PDA

View Full Version : Any French Speakers out there!

CRITCHK
08-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Just picking up a few tips here and there. Noticed a few people say if you ask the CM to take a group photo they will stop everyone else pushing in and make sure you get a good shot.

I would like to be able to ask in French, but don't no what to say. I can only really say "Bonjour" and "Merci".

Please could anyone tell me how to say in French, " Please could you take a group family photo".

Any other tips would be very welcome.

Suzanne1979
08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Voulez-vous prendre un photo de ma famille, s'il vous plait?

tennisfan
08-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I just asked in english & showed my camera. All knew what I wanted:thumbsup2

PJackson
08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
That's such a nice idea to do that :goodvibes But remember to look at their badge - you may find they are from the UK anyway as we found quite a few CMs were last trip. Or even another country too - but then, I'm sure they'll all be fluent in French anyway whether it's their native tongue or not!!

I did make sure I said hello, thank you very much (where appropriate) and goodbye in French to the characters and CMs etc - it seemed appreciated. My French is v rusty (did A Level but was rubbish!) but I did end up ordering our meal in Cafe Mickey in French as the waitress was clearly going to get it wrong if I didn't step in - think she'd just woken up :rotfl2: None of the rest of the party speak any French so when I do say the odd word they think it's brilliant :rotfl:

CRITCHK
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks Suzanne, not sure how to pronounce,"prendre" I tend to say as I see and get it all wrong and usually get a blank expression!

PJackson did not know the CM's had the country on their badge, thanks for the tip. Guess I should brush up on my Spanish & German as well.

PrincessKimi
08-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I pronounce prendre 'Pron-dra', but without much emphasis on the 'dra' part.
But I think I have a weird accent when I speak French, so someone might want to correct me on that...

Calleigh
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
" Pourriez-vous nous prendre en photo, s'il vous plait ? "

jillrobinson
08-03-2009, 01:44 PM
My Bonsiour is always greeted with English Madame ? I must have an appalling french accent. :rotfl2:

buttercup1982
08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Could anyone tell me how to ask for a stamp please? :confused3

tinksprinkles
08-04-2009, 05:10 AM
un timbre-poste s'il vous plait can be said to ask for a stamp, or je voudrais achete un timbre- poste s'il vous plait, meaning i would like to but a postage stamp please.
un carnet de timbres for a book of stamps.

buttercup1982
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
un timbre-poste s'il vous plait can be said to ask for a stamp, or je voudrais achete un timbre- poste s'il vous plait, meaning i would like to but a postage stamp please.
un carnet de timbres for a book of stamps.
Thank you! :flower3: