PDA

View Full Version : The __th Birthday Gala

PrincessAlways
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok, I know that one of my traveling buddies has already started a PTR, but if I don’t share all of joy & excitement, I’ll burst!!!! :yay: Here we go!!!

The DIS is a great place to talk with other Disney fans & meeting those people is always a special event!! I’ve met all of my buddies, even if only for a few minutes during our separate vacations. One of my pals, has been a friend for over 20 years! Yes, she’s a DISer too!!

Cast….
Myself, the birthday gal. No, :sad2: I will not say the number!!!!!! I refuse to believe I am at that age!!! :eek: OK….my oldest son is 38!!!! OMG!
The other ladies are TaraPa, Minechucie, tiggerfan4me & DFD

I don’t even remember how this all got started, but we had talked about going to Disney for my birthday. Then, it was on the back burner. I kept thinking I couldn’t possibly go in Nov & take our usual family gathering in Dec.!! Well, all of a sudden, the subject surfaced again. Minechucie had posted that she really needed a Disney fix. Hmmmmm, my birthday ????? Ok talking started again. :chat: Maybe this, maybe that. Can I go, can you go. When would we decide if we would go????? :confused3

Now this part all happened within 5 days………. Well DFD had a magic wand :wizard: & figured out we could go to the Treehouses & have lots of room for the (at that time) 4 ladies!!! Ok…are you in? Can you make it? Are you available? What do you think? What do you think? Ok let’s do it!!!. :woohoo:

Not so fast!!! The Treehouse is no longer available! :headache: I knew that would happen. Oh well, we can go to a different resort. Next message……Bay Lake Tower 2 br villa is available. What do you think? Too much? I’m at work, can’t really think!!! "Oh go for it!" Well, by the time I posted that message, a new message was in the inbox……. DONE!!!!! Tara & I made an executive decision!!! OMG, OMG….we’re staying at BLT!!!! :yay::banana:

Since that eventful message, our facebook time has increased about 90%!!!! Most of the posts start with “OMG”!!! We are totally excited!!!! Plus as of yesterday, it was announced that tiggerfan4 me is definitely coming too!!!!! :cool1: How great is that!

We’re having a “meet” next Friday to get together & celebrate our decision & start planning our Grand Birthday Gala weekend!!

The dates for this grand occasion is 11/13-16. Well, a couple of us are going late on 11/12 & staying at a value for he night. Look out Disney World!! These 5 crazy ladies are definitely coming to visit!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:party:

Come along with us!!! :thumbsup2

jcc0621
07-31-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm here...I'm here. Can't wait to hear all about it!:cool1::woohoo::yay:

arilvdc
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow BLT! That's so cool. I can't wait to read more. :)

PrincessAlways
07-31-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm here...I'm here. Can't wait to hear all about it!:cool1::woohoo::yay:
Hi Janet!!! Glad you're here! I thought you'd join in after you return from your trip. Getting excited???? :banana:
Wow BLT! That's so cool. I can't wait to read more. :)
Oh I know!!! :cool1: We can't believe it! When we found out that the Treehouse wasn't available, it was disappointing. But then.........:banana::cool1::woohoo::thumbsup2

KatGarcia
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm in!!! Sounds like a GREAT time!

PrincessAlways
07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm in!!! Sounds like a GREAT time!

Hi Kathy!!! How's the Disney Store??

Glendamax
08-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Hope you have a MAGICAL Bday!

jcc0621
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi Janet!!! Glad you're here! I thought you'd join in after you return from your trip. Getting excited???? :banana:

8 days from today I will be at Pop Century:banana:

PrincessAlways
08-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Hope you have a MAGICAL Bday!
Thanks Glenda! I'm hope it's as magical as yours was!
8 days from today I will be at Pop Century:banana:
:yay: Don't you love when the days are under 10 days away!!! :woohoo:

KatGarcia
08-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi Kathy!!! How's the Disney Store??

Hard work! :) But with the vacation as payoff I am doing a-ok!

PrincessAlways
08-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Hard work! :) But with the vacation as payoff I am doing a-ok!

I think that would be a great payoff too!!! :thumbsup2

Glendamax
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Love the title of your report.... :lmao:

PrincessAlways
08-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Well, it's like this......I cannot bring myself to say, think or write that number!!!! :lmao: Just can't believe it! That's one reason I'm glad I'll be in the place of magic & fantasy!!! :rotfl:

PrincessAlways
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Just realized I didn't post any pics yet. Let's see what I have....

This is tiggerfan4me on the right & I'm on the left. We are enjoying our glass of Rosa Regale! Love that stuff!!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x166/levans1115/DebLinda-082.jpg
Here's TaraPA on the right & myself on the right. Too much of a closeup on me!! :eek: sorry!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x166/levans1115/Disney%20Christmas%202007/DisneyChristmas2007part2-94-1.jpg

I know I have one of Minechuchie. It might take some time to find it.
Also there's a newsflash!!!! We have an additional person coming with us!! She's TaraPA BFF!! :banana: I'm sure she'll fit in just fine. However, I hope TaraPA warns her about us! :lmao: Look out World!!! :rotfl:

PrincessAlways
08-04-2009, 07:14 PM
OK.....I am getting even more excited than before!!! :banana: I've just seen some pics of BLT! In case you'd like to see them, here's a link to the thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2248160
It looks absolutely beautiful!!!! :goodvibes

Since it's my birthday, the ladies have said it's my decision what park & where to eat, etc.....in other words "the day is mine"!! So......what are your suggestions??? :confused3 I figured MK would be a magical place to spend the day!! Restaurant.....I'd like to try The Wave. However I haven't been to LeCellier in quite a long time. What do you think??

PrincessAlways
08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
No opinions????? :confused3:confused3

trickiwoo
08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
November birthdays are the best!!! Mine is the 17th! What day is yours?

I won't be spending this birthday at WDW, but I'll be there in September so it's all good!

I hope you have a very awesome birthday trip!!!

KatGarcia
08-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I say do a character breakfast somewhere and tell them its your birthday, maybe do an extra nice dinner???

PrincessAlways
08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
November birthdays are the best!!! Mine is the 17th! What day is yours?

I won't be spending this birthday at WDW, but I'll be there in September so it's all good!

I hope you have a very awesome birthday trip!!!
Mine is November 15th. As much as you like it in November, I've never liked it. I think it's because I don't like the birthstone. Oh well, can't change it! Plust this year, it will be Great!

I say do a character breakfast somewhere and tell them its your birthday, maybe do an extra nice dinner???
Character breakfast.....if I do that, I think I'd like Chef Mickeys! That's always fun, even when it's not your birthday! Nice dinner, I haven't gotten into LeCellier is a long time. That would be special! :banana:

One of the ladies has a bright Green "It's my birthday" tshirt that she got in Disney on her birthday. She says she will bring it along for me to wear. That will certainly get some attention!! :rotfl2: You can't miss that color!!! :rotfl:

PrincessAlways
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm so excited!! :yay: Tomorrow I'm meeting with most of the ladies to go over our plans so far!!! Of course, we will be adding some things, forgetting some other things, laughing at ourselves for being so excited & celebrate the fact that we're going to Disney World together!!!! :cool1::woohoo::banana:
OMG.....I just can't imagine how excited we're going to be when we're there if we're this excited about the planning!!!! :rotfl2: :dance3::dance3:

jcc0621
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Since it's my birthday, the ladies have said it's my decision what park & where to eat, etc.....in other words "the day is mine"!! So......what are your suggestions??? :confused3 I figured MK would be a magical place to spend the day!! Restaurant.....I'd like to try The Wave. However I haven't been to LeCellier in quite a long time. What do you think??

LeCellier would be my choice:lovestruc

I'm outta here in 3 days so I may not be back before I leave. See you when I get back!:goodvibes

dreamer423
08-06-2009, 08:25 PM
What a great trip you have planned! BIrthdays in the world are great. One day I'd love to go to Dis for a Ladies only!

Oh, and I enjoyed Le Cellier last year and Love Illuminations (or whatever fireworks it will be) and am curious about The Wave. I might go with Cali Grill around fireworks time too.

PrincessAlways
08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
What a great trip you have planned! BIrthdays in the world are great. One day I'd love to go to Dis for a Ladies only!

Oh, and I enjoyed Le Cellier last year and Love Illuminations (or whatever fireworks it will be) and am curious about The Wave. I might go with Cali Grill around fireworks time too.

A "Ladies Only" trip is awesome!!! :woohoo: You don't have to worry about anything but having fun!! :yay:

Yes, I'm very curious about The Wave too. Maybe the other ladies are too. We'll find out today at our little meet!!! :banana:

PrincessAlways
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
LeCellier would be my choice:lovestruc

I'm outta here in 3 days so I may not be back before I leave. See you when I get back!:goodvibes

I do love LeCellier!! :goodvibes
Have a great trip Janet!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

PrincessAlways
08-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Would you believe I had a whole update done & when I went to post....?????:confused3 Oh well, I'm going to try to shorten it, sorry.

Yesterday,4 of the 6 ladies met for a short meeting. After 3 1/2 hours....we finally had to go home! We laughed, we talked, we laughed.....did I say we laughed!!!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: It was sitting around a table with friends we've know for years!:goodvibes

We actually did talk about the trip....a little! Here's some of the tentative plans.

4 of us will be getting in on Thursday 11/11 at different times during the day. We don't know where we'll be staying yet for that night! :confused3 Anyway, that time will probably end up just relaxing.

Day 1 Friday, 11/12....The last 2 of our party will be arriving around noon. We might be heading over to Epcot & make our way around the WS. Perhaps a quick taste of France at the Boulangerie Patisserie. Maybe a chocolate croissant & a moche cappucino! Or cheesecake or chocolate mousse or a strawberry tart.......we could be there awhile!! :rotfl: Hopefully, later in the evening, we'll have an ADR at the Coral Reef.

Now here's the best part......MVMCP will be held that night, so we're heading over to the Poly, grap some Lapu Lapus, head to the beach & watch Xmas Wishes!!!!! :goodvibes Now that's a way to watch fireworks! I have never had a Lapu Lapu, but that's going to be corrected!

We'll have to see how we're feeling after that, :rotfl: but the plan is to go back to Epcot for EMH!! Don't know how long that will last. We'll see!! :thumbsup2

Be back with more!

PrincessAlways
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
:goodvibes

PrincessAlways
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
OK......ADRs are all made!!!! :cool1:

Friday, 11/13----The Wave for lunch....never been there
Saturday, 11/14---Kona Cafe for breakfast.....Tonga Toast!!!! :thumbsup2
Sunday, 11/15 (Bday)---LeCellier for dinner....be still my heart! :lovestruc
Monday, 11/16---Chef Mickey's for breakfast...our goodbye meal :sad1:

I think they're pretty good choices!!!! We all agreed on them, so that's a great! :)

One extra activity might be added. IF the MK Wishes Dessert Party is extended into Nov, we just might splurge & go for it!! You have a reserved spost near the noodle station to enjoy the dessert buffet, Spectro & Wishes. I'm thinking it would be worth the price just not needing to find a space & wait until the festivities begin. Has anyone attended one of the Parties????? Do you think it was worth it?:confused3

PrincessAlways
08-28-2009, 11:26 PM
:surfweb:

Philadisney
09-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Finally getting back on the DIS after weeks of 'real life' getting in the way (booooo)! Here I am, ready to read all about your plans! :surfweb:

PrincessAlways
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Finally getting back on the DIS after weeks of 'real life' getting in the way (booooo)! Here I am, ready to read all about your plans! :surfweb:

Don't you hate when "real life" gets in the way of Disney fun!!! :rotfl: Thanks for visiting!
Well, most of the plans are made as stated previously. Now the hard part starts............waiting.:bored::hourglass I guess it's really not too far off. It's Labor Day weekend already! :yay:

jcc0621
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Eyes finally getting back to normal so I am catching up on all my TR's.

The plans all looks great! LeCellier for your Birthday:woohoo:

CAn't wait to hear more plans!

PrincessAlways
09-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Eyes finally getting back to normal so I am catching up on all my TR's.

The plans all looks great! LeCellier for your Birthday:woohoo:

CAn't wait to hear more plans!

Hi Janet!! Great to hear from you & hear that you're feeling better! I see you have a new ticker!! That's exciting news!!:woohoo: It's something to look forward to!!:banana:

We BLT ladies are getting together again this Saturday to discuss the trip AGAIN!!!! :yay::banana: You know other people just don't understand our excitement! :rotfl: I'll let you know how it turns out!!

PrincessAlways
11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
By tomorrow night......we'll be HOME!!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::thumbsup2

6 crazy DIS ladies at the World!!! Look out!!! :dance3::dance3: