PDA

View Full Version : Back From The Most Magical Time!

Dianetigger
08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Got back late last night from the most magical 10 days in DLRP ever! Parks were very busy (obviously no one has heard of the credit crunch!!!), weather was SO hot, only had rain Wednesday and Thursday of the first week (22nd/23rd), thankfully we had taken our old ponchos but then they ripped and we didn't need to buy any more!

Highs: (loads of them)
DD1 finally getting a picture with Belle and Ariel
Me discovering Indiana Jones (I'm a wuss at rollercoasters and up until last Wednesday BTM and ToT were my only 'big' rides)
Birthday meal for DD2 at Cafe Mickey
My 'big' birthday meal at Inventions
Mickey's Magical Party Show - fabulous
Half Board Plus Vouchers - fantastic!
Eating at Walts and getting a window seat
Tiggers cartwheels and general 'bounciness' all the time!
Visiting Paris, getting very emotional at the Notre Dame after lighting a candle for my Dad
VIP breakfasts
The overall friendliness of all the CM's at the Seqouia Lodge

Lows:
Really picky here *** there really weren't any lows at all, but the staggered opening times didn't help my planning at all! :lmao:

Have got a trip report all planned out which I'll hopefully start over the next few days.

scald
08-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Welcome back!! Glad you had a great time, can't wait to compare notes:thumbsup2

A Small World
08-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Welcome back Diane - we did look out for you when we arrived on Friday but didnt see you at all.

Its still very very hot over here and busy (but Ive seen it a lot busier)

Im looking forward to hearing all about it

And

Happy Birthday

Cyrano
08-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome home Diane :wave2:

Glad that you had a wonderful time :goodvibes

buttercup1982
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Welcome back! :goodvibes Looking forward to your trip report :cool1:

loobylou44
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Glad you had a magical time Dianne, we did just 3 nights (arrived on Tuesday and left friday) - perhaps we saw you!! If you watched the 7.15 parade on Thursday you may have seen my daughter as she was in the pre-parade of UK dance schools! And if you didn't see her you WILL have heard me shouting and woowooing!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Dianetigger
08-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Glad you had a magical time Dianne, we did just 3 nights (arrived on Tuesday and left friday) - perhaps we saw you!! If you watched the 7.15 parade on Thursday you may have seen my daughter as she was in the pre-parade of UK dance schools! And if you didn't see her you WILL have heard me shouting and woowooing!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Sorry we didn't see the pre-parade on Thursday, I was celebrating my birthday in Inventions. We did see a dance school (several actually) in the parks in a pre-parade last Friday (24th).

tennisfan
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Welcome back Diane, glad you had a wonderful trip:goodvibes

Mrsweasley
08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
It sounds like a wonderful trip :)

stargatebarbie
08-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Cant belive you are back ,gald everything went well and tigger was at his bouncy,ist :rotfl:will be looking forward to your trippie hope you got my birthday text ,oh and thanks for your text and the castle pic it made me smile all day:goodvibes

mommy2ash
08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
welcome back i cant wait for your trip report!!!

PJackson
08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Welcome back Diane - so pleased you had a great time and the birthdays went well :goodvibes Look forward to hearing more and also seeing some photos :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid83
08-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Welcome back Diane :)

ukstitch
08-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome back Diane - glad you had a good time.

Also glad to hear you've discovered Indiana Jones. I remember the first time I rode that - I was quite nervous as I'd never ridden an upside down roller coaster before but I quite enjoyed it. I was still nervous when I made step up to space mountain but I loved that as well.

Ware Bears
08-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Welcome back Diane :wave2: glad you had a great birthday trip :bday: and congratulations on no longer being a wuss! :goodvibes I'm very impressed! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

liberty
08-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Glad your back ,and had a brilliant time!!:thumbsup2

I also got back yesterday!, and it was boiling wasn't it!! :goodvibes

cannp123165
08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Welcome back! It sounds like you had an amazing time! :)

nobby
08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
We also did Tuesday to Friday and like Dianne, Indiana Jones was superb which was for most of us the best ride.

Also not impressed with appear to be cost cutting measures by opening some attractions late. CMs we spoke to agreed that the lack of Lion king and Tarzan was a disappointment to older audiences and rumours of bring back LK in the winter.....

Pirates was best done at or just after the parade - no queue at all.

When it came to check out they put someone else's room service (which we never use) on our bill - over 100 euros and tried to claim it was ours - until I blew a fuse........

Ware Bears
08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
When it came to check out they put someone else's room service (which we never use) on our bill - over 100 euros and tried to claim it was ours

:scared1:

MummyMinnie
08-04-2009, 04:03 AM
For those of you who have been recently did you have anybody asking for your tickets at the gate?

We've never had this before but on our last day as we were leaving Disneyland a young girl approached me and asked if we were leaving? as her 'friend' had lost his ticket and could we pass ours on to him at the gate:scared1:then once we got out of the gate hubby took the kids to the toilet so I sat on a bench another woman started chatting to me then said all of a sudden "my kids are stuck in the park and I'm not allowed back in - you give me your ticket I need to find them":scared1: I realise this probably happens all the time but the first time it's happened to us and a little disturbing especially as the second woman became quite insistent and a little aggresive.

We did think about reporting them but needed to get on the road for the journey back.

Dianetigger
08-04-2009, 11:43 AM
For those of you who have been recently did you have anybody asking for your tickets at the gate?

We've never had this before but on our last day as we were leaving Disneyland a young girl approached me and asked if we were leaving? as her 'friend' had lost his ticket and could we pass ours on to him at the gate:scared1:then once we got out of the gate hubby took the kids to the toilet so I sat on a bench another woman started chatting to me then said all of a sudden "my kids are stuck in the park and I'm not allowed back in - you give me your ticket I need to find them":scared1: I realise this probably happens all the time but the first time it's happened to us and a little disturbing especially as the second woman became quite insistent and a little aggresive.

We did think about reporting them but needed to get on the road for the journey back.

No thankfully we've not had anything like that happen at all.
On our last day my daughter's park ticket wouldn't work in the Studios (we'd just left the main park where we had no problem at all) the CM just strugged it off as the rest of us had the same dated tickets and ours were okay and gave myself and DD2 a fast pass ticket each.

aqua12
08-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Glad you had great trips :)
Happy Belated Birthday!