PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite Disney song?

MummyMinnie
08-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Well today we're all suffering from Mickey withdrawel symptons:rotfl2: - now we've been back for a few days, so to cheer us all up I've been sorting out the photo's. I've only just discovered Windows Movie Maker (how fab is that) so am currently putting music to our pics. Having now got out all of our Disney music I've just found the Christmas parade music - 'Chante, c'est noel' :santa:, my absolute favourite of all time.:cool1:

So got me wondering what everybody else's favourite is???, park or otherwise.

MichelinMan
08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Easy - I Wanna Be Like you from Jungle Book. DS goes hyterical when I re-enact it round the house - but DW wasn't impressed when I started doing the same in the middle of Animagique in WDS!! :rotfl2:

MummyMinnie
08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Easy - I Wanna Be Like you from Jungle Book. DS goes hyterical when I re-enact it round the house - but DW wasn't impressed when I started doing the same in the middle of Animagique in WDS!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:your poor DW

mommy2ash
08-01-2009, 02:05 PM
i make videos of everything lol. i love the tarzan song, you,ll be in my heart. and it just happens to fit in with the day of my last trip we met 17 characters so its all pics of ash hugging characters lol.

also the brother bear song on my way, that also fits perfectly in with another one of my videos. there is a line that says there is nowhere else id rather be and it just hits when my first pic of the castle covered in snow pops up,

im off to watch that know lol

Ms Poppins
08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
You can fly, you can fly, you can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Mrsweasley
08-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I love Chante cest Noel also, but I especially love the end track with the bells ??
I always remember watching the birthday fireworks the last time we were there when that music was playing.

Everytime I think of it I cry.

PurpleSurfer
08-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not even sure if it is Disney?

but this is what Disney is to me!

Frank Sinatra - Young at Heart

ChristinaDK
08-01-2009, 02:28 PM
from brother bear, but cant rebember the name

PJackson
08-01-2009, 03:17 PM
What a great thread :thumbsup2

All of mine involve Princesses as I've always loved the Classic Princess films princess:

'A Dream is a Wish' from Cinderella

'Once upon a Dream' from Sleeping Beauty (prob my all time fave and even DD2 who is 14 months can now hum the beginning of the tune - she dances with a Princess doll in her arms and sings it - me thinks I'm brainwashing her :lmao:!!)

'So this is Love' from Cinderella

I also love 'We can Fly' & 'Following the Leader' from Peter Pan :goodvibes

I really like a lot of the songs from the 'Classics' tbh so I could go on but I'll stop there :rolleyes1

bpeacock
08-01-2009, 03:51 PM
not really a disney song as such but hoist the colours from pirates of the caribbean at worlds end is one that I always like to sing it is even on my mp3 player. pirate::music:

PrincessKimi
08-01-2009, 03:51 PM
My favourite is 'You got a friend in me' from Toy Story, anything Pixar is brilliant :D

thelittlemermaid83
08-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Wishes from the Magic Kingdom fireworks specatular. Has always been my fave Disney song from the park.

I also love the new "Celebrate" song from the WDW parade.

Fave song from a move has to be "Part of your World" seeing as The Little Mermaid is my all time number 1 Disney movie. I remember being 10 years old and singing it to in my bedroom all the time.

MummyMinnie
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
What a great thread :thumbsup2

All of mine involve Princesses as I've always loved the Classic Princess films princess:

'A Dream is a Wish' from Cinderella

'Once upon a Dream' from Sleeping Beauty (prob my all time fave and even DD2 who is 14 months can now hum the beginning of the tune - she dances with a Princess doll in her arms and sings it - me thinks I'm brainwashing her :lmao:!!)

'So this is Love' from Cinderella

I also love 'We can Fly' & 'Following the Leader' from Peter Pan :goodvibes

I really like a lot of the songs from the 'Classics' tbh so I could go on but I'll stop there :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:think I've definitley 'brainwashed' Hollie - she's just the same:rotfl2:

Reminds me of my other favourite 'some day my prince will come':love:

Lisa_C
08-01-2009, 04:41 PM
My favourite song form a film is Beauty and the Beast. Special memories for me as I was given a copy on VHS :scared1: for my 21st birthday hot off the shelves, and it's always been my favourite film :-)

But general Disney songs have to be "dancin' (a catchy rhythm)" - see me dance around the room as soon as I hear the first couple of bars.....and "just like we dreamed it". I absolutely LOVE singing this at the top of my voice and the neighbours love it believe it or not!!

It's really tough though as I love "you'll be in my heart" and *cough* the "ugly bug ball" :lmao:

DD loves "part of your world" and DS loves "under the sea".

mommy2ash
08-02-2009, 04:22 AM
just to add i think i would find it harder to think of a disney song i dont like lol. as a matter of fact i cant think of many, maybe some of the ones on the part 2,s of some films, like pocahontas 2 im not too keen on those songs. ashleigh knows all the songs too. so can i join the brainwashing gang lol.

buttercup1982
08-02-2009, 08:53 AM
We can fly, we can fly we can flyyyyyy! Plus I love the 'Why should I worry, Why should I care......' Off Oliver! (That cat is so cute!!) :lovestruc
Oh thought of another one! 'So Oliver, don't be scared!' off the same film! Maybe it's just Huey Lewis singing it I don't know I just think it's fab!!

jillrobinson
08-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Dancing a catchy rhythm has to be my favourite parade music.
Every year "Hal lo ween lo ween everybody" is played in our house, I look forward to being able to put that CD on again.
Film wise it's definately "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas. :)

loobylou44
08-02-2009, 02:37 PM
But general Disney songs have to be "dancin' (a catchy rhythm)" - see me dance around the room as soon as I hear the first couple of bars......

Yes I love 'Dancin (a catchy rhythm)' it is on my phone and was my ringtone when I was in DLRP this week (28-31), and will be again when we are in WDW at Christmas.:yay::yay:

I also love 'All around the world' it was the music to the Imagi Nations parade which we saw at DLRP in summer 2000 the first time we took our children (then 5 and 7) to a Disney Park, it brings back many happy memories whenever I hear it!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

thelittlemermaid83
08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I also love Shine by Tiffany Giardina from the Tinkerbell soundtrack, i actually love that whole album :)

PrincessKimi
08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah, I like some of the songs from Oliver & Company, especially the one that Georgette sings...about being perfect, don't recall the title though.

dlpSteve
08-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm) is my favourite piece of Disneyland Paris music - remembered fondly from our first trip in 2002, and thereafter, it's not been bettered for me. It was even on the album I made for our wedding reception, as was Yo Ho (A Pirates Life For Me). Also very fond of Main Street Electrical Parade as it was playing when Lucas was born - it's the ringtone on my phone at the moment.

MummyMinnie
08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't know the 'dancin (a catchy rhythm)' - when was this played? maybe a time before we became addicts or a different season to when we've been

Is there anywhere you can hear them? I suppose I should try youtube. Want to hear the Halloween one too as I'm desperate to go at that time of year.

dlpSteve
08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
It was the main parade theme before they changed to Just Like We Dreamed it for the 15th Anniversary celebrations in 2007. Though looking at your holiday dates in your signature the two times you went prior to 2007 were in December so you'd have heard Chant C'est Noel.

I used Dancin' for my little photo video I did a few years ago, so you can hear it there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7tiWf7lxpA

loobylou44
08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
It was the main parade theme before they changed to Just Like We Dreamed it for the 15th Anniversary celebrations in 2007. Though looking at your holiday dates in your signature the two times you went prior to 2007 in December so you'd have heard Chant C'est Noel.

I used Dancin' for my little photo video I did a few years ago, so you can hear it there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7tiWf7lxpA

Have just watched your photo video and got goose bumps - fantastic!!:yay::yay:

MummyMinnie
08-03-2009, 10:39 AM
:banana:aw thanks that is really lovely and I can see why it's a popular choice of song, brilliant.

I've just done the same thing with our pics makes it more interesting with music.

Now I DEFINITELY NEED to go back, can't stop looking at prices:rotfl2:

buttercup1982
08-03-2009, 10:47 AM

Just watched it!! Recognise it now from when we went! Brings back lovely memories! :goodvibes

mum'o'3
08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
This is a tricky one as my DD is currently insisting on working her way through all available Disney films by the time we go next week and I constantly have Disney songs stuck in my head now:rolleyes1 (i have enforced breaks in the fresh air when the sun comes out!)

I think though it's got to be between Upon a Dream for Sleeping Beauty or Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid.

Kazzabelle
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi, I too love Dancin' (a catchy rhythm) it reminds me of the hot July in 2006 watching the parade. When we got home me and my sister printed the words off and could not stop singing them, Its a shame dlp don't use this great song anymore but love all the songs that they do use they always give you a magical feeling.

Cheyenne July 2006
Cheyenne June 2007
Cheyenne Sept 2008
Cheyenne March 2010

fd1972uk
08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Being a big POTC fan I would say Pirates Life for me, but outwith that I like Tarzan's 'You'll be in my heart' - big PC fan.

Also always liked Beauty & the Beast song.

FD

TheBunnyBear
08-05-2009, 05:10 AM
I really love 'A whole new world' (aladdin), 'Hi-Diddle-Di-Dee' (pinocchio), 'Zippidy-Do-Dah' (song of the south), and 'Beauty & the Beast'.:love:

AmyMarie
08-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi.

Mine has got to be the theme from the very first parade I saw - 'Dancing a catchy rythmn' you know the one - hey there hi there ho there its a disney kind of day........

But what a hard question ..... theres so many to choose from.:laughing:

Ware Bears
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Mine changes by the day :lmao: today it's Zero to Hero (Hercules)

mommy2ash
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
having watched the lion king with ash today i now want to add all of the lion king songs to my favourites lol

aqua12
08-07-2009, 12:30 AM
My list would be:
Lion King: "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "Hakuna Matata", "Circle of Life";
Mulan: "Reflection";
Pocahontas: "Colors of the Wind" (Pocahontas);
Aladdin: "A Whole New World"

Ware Bears
08-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Mine changes by the day :lmao: today it's Zero to Hero (Hercules)

And today it's Candle on the Water (Pete's Dragon). :goodvibes

A Small World
08-07-2009, 06:18 PM
And today it's Candle on the Water (Pete's Dragon). :goodvibes

The question is though Elaine is that Fridays song or Saturdays as its now after midnight

Ware Bears
08-07-2009, 06:23 PM
:lmao:

It's Friday's, I'll have another favourite tomorrow, I mean today! :rotfl2: