PDA

View Full Version : Going With The Flow - Day 13 - 2nd August 2009

wicket2005
08-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Both me and Ian woke up early this morning, rough plans made yesterday were to sleep in and stay onsite today but I am going to check with the lads now to see if this is still the case, seeing as I am awake. Ian snoozing again.

mandymouse
08-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Have a good day wherever you end up :)

wicket2005
08-02-2009, 07:06 AM
The plans are to stay onsite today. Just had a lovely talk to my Mam and Dad seeing as we had a bit of time today.:goodvibes

Pinky166
08-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Have a great day. :)

buzz for boys
08-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Have a fab day !!! I love live trip reports its like everyone is there with you x x x

natalielongstaff
08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow ! im shocked this is day 13 already :eek:

have a good day x

wicket2005
08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
The good thing Nat is that when you are on holiday the days seem a lot longer than when you are at home and the days just whizz by.

We have just been in Universal and had a fun time doing The Mummy, Jaws (I love people watching on this ride for the newbies), Men in Black a couple of times, The Simpsons, Terminator and ET.

We called in Margaritavillle (doesnt look right but I know you know where I mean) and had a lovely meal courtesy of Virgin. Me and Gaz chose the pulled pork sandwich as I know from the trip reports people have recommended it and it was delicious. We did have a slightly strange American woman sitting behind us who was just starring at us the whole time or at the food. I felt like saying it is rude to stare but it was funny at the same time as Craig was mimicking her. Anyway a lovely place to eat.

Now getting ready to go back into Islands in our wet gear. I have just dug all the cases out and whacked my clothes away, packing always gets me stressed but as the things I have bought are small there is a bit more space for the clothes the menfolk have bought. My stuff is in so they can fight it out for the space.

Anyway off to get changed now. Cya later.

buzz for boys
08-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Cant believe its time to pack already :sad1:
Hope the emn folk have been left enough room !!!
Have fun at islamds say Hi to spidey for me :)

Pinky166
08-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Hope your having a good time at IOA.

Can't believe it's time for you to pack already. :sad:

suzycute
08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Can't believe you're packing already - doesn't seem a minute since you started posting your live trip reports! I've really enjoyed reading them - many thanks! :thumbsup2

wicket2005
08-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I always think the sign of a good holiday is one you don't want to end and that is exactly what we feel. It is easier because we have been booked up since May to return to the Hard Rock in June so it doesn't feel as bad leaving. Also both me and Ian may return by ourselves (which will be very strange) if both lads are away at Uni before then but I don't know how I will be if the lads are not with us as I would miss them.

Anyway we have just had great fun in Islands. We went on the Hulk first which was a bit of a miscalculation as they did 2 car changes and had to check them before we could go on so ended up waiting quite a while. Love the ride though. We then went on Dr Doom and again sat in the left tower, seat set 4 and absolutely flew out of the seats more so than on the other seats strange but scary.

We then went on Popeyeś Bilge Boat Rapids which was the main reason for going into this park for a cool down instead of going down to the pool. This ride is so funny and we quite enjoy people watching especially the newbies. It always amazes me that people wear denim jeans in the Florida heat then go on a soaking wet water ride. We did a record 10 rides one after the other, and had a great laugh, once you are wet you cannot get any wetter.:rotfl: i would have stayed on for longer but the menfolk chickened out.

We left the park steadily getting warmer as our wet clothes dried out. Now back in the room, Ian is packed, Gary has his all arranged on his bed to spread out between 3 cases, it also means he has to pack before he can go to bed. I would imagine Craig will just bung his clothes in.

Just noticed Ian has left the golf channel on and left it on as he has gone to the lads room. Nightmare. I think we are off back out in a minute.

Pinky166
08-03-2009, 12:55 AM
10 times!!! :scared1:

As you say at least you have another trip booked to look forward to. Is your flight today?

mandymouse
08-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Are you heading home today ? I'm going to miss your updates each morning. Wow 10 times on Popeye's barges, you must've been soaked through

Are you off to a park this morning ?

irongirlof12
08-03-2009, 02:03 AM
fab day, can't believe it is nearly over :sad1:

cannp123165
08-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Sounds like a great day! :)

wicket2005
08-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks for reading.

Once changed we headed back into Universal, doing The Mummy, Men in Black and Jaws. I saved Ian from wetting his jeans :rotfl: by sitting in the row that has the barrel of water fired at it, then I was uncomfortable again. He owes me one now.

We enjoyed watching the fireworks for the last time and watched Rip It Ride It Rocket going round, its lights look quite pretty. We are looking forward to going on this next time but hope to hear from one of you what it is like if you go to Universal.

We headed back to the hotel and into Jake's Bar for a meal. It is a lovely relaxing restaurant, we all ordered the steak again but this time it took a while to come, the server said it was coming soon then the manager came over and apologised because the well done steaks had been burnt and he wasn't prepared to let us have them so they were doing them again. He said we could have free drinks and desserts. We were not bothered as accidents happen and were perfectly okay about it besides which we were enjoying talking. I had my last cocktail which I dedicate to all who have been reading my trip reports and hope you have enjoyed reading them.

The steaks came and were lovely. Then I started to feel tired and look tired so the lads and Ian said I should go whilst they settled the bill. I couldn't wait to get to bed as it was approaching 11 which is late when we have had a busy day. It didn't take them long to follow me up and they said the manager had come across really apologetic again and said we didn't need to pay for the meals just the drinks which we didnt expect at all. So excellent customer service. I was soon fast asleep.

cannp123165
08-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Sounds like a lovely evening! :thumbsup2

wicket2005
08-04-2009, 03:11 PM
We thought we would try and set a family record for Popeye's, after 10 times we started to feel a bit cold so it worked well in totally cooling us down. It was great people watching on this ride. It must destroy a lot of cell phones though because a lot produce them from a pocket after the ride.

Snowy-girls
08-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Great day Bev,lots done as well :thumbsup2.10 times :scared1:,are you kidding me :laughing:.x.

wicket2005
08-05-2009, 10:25 AM
It's a great way to cool down and handy that the hotel is only 10 minutes away to get changed.