PDA

View Full Version : FREE Pay It Forward Swap at Port Orleans- May-August WIDE open! LOTS OF OPENINGS!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Avonlady1001
08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Our wonderful box is once again in the black void at Riverside! :( The swap is on hold until it turns up or we decide to start anew...

Inspired by the PIF at the Values...(the following is borrowed from the value PIF's thread:)

This will be a free grab bag type swap and you never know what you are going to get.

• Things you may find or could include: band aids, dish soap, ponchos, toiletries, small childrens toys, water bottles, sealed snacks, really any small items you would like to PAY IT FORWARD.
• FOOD - must be sealed and labeled
• Dish Soap, etc and other non-food liquid items - please ensure they are in sealed Ziploc bags so they do not burst and damage other items.
• Tape a card or paper with the next participant’s information on the top of the box. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NAME ON THE BOX.
• Please pack your own tape in case the tape goes missing. If you can leave it, great.
• Please reinforce, fix or replace the box as needed.

You will be responsible for exchanging information with the swappers before & after you. Please swap your full names, reservation #, check in/out dates, which resort (Riverside or French Quarter), allergy info (if any), cell # where you can be reached at WDW in case of any changes or problems.

You will put this info on the card you will tape on the box.

If you are interested, please PM me, leave a post here, or email me at Blckjak1001@yahoo.com. New names will be added in the order I get the PMs.

If you are interested in joining one of the Pay It Forward Swaps at the POP or the AllStars Resorts, Click the appropriate link below:
Free PIF Swap at the POP (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167042)
Free PIF Swap all the All Stars (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2243405)

May
1-7 3pletprincesses POR
7-11 OPEN
11-15 slumpert
23-27 lollisfamily6
29-June 9 DisMom55 FQ (alt: May 27-June 2 jkshel)

June
29-9 DisMom55 (FQ)
9-12 JeremyJ (arriving FQ 6/4)
12-21 OPEN
21-26 CSwan1
26-31 OPEN

July
1-31 OPEN

August
1-6 OPEN
6-13 PrincessSarah314
13-19 OPEN
19-26 mtomlin66 FQ
26-Sept 4 Madisonsmom45

September
4-12 ateam79828592 (checking in the 3rd)
13-19 sfarmbo (checking out 25th)
19-23 Cinderella's slipper FQ
23-1 kylieh (FQ)

October
1-8 MrsDopey (checking in FQ 9/29)
9-14 NYEmomma (FQ)
14-27 OPEN
27-30 WhitGB (FQ)
30-31 OPEN

November
1-13 OPEN
13-21 Avonlady1001 (FQ)
21-27 OPEN
27-Dec 3 savage1 (FQ)

December[/color]
3-11 OPEN
11-17 LuLu_5 (R)
17-31 OPEN

HLAuburn
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd be interested! We are going to be at POR Nov 28-Dec 5. Not sure if the timing would work out, but let me know if we can be a part.

lisam427
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
i would be interested in this swap. i will be at riverside from sept 7-15. icant bring a box on the plane. how large of a box would we need for this? im sure there would an empty box somewhere there at the hotel. let me know. i know i have sample sized/unopened/sealed packets of tide i could donate. im sure there will be other things too. any ideas of what would be needed?

Avonlady1001
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Great! I'll start the list. :)

It's not so much things that are needed, exactly, more just stuff you aren't going to take home w/ you that you think someone else might be able to use. Extra sample sized detergent is an excellent example of this.

You're probably right, Lisa, that the hotel may have a small box for us to use...goodness knows they probably throw away tons...I was thinking shoebox size to start, then getting bigger as it filled up, if need be. :) Just a small box of goodies full of things you may or may not use to keep passing along the magic. :)

If you look at the other PIF threads, they have some things listed of what they've added or used from the boxes. Just seemed like such a nice idea...instead of throwing away that detergent, the next "keeper of the box" may be able to use it, and if not, then the one after that. :yay: Nice to throw in some cute stickers or something to surprise the keeper of the box's kids...just more Disney magic. :)

HLAuburn
08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Does it have to be a box? :confused3 What about a gift bag with handles or a small shopping bag with handle maybe? I guess the problem might be it holding up from person to person, but it would be easy to bring one folded up in a suitcase.

Just a thought...

Avonlady1001
08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't know how nicely they treat things in luggage services-if a bag would hold up LOL...a box would be pretty easy too, if it's flattened out & just laid on top before zipping the luggage shut. :) Then you'd just need some tape (which they lent me once at the front desk) to put it back together. :)

We'll see what the first person wants to do (if this swap gets that far...). We could always start out w/ some kind of bag then upgrade to a box when we get one there.

chyam
08-03-2009, 01:59 PM
How about a small duffle bag, perhaps then the bag could be left at Bell Services, with the next persons name on it. The person starting it could grab a couple of those free luggage tags at the airport and then put the next ones name on it..

DisneyBride'03
08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
count me in...I will be at POFQ Dec 16-21...I am planning on shipping a small Christmas tree....I wont ship it home and wont have room for sure when we return! lol

I will keep the ornaments, so if someone wants a little tree for their stay, all you would have to bring is your items to trim the tree! And I may have coffee/filters left over as well..all I can think of at this point.

I started off the coffee pot swap in mar of 07..(someone handled the thread ) I just left the Mr Coffee:) It lasted a while:)

Avonlady1001
08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Sounds good, Disneybride...I'm sure the swapper after you who may be there over Christmas may love that. :)

lisam427
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
hello everyone,
on the other swaps they have people fill out cards and tape it to the box. i wonder if index cards would work? what do you think? i can always leave the tape and cards in the box for the next person. do u think this would be a good idea.

i plan on hitting my local dollar store for the trip anyway. i wonder if the post office or dollar store might have a box that would be flat in the suitcase but i could just fold into a box when i get to the hotel. if not i'll follow avonlady's suggestion. if i do find a box, i'll let u know. if not we will still have one. i'll just use a shoe box if thats okay with you guys.

i'll look over in the other pif (pop and allstars threads) for pointers on what they have put into their boxes. i'm going to pick up some stuff from the dollar store anyway for my trip. maybe i'll find something extra for the box :).

glad to see that people are interested in this at port orleans. i hope more people sign up.

lisa

nuts4wdw
08-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Hello, I, too, had to cancel on the ASMu PIF and will be staying at POR Dec. 17-25, so I would be interested in taking the box for part of my stay!!!

bizeemom4
08-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Me too. I'll be at POR 11/21-11/29!

Avonlady1001
08-03-2009, 06:57 PM
bizeemom4, the box is available until the 28th, so I put you down until then. You'd have to hand it off the day before you leave, hope that's ok. :)

nuts4wdw, the box is already spoken for your dates...but I've put you down as an alternate. :) Of course, there's no rule against sharing...but that's up to you guys.

lisam427
08-04-2009, 07:01 AM
bumping up!

bizeemom4
08-05-2009, 05:15 AM
bizeemom4, the box is available until the 28th, so I put you down until then. You'd have to hand it off the day before you leave, hope that's ok. :)

nuts4wdw, the box is already spoken for your dates...but I've put you down as an alternate. :) Of course, there's no rule against sharing...but that's up to you guys.

Thanks!

lisam427
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
avon lady the other boards (pif pop and all stars) have a form that each person has to fill out and send to you. i'll copy it and post it. it gives info about the swap (what to donate etc) and what info is needed by the coordinator. i'll copy it and post it in our thread.

lisa

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Sounds good, Lisa. Thanks!! I didn't fill out a form for the PIF at Pop swap. LOL Must be something new. :)

gwtw428
Count me in sista! LOL...You know when I am going...
ps
Avonlady is my sister! LOL...

lisam427
This will be a grab bag type swap and you never know what you are going to get.

• Things you may find or could include: bandaids, dish soap, toiletries, small childrens toys, water bottles, sealed snacks, really any small items you would like to PAY IT FORWARD.
• FOOD - must be sealed and labelled
• Dish Soap, etc and other non-food liquid items - please ensure they are in sealed Ziploc bags so they do not burst and damage other items.
• Tape a card or paper with the next participant’s information on the top of the box. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NAME ON THE BOX.
• Please pack your own tape in case the tape goes missing. If you can leave it, great.
• Please reinforce, fix or replace the box as needed.

If you are interested, please PM me. New names will be added in the order I get the PMs with ALL of this information.

You DIS Screen Name
Your First and Last Name
The First and Last Name on your reservation
Your check in/out dates
Your personal email
Any other information you feel you need to share with the swapper before you (IE Allergies, etc)
Confirmation Number

avonlady would we contact you with the above info?

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
That's great, Lisa. I put all that on the front page. :)

As far as the info goes, you can just exchange that info w/ the swappers before & after you when the time is right. :) I don't need it. As long as you get the info from the swappers you need it from, it should go smoothly. Hopefully, we'll get some more interest in this & fill the gaps so our box won't get lost in storage.

:welcome: gwtw428 :welcome:
I'll put your name next to mine since we're going the same week. LOL We can share the box & both pay forward our leftovers.

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Hello, I, too, had to cancel on the ASMu PIF and will be staying at POR Dec. 17-25, so I would be interested in taking the box for part of my stay!!!

You know what, nuts, if you want the box for the last few days of your stay, I could put you down for that. :) Don't know why I didn't think of it before. LOL

Let me know. :)

disney*mom*82
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I already sent out a PM, so hopefully the right person gets it, but not sure if I needed to do that or post it on here. We are going to be at POR Sept 5-12th, I dont think out whole stay is available, if we can do any of it that would be fine, if not, maybe next time. Just post on here or send me a PM and let me know. Thanks! Im glad to see this going on at POR, I wanted to start something like this on my own awhile ago, but didnt know where to start exactly! Thanks!

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I already sent out a PM, so hopefully the right person gets it, but not sure if I needed to do that or post it on here. We are going to be at POR Sept 5-12th, I dont think out whole stay is available, if we can do any of it that would be fine, if not, maybe next time. Just post on here or send me a PM and let me know. Thanks! Im glad to see this going on at POR, I wanted to start something like this on my own awhile ago, but didnt know where to start exactly! Thanks!

You are more than welcome to our box, disney*mom...the catch would be that you would be first on the list...so you'd be starting the box. It's up to you if you want to take that on...We've got to start somewhere. LOL

Momof3princess
08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
when does this start i am going to be there on August 29th thru the 6th of Sept and i am interested.

Julie

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
when does this start i am going to be there on August 29th thru the 6th of Sept and i am interested.

Julie

It can start with you, if you are willing, Julie. (Unless someone pops in to start it before you get there...) I have no problem bumping the date earlier & earlier, as long as the "first" person on the list is willing to be the first. If you want that to be you, Julie, we'd be happy to have you. :)

Disney*mom is checking in on Sept 5, so if you swap the day before you check out, Julie, it could work.

lisam427
08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
bumping back up

disney*mom*82
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I can do whatever works. I dont want to take someones spot, so if it is taken, dont worry about it, maybe next time, we always stay at POR! Just let me know, I do whatever. Thanks a bunch:thumbsup2

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I put you down for Sept 5-7, Disney*mom...you & lisam427 can work out the overlap, if you want...and what day you want to swap it. I'm all for sharing the box even...take what you think you may need from it, then hand it off to Lisa, then drop off for Lisa anything you want to add to it when you check-out??

I want everyone to be happy. :) And everyone deserves to Pay It Forward...so you guys can arrange it.

If you choose not to be a part of it this time around, just let me know, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. :hippie:

Monica
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd love to be in on this. We are at POR 10/15-10/21. Our last trip we gave Mickey balloons to kids checking in while we were checking out and a mini fridge to another family checking in just because I didn't want to deal with packing it up and left our window clings too. It would be great to pass somethings along and free up luggage space!

disney*mom*82
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I put you down for Sept 5-7, Disney*mom...you & lisam427 can work out the overlap, if you want...and what day you want to swap it. I'm all for sharing the box even...take what you think you may need from it, then hand it off to Lisa, then drop off for Lisa anything you want to add to it when you check-out??

I want everyone to be happy. :) And everyone deserves to Pay It Forward...so you guys can arrange it.

If you choose not to be a part of it this time around, just let me know, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. :hippie:

ok great, we will figure out how and when to pass it on. Thank you. Im sooooo excited, we will be in Disney in 30 days:banana:

Avonlady1001
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
:welcome: Monica :welcome:

lisam427
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
disney mom. i'm not sure if you got my pm. i 'll pm you my check in info and contact info. i dont have a problem sharing the date. just let me know what date you would like the box until. please pm me back and let me know.

thanks lisa

disney*mom*82
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Just giving this a little bump!! Hope to see plenty more jumping on!:cool1:

disney*mom*82
08-08-2009, 01:38 AM
bump:rolleyes1

disney*mom*82
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
:cheer2:

lisam427
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
:hippie: bumping up

lisam427
08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
i picked up some extra spray hand sanitizer that is packaged/sealed that i bought specifically for the box. i am also thinking of adding some of those glow braclets/necklaces people are talking about. i know i'll have at least some packages of tide to throw in there too and other things too. i'm so glad we were able to get this going.

disney*mom*82
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Bump:goodvibes

Ive got a few things in mind to get this thing going. I dont have them packed yet, we just got back from a quick trip to Nashville. By dh bff and his gf won the CMT Can You Duet contest, they are Steel Magnolia, you should check them out, they are great, their first single was released today. OK, now that I have advertised that!! LOL Im just excited for them, they are such great and talented people!

disney*mom*82
08-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Ok Ive got some bandaids, sunblock, laundry det, and a few small things for kids ready to go. Ill have to keep my eyes open for some other things. Im just gonna bring a shoe box to get this started. Im thinking atleast for now that is big enough. I was thinking about adding a small notebook and pens for each person that gets the box to write down their dis name and a small little insert about their trip, maybe some tips or ideas or just a little bit about their trip. What do you guys think?

Avonlady1001
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I love the idea of a little notebook for everyone to write a message in! :) And I think a shoebox is the perfect size to start out with...we can always beg a CM for a bigger box if/when we need it. LOL

I added our swap to my siggy...hoping to spread the word & fill some of our gaps. :)

disney*mom*82
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
ok great, Ill pack a notebook too! Ive told a few ppl about this on another blog that are newer to disboards, hoping to get a few more on board. Im surprised no more have jumped on this really.

Ive got a bag of stuff packed and ready and keeping my eye out for other useful stuff. Only 23 days til we leave and 24 til we get to the happiest place on earth!!!!:banana:

disney*mom*82
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
bump:cheer2:

disney*mom*82
08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
ok I got a little notebook and some pens, snacks, toothbrushes, arm floaties for kids, I cant think of what else I have ready to go.

:cheer2::banana:I cant believe I leave in less that 3 weeks, so crazy:banana::cheer2:

lisam427
08-15-2009, 06:20 PM
disneymom,
thank you for getting the shoe box and the little things to add to the box. bumping up!

lisam427
08-16-2009, 10:49 AM
bumping
:laundy:

tara32
08-16-2009, 02:49 PM
hi there,
We are going to be at POFQ Nov 29-Dec8. I would love to be a part of this!

lisam427
08-16-2009, 06:45 PM
bump

disney*mom*82
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
popcorn::

Avonlady1001
08-18-2009, 07:49 AM
:welcome: tara32 :welcome:

tara32
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome! :lovestruc :cheer2:

I don't know if its still planned to use a shoebox and move on up for this swap. but if you like on my week I can swap out with a duffel bag or tote bag/backpack? Might hold up better and there will be more room to add goodies for the next person?

Just an idea :)

lisam427
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
bump:rotfl:

disney*mom*82
08-21-2009, 10:21 AM
This is kinda a bump but I got a question for those involved so far.

Since Im gonna be the first, would you others rather me use a box or a bag? I feel like the box makes the belongings more secure and dont have to worry about anything getting lost while it has to wait for the next person, yet a bag is more convenient for you to carry around. I dont care which, I can do either. Just let me know what you think.

I leave in 2 weeks!!!:banana:

Avonlady1001
08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
This is kinda a bump but I got a question for those involved so far.

Since Im gonna be the first, would you others rather me use a box or a bag? I feel like the box makes the belongings more secure and dont have to worry about anything getting lost while it has to wait for the next person, yet a bag is more convenient for you to carry around. I dont care which, I can do either. Just let me know what you think.

I leave in 2 weeks!!!:banana:

I vote for box...I have visions of it being piled on top of in storage on some of our longer stretches w/ heavier boxes & things like packets of detergent, or squishy foods like cookies getting obliterated. KWIM? Not too worried about things falling out as long as the bag zips. A bag might also be harder to attach the next person's info on...just a thought.

I don't go for 5 1/2 more weeks, but it's flying by!! Was hoping for some more takers in this swap...where is everyone? LOL The value swaps filled up super fast...

lisam427
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
disneymom- i am so excited for you and actually i am envious as you will be there before me. i cant wait myself. i wish i was there now!! :) i have been planning and looking forward to this trip all year!!

my vote is for a box but if the others feel a bag would be more convienent, that would be fine too!

disney*mom*82
08-21-2009, 03:26 PM
ok, a box it will be then. I dont know why others arent jumpin on this either, I know the pop is a value, but come on, POR is a pretty happening place. hmmm, idk.

lisam427
08-21-2009, 08:50 PM
avonlady, how did u link this thread on to your posts. please let me know.

lisa

disney*mom*82
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
If you just copy the link in her posts, then add it to your signature and type whatever you want about it, that should work. Good idea, I added it to mine!

Avonlady1001
08-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey. :) This is the code for my link. You can cut & paste it right into your siggy.:

[URL="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32997544#post32997544"]Staying at Port Orleans? Join our Pay It Forward Grab Bag Swap! Click Here! Many dates open![/URL

Add a close bracket ] at the end after [/URL so that it works. It's that simple.

You can easily change the wording by typing what you want. Just leave the [URL="http...7554] part alone as that's the actual link people can click to get back here. The rest can all be changed to suit your needs.

To get to your siggy, for anyone who doesn't know yet, click up top where it says "User CP". Along the left hand side you will see all your options. Click "Edit Signature" and you're there. :) Have fun w/ it!!

Then I post everywhere about anything. LOL Get's the word out...I've gotten a lot of responses to the fridge swap...not so much here, but it helps. :)

Avonlady1001
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
:welcome: twoplustwins :welcome:

lisam427
08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
just want to send out a thankyou to avonlady for organizing this and disneymom for starting this. thank you very much ladies.

Avonlady1001
08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Starting it was my pleasure...a HUGE thanks to disneymom for getting the box started!! Can't do it without her.:worship::cheer2::flower3:

lisam427
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
bump!!

disney*mom*82
08-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Aww, thanks guys! Im happy to get it started, Ive got the box sitting right here in my office, pretty much ready to go. Would like to see a few more ppl jump on board for this. I can believe that is 7 days Ill be on the road to Disney World!!! YAY!
:banana::cool1::dance3::cool1::banana:

Avonlady1001
08-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Sorry to see you go, twoplustwins. :sad1:

lisam427
08-30-2009, 05:26 AM
:woohoo: 8 more days!!! cant wait to get there!!

disney*mom*82
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
:yay::banana:5 days:banana::yay:

Avonlady1001
08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
:yay::banana:5 days:banana::yay:

I'm so excited for you! :wizard: (AND SO JEALOUS!! 28 for me! But it is flying by...)

lisam427
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
i am jealous too!!! i wish i was there now!!

Family Loves Disney
09-02-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is because I just woke up and my brain isn't awake yet, but how does this work? Where do you leave the grab bag and how do you receive one?

Avonlady1001
09-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm not sure if this is because I just woke up and my brain isn't awake yet, but how does this work? Where do you leave the grab bag and how do you receive one?

:goodvibes It's pretty simple really. Someone on the Dis decided there should be a grab bag type swap where Disers put their leftover stuff they would throw away that perhaps someone else could use. Items like ponchos, detergent, small kid's toys, crayons & such, non-perishable unopened food items, etc. Then the next person would use whatever out of the box they needed, and leave something else (to pay it forward.)

Swapping is easy. You look at the list to see who is after you (and before). If your dates overlap, you could try to arrange a face-to-face swap and hand off the box. If not, you exchange info (Full name, res #, check-in date, resort (Riverside or French Quarter) & cell # just in case). You would pick up the box at luggage services if you couldn't do a face-to-face. When checking out, you would put the next swapper's info on a card or piece of paper, attach it to the box & leave it w/ luggage services for the next person to pick up. That's the jist of it. :hippie:

There's a Pay-it-foward swap that's been going on at the value resorts for a few months & it's been going great. You can check out one of their threads if you want to read about what they've been finding in their boxes. :) I borrowed their idea after I had to drop out of their swap when I switched to POR.

Let us know if you want to be a part of our Pay It Forward Swap or if you have any other questions. :dance3: There's lots of room. The first page of this thread has the list of swappers & dates. It is up to date.

mickeygaga
09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
This is brilliant! Can I be put down for Oct.29-Non.2 please? Are we going to post what we put in, or just go with the flow?:)

Avonlady1001
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
This is brilliant! Can I be put down for Oct.29-Non.2 please? Are we going to post what we put in, or just go with the flow?:)

:welcome: mickeygaga :welcome:

You can come back & post what you left if you want. You can plan to bring something to leave, or just leave what you end up not using...pretty much going w/ the flow. :)

mickeygaga
09-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I meant Oct.29-Nov.3, I am typing and burping my baby at the same time:rolleyes:

Avonlady1001
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I meant Oct.29-Nov.3, I am typing and burping my baby at the same time:rolleyes:

No problem. :goodvibes How old is your baby? I have an 11mth old. :) He burps himself now. LOL Time goes so fast. :( My oldest is almost 5. :sad1:

mickeygaga
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
She is almost 12 weeks. My oldest is 16:)

lisam427
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
bump:cool1:

lisam427
09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
bumping again.

Avonlady1001
09-05-2009, 07:25 AM
:welcome: toesmom :welcome:

Avonlady1001
09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey, disney*mom*82, belated Welcome Home!! How was your trip?

MomBoyd
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Just want to let you know I added a link to this thread on the PIF at the POP Swap thread. Feel free to add a link to the other PIF Swaps in your thread. Enjoy your trip everyone! :goodvibes

Avonlady1001
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Just want to let you know I added a link to this thread on the PIF at the POP Swap thread. Feel free to add a link to the other PIF Swaps in your thread. Enjoy your trip everyone! :goodvibes

Great idea! I will definitely do that! :) Thanks.

disney*mom*82
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I just got back from POR and got the swap started! I hope someone can find use for the items we put in there and while I wasnt able to meet face to face with lisam427, I did leave the box for her at the check in area and I know she got it. I hope this keeps going and everyone has some fun with it! We had a great trip, no rain, a little hot, but it is Sept in FL! DH says now that we will probably go back in March too! :banana:

lisam427
09-16-2009, 11:23 AM
hi everyone. just got back yesterday. we had a great time. what a beautiful resort. everything was great.

disneymom-glad u had a wonderful time. i defenetly got the box. loved how u decorated it with mickey ears.

avonlady-i left the box for you at concierge just right before i left. all of your information was written on it. you should have no problems.

Avonlady1001
09-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Back so soon, Lisa? That went quick!! :( Glad you had a great time!!

I'll leave a box report when I get back. :) 12 days!! :wizard:

Avonlady1001
09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
:welcome: Vikash :welcome:

Avonlady1001
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Just did my online check-in!! 10 days to go! I'M SO EXCITED!! :banana:

lisam427
09-26-2009, 09:07 AM
avonlady!! i am so excited for you!! dont you have a few more days for your trip. you are going at a great time. you get to go during the food and wine festival ( i think). please give us a trip report when you get back.

Avonlady1001
09-26-2009, 09:20 AM
2 more sleeps & we are there!! I was just making shirts for the kids that say "Surprise!! We are going to Disney World!" Maybe someone at the airport will read it out loud. LOL They have no idea! DD4 knows we're going on a "surprise family secret vacation" but not where. :) Can't wait to see her face. DS is only almost 1...he doesn't know or care. LOL

We're definitely going to F&W MULTIPLE times. LOL I'll give the full report when we get back!!

Avonlady1001
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
:welcome: going2disney :welcome:

Had to remove Monica since I got no response to my PM's requesting her info...I'm assuming she was no longer interested in our little swap. Going2disney stepped in at the right time to fill the spot! :cool1:

One more day! One more day! So much to do & so little time!! AAAAHHHHHH :headache:

lisam427
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
bump

disney*mom*82
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope all is going well with those who have upcomming trips to POR, I wanted to jump on here and see how the pay it forward is going, hope to hear an update soon.

I booked our next trip to POR the other day and I hope that by the time we return there this PIF is going well still. I would like to go ahead and requet the dates March 13-20th 2010. We will be at POR, of course, and Im already keeping an eye out for some neat things to add to it this go around.

Keep me in mind as that those days get posted please, thanks!

lisam427
10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
bump

Avonlady1001
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm back. :( :sad1: So sad. I cried like a baby leaving MK last night. LOL Worse than my 4 y/o DD!!

The box is alive & well. The CM gave it to me when I checked in. I dropped it off this afternoon for our next swapper.

Thanks to whomever left the toothbrushes!! I used one. LOL Forgot to pack DD's brush. LOL

I added: Mickey & Ariel swimmies for the pool, some ponchos, some Disney packaged raisins...can't remember what else. LOL I wrote all about everything the book.

Weather was AMAZING!! Hot...but absolutely NO rain...hence the unused ponchos. LOL Had a great time...already planning 2010. Thinking Nov/Dec. :) Never seen the Christmas decorations.

disney*mom*82
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm back. :( :sad1: So sad. I cried like a baby leaving MK last night. LOL Worse than my 4 y/o DD!!

The box is alive & well. The CM gave it to me when I checked in. I dropped it off this afternoon for our next swapper.

Thanks to whomever left the toothbrushes!! I used one. LOL Forgot to pack DD's brush. LOL

I added: Mickey & Ariel swimmies for the pool, some ponchos, some Disney packaged raisins...can't remember what else. LOL I wrote all about everything the book.

Weather was AMAZING!! Hot...but absolutely NO rain...hence the unused ponchos. LOL Had a great time...already planning 2010. Thinking Nov/Dec. :) Never seen the Christmas decorations.

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good trip to DW and you leave DW about like my DH does! He always ends up crying our last day, but tries to hide it :rotfl: Im glad the box it going good and you found some use for some items. I had some water wings to put in there too but some how they got out of the box and I didnt know until I got home and unpacked! Im already keeping an eye out for items for he next go around. I can wait to get back, about 5 months til we are back at POR!! :banana:

lisam427
10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
glad you both had a great time. also glad to see the swap is going well. i added a small first aid kit, whole box of sealed of peach iced tea packets, and something else (can't remember). thank you ladies for allowing me to be part of the swap. it was awesome getting the box. it just added to the disney magic.

i'd like to go back, just not sure when. i am debating between 2 offers. i just got a pin code for a $500 gift card if go i think sometime in april-may. my daughters birthday is in april. if we go then i'll be able to the birthday promotion for her and the gift card using the pin code.

this last trip i booked the bounceback offer for next year with free dining for the first week in sept (por of course). dd wants to go to culinary school to be a chef. she asked if next year we could possibly make to food and wine festival. i am thinking of changing my reservation to the end of september. over the weekend i have to crunch some numbers and see what would be the better deal. when i do decide when exactly we r going again, i would like to be involved in the swap.

thank you both for starting and organizing this swap!!!! :thanks: you ladies rock!!!

disney*mom*82
10-09-2009, 11:32 PM
glad you both had a great time. also glad to see the swap is going well. i added a small first aid kit, whole box of sealed of peach iced tea packets, and something else (can't remember). thank you ladies for allowing me to be part of the swap. it was awesome getting the box. it just added to the disney magic.

i'd like to go back, just not sure when. i am debating between 2 offers. i just got a pin code for a $500 gift card if go i think sometime in april-may. my daughters birthday is in april. if we go then i'll be able to the birthday promotion for her and the gift card using the pin code.

this last trip i booked the bounceback offer for next year with free dining for the first week in sept (por of course). dd wants to go to culinary school to be a chef. she asked if next year we could possibly make to food and wine festival. i am thinking of changing my reservation to the end of september. over the weekend i have to crunch some numbers and see what would be the better deal. when i do decide when exactly we r going again, i would like to be involved in the swap.

thank you both for starting and organizing this swap!!!! :thanks: you ladies rock!!!

We are booked again for March 13-20th as I have mentioned! I heard recently about the $500 promo and I was wondering all the details. If someone has the time to pass them my way, Ide greatly appreciate it. DH called and they said they could do that for him, but it wasnt offered durring our trip in March, but really May or June would be better for us anyways, then the kids wouldnt have to miss school again for Disney!

I am under the impression that WDW will not be offering the B day free ticket again next year. I see that you may be wanting to take advantage of that, it has now been replaced with give a day get a day at Disney promo. Maybe look into that and you both can get a free day! GL with deciding when to go back!

pixleyyy
10-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I'd love to take Dec. 8-10 if still available!

lisam427
10-10-2009, 07:47 AM
pixleyyy!!!:tinker: welcome to our swap!! glad u joined us.:cheer2:

disneymom-please pm me your e-mail address. i will forward you the pin code/ e-mail i received if you'd like.

Avonlady1001
10-10-2009, 08:11 AM
:welcome: pixleyyy :welcome:

toesmom
10-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Our reservation has changed in November, so we can't take part in the swap.

November 4

Thanks

pixleyyy
10-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh, thanks so much for the welcome ladies! I'm so excited about this. We always take too many "extras" that are just for the parks and I'm excited to leave them for someone else to use.

Can someone tell me whether I need to go down to the desk to see if the package is there or whether it they will notify me that a package has arrived. We're actually arriving earlier so will already be there when it's our turn for the box. Just wanted to be prepared for how it works. :)

Philharmagiclover
10-10-2009, 01:52 PM
We're checking in on Oct 29 and out on Nov 9.....we'd be happy to take any of those dates!

Avonlady1001
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry to see you go, toesmom!

:welcome: Philharmagiclover :welcome: I put you down for Nov 1-9. Since you'll already be there, maybe you'd want to arrange a face-to-face swap w/ Vikash. He's checking out on Oct 31st. Swap info w/ the swapper before & after you asap since it's coming up fast! Have a great trip!

Also, forgot to mention...when I left the box was pretty full. It's currently a shoebox size...if anyone can pack a larger box, we might want to upgrade! :thumbsup2

Philharmagiclover
10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry to see you go, toesmom!

:welcome: Philharmagiclover :welcome: I put you down for Nov 1-9. Since you'll already be there, maybe you'd want to arrange a face-to-face swap w/ Vikash. He's checking out on Oct 31st. Swap info w/ the swapper before & after you asap since it's coming up fast! Have a great trip!

Also, forgot to mention...when I left the box was pretty full. It's currently a shoebox size...if anyone can pack a larger box, we might want to upgrade! :thumbsup2

We are meeting family from Tampa that first weekend. I'll have them bring me a larger box and make the upgrade! I'm already pulling stuff out in my head that I can leave. I'm always looking for more space on the way home :)

Philharmagiclover
10-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I put you down for Nov 1-9. Since you'll already be there, maybe you'd want to arrange a face-to-face swap w/ Vikash. He's checking out on Oct 31st.

Hellooooooo Vikash.....are you out there :confused3 I can't seem to find you on this thread to send you a message :confused3 Drop me a pm and I can get you our details :goodvibes

msticker97
10-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi we are trying to go in either Jan or Feb. I will let you know. This looks really exciting.

msticker97
10-11-2009, 09:07 AM
We are booked again for March 13-20th as I have mentioned! I heard recently about the $500 promo and I was wondering all the details. If someone has the time to pass them my way, Ide greatly appreciate it. DH called and they said they could do that for him, but it wasnt offered durring our trip in March, but really May or June would be better for us anyways, then the kids wouldnt have to miss school again for Disney!

I am under the impression that WDW will not be offering the B day free ticket again next year. I see that you may be wanting to take advantage of that, it has now been replaced with give a day get a day at Disney promo. Maybe look into that and you both can get a free day! GL with deciding when to go back!

How do you all get these promotion offers? Do you have a disney visa? That's the only thing I don't have. We go to Disney 1-3 times a year and I have my email with anything that has to do with disney. I never get any of these promotion cards/deals. Please share your secrets.

disney*mom*82
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
How do you all get these promotion offers? Do you have a disney visa? That's the only thing I don't have. We go to Disney 1-3 times a year and I have my email with anything that has to do with disney. I never get any of these promotion cards/deals. Please share your secrets.

I dont think there is any real secret, some of the times we just use the public deal, like the new one buy 4 get 7. We have gotten a few pins and DH and I were discussing this last night, about the only times we got pins was when we didnt go to Disney every year. We havent gotten on in awhile, but when I called the other day I asked about the $500 gift card and they said I could also use that offer, but it wasnt good for the days we had booked. Sometimes you can call Disney and ask if they have any pins tied to your name. The person I called the other day offered to do that for me and I didnt even think to ask about it. GL.

disney*mom*82
10-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Well I did some number crunching and just in case anyone is in the same boat as I was and trying to decide if the buy 4 get 7 was better than the 500 gift card, for us, the b4g7 is better so we are sticking to that. Here is my figures

10 nights at POR standard view
7 day tickets with no expire
DDP
2 ad, 12 yr, 9yr and 2 yr

b4g7 promo $4260.15 (March 13-23)
$500 promo $4866.37 (May29-June 8)

IDK why I thought the 500 promo might of been better, maybe cause I figured the room rate would have been lower, it is of course, but not enough to make that deal any better.

Anyways, we will be back in March:thumbsup2, and HTH someone else.

lisam427
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
disneymom- thank you for showing us how much the package costs comparing the 4/3 deal to the $500 pin. after looking at your figures im probably not going to use the 500 dollar gift card deal either. if i go the end of sept-stay one week with free dining. it works out much cheeper. my other dilema-do i do disney next year or do i take a cruise for a week for $289 a person-including meals. the cruise is tempting but then we would miss disney. there is a way i could do both too!!! im so up in the air right now!!! :confused3 when you go in march let us know how it is compared to sept. love to read trip reports. you are so lucky!!:woohoo:

msticker97-welcome!!!:dance3: disneymom gave you a lot of good pointers. in order to get the pin codes i registered w/ www.disney.com. other than that i have just looked at the main page of wdwinfo where they show the codes for the public specials and used the codes listed when i booked. there seem to be lots of specials lately.

SnootyBear
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Im popping into this thread so I can find it later.

We are staying at the POFQ April 2-April 11 and Im interested if this is still going on during that time :)

lisam427
10-13-2009, 06:04 PM
bump:happytv:

disney*mom*82
10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
disneymom- thank you for showing us how much the package costs comparing the 4/3 deal to the $500 pin. after looking at your figures im probably not going to use the 500 dollar gift card deal either. if i go the end of sept-stay one week with free dining. it works out much cheeper. my other dilema-do i do disney next year or do i take a cruise for a week for $289 a person-including meals. the cruise is tempting but then we would miss disney. there is a way i could do both too!!! im so up in the air right now!!! :confused3 when you go in march let us know how it is compared to sept. love to read trip reports. you are so lucky!!:woohoo:

msticker97-welcome!!!:dance3: disneymom gave you a lot of good pointers. in order to get the pin codes i registered w/ www.disney.com. other than that i have just looked at the main page of wdwinfo where they show the codes for the public specials and used the codes listed when i booked. there seem to be lots of specials lately.

No problem with the number crunching Lisam. I also got the pin for the percentage off the room rate, but of course it still isnt as good of a deal either. We usually go in March and we always love it then. I keep trying to do a trip report and never do...maybe this time!

equesnel
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi! We'd love to participate too. We will be staying at POFQ from Nov 13-16. We'll also be at Old Key West from Nov 8-13. If the people after us will be at Riverside, do we need to walk the box over there, or will the desk staff take care of that? Thanks! Erica

Avonlady1001
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi! We'd love to participate too. We will be staying at POFQ from Nov 13-16. We'll also be at Old Key West from Nov 8-13. If the people after us will be at Riverside, do we need to walk the box over there, or will the desk staff take care of that? Thanks! Erica

:welcome: equesnel :welcome:

Since Riverside & FQ are part of the same resort, when you drop off the box, as long as you put the correct resort on the label and let them know, they'll take care of it! :) So far so good...everyone's gotten the box no matter which resort they've stayed at. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions...and please PM the swappers b4 and after you to swap info. Thanks!

lisam427
10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
bumping up

equesnel
10-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm very excited to participate. I seem to be to new to PM. Any suggestions?

:welcome: equesnel :welcome:

Since Riverside & FQ are part of the same resort, when you drop off the box, as long as you put the correct resort on the label and let them know, they'll take care of it! :) So far so good...everyone's gotten the box no matter which resort they've stayed at. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions...and please PM the swappers b4 and after you to swap info. Thanks!

Graciesmom77
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
We will be in Disney at the POFq on Jan 3-1oth and would love to be part of the swap if its not to early to sign up. This is a suprise Christmas gift for my girls so we are soooo excited!

Does anyone have any suggestions about things they wish they had while they were there? This sounds so fun and exciting!

Avonlady1001
10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm very excited to participate. I seem to be to new to PM. Any suggestions?

You need 10 posts to PM. :) Feel free to post 8 more posts here to get you there. :) Just write anything & post it. We won't mind. LOL

Avonlady1001
10-25-2009, 02:13 PM
:welcome: Graciesmom77 :welcome:

coccinelle7
10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello... we are going to be in the POR twice in the nexts months...

from november 13th to november 22th

and

from december 24th to january 4th

I'll be please to do the pay it forward swap if it is possible at this dates!

Let me know if there is still place...

Thank you Annie (coccinelle7) from Quebec (passholder)

Avonlady1001
10-25-2009, 09:12 PM

and

from december 24th to january 4th

I'll be please to do the pay it forward swap if it is possible at this dates!

Let me know if there is still place...

Hi, Annie! Most of your dates are available...you are welcome to the box Nov 16-21, and again Dec 25-Jan 3. I put you down for the available dates...let me know if this works for you! If it does:

:welcome: Annie (coccinelle7) from Quebec :welcome:

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
It looks like we'll need to hand off the box to you when we leave. We'll be leaving on Nov 16th. We're staying at POFQ. Erica

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
test
You need 10 posts to PM. :) Feel free to post 8 more posts here to get you there. :) Just write anything & post it. We won't mind. LOL

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:23 PM
test

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
test again

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
another test

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
one more

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
almost to 10!

equesnel
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
thanks for being patient with me. I can now PM!

Avonlady1001
10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
thanks for being patient with me. I can now PM!

:thumbsup2

Avonlady1001
10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Just a reminder to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get all info from the swappers before and after you well in advance of your trip to avoid last minute panic.

While I organized this swap (and others) and keep it going as best I can, I do not ask for all your info for a couple of reasons...1st, I don't have the time or the organizational skills to KEEP all your info...2nd, we are all responsible adults and should be able to contact each other to keep the swap going without a middle woman.

This swap will continue as long as everyone does what is expected of them...simply that they swap info in advance, pick up their box, correctly label the box on checkout & either hand off to the next swapper or drop it at luggage services before you leave. It's that simple...one person drops the ball & this swap is history.

If you can't do those things, please do not commit to being in this swap. It's that simple. There are a lot of people in this swap who really want to participate...rant over.

coccinelle7
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Cool... I will PM the people before and after me! I'm so excited!

Avonlady1001
10-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Cool... I will PM the people before and after me! I'm so excited!

:3dglasses Excellent!!

pixleyyy
10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
PM'ed the person before me and hoping that someone fills the spot directly after me. :)

lisam427
10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
hi pixylee,
dont worry. i was involved in the swap this past september. there was something like a 7-10 day space of between when i left and when the next person signed up for the box got to disney. as long as you im the next person after you for their info. and put it on the box, you shouldnt have any trouble.pixiedust: the cast members at port orleans are excellent.

coccinelle7
10-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry... I'm gone a be at the Riverside (family of 5 so alligator bayou section!) and I want to know where I have to pick up the PIF boxes if the people before me will be in FQ? Thank you Annie

Philharmagiclover
10-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't worry guys, I'll be there tomorrow and I'll see if Vikash picked up the package. If not, I'll grab it and let you know we're still in play!

Avonlady1001
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry... I'm gone a be at the Riverside (family of 5 so alligator bayou section!) and I want to know where I have to pick up the PIF boxes if the people before me will be in FQ? Thank you Annie

When I checked in, the CM went and got it. There was a note in the computer on my res that I had a package. :wizard: It was that simple! POR & FQ are the same resort...so they will bring it to the right side as long as the box is clearly labeled. If they don't give it to you at check-in, just ask about it. They'll tell you where to go. :)

Don't worry guys, I'll be there tomorrow and I'll see if Vikash picked up the package. If not, I'll grab it and let you know we're still in play!

Have a wonderful trip, Freida! Hopefully, he picked it up and all is well. I haven't been contacted by him, so maybe no news is good news. :) Either way, I'm sure the box will be there for you.

equesnel
10-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi Annie! I tried to respond to your PM, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I need more than 10 posts? I don't know. We'll leave the box for you if you send me your name and Res#.

Thanks!
Erica Nutter
Res# 392503272536

nuts4wdw
10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi, there! I'm scheduled to be involved in the PIF at the riverside 12/17-12/25, but my baby has been scheduled to have surgery 12/15. So, I need to cancel my PIF. Anyway, thanks for being understanding.

Avonlady1001
11-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi, there! I'm scheduled to be involved in the PIF at the riverside 12/17-12/25, but my baby has been scheduled to have surgery 12/15. So, I need to cancel my PIF. Anyway, thanks for being understanding.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby's surgery. Hope it's nothing too serious. :love: I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you & your family! :grouphug:

coccinelle7
11-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I PM (about 2 weeks ago on october 26th) the 4 persons that are supposed to be before and after me in my 2 next trip to POR but I only received 1 answer (thanks Equesnel)... I'm leaving on Thursday nov. 12th (because plane is early on november 13th) what do I have to do if the persons right after me in November didn't gave me an answer before I leave?!|?!?!
Thank you very much to help me with that!

Annie

Avonlady1001
11-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I PM (about 2 weeks ago on october 26th) the 4 persons that are supposed to be before and after me in my 2 next trip to POR but I only received 1 answer (thanks Equesnel)... I'm leaving on Thursday nov. 12th (because plane is early on november 13th) what do I have to do if the persons right after me in November didn't gave me an answer before I leave?!|?!?!
Thank you very much to help me with that!

Annie

I would suggest PM'ing the swappers after you again. I have also sent a PM to the next few swappers reminding them that it's time to make contact. If you don't hear from the next swapper in a day or two, let me know & we'll take it from there.

pixleyyy
11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
PM'ed Disney Bride, who is after me, but she is no longer able to participate. So I have the box until Dec. 10 but don't have anyone to leave it for until Dec. 25.

Avonlady1001
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
PM'ed Disney Bride, who is after me, but she is no longer able to participate. So I have the box until Dec. 10 but don't have anyone to leave it for until Dec. 25.

DisneyBride PM'd me...I thought she was just changing her dates...waiting to hear back from her before I remove her completely.

If she is out, that's ok...just PM the next person. There's still time to fill the spot...if someone comes onboard, we'll just add them in & exchange info. :) No worries.

Avonlady1001
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Haven't heard anything from anyone...so I hope that no news is good news & our box is going strong! :)

lisam427
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
bump

Graciesmom77
11-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Sadly due tu my husbands work schedule, we had to cancel our trip to Disney in January, so we will not be able to participate in the swap as planned. Thanks

equesnel
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry to report that the box isn't happening anymore. We were there Nov 13-16 and couldn't find the box. I called Frieda (who was there before us) and she said the family before her didn't leave the box or they didn't know who to leave it for. So, there's nothing there anymore. Sorry! We had a wonderful trip anyway. Port Orleans is a great place. Erica

Haven't heard anything from anyone...so I hope that no news is good news & our box is going strong! :)

pixleyyy
11-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry to report that the box isn't happening anymore. We were there Nov 13-16 and couldn't find the box. I called Frieda (who was there before us) and she said the family before her didn't leave the box or they didn't know who to leave it for. So, there's nothing there anymore. Sorry! We had a wonderful trip anyway. Port Orleans is a great place. Erica

Bummer!

Avonlady1001
11-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, it was fun while it lasted!! Thanks to everyone who contributed!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :lovestruc

tara32
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
That's too bad! :(

coccinelle7
11-29-2009, 09:00 AM
TARA you will got the box don't worry I put A BIG SHEET with your name printed on it and your confirmation number on the top of the box for you!!!

When I was in POR from nov. 13th to nov. 22th I didn't have access to internet and DIDN'T know that the box was lost... So I went back THREE TIMES to get the box... for a total of near 2 hours spend in the lobby waiting for the box!

On nov. 16th in the evening I went to the lobby for the first time and they said NO there is no box under your name...

On nov. 17th in the evening I went back to the concierge desk at 9h50pm and they said that there is no box again... but because I knew that equesnel left it on nov. 16th I ask them to LOOK everywhere.... at 10 pm the concierge desk closed but the front desk continue to search until 11h05 when I decide to go to sleep... because it was more than 1h15 min that I spend on that!!! But I didn,t want to be the one that ENDS the pay it forward swap.

On nov. 19th I went back to the concierge desk and explain to the women over there that it is very important to get this box. She let me call to the cell of Equesnel (I didn,t have cell phone) because she wanted to have a DESCRIPTION of the box to find it but she wasn't there (but equesnel let me a message on nov. 20th). But because I was insistant (i don,t know the word in english) I stay at the concierge desk and said that it is very important to find this box and I won,t go back to my room without it... the women start asking other people in the front desk and the concierge desk about this box. AND HOPEFULLY someone named NANCY at the concierge desk KNEW about a ''pay it forward swap box'' that use to be there since months and she find it in the back of the front desk BUT NO NAMES was on the top... only a WHITE little piece of paper!!!

She gave me this box, even if my name was'nt on the top and ASKED me a LOT of question about this box... and what was inside... I said: I don,t know what is inside and How this pay it forward swap box started but I know that it is from this website and it is thing that can be usefull for someone else when we leave that we put inside!!! She was happy to know a little little bit more about this box...

I put the name of Tara (the full name) and the confirmation number of here and the date that she was supposed to stay there and leave it at the front desk on nov. 22th... Hope that she will get it...

Sorry about the delay before I came on this forum to tell you that... it is because you didn,t know how was my return week here at work!!! Hawfull! Full of work to do... much more than I thank because my manager is sick and cannot work anymore for MONTHS!

Annie

Avonlady1001
11-29-2009, 10:14 AM
TARA you will got the box don't worry I put A BIG SHEET with your name printed on it and your confirmation number on the top of the box for you!!!

When I was in POR from nov. 13th to nov. 22th I didn't have access to internet and DIDN'T know that the box was lost... So I went back THREE TIMES to get the box... for a total of near 2 hours spend in the lobby waiting for the box!

On nov. 16th in the evening I went to the lobby for the first time and they said NO there is no box under your name...

On nov. 17th in the evening I went back to the concierge desk at 9h50pm and they said that there is no box again... but because I knew that equesnel left it on nov. 16th I ask them to LOOK everywhere.... at 10 pm the concierge desk closed but the front desk continue to search until 11h05 when I decide to go to sleep... because it was more than 1h15 min that I spend on that!!! But I didn,t want to be the one that ENDS the pay it forward swap.

On nov. 19th I went back to the concierge desk and explain to the women over there that it is very important to get this box. She let me call to the cell of Equesnel (I didn,t have cell phone) because she wanted to have a DESCRIPTION of the box to find it but she wasn't there (but equesnel let me a message on nov. 20th). But because I was insistant (i don,t know the word in english) I stay at the concierge desk and said that it is very important to find this box and I won,t go back to my room without it... the women start asking other people in the front desk and the concierge desk about this box. AND HOPEFULLY someone named NANCY at the concierge desk KNEW about a ''pay it forward swap box'' that use to be there since months and she find it in the back of the front desk BUT NO NAMES was on the top... only a WHITE little piece of paper!!!

She gave me this box, even if my name was'nt on the top and ASKED me a LOT of question about this box... and what was inside... I said: I don,t know what is inside and How this pay it forward swap box started but I know that it is from this website and it is thing that can be usefull for someone else when we leave that we put inside!!! She was happy to know a little little bit more about this box...

I put the name of Tara (the full name) and the confirmation number of here and the date that she was supposed to stay there and leave it at the front desk on nov. 22th... Hope that she will get it...

Sorry about the delay before I came on this forum to tell you that... it is because you didn,t know how was my return week here at work!!! Hawfull! Full of work to do... much more than I thank because my manager is sick and cannot work anymore for MONTHS!

Annie

Thanks for letting us know we still have a swap!!!! I thought we were done. :) Let us know, Tara, what happens!! Thanks! :love:

pixleyyy
11-29-2009, 12:07 PM
How exciting! Now I need to hurry and get info for the person after me, as I leave in a few days. Off to do that...

tara32
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I got the box!! Had to pay for internet access as I never brought pixxey's info as I thought the swap was dead. Now I have her info and will ready the box..
Thanks

Avonlady1001
12-03-2009, 09:57 AM
I got the box!! Had to pay for internet access as I never brought pixxey's info as I thought the swap was dead. Now I have her info and will ready the box..
Thanks

Yeah!! That's great news! Glad it turned up. :)

coccinelle7
12-15-2009, 06:36 AM
HEllo....

Graciemom77 canceled her january trip like she wrote in the post number 149 (november 19th) but she is still in the first post?!?!? There is only one person in march: 13-20 disney*mom*82 Do I leave the box there on january 4th with the name of disney*mom*82 for her arrival in MARCH?!?! Thank you

I will be there from december 24th to january 4th!

Annie or Coccinelle7

Avonlady1001
12-15-2009, 07:05 AM
HEllo....

Graciemom77 canceled her january trip like she wrote in the post number 149 (november 19th) but she is still in the first post?!?!? There is only one person in march: 13-20 disney*mom*82 Do I leave the box there on january 4th with the name of disney*mom*82 for her arrival in MARCH?!?! Thank you

I will be there from december 24th to january 4th!

Annie or Coccinelle7

Sorry about that Annie....I must've missed her post. I would put Disney*mom's info on the box and hopefully WHEN we fill some dates in between, we'll just have them pick it up under her name...this way (in the off chance) we don't fill the dates, it'll still be there for her, hopefully.

pixleyyy
12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I returned last week and did not receive the box when I was there. In truth, I totally forgot about it and didn't ask for it either. It could be because I was switched resorts and ended up at CSR instead. Maybe it's still waiting at POR?

Avonlady1001
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I returned last week and did not receive the box when I was there. In truth, I totally forgot about it and didn't ask for it either. It could be because I was switched resorts and ended up at CSR instead. Maybe it's still waiting at POR?

Should still be there then...hopefully the person after you has your info & can tell them to look for it under your name.

tara32
12-17-2009, 08:56 PM
I put pixxley's name big bright and bold along with her reservation number. I also put her dates though. I hope it doesn't get thrown out. It should def be at POR.

disney*mom*82
12-17-2009, 09:41 PM
well looks like this swap is still going on so far! Is it still in the shoe box with the colorful mickeys all over it? That is the way my DD9 decided to decorate it. I think it would be good to let everyone know what the box looks like so when ppl go to look for it they can give them a description.

We will still be there in March and I hope to be able to get the box back again. I was the first to go in Sept and Im glad some have been able to use this over the months. Ill check back later on this.

coccinelle7
12-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Disney*mom*82 could you please PM me your info... because there is nobody for now between january 4th and march!?!?!? so I will put your info on the box... I will be waiting for your PM

Ptrleblanc
12-18-2009, 11:00 AM
My family and my sister's family are going to POR - Riverside from Jan 23 - 31, 2010.

This is my first visit to anything Disney, and this board has been an addiction!

We'd appreciate being part of the PIF at POR, and promise to comply well with the spirit of the box and be active in the logistics of receiving and passing on the box.

Peter

coccinelle7
12-18-2009, 12:21 PM
PTRLEBLANC...

Hello, I will be there before you, so if you want to send me a private message with you full name (the name on the reservation) and your confirmation nummber and if you will be staying at the Riverside or the French Quarter... thank you!

Annie

Ptrleblanc
12-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi Coccinelle7/ Thanks, I will drop you a line in a few days. The funny thing is we are also from Canada, hailing from Vancouver area. Peter

coccinelle7
12-20-2009, 09:07 PM
sorry I got my pm

Ptrleblanc
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Glad you got the pm. Good luck with the packing and preparing!
Peter

Avonlady1001
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
:welcome: PTRLEBLANC :welcome:

Sorry, guys...I don't know why I'm not getting all the messages in my email. Supposed to get instant emails when someone posts...I'll have to keep revisiting the thread. If you don't hear from me quickly after you post here, please send me a PM...those I get in my emails. :)

Have a wonderful time, coccinelle7!!!!

lisam427
12-22-2009, 09:47 AM
i am so glad u guys found the box!!! this is good news!!!

lisam427
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
bumping up

SnootyBear
12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
We are going April 2-10th can I get added to this PIF in case it is still going :)

sjerrott
01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
We'll be there from February 6th - 9th. I'd love to participate and could bring lots of single use laundry detergents to add.

Susan

Avonlady1001
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
:welcome: sjerrott & SnootyBear :welcome:

I've put you both down. Please make sure to swap info w/ the swappers before AND after you! Thanks!! Great to have you both aboard!

Ptrleblanc
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I am bumping up since - we leave in nine days are are looking forward to the box. We've been in touch with the "next" guest, but just wanted to give a chance to any visitors who might fit in between us!

Avonlady1001
01-16-2010, 07:03 AM
:welcome: CEC's Mom :welcome:

irishone21
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi! We are going to POFQ for our first family DW vacation :banana: We will be there from Feb.14-21. I'd love to participate- sounds fun! Thanks.

Chris

scrapbooksellman
01-17-2010, 10:31 AM
would love to be part of the swap! We are staying at POFQ feb 23-March 1. Are these dates available? I am a newbie at swaps so please advise

Sandy :)

Avonlady1001
01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
:welcome: irishone21 & scrapbooksellman :welcome:

So glad you could join us! Please exchange info w/ the swappers before & after you. Include full, dates, res#, resort (POR or FQ), cell # and anything else you want the person to know...

sjerrott
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Irishone21,

Looking forward to hearing from you - I'm the person directly before you! I'll be sure to leave you the box!

Susan

cdnmomof2
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
May I join in for Feb 9-14? We are staying at POR. I know I have several shampoo & makeup type samples I could add.

Thanks!

Ptrleblanc
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Folks,

Our family is the next one up on the box. I'd been in touch with the previous guest, and they had our details before they went on their trip.

Since then, I've not heard back from a few PMs and emails. I'll go with the assumption all is well with the box, but will send a reply when we get back if something has gone missing!

Peter

irishone21
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Have a great trip!

Avonlady1001
01-21-2010, 07:08 AM
May I join in for Feb 9-14? We are staying at POR. I know I have several shampoo & makeup type samples I could add.

Thanks!

:welcome: cdnmomof2 :welcome:

Please contact the swappers before & after you to exchange info asap. Thanks & have a great trip!!

cdnmomof2
01-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I appreciate the warm welcome. My kids are looking forward to seeing the "treasure box" and adding their own goodies.:banana:

irishone21
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Any word on the box?

Ptrleblanc
02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Any word on the box?

Hi all! So, I stopped by the front desk 2-3 times and asked for the box at POR. And then walked over to POFQ and asked for the box.

We weren't able to locate it. I still have not heard from the family before ours, so not sure what happened to it.

That said, I got another cardboard box from a store at Downtown Disney and started to load it up with a few of our items from our trip. But the wife, who has a better nose than me, that the box smelled liked baby powder (it came from the bath products store at DTD).

So, I got a different box from Fulton's General Store (broken down) and borrowed some tape and scissors from the front desk and started a new box.

There ain't much in it. Here is what I remember I put in it.

- 2 ponchos decorated with stylish canadian maple leafs
- 1 glass coffee cup accidentally taken from a coffee shop at Londsdale Square in North Vancouver, BC
- 1 packet of coffee filters (we brought good coffee from Vancouver, Ethical Bean)
- 1 beer (a wheat beer with lime)
- 1 packet of glow sticks from a dollar store. Not all the ones we used lit up!
- 1 set of touring plans from the Unofficial guide for WDW plus Universal from the back of the book
- A bunch of plastic shopping bags from our trip to Walmart for snacks
- A collection of unopened snacks

There's room in the box for more stuff, I hope that you are able to use some of the items we left, and add more to it. And maybe the first box'll turn up and they can be combined.

I left it for the next guest at the POR check in desk. They took the person's reservation number and name and put a note into their record, but just to be safe, ask for it too.

Mrs D
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi there,
I'd love to join this PIF swap. I'll be at POFQ from Oct. 1 - 5.

I'll PM my details.

I thought I'd also mention that with the PIF swap at Pop we always pick up and return the box to luggage services *not* the front desk. I assume it would be the same for PO.

Avonlady1001
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi there,
I'd love to join this PIF swap. I'll be at POFQ from Oct. 1 - 5.

I'll PM my details.

I thought I'd also mention that with the PIF swap at Pop we always pick up and return the box to luggage services *not* the front desk. I assume it would be the same for PO.

:welcome: Mrs D :welcome:

I would hope the box is being left at luggage services. However, when I was there, they gave it to me when I checked in at the desk. So into LS, out of check in. LOL

Hi all! So, I stopped by the front desk 2-3 times and asked for the box at POR. And then walked over to POFQ and asked for the box.

We weren't able to locate it. I still have not heard from the family before ours, so not sure what happened to it.

That said, I got another cardboard box from a store at Downtown Disney and started to load it up with a few of our items from our trip. But the wife, who has a better nose than me, that the box smelled liked baby powder (it came from the bath products store at DTD).

So, I got a different box from Fulton's General Store (broken down) and borrowed some tape and scissors from the front desk and started a new box.

There ain't much in it. Here is what I remember I put in it.

- 2 ponchos decorated with stylish canadian maple leafs
- 1 glass coffee cup accidentally taken from a coffee shop at Londsdale Square in North Vancouver, BC
- 1 packet of coffee filters (we brought good coffee from Vancouver, Ethical Bean)
- 1 beer (a wheat beer with lime)
- 1 packet of glow sticks from a dollar store. Not all the ones we used lit up!
- 1 set of touring plans from the Unofficial guide for WDW plus Universal from the back of the book
- A bunch of plastic shopping bags from our trip to Walmart for snacks
- A collection of unopened snacks

There's room in the box for more stuff, I hope that you are able to use some of the items we left, and add more to it. And maybe the first box'll turn up and they can be combined.

I left it for the next guest at the POR check in desk. They took the person's reservation number and name and put a note into their record, but just to be safe, ask for it too.

Thanks for starting up a new one, Peter!! That's very much appreciated! I'm sure lots will get added! :) The beer made me laugh! :lmao: Not sure why!

If the old one turns up, I hope they will get combined.

I hope you had a great time!!!

Ptrleblanc
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Luggage services, eh? I did not notice such a place! Maybe it's there. Where was the luggage services at Riverside?

Avonlady1001
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Luggage services, eh? I did not notice such a place! Maybe it's there. Where was the luggage services at Riverside?

LOL I'm sure it's fine, Peter! The box is small enough...if they accepted it at the desk, they put it where it needs to be. No worries!

For future, though, or in case anyone else needs to know, the drop off for luggage services (at Riverside - not sure about FQ) is right outside the main doors.

sjerrott
02-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Peter,

Sounds wonderful - I will add what I can to the box as well and leave it for Cathy who comes after me.

Thanks Peter for going above and beyond.

Susan:worship:

LisaNJ25
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I would love t0 join. This looks like fun.

I will be at POR from 8/16-8/24.

roadtrippin2wdw
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
What a fun thing to look forward to! May I join? We'll be staying at POFQ 9/19 - 9/25.

This looks so neat, this is my 1st post! :woohoo:

Avonlady1001
02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
:welcome: SOnotLayuh :welcome:
:welcome: LisaNJ25 :welcome:

I've added you both to the list! Please swap your info w/ the swappers before & after you. Thanks!

WELCOME to the DIS roadtrippin2wdw!! The dates you're asking for are taken right now (by me), but I've put you down as an alternate for now! Thanks!

cdnmomof2
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
We are packed & ready to travel.:cool1:
I think I'm more excited than the kids!

LisaNJ25
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
:welcome: SOnotLayuh :welcome:
:welcome: LisaNJ25 :welcome:

I've added you both to the list! Please swap your info w/ the swappers before & after you. Thanks!

WELCOME to the DIS roadtrippin2wdw!! The dates you're asking for are taken right now (by me), but I've put you down as an alternate for now! Thanks!

Thank you for that great welcome :)

sjerrott
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Got the box at the front desk no problem! Left it today for the next person - the front desk said to leave it there with them and put a note on the file. It was fun and exciting to get the box - we added some laundry detergent for dark wash, some body wash and some antibacterial cream.

Enjoy!!!

Susan

disney*mom*82
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I was hoping someone could describe what the box looks like so if the CMs cant find it under your name, you could describe it. When I started it, it wa a green shoe box with mickey heads glued to it. Is it the same? If not what does it look like now. We leave in 4 weeks and 2 days, cant wait!!

Mommy2ArmyBrat
02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
We would love to join the swap for June 24 to July1st. :goodvibes

Avonlady1001
02-11-2010, 09:09 AM
:welcome: Mommy2ArmyBrat :welcome:

Thanks for the good news & the additions, sjerrott!!

Great idea, disney*mom*82!! Anyone have a description or pic of the box? It could be helpful!

disney*mom*82
02-14-2010, 08:22 PM
bump:cheer2:

platamama
02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
We're planning on being at POR from 5/22 - 5/29 this year and would like to be part of the PIF swap. It's my first time back to WDW for 12 years and will be the first time staying onsite, and I'm really excited.:yay:

This is similar to the fish extender gift exchange we did on DCL last year, but much simpler. I love finding out about special things like this on these boards!

cdnmomof2
02-18-2010, 12:04 AM
:welcome: Mommy2ArmyBrat :welcome:

Thanks for the good news & the additions, sjerrott!!

Great idea, disney*mom*82!! Anyone have a description or pic of the box? It could be helpful!

:thumbsup2

We just got back from our Disney trip & had a ball. We passed the box onto the next family in line and left it with Luggage Services, having their assurance the box would reach its intended destination.

This box is recently new again, I believe. I think we were the 2nd or 3rd family to receive it. Physically, it is a brown cardboard box about 12" x 12" by 8" tall. It's considerably larger than a shoebox. It is NOT decorated. Pretty plain indeed.

It had some good maps in it, a coffee mug, some laundry detergent, hand sanitizer, a beer, some hot chocolate and a few other things I can't recall.

We added a number of makeup & lotion samples, shampoo, hand wipes. A bunch of drink boxes, some bottles of water, bandaids, 2 adult ponchos etc.

I think I left my tape with it, or at least I meant to.
Fun to participate. My kids were excited there was a box waiting for us upon arrival.

Hope it stays on & others get to enjoy.
Cheers!:)

Avonlady1001
02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
:welcome: platamama :welcome:

When the time comes, just swap your info w/ the swappers before & after you. :)

Thanks, cdnmomof2!! Glad it went well & thanks for the description of the box!!

If anyone wants to add some personal touches to the outside, you are more than welcome! Just report back with what you did so the swappers know what the box looks like. :lovestruc

Mommy2ArmyBrat
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
We have decided to move to POP since the trip head count keeps growing. :banana: Thanks for letting me join but please take me off the Port Orleans Pay It Forward List. :)

Avonlady1001
02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
We have decided to move to POP since the trip head count keeps growing. :banana: Thanks for letting me join but please take me off the Port Orleans Pay It Forward List. :)

Not a problem!! Pop is great! Have a great trip!! :) There's a PIF at the POP if you'd be interested. There's a link to the other PIF swaps in the first post on this thread!

Avonlady1001
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
:welcome: wife&mom3 :welcome:

wife&mom3
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi this is my first trip to WDW and im so happy I found this!! It sound so fun.

irishone21
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
We just got back tonite from POFQ....had a wonderful trip. The weather was a little chilly but didn't ruin anything for us! We arrived last Sunday and the box was delivered to my room with our luggage. It WAS a plain brown box, but my son decorated it with DVC stickers they give out in the lobby area. We did use one or two things in the box...it wa exciting to get it! I'm not going to tell what I left....better to be surprised....BUT I would make a suggestion to someone who is getting the box soon.....a great thing to put in would be a roll of packing tape and a Sharpie to make a label for it.

I really enjoyed participating in the swap...hope everyone has fun!
Thanks!

Chris :thumbsup2

disney*mom*82
02-25-2010, 04:57 PM
We leave for POR in 2 weeks and 1 day:yay::banana:
Ill also try and pack some tape and something for labels. I had this in the orig box, guess it got lost.

Avonlady1001
02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
We leave for POR in 2 weeks and 1 day:yay::banana:
Ill also try and pack some tape and something for labels. I had this in the orig box, guess it got lost.

The original box got lost. :( But one of our swappers was kind enough to start a new one! Have a GREAT trip!! I'm so jealous...planning for Sept again. Seems SO long away!!

Avonlady1001
02-25-2010, 06:15 PM
We just got back tonite from POFQ....had a wonderful trip. The weather was a little chilly but didn't ruin anything for us! We arrived last Sunday and the box was delivered to my room with our luggage. It WAS a plain brown box, but my son decorated it with DVC stickers they give out in the lobby area. We did use one or two things in the box...it wa exciting to get it! I'm not going to tell what I left....better to be surprised....BUT I would make a suggestion to someone who is getting the box soon.....a great thing to put in would be a roll of packing tape and a Sharpie to make a label for it.

I really enjoyed participating in the swap...hope everyone has fun!
Thanks!

Chris :thumbsup2

So glad you had a good time, Chris! Thank your son for decorating the box for us!! I'll be it looks great now!:thumbsup2 Thanks for the update, also!!

scrapbooksellman
03-03-2010, 03:46 PM
We just returned from our magical POFQ trip.

Thanks for the great box! :thumbsup2 My son was very happy to look inside, my hubby couldn't understand how it worked! We enjoyed items from the box and left MANY more inside it. Just a heads up to the next people- there are lots of oatmeals and water flavoring packets in the box. :woohoo:
Enjoy!

Sandy

nuts4wdw
03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi, I was wondering if I could get in on this. I had signed up for this earlier, but due to health problems with my youngest son had to cancel. So, our new dates are 5/29-6/6 at POR Riverside and I would love to join in. Thank you!!!!

MamaJessie
03-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I know I've got a long time to go but we're going to POR Dec 4th - 12th and I'd like to sign up. Thanks :)

disney*mom*82
03-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Im glad you had a great trip! We are the next ones to get the box. The kids cant wait to see the goodies left in the box and to leave our goodies for the next people. 9 days til we are leaving!!

We just returned from our magical POFQ trip.

Thanks for the great box! :thumbsup2 My son was very happy to look inside, my hubby couldn't understand how it worked! We enjoyed items from the box and left MANY more inside it. Just a heads up to the next people- there are lots of oatmeals and water flavoring packets in the box. :woohoo:
Enjoy!

Sandy

Avonlady1001
03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
:welcome: back nuts4wdw!! I hope your son is doing well & fully recovered! :love:

and :welcome: MamaJessie :welcome:

Avonlady1001
03-20-2010, 03:46 PM
:welcome: pulphero :welcome:

disney*mom*82
03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
When we checked into POR I went to get the box at LC and they didnt find it, also checked with front desk, they too couldnt find it. Waited a day and went to POFQ, they couldnt find it either. I checked both places half way through the trip and our last day, neither could find it. I started a new box with some items I had set back to add to the box, took it to LC and I also have the reciept for it. May I suggest that in the future people get a rciept from LC and get those numbers to the next person in line, so they should be able to track the box easily. I left a note to the next person with all my info so they may ask for the other box under my name too, in the case that it shows back up. I think these longer gaps in between people is making the box hard to keep a hold of.

Avonlady1001
03-22-2010, 04:04 PM
When we checked into POR I went to get the box at LC and they didnt find it, also checked with front desk, they too couldnt find it. Waited a day and went to POFQ, they couldnt find it either. I checked both places half way through the trip and our last day, neither could find it. I started a new box with some items I had set back to add to the box, took it to LC and I also have the reciept for it. May I suggest that in the future people get a rciept from LC and get those numbers to the next person in line, so they should be able to track the box easily. I left a note to the next person with all my info so they may ask for the other box under my name too, in the case that it shows back up. I think these longer gaps in between people is making the box hard to keep a hold of.

Welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful trip!!! :)

That was very sweet of you to start another box. LOL This is our 3rd. :) Keeps it fresh, at least.

I think you're right about the gaps...but there's not much we can do about them, unfortunately. Good idea about the receipts, only problem is sometimes they are unwilling to give them, but definitely a good idea to ask!!

NHWX
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
We'll be at PO Riverside next week. If no one else is hosting the box, we'll be happy to keep it safe. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl.gif

NHWX

Avonlady1001
04-01-2010, 06:38 AM
We'll be at PO Riverside next week. If no one else is hosting the box, we'll be happy to keep it safe. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl.gif

NHWX

Sounds good to me! :) Please contact disney*mom*82 and SnootyBear to get/swap the info, and just let me know your dates so I can put you on the list. Enjoy the box or boxes if the other one turns up! Have a great trip!

MamaJessie
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
When we checked into POR I went to get the box at LC and they didnt find it, also checked with front desk, they too couldnt find it. Waited a day and went to POFQ, they couldnt find it either. I checked both places half way through the trip and our last day, neither could find it. I started a new box with some items I had set back to add to the box, took it to LC and I also have the reciept for it. May I suggest that in the future people get a rciept from LC and get those numbers to the next person in line, so they should be able to track the box easily.

What is LC? :confused3

Avonlady1001
04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
What is LC? :confused3

Luggage Counter?

100acrewoodsfan
04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I would love to join the pay it forward group. We will be at POR May 4-9. I know we will overlap on the 8th with the next group but we are always happys to meet another disser. Now I won't feel so bad for having left over snacks from the garden grocer. Thanks for organizing this!

100acrewoodsfan
04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
It's insane but I somehow forgot we were going in September as well. Can you please add us for Sept 17-25 as well. If someone else ends up wanting those dates I can share since we are going twice. Thanks

Never mind I just realized that I read the dates wrong and Sept is already taken I thought it said the whole month was open. If I am reading it wrong still and those dates are open I would love them.

Avonlady1001
04-03-2010, 08:02 AM
It's insane but I somehow forgot we were going in September as well. Can you please add us for Sept 17-25 as well. If someone else ends up wanting those dates I can share since we are going twice. Thanks

Never mind I just realized that I read the dates wrong and Sept is already taken I thought it said the whole month was open. If I am reading it wrong still and those dates are open I would love them.

:welcome: 100acrewoodsfan :welcome:
Put you down for your May dates. :)

I have your Sept dates but I'm happy to share the box. We'll work it out, if you want. :)

angelbaby129
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm going to be at Port Orleans checking in on April 30th checking out May 2nd. I'd love to sign up, but I'm not quite sure how this works. What kinds of things can I put in it?

Avonlady1001
04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm going to be at Port Orleans checking in on April 30th checking out May 2nd. I'd love to sign up, but I'm not quite sure how this works. What kinds of things can I put in it?

:welcome: angelbaby129 :welcome: You can put in anything that fits, really, as long as it's non-perishable. Some examples of things that might be in there are ponchos, individual water flavoring packets, unopened snacks, unopened little packs of tylenol, etc. Basically if it's unopened, unused & won't rot or spoil, fits in the box, & you think someone will use it, it's good!
My husband was so excited to find tampons in there when we had the box. :rotfl2:

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

angelbaby129
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
How do I get it? I just go to the counter where you check in and say I'm there for it? What exactly do I need to say? How do I know where it goes when I leave? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just really new to this.

100acrewoodsfan
04-07-2010, 11:17 PM
How do I get it? I just go to the counter where you check in and say I'm there for it? What exactly do I need to say? How do I know where it goes when I leave? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just really new to this.

Don't worry we all have lots of questions that's why these boards exist. When you arrive you can go to the luggage check which is right outside of the lobby. Ask them for the box and give them your info. At the moment CEC's Mom is the person before you so PM her your information and she will put the info on the box when she leaves. The box will be labeled with your name and ressie number on it.

When you leave you will add the information for the next person in line which happens to be me. I have already PM'd you my info so you can attach a piece of paper with the info on it to the box. Turn it into luggage services when you check out. Please also send me your info in case we have a problem I can call you. Let us know if you have anymore questions. Glad to have you on board!

Avonlady1001
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks, 100acrewoodsfan! You beat me to it! Hope that answered your questions, angelbaby!

Just a side note, when I checked in last time, the CM had me wait a second & she went to get the box. There must've been a note on the reservation that there was a package for me! Couldn't have been easier! :)

We put the next person's info on it & left it w/ luggage services.

Nandid
04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
New to DIS, but been to DisneyWorld a ton of times. I am really interested in this swap. Will be at Port Orleans Riverside checking in Sept 12 out Sept
19th. We always have so much stuff left after our trips and its silly to take it all home would be great to be able to pass it on to someone else. Put me down if those dates are available.

Avonlady1001
04-16-2010, 07:17 AM
New to DIS, but been to DisneyWorld a ton of times. I am really interested in this swap. Will be at Port Orleans Riverside checking in Sept 12 out Sept
19th. We always have so much stuff left after our trips and its silly to take it all home would be great to be able to pass it on to someone else. Put me down if those dates are available.

:welcome: Nandid :welcome:

Put you down for your dates! When we get a little closer, exchange info w/ the swappers before & after you. I'm checking in the 19th, so if the timing is right, we can swap the box in person. :)

The box is a lot of fun! Glad you are joining us!

summerlady
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Just found this thread today and it sounds like fun! I'd love to participate...we'll be at POFQ on November 29, checking out on December 4. I'm slightly confused but I'll figure it out. :cool1: ( I hope it's ok that I added the link to my signature)

kaweb
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
We'll be at French Quarter Oct. 18-25, if we can get in on the swap! I'd be thrilled to leave stuff for someone who can use it :goodvibes

Kendra in MN

Avonlady1001
04-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey all!!

:welcome: summerlady, kaweb, & 3girlsfun :welcome:

summerlady
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Hey all!!

:welcome: summerlady, kaweb, & 3girlsfun :welcome:

Thank you! :flower3:

100acrewoodsfan
04-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I am shipping ahead some items in a plastic container. I will then leave it there when we go as the new PIF box. It is kind of a blueish green color and I will add mickey heads to the box to make it easy to identify. When we get home I will post a picture so you know what you are looking for. I am also adding the journal back in so feel free to leave a note about you and your trip. It will be exciting to read it a few trips from now!

Avonlady1001
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I am shipping ahead some items in a plastic container. I will then leave it there when we go as the new PIF box. It is kind of a blueish green color and I will add mickey heads to the box to make it easy to identify. When we get home I will post a picture so you know what you are looking for. I am also adding the journal back in so feel free to leave a note about you and your trip. It will be exciting to read it a few trips from now!

Thanks!! That's great!

I love the journal! It was fun reading thru it last time...reading about the weather, people's trips, and what they used & left. :) Great idea to put it back in!

summerlady
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Just switched my dates to November 15 - November 20! I was a little nervous about the impending arrival of Pop Warner kids possibly at POR with overflow at POFQ with my former dates as well as the celebrity rehearsals at the MK on that Thurs. and Fri. Ta da! No worries now. :banana:

Avonlady1001
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Just switched my dates to November 15 - November 20! I was a little nervous about the impending arrival of Pop Warner kids possibly at POR with overflow at POFQ with my former dates as well as the celebrity rehearsals at the MK on that Thurs. and Fri. Ta da! No worries now. :banana:

No problem, summerlady! I switched your dates for the box! :)

summerlady
05-07-2010, 11:43 AM
No problem, summerlady! I switched your dates for the box! :)

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to this box! Fun!

niccikatie
05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd be interested in the box from July 31-Aug 2. We'll be at POR.

Avonlady1001
05-08-2010, 10:51 AM
:welcome: niccikatie :welcome:

niccikatie
05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
:welcome: niccikatie :welcome:

Thanks!

platamama
05-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Pulphero,

I PM'd you our info - could you send me yours? Thanks.