PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Blue Bayou and Blue Lagoon?

The Rocketeer
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Of course besides the menu, can anyone tell me the differences between these two restaurants? Over the years, I have dined at the Blue Bayou many, many times. But since it's our first trip to DLP, I want to make sure I do not miss out on a must-do dining experience. However, if it's very similar, then I will reserve elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

dlpSteve
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
The Blue Bayou is Tokyo is massive and very open compared to The Blue Lagoon and The Blue Lagoon has much better theming and is far more intimate- far nicer to eat in.

davewasbaloo
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I am guessing you are refering to the original in California vs. Paris.

At California you wait in a New Orleans plantation house and then go "outside" to dine under the lanterns on the patio of the house by the bayou. Food is traditional southern recipes and non alcoholic mint juleps.

In Paris, you wait in a pirate's tavern (with Marc Davis' concept art), and then go outside into the caribbean palm fronds cabanna by a shipwreck. They are similar though in many ways. The menu is a mix of fish, and caribbean cuisine with coconut and curry, orsterich and plantain. Wine is served here too.

Personally, I do not like the Blue Lagoon anywhere near as much. It is pretty, but the food and service has always been poor in my experience.

If you are not likely to head to DLP again, I would recommend Walt's. It feels like Club 33, has fantastic food and often good service, and is a must for the Disneyfan, waiting in a Victorian parlour full of pictures of Walt Disney and family, and then upstairs are themed rooms full of the concept art from imagineering about all the lands in the park. It is great.

even better food and service is found in the Silver Spur in Frontierland which is a highly themed gentlemen's cattlemen's club.

For great French Food and Wine and European decor, the Auberge de Cindrillon is very unique (but also expensive, though the wine is included in the price).

and our signature restaurant for dinner is the California Grill. Not quite as nice as the Napa Rose, but a step up from Steakhouse55. Also, the Steakhouse in the Village is on par with Steakhouse55, with nicer decor.

The Rocketeer
08-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks very much for your replies. And yes, I meant the Blue Bayou in California. I didn't realize there was one in Tokyo.

The detailed comparison between the two restaurants is great. Since we go the Disneyland California quite often, I'm looking for a different dining experience, so I think either Walt's or Silver Spur is just what I'm looking for.