PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with a 2.5yr old whilst pregnant ....

kittb
08-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi!

We've just booke a couple of nights at Sequoia Lodge in September to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary having stayed at NPBC for our honeymoon.

We've been to the parks a few times but not for 4-5 years so I'm struggling to get my head around changes and how to "do" the parks with a toddler. Added to the mix will be that I will be nearly 7 months pregnant!

So we'll need to keep it as relaxing as possible, keep walking to the minimum as well as seeing as much as possible and spending as little as possible! We considered other holidays but decided that we were always disappointed with them compared with Disney even with these restrictions.

We're planning on taking the buggy (will it be safe-ish if we all go on a ride together? obviously carrying any valubles with us), loaded with a small amount of snacks and drinks. Waterproof and warm clothes to cover those eventualities. Hopefully a toddler won't have too much of an idea about spending loads on souveniers and will also prevent the option of lovely sit down dinners.

So any pointers please? Are the buses from hotel to park worth using? Does the hotel pool really not open until the afternoon (I'm sure I read this somewhere)? Is it worth getting up for breakfast at 7am to avoid the rush?

Thank you!

Kit, travelling with dh & ds

tennisfan
08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I never used the bus as I prefer walking but you shouldn't have any problems.

At the moment the pool isn't opening till 3pm this may change who knows. We never had a problem with our pushchair but it was a cheap one given to us just for when we have my niece stay.

I found the earlier you get to breakfast the less the queues:thumbsup2

lilacgems23
08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
wever never had any problems with our pram neither has my sister

the bus is worth taking as i found walking around so tirning i couldnt make it back to hotel, and im not preg lol but they are a scram and people dont make any allowances for your bump or toddler and will still push you. so id get there early and if its busy wait for the next, hop on 1st and get a seat!

i found we was on our feet all day with walking, queing for rides, meets, watching parades etc although you could probably break this up as there are benches scattered around the park

kittb
08-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the replies!
Kittb