PDA

View Full Version : 2010 room rates are out!!!!

2gr8DisneyKids
08-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I am checking rates right now!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

cglaura
08-02-2009, 07:11 AM
I had a room only for January 2010, got an email this morning...went up from $1459 to $1579 :headache: Not a huge amount, but still, for some reason thought it was they charged you the max rate of 2009, and it would be less considering January 26 - Feb 9 is off season.

I called to see if they could add my AAA, but she said they system is being "enhanced" and to call back tonight or tomorrow. I had budgeted $1600for lodging, so still within my amount, but any money saved is money saved! Maybe I'll be lucky and get some pin code in the fall or winter :wizard:

colonialtinker
08-02-2009, 07:16 AM
I wonder how long it will be until we see discounts offered January. I can't remember when they came out last year.

Dawn68PA
08-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I wonder how long it will be until we see discounts offered January. I can't remember when they came out last year.

Historically they come out in November so we have a while to wait. :surfweb:

Dawn68PA
08-02-2009, 07:32 AM
I am checking rates right now!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Did you get anything to come up on the Disneyworld site? It won't work for me. I assume in reference to the above post the site is being updated...

monkeyhouse
08-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Did you get anything to come up on the Disneyworld site? It won't work for me. I assume in reference to the above post the site is being updated...

I got it to work if you click on the DW link on the left and then try and make a reservation from there instead of on the main page. However, it looks like it would only let me book a room and not a room and tickets???????????

2gr8DisneyKids
08-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I had a room only for January 2010, got an email this morning...went up from $1459 to $1579 :headache: Not a huge amount, but still, for some reason thought it was they charged you the max rate of 2009, and it would be less considering January 26 - Feb 9 is off season.

I called to see if they could add my AAA, but she said they system is being "enhanced" and to call back tonight or tomorrow. I had budgeted $1600for lodging, so still within my amount, but any money saved is money saved! Maybe I'll be lucky and get some pin code in the fall or winter :wizard:

I just booked AAA for March, it think they are just getting everything loaded today.

cglaura
08-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I just booked AAA for March, it think they are just getting everything loaded today.

Thanks! I was just playing around with numbers and saw the $59 deal they have out for December. If I went standard in December instead of preferred in January I could save $600, which would actually be like getting free 10 day parkhoppers in my budget.

But, last time we went in early December it was crazy busy. Not like holiday/summer busy, but way more busy than any other early December we went. That is why we chose January this time. Aggggg, decisions decisions. Wish I had a crystal ball for any type of January deals :laughing:

ETA: well, I just called again and had the AAA applied, so that saved $371. I'm happy with that! It is still more than the December deal, but we really wanted to go in January, and that is for a preferred room, which is what dd requested for her graduation present. Well, at least AAA discount was about the cost of 1 parkhopper and 1 TS meal, so I'm looking at it that way :woohoo:

brobrosmom
08-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Wish I had a crystal ball for any type of January deals :laughing:

Last January they did the 4/3 deal which I think came out in November.

tiggeerrific
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I just checked for may and they said no rooms available .Am i not looking in the right place?I went to the disney world site.

NatashaDisneyCM
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi, new here. I am going in January. I have not booked yet, but just got a job at the Disney store! So I am not sure where I am at price wise for anything!:goodvibes

Native NYer
08-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I checked the WDW website and can't get anything for 2010. Where is everyone looking?

CoachBagFanatic
08-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I just checked for may and they said no rooms available .Am i not looking in the right place?I went to the disney world site.

No you are looking in the right place. I think they are still working on the web site and this is the reason why it states no rooms available. I have done this several times this morning and received the same message. Don't worry it should be up and running soon. At least I am hoping this.:flower3:

jeanylaser
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for this info! I will look too!

cglaura
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I think you can only get room only on the website. I think packages will be out later today or tomorrow (?)

CoachBagFanatic
08-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi, new here. I am going in January. I have not booked yet, but just got a job at the Disney store! So I am not sure where I am at price wise for anything!:goodvibes

:welcome:To the DISboards. This is a great place for all sorts information. Good luck with your new job at the DISNEY Store.:cheer2::flower3:

babydovesx2
08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I just called and the CM told me that hopefully tomorrow we would be able to book 2010 packages. Right now you can only book room only. They are having some computer problems and hopefully it will be up tomorrow. I am going to try again later today just in case they get the 2010 packages working.

tiggeerrific
08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I dont know where you are finding the 2010 rates .As i just tried for Januarary to see if it would work and it still says no rooms available.
Where did the poster who started this thread find her info?

jeanylaser
08-02-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks for the info!

tiggeerrific
08-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info will check in later.I am off to the city to see the show Hair

hockeybabe
08-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I haven't booked yet, but I was looking at the site for pricing. It seems Deluxes, or at least WL didn't have a price increase for value season on their most standard room, but Coronado (moderate) had a $10 increase on their most standard room on a weekday, and $15 on the weekend, even in value season. Weekend rates usually didn't apply during value season...hmmm.

2gr8DisneyKids
08-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I dont know where you are finding the 2010 rates .As i just tried for Januarary to see if it would work and it still says no rooms available.
Where did the poster who started this thread find her info?

I looked at rates through the disney site, but the called b/c we wanted AAA room-only rates.

They have been having some issues (it seems) with the site, too many people I guess b/c when I looked at CSR originally it told me it would be over $3,000 for 4 nights! I booked AAA for same dates for $941.

Just keep trying. Good luck!:goodvibes

Tonyspad
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Just booked AAA room only for Poly GVCL- April 9-16

Hoping for 4/3 :goodvibes

PolynesianLily
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Going to go try and book a room with AAA discount!

karenmmk
08-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks for posting! I was able to get a AAA rate for Feb 2010. :)

Noreen411
08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi

I just called Disney to apply the AAA rate (if available) for my trip in February and the CM said that the AAA rates won't come out for another month or so.

I'm guessing I had someone who didn't know and is giving me bad information since many of you are quoting AAA rates.

Did you book direct with Disney and then apply the AAA rates? OR did you book through AAA?

Thank you in advance
Noreen

PolynesianLily
08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi

I just called Disney to apply the AAA rate (if available) for my trip in February and the CM said that the AAA rates won't come out for another month or so.

I'm guessing I had someone who didn't know and is giving me bad information since many of you are quoting AAA rates.

Did you book direct with Disney and then apply the AAA rates? OR did you book through AAA?

Thank you in advance
Noreen
Hello!

We just booked our trip with AAA through the Disney Travel Company. The lady applied the AAA discount to the price that she gave us. Perhaps you should call back and see if you get a different answer from another CM.

karenmmk
08-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I had a room only reservation for Feb 2010 that I booked through Disney. I called today and asked if there was a AAA rate available for my dates. My CM said he wasn't sure if they were out, but he checked and found it. HTH :)

PolynesianLily
08-02-2009, 11:43 AM
I guess it could also just depend on the hotel you are booking for. The lady that we booked with said that the CM's weren't sure of whether or not all the rates would be out for every hotel.

Noreen411
08-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

I just called Disney reservations and spoke with a different CM.
He was very helpful and applied the AAA discount to both our February 2010 trip and our May 2010 trip.

Good thing for the DisBoards or I would have waited as the first CM said and probably been out of luck.

Thank you again
Noreen

marcielm
08-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Whew, I'm glad to see that others are having problems showing room availability. I tried to get myself a quote for the Family Suites at ASMu, and it told me no rooms available. :scared1: I panicked! I might have to call in a bit and see if I can find out if they really are full, so I can start making alternative plans, if need be.

PolynesianLily
08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I tried checking online to see if they have the room rates available on the Disney website and it came up saying that there were no rooms available at the Polynesian Resort, but it is incorrect because we got a room by calling :]

Tinkermom76
08-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Please help me.. If I book now at the rack rate can it be changed if by chance I get a PIN or they offer free dining or 4/3 deal again?

I want to stay at WL but only if I get a deal so should I book at CBR and upgrade if a deal comes out? :confused:

TIA

marcielm
08-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Please help me.. If I book now at the rack rate can it be changed if by chance I get a PIN or they offer free dining or 4/3 deal again?

I want to stay at WL but only if I get a deal so should I book at CBR and upgrade if a deal comes out? :confused:

TIA

Yes, you can come back later and add a discount. You will want to call and make the change as soon as it is offered or you get a PIN because there are only so many rooms available for each offer. If you don't get in quick enough you might have to be flexible with your dates or details about your resort.

mickeymum
08-02-2009, 01:38 PM
It's working now!! You can book!

brobrosmom
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Worked for me too

carolb3
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I have a question about PIN Codes and AAA.

If I book a room now with AAA and then get a PIN Code that would save me more, would they adjust my current room rate to use the PIN Code (and remove the AAA rate), or would I have to start a whole new reservation?

Also, if I book now without a PIN Code, does this decrease my chances that I would receive a PIN Code (as they may record which emails have already reserved)?

Thanks for any help!

my2disneyboys
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
If I want to book the dining plan/get tickets is it correct that I cant use a AAA discount?

rt2dz
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
If I want to book the dining plan/get tickets is it correct that I cant use a AAA discount?

False. You just have to book a package with the AAA discount directly with a AAA agent. You can't book it yourself.

BreTyPres87
08-03-2009, 07:44 PM
it was the first thing i checked for this morning since all the dis'ers said they come out the first week in august and i was super excited to see that was true! :woohoo:Since my vacation was originally for the last week in December (:scared1:) i'm saving about 1k not to mention my sanity from the crowds that week and if a pin comes out who knows how much more i'll save! :banana:

Bell30012
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I booked my trip for October 2010 and we still haven't taken the October 2009 trip yet.