PDA

View Full Version : OT-? for anyone who used Gap Friends coupon at an outlet this weekend

DisneyAndRedSox
08-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I just came home from my local Gap Outlet, and the manager told me you can't use the F&F coupon with a Gap gift card or Merchandise credit. I am quite furious since I had to pay OOP instead of using my gift cards. Nothing on the coupon about this, just it says you can't use the coupon to purchase gift cards.

I am waiting for a call from the district manager and hoping to hear if anyone used a gift card with no problems. BTW... used the coupon at Old Navy with a gift card with no problems!

libinatorsmom
08-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I cant imgine why you could use a gc with a coupon I have never heard of such a thing... we went to GAP today and I got so irritated with the lack of customer service and the insanely long line for the fitting room that we left..

patsal
08-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Giftcards are prepaid $$, they should not be excluded. Makes no sense.

disneyhand
08-01-2009, 06:19 PM
My dd worked for a gap store a couple years ago. The reason you can't use a gap gift card while shopping with the friends and family coupon is due to the fact that gap employee's are given their employee discount on the purchase of a gift card. So if they purchased a gift card with a discount and then used the F&F coupon they would be double dipping. F&F sales are the only time you can't use a coupon with a gift card. Hope that makes sense.

kinntj
08-01-2009, 06:36 PM
My DD and I went to Gap today and she wasn't impressed with anything they had. There were maybe 5 other customers in there and no sales people on the floor at the time. We left and she picked out 6 outfits at Justice and I bought those with 40% off coupon.

She loves the 2 Gap skirts online and I'll try to order those. She's into jean skirts, but she hates regular jeans, so I'm willing to buy what she likes as long as she wears them. Now will have to pick up some leggings for when the weather gets cooler.

Now to go order those skirts online.