PDA

View Full Version : Cave City Trip Help

taragarza1
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Planning on going to Cave City KY this weekend. Wanting to know if there are any ideas of things to do that might not cost too much. Kids are 2-12 y.o. boys, and 11,10,5 y.o girls. TIA!

mary0305
08-03-2009, 10:03 AM
We have been to Kentucky Down Under and Dinosaur World. We really enjoyed both. Don't remember the costs, but check online with their websites for coupons / specials. You can also see if they have a visitor's center for coupons. Also there is a GM Corvette plant just down the road in Bowling Green, KY. I know they have a museum / visitor's center and they may do tours of the plant. I think the tours of Mammoth Cave are pretty reasonable, but we have never done them. There is a cave tour at Kentucky Down Under that is included in the price of admission.

madge
08-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Dinosaur World might not be suited for the older kids .. everything I've heard about it from friends is that it's good for preschool and younger elementary aged kids.

prices:
$12.75 for adults - $9.75 for children ages 3 to 12 - $10.75 for seniors over 60- friendly pets on leashes - free!

I'd stick with the Mammoth Cave park. There are tours, hikes, etc. :)

PinkRhombus
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Make the tour reservations online or all the good times/tours may be sold out.