PDA

View Full Version : Disney Changed Their Value Season?

DANAW
08-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Normally, January 1 ends holiday rates, and begins Value Season. I called to book our AAA rate at the Wilderness Lodge for Jan 1 through Jan 9th. I was told the first 2 nights would be $405 and the remaining nights would be $202. I asked the reservationist if the huge difference was due to the fact that Jan 1 and 2 are a Friday and Saturday night, and she said it was partially due to that. But mainly, it was due to Jan 1 and 2 still being considered holiday rates! Looks like we will begin our trip off Disney property!

fla4fun
08-02-2009, 07:52 AM
It really varies, depending on when during the week New Year's Day falls. This year, it's a Friday, so I would expect that Friday and Saturday night would still be holiday rates.

dach2k3
08-02-2009, 08:28 AM
i was hoping to go during this time period, the rates are much higher than last year. Last year the 1st was a Thursday and this year it is a Friday. Looking really quickly the entire structure this year seems to have less Value dates. THere were 7 seasons last year and this year there are 20 season pricing categories. i guess they are trying to squeeze out some extra pricing on lesser holidays, or they just have more possible tiers.