PDA

View Full Version : Cooler advice

Cazbucket
08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi - I am lucky to be in a swap for most of my holiday but I need to get by for 5 days with some sort of cooler and ice.

Can anyone recommend a cheap one (pref from Walmart) please?

Don't mind if it's foldable or not and it doesn't need to be that big.

TIA

Inigo
08-02-2009, 11:55 AM
My best advice would be a standard cooler, but using dry ice in addition to the regular ice. We went camping for over a week, had a chunk of dry ice combined with a block of regular ice, and everything stayed cold. The dry ice lasted more than a week, and kept the regular ice going for that long too.

I found our dry ice at a grocery store out in WY. You could call ice companies, listed in the yellow pages, to ask if they supply it.

lucigo
08-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I was just in walmart the other day and they had some rolling ones for less than $30, not too big, but would hold a gallon of milk. If you are driving I would look at something like that.

Ooops...just saw where you are coming from, probably not driving :rotfl:

Maybe you should just go with a cheap styrofoam one that you can throw away afterwards...they are around $3 at WM

elgerber
08-02-2009, 12:53 PM
We just used a cheap styrofoam one from a grocery store when we needed a cooler, and then just left it when we were done.

dyna
08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Yep cheap styrofoam will do the trick the cheap ones are usually right near 1 of the front doors at walfart they usually have others back where the coolers are stocked but they much more expensive.