you unlimited in-room High Speed Internet, 60 minutes of free local, toll free and credit card access calls, 2 bottles of water daily, and 20 minutes of domestic long distance) it works out to $121.38 per night, which is still a great rate for a deluxe hotel.

You'll be close to Epcot and DHS, will have access to Disney transportation and will also be able to partake in Extra Magic Hours at the parks. The only benefits that you won't be able to utilize - since it's not a Disney-owned property - will be Disney's Magic Express bus service to/from the airports and the Disney Dining Plan. Oh...and you can't charge purchases in the parks back to your room, although you can have them sent back to the hotel instead of carrying them around with you all day.

I think it's worth checking out: Swan and Dolphin (http://www.swandolphin.com/home.html)

See you there!

Dolphin2
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Free dining offer on those dates? The deals with free dining I saw where for end of Sept or beginning of october....

If we take room-only can we take the DDP? Because the AAA tickets-only seems to be a good price

marcielm
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
There is a new free dining offer that is out until Dec. 18th. Check it out on the Disney site! It might be a better deal than the AAA, especially with 4 adults.

edited to say: DUH, I just reread your post. The free dining offer won't work for you because you are going in Sept! :LOL

There is a room only discount & you can add the DDP to the deal. You will need to purchase at least a 1 day ticket for each guest to take advantage of the DDP.

Room only for AKL comes up around $1000... more if you chose a view
The Contemp is $1300.
The Beach Club is also about $1300.

Dining plan for 4 adults would add about $160 per night of hotel. The 1 day park tickets are about $75/person.

Dolphin2
08-04-2009, 10:09 PM
I am able to get tickets for 4 day for 283$ taxes included...each person with AAA

Dolphin2
08-08-2009, 07:47 PM
We just booked yesterday night ;)

You think I got a good price??

Booked with EQR code:

4 nights, AKL standard view
4 days + hopper
Dining Plan
about 1570 for two persons?

Mickey country
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Did you get any kind of discount? One or 2 rooms?

Dolphin2
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM
It was the discount on the disney sie...

the price is for 1 room... So it's that price for a couple.... We reserved 2 like that

YesMickey
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
If the dining plan is free that would be great, because you may have trouble getting reservations this close to your stay. Have fun and Tip: if you like margaritas you have to go to Downtown Disney to the Margarita stand and get a Patron Margarita they are cheaper than the Signature Marg. and alot better. Great way to start a night at Disney.:thumbsup2

JulieODC
08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
I just booked for the same time frame and got a similar deal - that includes free dining!!!

Dolphin2
08-14-2009, 09:32 AM
For that price, I got the DP included but not free....

What discount you used?

VAN
08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Have you checked the Mousesavers.com site? They usually have a lot of tips and list the most recent discounts available.

There will be free dining going on while you are there - I don't know if you are able to book it anymore, because promotions usually have a "must book by" date connected with them.

Just know that all of the TS restaurants will be booked, so you may have a difficult time getting ADRs for your desired restaurants/times.

Dolphin2
08-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Weird because I'm going from 9/5 to 9/9 and the special for free dining is 9/29/09-12/17/09

JulieODC
08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
I know the dates advertised for the free dining don't start until late September, but when I called and booked late last week, they still have free dining available for early September!

Not sure if certain resorts have been alloted certain # of free DDPs? So I got lucky and chose a resort/room that still qualified? We booked a standard view at WL.

Dolphin2
08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Probably :P

We are at the AKL standard...

VAN
08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Weird because I'm going from 9/5 to 9/9 and the special for free dining is 9/29/09-12/17/09 - Dolphin2

Not weird at all. In June they announced a FD for the period of mid-Aug thru Oct 3rd. ANOTHER, FD promotion was announced later and is the one you are referring to. I think the big difference is that the earlier one has the regular dining for free at the Values (as well as other resorts) and the later one only offers for free the QS plan for the Values w/ the regular dining at the Mod/Deluxes.

So, TWO DIFFERENT promotions. You must not have heard about the earlier one which is similar to what has been offered the last 3-4 years for that same timeframe.

Business is slow at WDW so they are offering tons of specials. In a normal, non-recession time frame, the discounts would be very hard to come by.