PDA

View Full Version : BCV- I've come to the experts for help....

gonesaleing
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I have a room only reservation at the BCV- 1 bedroom for October 31-November 7. We are not DVC members so I am paying RACK RATE. Over $4000for a weeks stay, without park hopper tickets or airfare.

How can I get my rack rate down? AAA has no availability, I already checked.

I know that I can stay at other properties more cheaply but this is my dream resort. I booked this reservation back in December 2008, THAT's how much I want to bring my family to stay here.

Help me obi-wan-kenobi, you're my only hope.

RMulieri
08-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Other than AAA , I can't think of anything.Pray for a room only discount to come for those dates.BCv is usually booked alot of the time.We booked in Jan 2009 for a Dec 2009 trip and secured the AAA discount then.

Manda
08-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Do you really have to stay at BCV? I totally understand if you do... but if you are willing to take Boardwalk Villas or any other villa, you could book under the current general public room only deal. Theoretically, availability could open up at BCV under that code, but I wouldn't count on it. We really wanted BC for our October trip, but the discounted availability just isn't there (and we could use passholder discount or bounceback or AAA). Personally, I decided I'd rather stay elsewhere with a discount than pay rack at Beach Club - so we're staying at BLT. But just looking at your dates, Boardwalk Villas are available for $384 ($3000ish total) for your week.

jonw
08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
You could rent from a DCV owner.

You'd need 214 points for a 1 bedroom at BCV that week. That will most likely run you 214 * $10-$14 a point, so $2140 to $2996.

gonesaleing
08-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I know that I can rent points but truthfully, I don't know the first thing about how to do it and it makes me nervous to do business with a complete stranger remotely.

I am the one who has their heart set on BCV, not my kids or husband. I have been jonzing to stay there for 5 years now and have saved up the money BUT it's so wicked expensive and in this economy, where do I get off spending this kind of money for a vacation? (that is the practical mom in my head, telling me I have college/braces/tutors/new car to pay for in the not to distant future).

So, the upshot is yes, I can stay at BWV (we stayed there 3 years ago and want to experience a different place) and yes, I can probably stay at Bay Towers as well but before I do that, I really want to see if I can reduce my costs at BCV.

As I said, looking to the experts cause you are the experts and I'm am but a grasshopper.

marcielm
08-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Do you have to do the villa? There are rooms available at the Beach Club Resort on the fall discount offer. The standard room for about $2100, and a water/pool view for about $2800. (I guessed with a family of 4... so it may be that you won't fit if you have 6 people or something).