PDA

View Full Version : Salon Mickey & Large Family

scottwb
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm seriously considering the share purchase for Shareholder Club membership, however, I have a query about Salon Mickey. The shareholder letter indicates that entrance to SM is for the shareholder and four guests; well we are a family of six (two adults and four children). Any ideas as to whether they will let in all of us or should my wife and I both get the membership - kind of negates some of the benefits if we both have to buy shares.

Thanks
Scott

tennisfan
08-01-2009, 01:52 PM
They are usually pretty hot on the rules, so you would most likely have to both become members

Roon
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
You will still have the shares though, no matter what, to sell as you please or keep. You aren't just buying into getting the perks. They are very low at the moment, but could rise in a few years. They are always yours. I would be tempted for both of you to get them.

Ware Bears
08-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I agree with Nikki that they are very hot on the rules at Salon Mickey. I've even taken to carrying a list of the rules on me when I visit as not all the CMs there seem to realise it is shareholder plus 4 when you're taking spouse/children, some of them think it is only shareholder plus 3 (which it is if you are taking friends) all the time and weren't going to allow me to take 4 people in until I insisted they checked with someone else so IMO I can't see them allowing you an extra one, even if they are only a child.

You could either both buy shares, they are so cheap nowadays and who knows, one day we may even see a return :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: and if you both buy 20 shares it will only be two one-off fees and your memebership to the club will be free.

The alternative is to buy one lot of shares now and go visit Salon Mickey with half your family on one day and the other half on another. That will give you an idea of how important it is to you to be able to visit altogether as a family. For me, Salon Mickey is a lovely perk and we all love being able to visit and relax in there with a drink and a muffin or cookie but it is just that (a perk), it wouldn't diminish my holiday if I couldn't go in there.

scottwb
08-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all your advice, I'm not going to chance having only some of the family getting into Salon Mickey so I will go ahead and purchase two lots of 20 shares. I just need to hope our bank will be able to issue shares in separate names - we currently have a joint trading account.