PDA

View Full Version : photopass thread question....

Goofyz3girls
08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I have to figure this had to be beaten up already but I just don't get it.I didn't realize until this past week when we decided to make one last trip in late Aug before the kids go back to school that no new thread for a photopass was allowed.We had got into a share for our July trip months ago and hadn't been on the budget board since now.Like I said I just don't get it.What did I miss?Did something really bad happen? Did the world end and I'm the only one here?This thread have been saving everyone money and for the most part myself included, wouldn't be doing it otherwise.Spending anywhere from $10 -$15 for a share is worth it even if you don't take alot of pictures but to spend $100 + depending on when you pay for it just is not worth it.Is there something we as a large group can do to turn the decision around so we can be allowed to get new threads started again?....:confused3

labdogs42
08-02-2009, 12:56 PM
nah. The horse is dead. No sense trying to bring it back now. I have heard that Photopass shares are being run through Yahoo groups and TGM boards still. You could try one of those places! But, DIS Photopass shares are a thing of the past, for sure! I am one of the folks who misses them dearly, too! (but, if you convince your family and friends to travel the same week as you do, you can arrange some sharing that way!)

eyor44
08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
You aren't allowed to ask for money for anything on the Dis, DVC point rentals excluded. So all threads/swaps that are about money changing hands were done away with. Even stroller swaps now have to be free. Bummer I know, but on the other hand I started reading about people not getting their copies of their Photopass CDs from coordinators, so not only were they out of money, but they lost their photopass pics also.

3_disprincesses
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I think paying $100 for the Photopass is a great deal. We even paid the extra $12 (I think that's how much it was) for the 2nd cd. The photos were great and it was nice to be able to spend the time enjoying being with the characters during the meets than trying to take pictures ourselves. Photographers have always loved DD5 so we have tons of great pictures of her! Besides, our pictures are for us...not a bunch of strangers!

Dismom55
08-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I think buying the Photopass is a good idea and don't really mind the cost, just you really have to be sure to hunt out those photographers or you take the chance of not getting your money worth. I highly suggest pre pay for the photopass to save a bit of money.

Personally I never went into any one of the groups to share the photopass, obvious reasons there, now if I was going to WDW with people I already know, then share would be a good idea.