PDA

View Full Version : When is off peak at DLP

hellothere
08-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi

Really want to go to DLP but at a quiet time ...... we are thinking of Monday 19th Oct to Friday 23rd Oct 2009.

Do you think this would be a quiet time ..... not too long a que......hotels not too busy etc?

Would it be freezing then ???

Many thanks!

DLPdaft
08-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi hellothere,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Your dates in October aren't really low season, as they are Halloween season. If they don't include school holidays (either French or UK) then midweek, you shouldn't have to queue for long for much I wouldn't have thought. It will a different story though if you have any school holidays to contend with.

You won't freeze at DLRP in October :), maybe take a fleece with you for the mornings and evenings, and possibly expect some rain/drizzle.

BRobson
08-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi - we were there at that time last year - it wasn't freezing but chilly in the mornings and evenings but pleasant in the afternoon.

I do know it is our school holidays at that time so the parks will be busier but as you are avoiding weekends it should not be too manic.

Halloween is a fantastic time to go :)

hellothere
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies

BRobson.......is that UK school holidays ?

Maybe I would be better the previous week do you think ??

mommy2ash
08-02-2009, 04:29 AM
hi and welcome

last year i went at the start of october from monday to saturday and it was great. it wanst dead quiet but it definately wasnt busy. i went in feb this year and that was dead quiet, it was a bit scary at times lol. i have pics of an empty fantasyland in the middle of the afternoon lol.

october last year at the start was lovely and warm. the halloween season is excellent and i would highly reccomend going to the mickeys not so scary halloween party that is held on fridays after the park closes.

Ms Poppins
08-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the replies

BRobson.......is that UK school holidays ?

Maybe I would be better the previous week do you think ??

I think the school holidays differ. Our kids will be off the week before, but my cousins kids are off the following week and we only live 15 minutes apart!

I think the middle two weeks of October will be holidays for most as some point.

FiFi Rose
08-02-2009, 04:34 AM
I would also recommend earlier in October so you get the halloween season but its a bit quieter. Plan your trip so you leave on a saturday so you can do MNSSHP on the friday night. Last year we left on the friday afternoon and felt we were really missing out on something. We had watched them putting the decorations up for the party all week and then couldn't go:sad1:

manxtatt2
08-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi hellothere

we are also going the same dates that you have picked

the guy on the phone, said it was prob one of the best weeks to go as its quite quiet

lets hope so

scampbunny
08-02-2009, 04:48 AM
hiya
def a school holiday week round here, so it might not be as quiet as maybe the week before that, but will be quieter than the following week!!