PDA

View Full Version : No Buy August

Pages : [1] 2

Debbie
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Starting this but using Paula's words. ;)

Welcome to No Buy August.

For the regulars, welcome back and to the new posters and lurkers - please feel free to join in at any point.

Purpose of this thread is to try to control your unnecessary spending - some call it the $100 habit where you go for a carton of milk and come out of the store with a trolley load of stuff you didn't really need.

How you do this is up to you and your circumstances. Post your budget (personal or household) and any exceptions. Then your goal is to try to stick to it! Remember that you have to come here and confess. You can post daily if you need to or just as often as you'd like - some find posting daily keeps them on track.

If you are starting out with a budget, most would agree the first step is to write down everything you buy - then critically look at what you are literally throwing away your money on.

Feel free to jump in at any point and ask questions, we share what we are learning along the way with getting our finances into order!

Debbie
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Off to think about my budget.

Groceries Total to date: $6283

food-430
household and pet supplies-10
toiletries- 26
junk food-70
pop-37

I've decided that since this month is an anomaly, I'll just track groceries in the food, household (including pet supplies), toiletries, junk food and pop (gotta do that for DH) categories. All other $$ is going to feel like holding sand in my open fingers. :rolleyes:

1- milk $4 + shampoo $5 + cat treats $1 + pop $5 + misc groceries $2
2- hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, juice, dessert, bananas, fries, iced tea $25 + chips $5
3- $0
4- groceries including $74 + cat food $5 + laundry detergent $4
5- groceries $13
6- bath soap $4 + pop $13 + junk food (tortilla chips at Costco) $7 + food $33 + water softener salt $10
7- Rona for some household stuff $10
8- $0
9- groceries (meat, eggs, etc) $43 + chips $2
10- junk food time! Bulk Barn $9 + groceries $3 + 2 XL drinks at McD's $2
11- $0 (DD bought ME an XL iced tea at McD's :banana: )
12- Costco groceries $58
13- Food Basics $21
14- Get together groceries $67
15- Groceries $30 BUT I used $30 worth of "points" so, the groceries were free. pop $3
16- $0
17- hamburgers/buns $9
18- DARN! I was hoping for a 0 day. DH went grocery shopping and got: wasp spray $12, pop $12 junk food $3 and actual food $20
19- Found "The Bread Store" $12, DH bought junk $6
20- Toiletries $11 + cat supplies $10 + groceries $33
21- Toiletries $5 + junk food for our trip $28 ;)
22- $0
23-28 $0 since we were on our trip
29- We're back and DH is shopping: milk/fruit $9, pop $4, chips $1
30- after Church shop: no meat this week, but "Drumsticks" mmmmm. groceries $12
31- Ending the month with groceries $8 + junk food $7

albertamommyof4
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
August is going to be a bigger month as i have 3 kids to buy school supplies for and there school fees. Almost done clothes shopping and so far only spent $74 last night for that so not bad .
This month i am going to list my $0 days and see how many i have

Blue.Fairy2
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
August is going to be a bigger month as i have 3 kids to buy school supplies for and there school fees. Almost done clothes shopping and so far only spent $74 last night for that so not bad .
This month i am going to list my $0 days and see how many i have

I will try this, did not know could post $0 days that will make it easier for me.

This is a little more difficult for me because we do not have a budget, self employed so do not have a set amount of money coming in.

We need this because we spend way too much eating out.

:hippie:

albertamommyof4
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
I will try this, did not know could post $0 days that will make it easier for me.

This is a little more difficult for me because we do not have a budget, self employed so do not have a set amount of money coming in.

It is tough, we are on a set budget but we do sometimes pull out the debit card lol, hopefully once the kids are in school and all the fees are paid then this will stop lol. I am going to post the 0 days as i cant seem to remember to post everyday with the spending so this will be easier as it is super busy this month

twinnersmama
07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm joining ! We aren't on a budget, but I am trying to make a case to go to WDW in Nov and I really need to cut every bit of extra spending ... I'll try to post my $0 days too.

cjdj4
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
I am going to try $0 days as much as possible, too. We have gone from having a budget to not having a budget so many times. Perhaps, I need a little discipline. Posting here might be good. Dh is planning on a new TV and entertainment center this month, but I won't count that, I guess. I already bought most of DD's back to school stuff. I am a teacher so I tend to spend money on classroom and school supplies in August, BUT I have a ton of stuff. I really don't need to buy anything. I have enough work clothes for now.

Groceries
Gas
Household Bills
Eat out only 1 time a week
Running Sneakers - I need a new pair desperately.

Thanks for making this open to all:)

neatokimmo
07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm in for August. I've not been very successful budget wise since we've moved.

We leave August 29th for Disney so it will be a shorter month for me. If I behave and cut out all the junk, we'll take the extra on the trip! :)

I'll work out the budget now :)

jmkford4
07-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm in!

We are leaving for WDW Sept 18th, and we need spending money. PLus DD8 starts school August 25th. She needs school supplies and her $100 reg fee.

So:

groceries
gas
household bills
running shoes for me and DH
contacts for me :(
spending money for WDW in Sept
School fees
Mom's BD

tinkarooni
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey guys! Haven't posted here on the "No Buy" in a while. I guess I have been buying, a lot. :lmao: Spring is super busy for us. We have chickens and gardens and spend a lot of money on our farm this time of year. I stock the freezer with homegrown beef and pork from a neighbor so I spend a lot now. Than we sit back and reap the rewards the rest of the year. So it's time to get back to no buy.

Here we go. We have a trip to visit family scheduled in August. All the costs are budgeted out, kennel, gas, food etc. Staying with family: FREE. Plan to stick to budget on the trip and eat out of the garden instead of just eating out. Ha Ha.

Also have a trip to the world happening in September, Hooray for free dining. That trip is paid for and spending cash is put aside. I have no excuses for this month.

Good Luck everybody.

paulasillars
07-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Exception 1 - $36 for my World Vision sponsored child
Exception 2 - in Australia on holiday from the 19th

I'm in until the 18th and only reporting on my personal spending rather than household expenses which are otherwise budgeted for.

From the 19th I'm on holiday and that is mostly paid for, the only expenses outstanding for that is 3 nights accommodation in Fremantle (going halves with Mum on that), 1 booked shore excursion to visit some ancient aboriginal sacred rock drawings and tips for dining staff/cabin attendant. I'm going to try to minimise credit card use while I'm away and I might buy the odd thing but I've been to Australia enough times to not want to buy souvenirs etc.

I'm budgeting $100 for "misc" expenses as I'm simply can't think of anything I need to buy between now and the time of going, I might need to get a taxi to the airport if my Dad can't drop us off.

I'm probably working the weekend before I go so that will be additional overtime pay.

I don't plan on leaving the house again today so its the first $0 day of the month. :cool1:

tinkarooni
07-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Exception 1 - $36 for my World Vision sponsored child
Exception 2 - in Australia on holiday from the 19th

I'm in until the 18th and only reporting on my personal spending rather than household expenses which are otherwise budgeted for.

From the 19th I'm on holiday and that is mostly paid for, the only expenses outstanding for that is 3 nights accommodation in Fremantle (going halves with Mum on that), 1 booked shore excursion to visit some ancient aboriginal sacred rock drawings and tips for dining staff/cabin attendant. I'm going to try to minimise credit card use while I'm away and I might buy the odd thing but I've been to Australia enough times to not want to buy souvenirs etc.

I'm budgeting $100 for "misc" expenses as I'm simply can't think of anything I need to buy between now and the time of going, I might need to get a taxi to the airport if my Dad can't drop us off.

I'm probably working the weekend before I go so that will be additional overtime pay.

I don't plan on leaving the house again today so its the first $0 day of the month. :cool1:

You always beat us to that first $0 day. :goodvibes

neatokimmo
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok I'm ready! :)

Groceries - 200
Eating out - 50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 60
Mama Loot - 40
Gas - 60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

Out of the $690 my goal is to just spend $290. I've not saved anything in 2 months and my spending this month was a little nuts. I have several small giftcards to use up this month too!

princessbride6205
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm new to the No Buy thread. We went too crazy in July (dining out, DD's birthday, etc), so I need to get back to our budget.
Exceptions:
* Photo Software - this is not a necessity of course, but photography is our main hobby and we don't take DD to get portraits done - we DIY. We've had bad luck with the free options and want something a little more professional.
* DH and I each get $40/mo. "fun money" - can go out to lunch, buy other non-necessities, etc.
* Dad's birthday gift (no ideas yet) - less than $50
* Fall clothes for DD - $40
* Organization stuff - baskets, bins, etc. (at least I have coupons!)
I'm hoping to keep groceries and dining out much lower than usual, so that I can make up for the "other" purchases.

Piecey
07-31-2009, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't mind jumping in but i'm not sure I really meet the idea behind the thread.

I have three paychecks left of my maternity leave... and my philosophy thus far has been to use that money to "stock up"... so I have been buying boy's clothes that I find on clearance/formula when it is on sale/diapers/etc... so I do have a bit of unnecessary spending that is really going to save us in the future.

I think the thread would help me pinpoint the money that I downright waste though (as I admit to being addicted to Sonic's strawberry slushes!)... so can I still join in?

reginaastralis
08-01-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm in ... I never got around to posting last month, but I tracked at home ... and all I can say is holy crap ... I'm spending more than I have before.

My goal this month is 10 no spend days, and just to reduce spending. LOL. I am not very specific, but I have to start somewhere.

Good luck!

castleview
08-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I so need to get in on this. Just last week I thought I would only need a few things at the store and $175 later...OUCH!

Debbie
08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't mind jumping in but i'm not sure I really meet the idea behind the thread.

I have three paychecks left of my maternity leave... and my philosophy thus far has been to use that money to "stock up"... so I have been buying boy's clothes that I find on clearance/formula when it is on sale/diapers/etc... so I do have a bit of unnecessary spending that is really going to save us in the future.

I think the thread would help me pinpoint the money that I downright waste though (as I admit to being addicted to Sonic's strawberry slushes!)... so can I still join in?

Patsy, that is the beauty of this thread. Everyone sets their own budgetary goals. The thread is just an accountability thing for me. Sometimes, I am right on schedule, others....whew! :rolleyes1 This is an expensive month for me, but most things have been budgeted for. :thumbsup2

So...use the thread in any way that it HELPS you to focus yourself. And :welcome: !

Goofygirl17
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm going to try joining in this month. We don't have a written budget but could really use one. Maybe keeping track this way will help. I'm going to try to spend $0 most days.

Today should be a $0 day since the kids are going to a friend's house and DH and I are staying home getting things ready to sell on ebay :)

Good luck everyone!

Goofygirl

Mrs. Bradbury
08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I would like to try this. I'm not going to include our set household expenses, only the ones that can vary. I use the envelope system for these, paying cash, but tend to borrow from other categories when something comes up. That's what I hope to discover by doing this - perhaps my budget needs tweaking.

My challenge this month is back to school spending for my rising 6th grader.

Here goes:

Groceries - $100/week/$435/month - Only buying essentials or a fantastic buy until freezer is cleaned out $22
Grooming - $20/month $7
Clothing - $70/month + $32 saved from previous months = $102 $56
Misc. - $20/month + $4 saved from previous months = $24 $16
Auto Repair - $30/month + $40 saved = $70 $70
Home Repairs/Maintenance - $40/month + $11 saved = $51 $34
Medical - $40/month $15
Auto Tags - $20/month + $40 saved = $60 $60
School Supplies - $10/month + $30 saved = $40 $-2 (will be returning a couple of things, bringing balance back to positive)

01 - Groceries $18, Clothing $40, School $34, Home Repairs/Maintenance $17, Grooming $6, Medical $10
02 - Groceries $21, School $8
03 - Groceries $2 (needed almonds for a recipe, no way around it - grrrrrr)
04 - Groceries $11, Misc $8 (Rita's Swedish Fish ices - yum!)
05 - Groceries $89
06 - $0 :woohoo:
07 - $0
08 - $0
09 - Groceries $28, Grooming $2
10 - $0 :woohoo:
11 - $0
12 - Groceries $55, Medical $15
13 - $0 :woohoo:
14 - $0
15 - $0
16 - Grooming $5, Clothing $6
17 - $0
18 - $0
19 - Groceries $110
20 - $0
21 - $0
22 - $0
23 - $0
24 - $0
25 - $0
26 - Groceries $79
27 - $0
28 - $0
29 - $0
30 - $0
31 - $0

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm in :wave:

This will be my 39th week tracking my weekly discretionary spending in an excel spreadsheet I created for myself. :)

My goal for August is to keep total spending for the household, not including fixed expenses like insurance, mortgage, and heating/ac/water bills, under $2,000 for a family of four.

Expenses that I will have to work around this month include younger DD's birthday, and tennis and skating lessons for other dd's. (those are definitely discretionary).

I tried to go Cold Turkey in July but had some unexpected issues with extended family crop up, and anticipated spending in August for back to school turned out to occur in July, so I ended up going over in July because of the back to school shopping.

I'm thinking I may try Cold Turkey (which is how many days in a row can you do $0 and literally buy absolutely nothing that you don't NEED), but I have to think about it a little more. Maybe I'll do a hybrid turkey and try for as many $0 days but stick with the original $2k or under budget...

I think it's taken me about 30 weeks of doing written budgeting for me to actually begin to feel comfortable with it. Even with the family stuff in July and the back to school stuff, I still sit down at the computer with my receipts and plug them into the spreadsheet before I do anything else, then stick the receipts in a big manilla envelope. Then at the end of the month if I don't need any of the receipts again I shred them.

I've found if the salespeople put receipts in the bag I lose them (how convenient ;)) so I always hold my wallet open and stick the receipt directly in my wallet so it's there when I get home.

My favorite annoyance of the week in now when I asked for a receipt and the salesperson would still stick it in the bag, and then I'd get snippy and say "can I please have my receipt?" and make them fish it out. For God's sake, is it that hard to hand it to me? :confused3

August 1: $0

annsteere
08-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm so glad cold turkey, no buy July is over.:cheer2:

My big treat this month is a 10 day PH no expire pass:cheer2::cheer2:

At $20 per week that's about half a year's worth of "fun money" but I've got it in my Mickey bank and this is the day to spend. (I also "bonus money" -- half of what I earn doing focus groups, mystery shopping, etc).

Last night I had friends over for drinks on the deck.

SO for the worst first day ever. . .

8/1 $526

tinkarooni
08-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey there everybody, my goal is the same as PP, as many $0 days as possible.

Thought I would have one today but was canning and needed one thing...phooey.

8-1 $1.91 Amish Store

LuvOrlando
08-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Count me in this month. The past few months were very high due to pre-vacation spending (camping, WDW, the shore) and only 1 of the trips actually happened... what a waste, we didn't need that tent this year after all:sad2: July started out well but ended up pretty high with all sorts of spending. This month I want to force myself back into line and maybe you guys can help. Peer pressure isn't always a bad thing:goodvibes

Today we got gas & coffee at Wawa and I paid a neighborhood kid for mowing my lawn while we were away. I have a freezer full of food so maybe I can get away with zero grocery trips? I know that's a high goal but I can try.

I do not have a budget in mind yet for day to day stuff but will work on one ASAP.

Goofygirl17
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Today- me $0, DH about $31. He went to the natural food store for some gluten-free stuff that we can't get at the grocery store. I put off my grocery shopping until tomorrow because I want the coupons from the Sunday paper first. I made my lists for two stores. One store is doubling up to 4 $1 coupons so I want to cut mine before I go. We had frozen pizza and leftover salad for dinner. I also made choc chip cookie dough (made one for each of us and froze the rest) and a batch of brownies while I was baking the pizza. I'm going to freeze most of the brownies.

Tomorrow will not be a $o day due to grocery shopping but I plan on sticking to my list.

Expected purchases this month:
sneakers for me
sneakers for both DDs
school clothes for DDs (only if a good sale since they can start with summer clothes)
school supplies (once we get the lists)
school shoes for DDs

Tiggerish
08-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I am in again and have tightened the budget just a bit more so I can replenish my emergency fund which I dipped into last month to replace my broken eye glasses.

Total discretionary budget for August is $420

Groceries = $120
Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50
Medical = $50
Eating Out = $25
Misc. = $100
================================================== ========

8/1 = $0 :yay:

Where'sPiglet?
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, after several months of not following through with this and a big move at the beginning of July (well, June 30th), I think I'm ready to try this again!

I'm at a new job with a new salary, in a new state, with a new dog and a new car, so this month is going to be interesting to see how much things cost. (Last month I was still on my old salary, and bills are just now coming in for things like electricity.)

My budget for food, gas & car maint., dog, and miscellaneous is about $600 for the month combined. I'll have to double check the budget I made last week.

Possible exceptions for this month (to come out of savings):
-Aerobed for guests (coming in November...looking for a good deal)
-Chairs for our kitchen table (we have none)
-Photo printer (I have one but want a better one...looking for a good deal)
-Desktop computer monitor (again...not urgent so looking for a good deal)

1 - $0 :woohoo:

neatokimmo
08-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I spent $26 at the farmer's market, $7.68 at Lane Bryant on 4 shirts (I love the $15 off of $15 coupons!), $25 on my Mom's birthday dinner, $4.38 on the baby's "half" birthday dvd and $11.49 on the dress she didn't need but I soooo wanted!

So the groceries, birthday food and movie were expected. The shirts were also. So I'm off $11.49 on the first day but for me that is still pretty good :rotfl:

Groceries - 174/200
Eating out - 25/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

$66.87/ $690

ryanshana
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
We close on our first house on Sept 1st. So I REALLY need Aug to be a no buy...So I'll be joining ya for the first time!!!! :cool1:

300~Groceries
60~ photopass share/photobook
200~gas
$0~eating out!!!! (this might be hard)
500~Bills
1000~misc house buying stuff (not like paint or ooooh I want that for the house...but like inspection/appraisal etc)

Even though I ALREADY failed today :-( I really did good sticking on to a budget...I really only bought on thing...probably could have waited till Sept but I wanted to make sure I got it for our upcoming trip! (it was a cars carry on 14.99

1 $234 groceries...this SHOULD last me the whole month minus milk, bread, etc, -14.99 Car carry on for DS.

uncwgrad
08-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I'll be joining you for the first time, too!! I'm really overwhelmed with our spending and lack of a budget...so I'll take this day by day...thanks for the inspiration!

August 2009:
1- $5.85 McDonald's (Happy Meals for kids before going swimming with friends...should have planned ahead!! Oh well...) :sad2:

LJC1861
08-01-2009, 11:52 PM
I am going to give this a try as well this month. Yesterday I went and purchased a $25 gift card for both Walmart and our local grocery store for food purchases. I also purchased a $50 gift card at the same grocery store for gas. That should be all I need to purchase for this pay period. I have already set aside money for all my bills. This leaves $130 left over.....which I am going to try and save $100. I am planning a HUGE trip to WDW in June 2011 in which I am taking my 4 nieces who will be graduating from high school. I need to start saving and planning now and I have decided to make a dedicated effort at it.

I am looking forward to getting to know those on the thread and sharing ideas on how to better handles a very tight budget.

Linda

twinnersmama
08-02-2009, 07:15 AM
The only way I can have a $0 day is if I don't leave the house.

Yesterday (Aug 1) was a "no buy" but we went to a double graduation party, so that was 2 grad cards with money in them. So, I didn't buy anything, but I spent some money.

DH and I have NEVER been on a budget, but for the next 4 months, I am going to try to trim the excess spending WAY down.

Where'sPiglet?
08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Okay, after several months of not following through with this and a big move at the beginning of July (well, June 30th), I think I'm ready to try this again!

I'm at a new job with a new salary, in a new state, with a new dog and a new car, so this month is going to be interesting to see how much things cost. (Last month I was still on my old salary, and bills are just now coming in for things like electricity.)

My budget for food, gas & car maint., dog, and miscellaneous is about $600 for the month combined. I'll have to double check the budget I made last week.

Okay I found the budget sheet I made last week:
Groceries: $200
Eating Out: $100
Gas & Car: $60
Miscellaneous: $250
Total: $610

cjdj4
08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Yesterday did not start me off well. DH and I met my parents for lunch at whole foods, then we went to IKEA, and then we went out for drinks, and then we went to dinner, OY!. Today I plan on going to CVS for a few things, but that should be my only expense today. Tomorrow and Tuesday should be $0

8/1- Lunch $17, Ikea $30, Night out $93- Total $140:scared1:
8/2- CVS $130

lattemomof3
08-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Count me in! I need to track our expenses for a month or 2 so I can make up a budget. I have several planned expenses for this month, including:
*DD's 10th b-day party
*tickets to Little House on the Prarie Broadway show (mom's Christmas gift)
*water park day - 1 or 2
*girlfriends b-days - 2
*hair appt.
*a few school supplies left, and a few school clothes for kids

Going to plan a menu for food for the week, hoping to use a lot of stuff in freezer/pantry

lattemomof3
08-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Aug 1st - not so good! - 30$ valentino's w/ family
- 35$ matinee movie tickets
- 5$ movie snacks from dollar store
- 75$ school supplies for 3
- 20$ socks & undies for kids
- 20$ toilet paper
- 20$ sandals for dh
- 10$ beer for dh, 2$ magazine for
me, and 10$ groceries
Aug 2nd -

neatokimmo
08-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Today will be a zero day :hippie:

Groceries - 174/200
Eating out - 25/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

August 1 - $66.87/ $690
August 2 - zero! $66.87/ $690

Siouxstone
08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I am in, but I have not finished my August budget due to gallbladder surgery on Friday. However, when I try and pull out my spreadsheet to look at my exemptions, the painkillers make my brain fuzzy, so I guess I'll just go for $0 days. But, I am not out shopping, that's for sure.;)

8/1-$0
8/2-$0

neatokimmo~ Holy Cow! Your Natalie has totally blossomed into such a little lady! She's absolutely beautiful and I see she's got one heck of a Disney trip coming up! :goodvibes

lattemomof3
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Aug 2- $41.60 for ds skechers shoes for school - tried on in the mall yesterday but ordered online w/10$ off coupon & free shipping. No more for today - staying home, omelets, toast & strawberries 4 dinner

neatokimmo
08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
neatokimmo~ Holy Cow! Your Natalie has totally blossomed into such a little lady! She's absolutely beautiful and I see she's got one heck of a Disney trip coming up! :goodvibes

I can't believe she is 2.5 now! I've been telling her about the trip for a year now and she finally understands that she'll meet Mickey Mouse and that he IS the size of mommy! lol

Sandi S
08-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm new to the board and just started doing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover with DH. Our goal is to pay off our debts and take the kids to WDW before DD(2) starts kindergarten in 3 years.

I'm glad I found this thread b/c I need motivation and accountability to keep things on the down low.

So far for August (just tracking spending this month):
8/1 - $0 (listed 9 things on eBay - one will definitely sell for at least $44.99)
8/2 - $0 (had a $2.99 BIN ebay!)

Tomorrow I am taking some toys to the consignment shop so hopefully more $ in, but I do plan to have some pleating done at the sewing shop (I smock, but I don't have a pleater). However, I plan to avoid purchasing more fabric (my big weakness).

OnePrincess
08-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm in. This will be my first time joining this thread. I haven't figured out our budget yet but I am going to work on it today.

I'm pretty proud of myself already because I went shopping with a friend yesterday and didn't buy anything. :)

So far:
8/1 - $0
8/2 - $0

Jennia
08-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Phew, FINALLY a month where there isn't too much going on! We're leaving for a convention Friday evening, coming back Sunday morning, but the hotel and our registration fees are already paid (some food included in that), so that's my exception.

Aug 1: $0
Aug 2: $0

Also need to buy a few things at Target tomorrow (like a new contact lens case, lost mine when we visited my parents).

Goofygirl17
08-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Looks like everyone is doing pretty well so far. I spent an unplanned $2.50 today at Dunkin Donuts plus DH bought coffee earlier. Tonight I"m going to set the timer on the coffee maker :)

I got my grocery shopping done. I went to two stores to get the deals. I spent $51.94 at the first store (and saved $33.24) and spent $74.65 at the second store (and saved $21.21). I don't think $127 is too bad for a family of 4. I stocked up on some things that will last us a while too.

Goofygirl17
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Okay, now I'm waaayyy over $0 :)

I went to Staples and bought school supplies for the girls. Total $12
Then I went to the shoe store and got DD10 a messenger bag and a pair of sneakers (she wore her old ones all last year and never got new ones) and DD6 a pair of dress shoes. Total $71 :scared1: But I was expecting that- just not all at once! DD6's shoes were 1/2 price so $10.

So now,

sneakers for me
sneakers for both DDs- $35, -
school clothes for DDs (only if a good sale since they can start with summer clothes)
school supplies (once we get the lists)- $12, $24 (messenger bag)
school shoes for DDs - $10, -

Hopefully tomorrow will be a $0 day!

albertamommyof4
08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
so far no $0 days but i spent almost all the weekly budget lol( don't count the change, or would have about $20 left) but we bought lots of groceries and bought some fabric and chalk cloth as i want to start sewing again. But instead of eating out for lunch and spending @$65 or more for the 6 i went to grocery store and baought $65 worth of groceries and that includes 3 or 4 meals plus our lunch todayso not bad oh and 4 lunches for kids during the week so did good. Tomorrow will be a $0 day as it is a holiday and we are staying home lol.

uncwgrad
08-02-2009, 10:46 PM
August 2009:
1- $5.85 McDonald's (Happy Meals for kids before going swimming with friends...should have planned ahead!! Oh well...)
2- $12.37 Lunch out again! :mad: On a happier note, took my kids to visit some relatives from out of town and went swimming at their hotel's pool...free entertainment for the whole afternoon.)

paulasillars
08-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Lots of new faces this month - yay and welcome!

Doing well so far -
3rd - $0
2nd - $0
1st - $0

Nearly stopped for extra groceries on the way home as we are almost out of fresh vege and have no fruit - but decided to change my mind about what we are having for dinner and will probably get those tomorrow.

I figure if I can push out the spending a day or so each week then I can nearly save a weeks worth of groceries that way LOL

Where'sPiglet?
08-03-2009, 07:24 AM

Okay I found the budget sheet I made last week:
Groceries: $200
Eating Out: $100
Gas & Car: $60
Miscellaneous: $250
Total: $610

Okay....I think I may have under budgeted in some categories for this month, namely clothes. I need to get some new shirts for work and I need to do it this month. Target has shirts that I could wear to work for $6, so that is good. I'll go this week. The problem is that I have to get embroidered uniform shirts for the school I'm working at. We are required to wear a school shirt every Friday, so I think I'm going to get two. I think they run about $15 each. I also forgot that I need to get my hair cut this week. :headache:

2 - $8.74 Walmart groceries, $2 Walmart (newspaper), $13.06 Raising Canes (fast food), $4.98 McDonald's (McFlurries) [$28.78 total]

Groceries: $200 ~ $191.26
Eating Out: $100 ~ $81.96
Gas & Car: $60 ~ $60
Miscellaneous: $250 ~ $248
Total: $610 ~ $581.22

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0

trying to think ahead for the week, I work from home now so gas went from 35/week to 35/month :yay:, groceries probably on friday, girls need new dance shoes (their feet grow so fast), I hesitate to buy dance clothes until they get in there and see what the prevailing syle is for the class (made that mistake before).

I have a bit of a cold today-picked it up when I volunteered at Kindergarten Roundup (DD's helped also), there's nothing more germy than a kindergartener, I swear :sick:-all of us have had a sinusy thing the past week, so maybe another zero day for me today...

Tiggerish
08-03-2009, 09:30 AM

Groceries = $120
Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50
Medical = $50
Eating Out = $25 / $12 left
Misc. = $100
==================================================

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out

princessbride6205
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Aerobed for guests (coming in November...looking for a good deal)
We bought a Coleman brand - in the camping section of Target. Cost about $25-30 for a double/full size and the electric pump. It has lasted us 2 years now (and counting!).

I'm doing okay so far this month. I've been on a selling kick this past week, so I've managed to use earning from that to pay for everything except groceries.
8/1 - "spending neutral" (made $73 in sales to Once Upon a Child, spent $65 on home organization stuff and let DH & DD pick out a few cheap items at thrift store)
8/2 - $62 groceries, $23 dining out (also purchased DD a toddler-size table and chairs set with money she got from relatives for her birthday, won some ebay auctions of clothes for DD but they were all paid with my Paypal acct from my sales)

The other good news is that I won't need the $40 I budgeted for DD's fall clothes. We have enough now to get her through September, I think.

cjdj4
08-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Did great today!

8/1- Lunch $17, Ikea $30, Night out $93- Total $140
8/2- CVS $130
8/3 $0

neatokimmo
08-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I just spent $1 today on a bag of chips and a water cup to go with my lunch - woot!

Groceries - 174/200
Eating out - 24/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

August 3 - $1! $67.87/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Goofygirl17
08-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Not quite a $0 day. I lent DD6 a dollar so she could buy an ice cream bar at the pool :) But that was it. Tomorrow we're going to the free movie at the local theater and then going to the pool again. I'm going to pack snacks and drinks so we won't buy anything.

sneakers for me

LJC1861
08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
For me, so far 3 days in August.....3 $0 days!

I know it might not last, but I am celebrating every $0 day.

Linda

Tiggerish
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Groceries = $120 / $113 left
Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries

uncwgrad
08-03-2009, 09:01 PM
August 2009:
1- $5.85 McDonald's
2- $12.37 Lunch out again!
3- $4.40 Lunch at work, a soda, and bag of cookies from vending machine....but $0 for dinner...ate at in-laws house! :)

Sandi S
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM
8/1 - $0 (listed 9 things on eBay - one will definitely sell for at least $58)
8/3 - $3.46 @ post office, got $9.88 at the consignment shop, spent $29 @ fabric store (pattern mag & pleating for DD smocked dress), $2.79 @ Walmart, $3.98 at TRU on pull-ups (had $30 worth of gift cards & a coupon!), $8 on Disney Princess panties @ Target, $9 worth of food and snacks while doing all this

So today was not so great - even more annoying is I could barely eat my sandwich thanks to some really long-acting novacain from having a filling done, but I was so hungry I had to eat something.

Forevryoung
08-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm joining for the first time as well- DBF and I have a vacation planned for a week (very budget trip) and I will be off for 3 weeks at the end of the summer (no work, no pay).

So far I've had Sat and Sun (8/1 and 8/2) $0

Today (8/3)- Gas $30, Target $13 (work item, snacks on sale for lunches, clearance outfit for BF's baby), Staples $.05 (5 packages of filler paper)... I should return the outfit and save the $3 ;)

Tomorrow will be a budget buster, I am hoping to mail in my paperwork for Licensure. 2 checks will be written totaling nearly $600! :eek:

I really want to reign in my spending. I should have more money in the savings account than I do. However, I have no debt (I'm young, no house or family).

Where'sPiglet?
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
2 - $8.74 Walmart groceries, $2 Walmart (newspaper), $13.06 Raising Canes (fast food), $4.98 McDonald's (McFlurries) [$28.78 total]
3 - $0 :woohoo:

Groceries: $200 ~ $191.26
Eating Out: $100 ~ $81.96
Miscellaneous: $250 ~ $248
Total: $610 ~ $581.22

Goofygirl17
08-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Today I'm hoping to stick to my $0 spending. We're going to the free movie at the local theater and then to the pool.

8/1 $0 (DH $31)
8/2 $2.50-DD, $127 groceries, $12 Staples, $71 Famous Footwear
8/3 $1 (DD6 ice cream)
8/4

sneakers for me

Good luck everyone!

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110 into the disney fund

Today I'm going with my MIL to look for a new car for her. As it turns out one of my favorite cars in the world, the lexus rx450h, is on her list of cars to look at today since she can trade in her clunker for it (the lexus is a hybrid).

I will probably never own a car that expensive, but I can certainly enjoy looking at them. They'll probably kick me out of the dealership for drooling all over the seats :rotfl:

OnePrincess
08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I had another $0 day yesterday and today should be another one as I don't plan on doing anything after work except for going home and cleaning house.

8/1 - $0
8/2 - $0
8/3 - $0

Ava
08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Huh. I thought I posted in here yesterday but I guess it didn't post. I made myself a spreadsheet to track spending for this month. I think that will help me keep track better on a daily basis, and remember to write down the little things.

My exceptions are:
- Dress for my cousin's wedding. I'm in the bridal party, but we can each choose our own style of dress as long as it's the right color (David's Bridal apple red). So I'm hoping to find a dress on eBay. I can go to the store to try on a few sizes, and my mom can do basic alterations. Goal is under $100.
- Haircut for me. I might push this off until next month, but if I do it the budget is $50.

So far this month I've spent $34.71 on groceries and $0.85 on a soda.

Where'sPiglet?
08-04-2009, 04:08 PM
4 - $29.30 Rouses (groceries), $56.64 Target, $10.17 Quiznos, $0.83 Walgreens, $4.39 Office Depot [$101.33 total]

Groceries: $200 ~ $161.96
Eating Out: $100 ~ $71.79
Miscellaneous: $250 ~ $188.14
Total: $610 ~ $479.89

I also bought (from my exceptions list and taken from savings) 4 kitchen chairs for my table and an Aerobed = $278.32 total.

I know that the Coleman ones are cheaper but I've had horrid luck with those, and I have a stained concrete floor (it sounds weird but looks nice) so I need the mattress to NOT deflate at 2 am every night. Ouch! :rotfl:

cjdj4
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I am not even going to write the amount of $ we spent today, but DH got his new TV and TV stand. We were planning on it, but still it hurt to part with the money.

8/2- CVS $130
8/3- $0
8/4- A LOT

Planning on tomorrow and Thurs. being $0

Goofygirl17
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I think I need to get better at saying no. I spent $9 at the free movie to buy snacks for DDs. Other than that I didn't spend anything. Actually I did spend $10 in copay for 2 rx but I also got 2 $25 gift cards with them at CVS :cool1:

8/1 $0 (DH $31)
8/3 $1 (DD6 ice cream)
8/4 $9 at the "free movie", $10 copay at CVS but got $50 in gift cards

sneakers for me

Sandi S
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I think I need to get better at saying no. I spent $9 at the free movie to buy snacks for DDs. Other than that I didn't spend anything. Actually I did spend $10 in copay for 2 rx but I also got 2 $25 gift cards with them at CVS :cool1:

The "free" movie can be tough. Luckily, I have a friend who sneaks in practically and entire snack bar and I go very early to get the very limited tickets.

Sandi S
08-04-2009, 06:40 PM
8/1 - $0 (listed 9 things on eBay - one will definitely sell for at least $58)
8/3 - $3.46 @ post office, got $9.88 at the consignment shop, spent $29 @ fabric store (pattern mag & pleating for DD smocked dress), $2.79 @ Walmart, $3.98 at TRU on pull-ups (had $30 worth of gift cards & a coupon!), $8 on Disney Princess panties @ Target, $9 worth of food and snacks while doing all this
8/4 $0.27 for lunch (I had a $5 GC to a local sub shop - treated myself before a dentist appt)

I spent $50 at the dentist, BUT I don't count that (necessity and I have Aflac so I'll be getting that $ back).

Anyone else staring down an upcoming tax-free weekend??? :scared1:

Total extra IN: $70.87
Total discretionary OUT: $48.50

Current total: $22.37

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Aug. 4 $51,687 New lexus Rx450h for me.

Kidding!!!

Seriously, MIL and I left the dealership feeling completely ripped off and hosed, and we didn't even buy anything :rotfl:. I now totally appreciate my paid-for car. Sheesh are new cars expensive!

Evidently cash for clunkers was suspended today so we had a next to impossible time pinning the salesguy down on the price-his best out the door was msrp+tax tag and title. Um, yeah, no thanks. Now that MIL has driven the cars she's going to go through Costco or USAA to get the best price, since the salesguy couldn't do that for her.

For real, though, I did get DDs' shoes (tap and hip hop) and dance clothes (clearance at Ross-I really scored on those) so:

Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38

Where'sPiglet?
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Actually I did spend $10 in copay for 2 rx but I also got 2 $25 gift cards with them at CVS :cool1:

At Target today I got a $5 gift card for buying 2 bags of dog food. So, I got two 8 lb bags of puppy food (Purina) for 9.99 each (on sale from $10.49), then I got a free $5 gift card. I felt pretty good about that...especially because I already have a $10 gift card for Target that I forgot to bring...AND, they were out of the drapes I needed (we bought one when we needed two packages ...oops) and they cost 17.99 so now they will be almost free by the time I get them! :cool1:

Anyone else staring down an upcoming tax-free weekend??? :scared1:

Sort of...there will be no state tax here in Louisiana this weekend, so you can save 4%. However, there WILL be parish [county] tax, and that runs about 5%. If I had a big purchase to make, this would be a good weekend to do it. A computer monitor is on my exceptions list for this month, so maybe I'll get that this weekend. :confused3 Otherwise, I expect the stores to be busy and I plan to stay far far away!

Aug. 4 $51,687 New lexus Rx450h for me.

Kidding!!!

Seriously, MIL and I left the dealership feeling completely ripped off and hosed, and we didn't even buy anything :rotfl:. I now totally appreciate my paid-for car. Sheesh are new cars expensive!

Evidently cash for clunkers was suspended today so we had a next to impossible time pinning the salesguy down on the price-his best out the door was msrp+tax tag and title. Um, yeah, no thanks. Now that MIL has driven the cars she's going to go through Costco or USAA to get the best price, since the salesguy couldn't do that for her.

LOL!

I bought a new car last month. I got a Honda Fit Sport. I am loving it! :goodvibes

My DH did the majority of the financial legwork for me. I knew exactly what I wanted, but didn't know how to get it. We were able to get a better price than either Costco or USAA could offer, and we got better financing than what the dealer could offer. We used Capital One Auto (we googled auto loans to compare rates (or bankrate?); they were the lowest) and we emailed a bunch of local dealers to ask them what they could offer on the car I wanted. The only car dealer we set foot in was the one we bought from. Salespeople on the lots are paid on commission, the internet manager (the one who will give you the price on email) is paid on how many cars they sell (or so we read online in many places), so they are more motivated to give you a better price - especially if you tell them you got a lower price from another dealer.

neatokimmo
08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
So I blew $3.82 on breakfast this morning. But at least is was a BOGO offer so I have breakfast waiting for me at work. I also bought a coke for $1.25 - blah.

I picked up groceries today, got lots of great deals. Spent $26.44 which pleased me, we are now officially jam packed full of food in the fridge and freezer and I have milk for next week too. I'm hoping to have a bread and fruit only trip next week :goodvibes

I also spent $109 in start up costs for a little business but I've decided not to count that in my personal $$. I bought it with my 3.25% cc so I'll eat the interest on it until I make enough to pay the start ups :)

Groceries - 147.56/200
Eating out - 18.93/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

August 4 - $31.51 $99.38/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Siouxstone
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM
8/1-$0
8/2-$0
8/3-$75 groceries
8/4-$35 petsmart, $25 Sam's

I took advantage of my mom being here to have her do some shopping for me. I'm staying put per my surgeon until I get the staples out on Thursday. I know some people are right back to work within a day or two after surgery, but dang, my tummy is still black and blue. The surgeon said it may be worse because of how long my attack was last week, and how bad it was when he got it out, but still... I'm a little stir crazy. Forgive my ramblings.;) blah, blah, blah...

I may stop at Redbox tomorrow for a movie when I take DS to preschool. My mom left me Australia from her Netflix when she left today and it made my day much better to have a movie.

Debbie
08-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm staying put per my surgeon until I get the staples out on Thursday. I know some people are right back to work within a day or two after surgery, but dang, my tummy is still black and blue. The surgeon said it may be worse because of how long my attack was last week, and how bad it was when he got it out, but still... I'm a little stir crazy.

Feel better soon, Susie!

OnePrincess
08-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I ended up spending a little bit yesterday. DD and I went out to dinner with a friend. I did use a coupon so that helped me out some. Today should be a good day.

8/1 - $0
8/2 - $0
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $14.85 (dinner)

Mrs. Bradbury
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I can't wait to get back on my regular schedule. Normally I buy groceries on Wednesday, and gas up the car on Saturday or Sunday, and that's it. Very little buying due to our very tight budget. But because of back to school I've had to buy something every single day so far this month!!! :scared1:

School is back in session now and it's Wednesday (grocery day!), so hopefully there are lots of $0 days to come. :thumbsup2

Ava
08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
8/1: -$27.46 grocery
8/2: -$3.05 grocery
8/3: -$0.85 soda, +$20.00 sold old cell phone
8/4: -$0.85 soda, -$20.00 laundry
8/5: +$50.00 sold co-sleeper, -$2.99 comic, -$1.75 soda

Total: +$13.05

Where'sPiglet?
08-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Ava - I used to live in the Bronx and I found it was very difficult to do $0 days there due to the lifestyle of a lot of small shopping trips and walking/mass transit everywhere and popping into places to get a drink/snacks.

Today was GOING to be a $0, stay home day, but now I'm going out to meet a friend at the Aquarium. I have a membership to the aquarium will be free, but I'll need to pay for parking and I might go out and get beignets or lunch afterward, so now it won't be a $0 but that's okay. I'd rather go out and have a nice time within my budget than letting my budget control me. ;)

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Today was GOING to be a $0, stay home day, but now I'm going out to meet a friend at the Aquarium. I have a membership to the aquarium will be free, but I'll need to pay for parking and I might go out and get beignets or lunch afterward, so now it won't be a $0 but that's okay. I'd rather go out and have a nice time within my budget than letting my budget control me. ;)

I think it's less about the budget "controlling you" and more about planning ahead with the spending.

If I looked at it like my budget was controlling me, I'd resent it and I'd fail in no time.

I try and look at it like I'm making decisions to spend some days, and figuring out how what will happen money-wise before I go out.

If I had to always stay at home to have $0 days I'd go nuts. I do try and plan days where we go to parks and libraries (although since they switched from renewal every two weeks from every three weeks i keep getting fines :headache:), and bringing snacks with us so we don't get tempted by mcdonalds, so we can go do stuff without spending.

princessbride6205
08-05-2009, 10:55 AM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/2 - $62 groceries, $23 dining out
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $2 coffee (out of my $40/mo. "fun money"), $9 Target (clearance tank top, coupon organizer & mailing tape for all the stuff I've been selling)
8/5 - planning on $0!

I'm glad I didn't spend any more on clothes for DD this past weekend. I spoke to my mom and she bought a bunch of stuff on sale at Carter's yesterday, including stuff for next spring/summer!
I've turned DH into a coupon & free food junkie! He loves going out to eat for lunch, so he's been figuring out how to stretch his "fun money" the farthest. Today he's going to Arby's, because you get a free roast beef sandwich with purchase of a drink. He writes to all the fast food restaurants when they have specials and coupons, too. :rotfl: Oh, and I'm not keeping track of the fun money DH spends - he has an envelope with $40 cash, so that's that.

Jennia
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Aug 3: $65 at Target (snacks for our mini trip this weekend, clothes for DH, baby shower present)
Aug 4: $0

albertamommyof4
08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
August 4th- my first $0 day of the month yay i am so happy lol
August 5th- $0 day as well as staying home

Ava
08-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Ava - I used to live in the Bronx and I found it was very difficult to do $0 days there due to the lifestyle of a lot of small shopping trips and walking/mass transit everywhere and popping into places to get a drink/snacks.
It is, I don't shoot for $0 days so much as just avoiding unnecessary spending. My biggest problem is buying drinks/snacks while at work. I often go to the newsstand with my co-workers for the "break" and end up buying something. I'm trying to bring things from home more so I don't NEED to buy that overpriced candy from the newsstand guy! We also recently discovered that there is a Stop 'n Shop in walking distance from our apartment. (We always thought it was too far, but my partner found a short cut.) So we're trying to do one large grocery shop per week there and fill in perishables from the local store or farmer's market.

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0

tomorrow is open house for the kids' school, I'm going in early to help, I can always count on lemonade and graham crackers being on hand at school, it should be a zero day...

I ran out of laundry detergent today, but I don't want to go food shopping until friday. Darn it, I guess I just can't do laundry for a few days ;).

Tiggerish
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Groceries = $120 / $84 left
Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0

annsteere
08-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Aug 1st - not so good! - 30$ valentino's w/ family
- 35$ matinee movie tickets
- 5$ movie snacks from dollar store
- 75$ school supplies for 3
- 20$ socks & undies for kids
- 20$ toilet paper
- 20$ sandals for dh
- 10$ beer for dh, 2$ magazine for
me, and 10$ groceries
Aug 2nd -

Hey Lattemom, you and I have a bad start. We are BOUND to get better as August rolls along.

The great thing about this thread is that we encourage those who fall off the wagon to jump back on. (Not to mention that we let everybody design their own wagon).

neatokimmo
08-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Bought $10 in gas and $1.08 on a brownie.

Groceries - 147.56/200
Eating out - 17.85/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 50/60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

August 5 - $11.08 $110.46/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

cjdj4
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
This is hard! LOL, I guess that is why it's a personal challenge.

8/2- CVS $130
8/3- $0
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey Lattemom, you and I have a bad start. We are BOUND to get better as August rolls along.

The great thing about this thread is that we encourage those who fall off the wagon to jump back on. (Not to mention that we let everybody design their own wagon).

Design your own wagon, that's a cool idea. :)

Bought $10 in gas and $1.08 on a brownie.

I'm so tired this morning I read it as $10 worth of brownies and I was like, yeah, I've been there. Oh, no, wait...:rotfl:

I have no idea what open house at the kids elementary school's going to cost me today, I have two yearbooks to buy (this is the first year I'm not making them share), agendas, tee shirts, augh, last year it cost me $80 at the other school, I don't know what this one will be like ( I think cheaper, though).

Where'sPiglet?
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
4 - $29.30 Rouses (groceries), $56.64 Target, $10.17 Quiznos, $0.83 Walgreens, $4.39 Office Depot [$101.33 total]
5 - $5.00 Cafe du Monde, $1.36 soda @ Target, $4.34 Arby's [$15.70 eating out], $17.11 school uniform shirt, $4.56 Target, $2.50 parking in FQ [$24.17 misc] [$34.87 total]

Groceries: $200 ~ $161.96 left
Eating Out: $100 ~ $61.09 left
Miscellaneous: $250 ~ $163.97 left
Total: $610 ~ $445.02

Today will not be a $0 day either; I am going out to lunch with some friends, getting my hair cut, washing the car, and getting gas.

This is my last week of summer break (I'm a teacher), so this week has been VERY errand and get-together heavy in an attempt to get it all in before I go to work!

Goofygirl17
08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Sandi S- I think I'll bring candy in my purse for the next free movie. The theater was practically empty both times we went so no worry about limited tickets! We have a tax free weekend coming up but there's no tax on things under $50 so it doesn't make much difference to us.

Kickapoo- Can you imagine ever spending over $50,000 for a car?! :scared1: Even if I had that much I can't see it.

Where's piglet- Don't you love free gift cards? :) Do you know if the Honda Fit sport comes in a standard shift? We're going to need a new car sometiime fairly soon.

Kim- You're little girl is adorable!

Susie- Hope you feel better.

Everyone seems to be doing well! I didn't spend anything yesterday because I spent most of the day (from 11 on) in bed with a migraine. DH ended up taking the girls out for Burger King for dinner though so that's about $10.

8/1 $0 (DH $31)
8/3 $1 (DD6 ice cream)
8/5 $10 (approx)

sneakers for me

I'm not sure what our plans are for today. I still have a headache but at least it's not pounding. I'm probably going to just take is easy and putter around the house cleaning- that's free :)

Where'sPiglet?
08-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Where's piglet- Don't you love free gift cards? :) Do you know if the Honda Fit sport comes in a standard shift? We're going to need a new car sometiime fairly soon.

Yes, it does.
Here's the 2009 Honda Fit specifications page. (http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/specifications.aspx)

We decided to go with the sport model instead of the basic because it came with cruise control, the keyless entry, and a USB port for music. Also, when we went to get the car, they didn't have any basic models - only sport models, and I didn't want to wait for them to get the other model in.

I am loving my car :goodvibes - especially the magic seats. There is a TON of storage space, particularly for a car of it's size.

Goofygirl17
08-06-2009, 09:52 AM
We have a 1997 honda civic right now. It has 210,000 miles on it and still gets 33 mpg. It's only a 2 door but we kept it for our commuter car when we had kids. We also have a Subaru outback that has 130,000 miles. They are both eating oil right now so we have to decide what to get as a replacement.

I'll have to check out the Hondas since ours has lasted so long and gets such great mileage.

Sandi S
08-06-2009, 09:57 AM
We have a 1997 honda civic right now. It has 210,000 miles on it and still gets 33 mpg. It's only a 2 door but we kept it for our commuter car when we had kids. We also have a Subaru outback that has 130,000 miles. They are both eating oil right now so we have to decide what to get as a replacement.

I'll have to check out the Hondas since ours has lasted so long and gets such great mileage.

I have to give a shout out for Toyota Corollas. My first car was a 93 Corolla and I drove it for over 210,000 miles. When my mom got a new Corolla last August, we swapped her 95 Corolla with 110,000 miles on it for our 93 (and she got $2,000 trade-in). Those Corollas are fantastic cars! (I also have a Toyota Sienna and love it, too!)

Sandi S
08-06-2009, 09:59 AM
8/1 - $0 (listed 9 things on eBay - one will definitely sell for at least $64)
8/4 $0.27 for lunch (I had a $5 GC to a local sub shop - treated myself before a dentist appt)
8/5 $0
8/6 $0

I just listed our crib on Craigslist so I'm hoping for another $100 there!

Total extra IN: $76.87
Total discretionary OUT: $48.50

Current total: $28.37

OnePrincess
08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Spent some money yesterday but still not bad. Had a late meeting so DD and I decided to grab dinner on the way home because there was no way I was cooking at 8:00. I don't have any plans for today so it should be a $0 day.

8/1 - $0
8/2 - $0
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $14.85 (dinner)
8/5 - $8.48 (dinner) $4.66 (milk & snack for dd)

Jennia
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Aug 3: $65 at Target (snacks for our mini trip this weekend, clothes for DH, baby shower present)
Aug 5: $0

Tiggerish
08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Another vote for the Toyota Corolla. Mine is a '99 with 197,000 and in the ten years I have owned it, I have spent less than $1,500 in repairs excluding oil changes and tires. I get 28 in the city and 35 to 38 on the highway. My mechanic says I should be able to get to 250,000 with the engine but I am getting rust and all the plastic interior parts are pretty shabby. However, I LOVE this car and intend to drive it until bondo will no longer hold it together.

Today should be another $0 day for me unless something unexpected comes up.

Mrs. Bradbury
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I am loving my car :goodvibes - especially the magic seats.

Tell me more about these magic seats :listen: :scratchin :teeth:

Debbie
08-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Groceries Total to date: $188

food-138
household and pet supplies-10
toiletries-10
junk food-12
pop-18

I've decided that since this month is an anomaly, I'll just track groceries in the food, household (including pet supplies), toiletries, junk food and pop (gotta do that for DH) categories. All other $$ is going to feel like holding sand in my open fingers. :rolleyes:

1- milk $4 + shampoo $5 + cat treats $1 + pop $5 + misc groceries $2
2- hanburgers, hotdogs, buns, juice, dessert, bananas, fries, iced tea $25 + chips $5
3- $0
4- groceries including $74 + cat food $5 + laundry detergent $4
5- groceries $13
6- bath soap $4 + pop $13 + junk food (tortilla chips at Costco) $7 + food $33

The above tracking doesn't include the $2372 that I paid on the credit card today. The anniversary trip is now fully paid for. :banana:

wdwfan16
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
This seems interesting. I will try it. I will only show $0 days. I keep a detailed budget at home.

From my receipts so far:

8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0

The next chance will be on 8/8.

Ava
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Fell off the wagon today - I bought soda, M&M's, and 2 scratch-offs from the newsstand. Grand total wasted on junk = $6.75

lattemomof3
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Whew, after today is over, the rest of Aug. should look much better, then school supplies, school clothes, and dd's party will be over. Having 10 9 year olds for a sleepover tonight:scared1:
Aug 3rd - $3 movies for kids (raining all day)
4th - $7 dinner @ golf course (I subbed for a friend &
we have to buy dinner)
5th - $38 groc's Wal mart, $34 pillows for 3 kids beds,
$23 school supplies (done!), $24 lunch for 3 @
Culvers, $15 misc. for b-day party, 3$latte-see
my siggy;) I usually make 1 @ home daily, but
on the rare occasion I'm near a Starbucks it is a
done deal! $24 b-day cake from DQ, Tacos for 5
$11
6th - $80 Justice online 40% off school clothes (done w/ all
school clothes & supplies for 3 kiddos! Hooray!)
$25 baby shower gift for cousin
$29 groceries
$60 pizza for 12 people b-day party

cjdj4
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/3- $0
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51

I cannot wait to go back to work. I never spend money during the school day. I am a teacher. I make no money in the summer, and that is when I spend the most! Hopefully, tomorrow will be $0 :guilty:

neatokimmo
08-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I stink at this.

$8 on lunch (I know, I know) and $1.25 on a coke.

Groceries - 147.56/200
Eating out - 7.60/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 50/60
YardSale cash - 50
Misc - 200

August 6 - $9.25 $119.71.$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690[/QUOTE]

Where'sPiglet?
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Tell me more about these magic seats :listen: :scratchin :teeth:

The back seats fold down to be completely flat. This makes the storage area behind the front seats quite large. Or, you can fold the back seats UP so that you have a divider between the back storage area and the seats. They move VERY easily - I can put them up or down with one hand. :thumbsup2

albertamommyof4
08-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Today was a pretty good day but not a $0 day lol we went out for subs and spent $42 for family of 6

paulasillars
08-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Doing ok so far - might do some spending over the weekend though ;)

7th - $0
6th - $0
5th - $0
4th - $8.50 for lunch out of the office
3rd - $0
2nd - $0
1st - $0

Goofygirl17
08-07-2009, 08:34 AM
We're heading to the pool for swimming today. DDs will want ice cream but I'm going to pack snacks and we'll see. I still have this stupid migraine so I don't feel like going but we stayed home yesterday.

8/1 $0 (DH $31)
8/3 $1 (DD6 ice cream)
8/5 $10 (approx)
8/6 $0 (DH got milk for us @ $3)
8/7 ?

sneakers for me

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Kickapoo- Can you imagine ever spending over $50,000 for a car?! :scared1: Even if I had that much I can't see it.

Yeah, I realized I don't think I ever could unless my income is substantially above what it is now. The longest car payment we ever had was a 3 year at 3% for our current car, and it's been paid off for 4 years (we paid it off early), and I would really like the next car to be a cash only purchase like DH's corolla was in 'o4, and I just can't see having 50k on top of retirement/college/emergency fund savings. It might happen, but in reality that SUV devalues over 10k in one year, I'd much more likely save 35k and buy a slightly used one and keep it for 10 years.

I have to give a shout out for Toyota Corollas. My first car was a 93 Corolla and I drove it for over 210,000 miles. When my mom got a new Corolla last August, we swapped her 95 Corolla with 110,000 miles on it for our 93 (and she got $2,000 trade-in). Those Corollas are fantastic cars! (I also have a Toyota Sienna and love it, too!)

Another vote for the Toyota Corolla. Mine is a '99 with 197,000 and in the ten years I have owned it, I have spent less than $1,500 in repairs excluding oil changes and tires. I get 28 in the city and 35 to 38 on the highway. My mechanic says I should be able to get to 250,000 with the engine but I am getting rust and all the plastic interior parts are pretty shabby. However, I LOVE this car and intend to drive it until bondo will no longer hold it together.

We also have a corolla, DH wishes he had something "sexier" but we just can't justify selling it because it's so reliable and fuel efficient. We just wish it weren't so boring sometimes :rotfl2:.

MIL is buying the Lexus ES350 today with a clunker trade in. Out the door price after the trade in is right at 30k, that's not bad for a new flagship lexus that gets 28 mpg on the highway! She's a helluva negotiator.

Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 6 $140 PTA. Augh!!!!!!

Today is food shopping and the library so won't be zero, I'm shooting for sunday and next monday to be zero, saturday I have to buy crafts for the neighborhood ice cream party (that's my part).

Ava
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
8/1: -$27.46 groceries
8/2: -$3.05 groceries
8/3: -$0.85 soda, +$20.00 sold old cell phone
8/4: -$0.85 soda, -$20.00 laundry
8/5: +$50.00 sold co-sleeper, -$2.99 comic, -$1.75 soda
8/6: -$1.75 soda, -$4.00 lotto scratch offs, -$1.00 candy, -$4.68 groceries

Total: +$1.62

Going out to lunch with cousins today when they get in to town, and will probably also order in dinner since we haven't been food shopping yet this week and have nothing in the house to feed guests. Will try to keep the total under $50.

princessbride6205
08-07-2009, 11:41 AM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $2 coffee, $9 Target
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - Planning on $0!

Exceptions:
* Photo Software
* DH and I each get $40/mo. "fun money" - can go out to lunch, buy other non-necessities, etc. I'll track my fun money above, but DH just gets his envelope with $40 cash and that's that.
* Getting a passport (I really should have renewed years ago, but now there is a slim chance I'll need to go to Europe for work - not that work will pay for the passport!)
Paid with income from items sold:
* (Fall clothes for DD - $40)
* (Organization stuff - baskets, bins, etc.)

lattemomof3
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Aug 7th - 0$:woohoo: finally! Survived the sleepover (barely;))
Aug 8th - $15 dinner for 5 @ park stand, $30 for ride tickets, $125 groceries walmart, $8 smoothies for 3(never again, next time, will make them wait until we get home for smoothies made by mom- they did not even finish them!)
Aug 9th -0$ - family day @ home, grilled chicken by dad & playing Disney Monopoly
Aug 10th - $33.55 groceries
$11 swimming pool w/ 4 kids
$snacks @ pool (brought my own frozen bottled waters)
-having dds friend spend night, was tired from pool but still made them homemade taco pizza, corn, watermelon & rootbeer floats-
progress!

Where'sPiglet?
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
5 - $5.00 Cafe du Monde, $1.36 soda @ Target, $4.34 Arby's [$15.70 eating out], $17.11 school uniform shirt, $4.56 Target, $2.50 parking in FQ [$24.17 misc] [$34.87 total]
6 - $15 lunch, $2.20 coffee [$17.70 eating out], $12.56 gas, $6 car wash [18.56 car] [$36.26 total]

Eating Out: $100 ~ $43.89 left
Gas & Car: $60 ~ $41.44 left
Total: $610 ~ $408.76 left

cjdj4
08-07-2009, 02:13 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/3- $0
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51
8/7- Staples $11.77, Dollar General $6.42

Tiggerish
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50
Medical = $50
Eating Out = $25 / $4 left
Misc. = $100

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out

I had to eat out because I had a toliet leak at 4 AM :scared1:and had to have the water off until the plumber could work on it today. Fortunately, the landlord is covering the cost of the repair.

Debbie
08-07-2009, 05:38 PM
It sure is a good thing that I am only tracking grocery/household this month! I paid up the first term for DD's tuition/residence/meal plan today and THEN I ordered a new digital camera. :scared1: Mine's a 2 mega pixel, and I'd like to have some nice pics of our trip in 2 weeks. It will likely be the only time I get to the Poly, so . . . . :blush: Both of those items went on the credit card, and I won't have to pay for groceries for a while, though, since that what my reward points are :rotfl:

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 7 $253 Target, Auugghhhh!!!!!, $12.30 library fine Auggghhh!!!!!

I'm $266 OVER already on my spreadsheet. I'm going to have to be seriously careful when the kids go back to school on monday. I think it will be easier, I tend to spend a lot more money when the kids are around and gearing up for back to school. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it...:headache::laughing:

neatokimmo
08-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I still stink at this.

$3.98 on lunch and $1.25 on a coke. $8.25 at a yard sale and $28 in gas. The gas and yard sale stuff is fine, it is the lunch. I was so excited to be leaving for work early so I could hit the yard sales that I forgot about food. When I post every day's expenses, it is easy to see where my little bit extra goes every month.

Groceries - 147.56/200
Eating out - 2.37/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 41.75/50
Misc - 200

August 7 - $41.48 $161.19/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Siouxstone
08-08-2009, 10:24 AM
8/1-$0:thumbsup2
8/2-$0:thumbsup2
8/3-$75 groceries
8/5-$0:thumbsup2
8/6-$58 Target, $33 dinner
8/7-$4 Redbox

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I am much better now that I got my staples out. Turns out I have severe reactions to surgical stainless steel. I guess its a good thing I never had anything, um, "delicate" pierced!:rotfl: I've had most restrictions lifted and I go back to work on Monday!:banana:

I do have some grocery shopping to do this weekend, but I have to pick up my August schedule before I can plan meals. And, this house... well, it looks like I haven't done anything for a few weeks!:scared1:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

dismom9761
08-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I have been skimming through and am trying to form my own budget,We HAVE to get a handle on our spending.:sad2:We have been working hard to pay off our debt and now only have the house and two credit cards left.Big improvement from where we were...

Am I right that you don't include utilities,etc?

Groceries,gas,etc?

Debbie
08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I have been skimming through and am trying to form my own budget,We HAVE to get a handle on our spending.:sad2:We have been working hard to pay off our debt and now only have the house and two credit cards left.Big improvement from where we were...

Am I right that you don't include utilities,etc?

Groceries,gas,etc?

You decide exactly what you want to include. I usually include groceries, gas, miscellaneous (not officially budgeting and tracking that this month because of my trip and getting DD to university, although I have mentioned both). The miscellaneous" category is for those unexpected purchases and bills that crop up. We don't eat out, but those that do budget for that. Decide what will work best for you. And :welcome:

Where'sPiglet?
08-08-2009, 11:24 AM
You decide exactly what you want to include. I usually include groceries, gas, miscellaneous (not officially budgeting and tracking that this month because of my trip and getting DD to university, although I have mentioned both). The miscellaneous" category is for those unexpected purchases and bills that crop up. We don't eat out, but those that do budget for that. Decide what will work best for you. And :welcome:

I have a slightly different definition of "miscellaneous" than Debbie does. I consider my "misc." category to be things that I get from Target or CVS - stuff like household cleaners, toiletries, etc. It also includes small impulse purchases like books or DVDS. On my budget sheet, I have separate categories for misc., clothes, dog stuff, gifts, and health (i.e. prescription copays), but for this thread I combine them all into a single misc. category.

Larger purchases I don't do on impulse, I will hold out on those (unless it's some sort of emergency purchase and then it's in Misc.) and consider them exceptions and take them from my savings.

That's the beauty of this thread - YOU design your own categories and definitions for them, as well as how much money you intend to spend for each category. :thumbsup2

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, annsteere said "design your own wagon".

That's so you can recognize it when you fall off-mine's already on its way off a cliff :lmao:

It's the gold colored one with disney stickers all over it and dollar bills flying off of it.

Schmoodle
08-08-2009, 03:40 PM

That's so you can recognize it when you fall off-mine's already on its way off a cliff :lmao:

It's the gold colored one with disney stickers all over it and dollar bills flying off of it.

:lmao:

I've been out of town for the last week, so I'm getting a late start with posting and tracking. My goals for August are to have more $0 days than July, and to avoid unplanned spending. Also to track on a daily basis here.

Planned Monthly Expenses:
Groceries $500 - 198/500
Eating Out $150 - 74/150
Movies $50 - 5/50

Exceptions:
State Farm Auto Ins Due $550
Hershey Park $100
Tickets for company picnic $50
Disney trip due – $955
Dance registration fee – $10
Back to school shopping – $150
Camera – $350
Computer - $500

So far:
8/1 – Butcher/Farmer's Mkt/Groceries - $115, Breakfast Out- $5
8/2 - $0 :cool1:
8/3 - Fam ate out while I was away - $40
8/4 – Bras $24
8.5 - $0:banana:
8/6 - $42 Souvenirs for Kids, Doctor - $95
8/7 – Movies $5.75
8/8 – Breakfast out $4.55, Butcher/Farmer's Mkt/Groceries $83, Gas $46, Pay Sitter $200, Pay Disney Trip $955, Girls’ Lunch Out - $25, Pay allowances - $30

Where'sPiglet?
08-08-2009, 08:12 PM
6 - $15 lunch, $2.20 coffee [$17.70 eating out], $12.56 gas, $6 car wash [18.56 car] [$36.26 total]
7 - $12.04 Arby's, $3.46 Baskin Robbins [$15.50 eating out & total]
8 - $0 :woohoo:

Eating Out: $100 ~ $28.39 left
Gas & Car: $60 ~ $41.44 left
Total: $610 ~ $393.26 left

Today was a $0 day; tomorrow will not be. I buy the newspaper every Sunday and tomorrow we need some groceries and misc. also.

cjdj4
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/3- $0:banana:
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51
8/8- $0:banana:

Finally, another zero day!

neatokimmo
08-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I need a zero day really bad. Tomorrow I won't leave the house.

I bought two entertainment books for $40. It was a school fundraiser, the books have $40 in my favorite grocery store coupons in it so it's a wash (and I won't be conned into gift wrap this year!!)

I also spent $45.09 at the farmers markets, salvage store and grocer. I got 67 tomatoes for $5.00 :) I love the end of the day sales!

I also spent $8 on yard sale stuff. Most of it was to resell in the consignment sale next month.

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - 2.37/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 8 - $93.09 :eek: $254.29/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

wdwfan16
08-08-2009, 09:22 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0

dismom9761
08-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Okay,I am going to try to post what I spend the rest of the month.I have never had a budget so I am going to make a guess and then see how it works for the last three weeks of the month.The last two weeks have been expensive trying to get four kids ready for school,they started yesterday.I am also going to have a "sport" category because it is a BIG expense with us and my DH and I have been arguing about the amount.Remember these amounts are for three weeks, not a month.

Gas and car 180
groceries 300-13.85/300
eating out 50
Misc 100
Sport 350(yes that is correct.and that is a low number)
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
8/8-$13.85-We were going to cook out at a friend's house and needed steaks.We bought 4 steaks(the youngest wasn't with us and I don't eat steak),rolls,and a 2 ltr drink

paulasillars
08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Doing ok so far - might do some spending over the weekend though ;)

But I didn't... except for groceries which aren't included here, I spent $0 over the weekend!

Forevryoung
08-09-2009, 02:20 AM
My paycheck came in the mail today, after taxes and health insurance, a large chunk is gone (paid monthly).

I wrote a check for $270 for my license Friday so there went that

8/1- $0
8/2- $0
8/3- $42.19 gas/target (snacks for week, work stuff)
8/4- $2.17 CVS/party city (more work stuff, notebooks for kids/stickers)
8/5- $19.14 lunch/CVS (photos for license, birthday cards)
8/6- $17 dinner at Yankee game :eek:
8/7- $308.76 professional license, post office, gas, ice cream
8/8- $20 Central Park Zoo (2 tickets)

Tomorrow I need to go to the fabric store and pick up something I had ordered last month.

I'm just tracking my spending this month but I'm disappointed by the high amount.

princessbride6205
08-09-2009, 02:59 PM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $2 coffee, $9 Target
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out (out of my $40/mo)
8/8 - $19 dining out as a family, $12 pants for DH
8/9 - $72 groceries, $57 stock up on diapers, wipes & sunblock

Exceptions:
* Photo Software
* DH and I each get $40/mo. "fun money" - can go out to lunch, buy other non-necessities, etc. I'll track my fun money above, but DH just gets his envelope with $40 cash and that's that.
* Getting a passport (I really should have renewed years ago, but now there is a slim chance I'll need to go to Europe for work - not that work will pay for the passport!)

Sandi S
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
8/1 - $0 (listed 9 things on eBay)
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/7 $0
8/8 $44 @ Joann's (interfacing, thread - needed, one yard of princess fabric for DD, okay, not needed), $5.79 lunch @ Taco Bell, $12 at JCPenney (but I plan to return and repurchase with a coupon tomorrow that will knock that down to $2), $7 at Victoria's Secret (after $17.50 worth of coupons!) - The good news is my ebay auctions are all done and all sold! I got almost $100.
8/9 $213 (groceries)

Total in: $109.88
Total out: $338.02

Sandi S
08-09-2009, 03:10 PM
But I didn't... except for groceries which aren't included here, I spent $0 over the weekend!

Yay!

Tiggerish
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100 /$98 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/9 $10 Giving (church collection); $8 Misc. (some dollar store trinkets to stock up my "treasure chest")

Siouxstone
08-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Why am I never behind Kickapoo to pick up the money flying off? :confused3

8/3-$75 groceries
8/7-$4 Redbox
8/8-$12 Urgent Clinic Copay, $18 lunch after Urgent Clinic
8/8-$98 new suitcases

Because I was feeling so much better, I started sewing our MNSSHP costumes on Friday. Yesterday morning, I got the machine back out to finish them up and... well, I sewed my index finger. The needle went through the nail, bent on the bone and came out the side. So, off to the minor emergency clinic for a tetanus shot, antibiotics, and xrays to make sure we got all the metal out and no breakage. Yeah. I know.:eek:

But, I had a major score today.:goodvibes After the baggage carousel ate the zipper off of one of our pieces of luggage last year, I promised myself one new bag before this next trip. So, DH went to do a warranty exchange on one of his craftman tools at Sears, and I made him walk down to Penneys to look at luggage. Secretly in my heart, I wanted to get three small lightweight hardside suitcases, but I resigned myself to just replace the one case.:rolleyes: Low and behold, I found a clearance corner with lightweight hardside suitcases!:woohoo: Each one was originally $160, marked down, then again, then 70% off on pink clearance tags combined with a 20% off coupon and.... Three brand new hardside suitcases for a grand total of $98 including tax!:yay::yay::yay:

Now, if I can just stay out of the ER...;)

cjdj4
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51
8/9- CVS $32, Walgreens $6, Publix $89, Lowes $28

Goofygirl17
08-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Siouxstone- Ouch!!!

Not doing too great but not horrible either.

8/1 $0 (DH $31)
8/3 $1 (DD6 ice cream)
8/5 $10 (approx)
8/6 $0 (DH got milk for us @ $3)
8/7 $10 ice cream for all kids w/ us, $41 dinner out (Mmmm, mexican)
8/8 $0 for me, $12 or so DH- milk etc
8/9 $31 groceries (saved $19)

sneakers for me

Forevryoung
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
8/1- $0
8/2- $0
8/6- $17 dinner at Yankee game
8/9- $54.80 Joanns (walked out without buying fabric and saved $30 on what I needed for a birthday present :cool1: staples notebooks for work .01 each)

My goal is 3 $0 days this week (M-F). Wish me luck! :thumbsup2

neatokimmo
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
yipppeee today was a zero day!

I am planning out my work food for the rest of the week. If I can just get that under control I'll have a lot more zeros in my future :)

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - 2.37/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 9 - zero! :goodvibes $254.29/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690[/QUOTE]

dismom9761
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Gas and car 180
groceries 300-19.30/300
eating out 50
Misc 11.63/100
8/8-$13.85-We were going to cook out at a friend's house and needed steaks.We bought 4 steaks(the youngest wasn't with us and I don't eat steak),rolls,and a 2 ltr drink
8/9-$11.63-school supplies and DH spent $3 on gatorade/water for ball practice and $2.50 for a newspaper

I didn't do too badly today.I hit sales and got notebooks and crayons for .01 and .20 each.My oldest had to have several hard binders too...it never seems to end.Tomorrow I hope to have a $0 day...need to go make lunches.

wdwfan16
08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Why am I never behind Kickapoo to pick up the money flying off? :confused3

don't feel bad, it's monopoly money! :rotfl:

Because I was feeling so much better, I started sewing our MNSSHP costumes on Friday. Yesterday morning, I got the machine back out to finish them up and... well, I sewed my index finger. The needle went through the nail, bent on the bone and came out the side. So, off to the minor emergency clinic for a tetanus shot, antibiotics, and xrays to make sure we got all the metal out and no breakage. Yeah. I know.:eek:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::eek:

Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 8 $150 Walmart, so far returned $50
Aug. 9 $0

Let me explain the walmart-I volunteered to host the back to school pool party at the neighborhood pool, but I didn't know all the cool events in the neighborhood are completely volunteer run and funded, so I had to fund this one out of pocket. We got as much ice cream and other stuff donated that we could but it will still end up costing me about $100. Oh well, I only had to do it once and there were over 100 kids there having a blast!

Kids are back in school today and now I'm really going to buckle down and not spend. DD8's 9th birthday is this weekend so I'm going to try and just do one day of gift shopping (she wants a disco ball for her room!). Other than groceries and an oil change, I have no spending planned for this week. I'll try and wrap it all up into 1 day....

DH is glad the pool party is over, evidently when I was planning it I was very stressed about it and it made me distracted, grumpy and bossy. And I forgot to do the housework. At least that's what I was told all week:rolleyes1.

Debbie
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM

But, I had a major score today.:goodvibes After the baggage carousel ate the zipper off of one of our pieces of luggage last year, I promised myself one new bag before this next trip. So, DH went to do a warranty exchange on one of his craftman tools at Sears, and I made him walk down to Penneys to look at luggage. Secretly in my heart, I wanted to get three small lightweight hardside suitcases, but I resigned myself to just replace the one case.:rolleyes: Low and behold, I found a clearance corner with lightweight hardside suitcases!:woohoo: Each one was originally $160, marked down, then again, then 70% off on pink clearance tags combined with a 20% off coupon and.... Three brand new hardside suitcases for a grand total of $98 including tax!:yay::yay::yay:

Now, if I can just stay out of the ER...;)

OH. . . . My . . . . GOODNESS! :scared1: Great job on the luggage! I've been looking, too, but I think that I'll just borrow for this trip, since I haven't found what I want at a price I want to pay, yet.

8/1- $0
8/2- $0
8/6- $17 dinner at Yankee game
8/9- $54.80 Joanns (walked out without buying fabric and saved $30 on what I needed for a birthday present :cool1: staples notebooks for work .01 each)

My goal is 3 $0 days this week (M-F). Wish me luck! :thumbsup2

Good luck! You can do it-look what a good job you did yesterday! Yes, it was spending, but you did a FABULOUS job! :banana:

yipppeee today was a zero day!

I am planning out my work food for the rest of the week. If I can just get that under control I'll have a lot more zeros in my future :)

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - 2.37/50
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Good job on the $0, yesterday. Yep, planning is the key!

8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0

WOW! Look at those $0's! Way to GO!

don't feel bad, it's monopoly money! :rotfl:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::eek:

Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 9 $0

Let me explain the walmart-I volunteered to host the back to school pool party at the neighborhood pool, but I didn't know all the cool events in the neighborhood are completely volunteer run and funded, so I had to fund this one out of pocket. We got as much ice cream and other stuff donated that we could but it will still end up costing me about $100. Oh well, I only had to do it once and there were over 100 kids there having a blast!

Kids are back in school today and now I'm really going to buckle down and not spend. DD8's 9th birthday is this weekend so I'm going to try and just do one day of gift shopping (she wants a disco ball for her room!). Other than groceries and an oil change, I have no spending planned for this week. I'll try and wrap it all up into 1 day....

DH is glad the pool party is over, evidently when I was planning it I was very stressed about it and it made me distracted, grumpy and bossy. And I forgot to do the housework. At least that's what I was told all week:rolleyes1.

First, congrats on hosting that pool party. Over a 100 kids? You are a courageous soul. (either that or.....:upsidedow ;) ) And at least you forgot the housework. I deliberately look at it and say "Nope" summer is too short and it's my vacation!

Sandi S
08-10-2009, 01:14 PM
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/7 $0 - deposited $247 that had been sitting in DH's piggy bank - how did I forget this???
8/8 $44 @ Joann's (interfacing, thread - needed, one yard of princess fabric for DD, okay, not needed), $5.79 lunch @ Taco Bell, $12 at JCPenney, $7 at Victoria's Secret (after $17.50 worth of coupons!) - The good news is my ebay auctions are all done and all sold! I got almost $100.
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/10 $3 at JCPenney (jeans for DD after coupon), $10 for lunch, $14 at the sewing shop (buttons and fabric), $1.60 at Joann's (zipper), $14 at BJ's for a giant jug of All detergent, deposited $20.72 after dumping more change at the bank

Total in: $277.60
Total out: $380.62

Net: -$103.02

Tiggerish
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Kickapoo - :thumbsup2 Thanks for doing the party :thumbsup2

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100 /$86 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/9 $10 Giving (church collection); $8 Misc. (some dollar store trinkets to stock up my "treasure chest")
8/10 $12 Misc. items for back to school boxes I am making for church to give to kids

dismom9761
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Gas and car 180
groceries 300-29.02/300
eating out 50
Misc 11.63/100
8/9-$11.63-school supplies and DH spent $3 on gatorade/water for ball practice and $2.50 for a newspaper
8/10-9.72-hamburger meat and pretzels...I have to get better about planning ahead and doing one grocery store run...

cjdj4
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51
8/10- $0:banana:

neatokimmo
08-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I like how you track your in and out cash flow. I am going to try that the last half of Sept when we get back from Disney.

8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/7 $0 - deposited $247 that had been sitting in DH's piggy bank - how did I forget this???
8/8 $44 @ Joann's (interfacing, thread - needed, one yard of princess fabric for DD, okay, not needed), $5.79 lunch @ Taco Bell, $12 at JCPenney, $7 at Victoria's Secret (after $17.50 worth of coupons!) - The good news is my ebay auctions are all done and all sold! I got almost $100.
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/10 $3 at JCPenney (jeans for DD after coupon), $10 for lunch, $14 at the sewing shop (buttons and fabric), $1.60 at Joann's (zipper), $14 at BJ's for a giant jug of All detergent, deposited $20.72 after dumping more change at the bank

Total out: $380.62

Net: -$103.02

neatokimmo
08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Today wasn't too bad, a coke and a cup for water for $1.45 total :goodvibes I packed my breakfast and lunch today, I hope I can keep up with that. I'm so tired and phased out in the morning I simply forget stuff.

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - .92/50 (wonder when this will hit red? lol)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 10 - $1.45 :goodvibes 255.74/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

princessbride6205
08-10-2009, 10:27 PM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/2 - $62 groceries, $23 dining out as family
8/3 - $0
8/4 - $2 coffee, $9 Target misc.
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch (out of my $40/mo)
Bummer! Spent today because I had to take out 2 independent contractors for lunch, but I don't think work will reimburse me for my portion.

TOTALS
Fun money spent $20/40
Groceries $134/300
Family Dining Out $42/100
Other (clothes, diapers, etc.) $78/150
Gas & Parking $11/125

Exceptions:
* Photo Software

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Aug. 1 $0 :angel:
Aug. 2 $0 :angel:
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0 :angel:
Aug. 9 $0 :angel:
Aug. 10 $0 :angel:

Kids had their first day of school yesterday, they loved it! :cheer2:

I got through 3 loads of dishes and almost all the :laundy:.

I really, really should go to a Zumba class :dancer: this morning but right now I'm :surfweb:. I haven't been to class all summer because the kids didn't want to swim indoors at the Y (where my class is), because there weren't any other kids and hey, it's summer, why swim indoors? And I just dread the first class-my endurance is kapootsky.

casper_jj11
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi! I've been on vacation since July 31st so I'm just now posting a budget. I've really tried to keep in line while away although we've run into a few glitches (cottage overrun with ants :scared1:) which meant we drove an hour to and from each day rather than sleep there. We're getting a partial refund which should account for gas and more fishing stuff that we ended up needing from last month's budget. I had a budget planned for August that included back to school clothes but I ended up buying most of that during the GAP sale last month. I also realized that the kids bday stuff is going to have to be bought thsi month rather than next. I've kept my receipts for this month so far so I'll list that too.

groceries $540 $432.73 left
gas $500 $419.40 left
cat food $90
swim lessons for three kiddos $400 $2 left
fall clothing $75 $47.78 left
school supplies $60 $12.87 left
hockey equipment $500
skates for ds6 and dd3 $200
dance lessons for dd3 $96
cat sitter for time at cottage $70 $30 left
paint garage $300
DSalmost2 bday gift $50
DSalmost 7 bday gift $50
DSalmost2 bday party supplies $50
DSalmost7 bday party supplies $100
boys haircuts $40
my spending $150 $65.17 left
DH spending $150 (DH decided to take $150 in cash out for the month so I won't be keeping track... but he's on board :goodvibes)

Total: $3421 hmmmm that's high ... $2517.51 left

1- cottage stuff (fishing licences, wood, etc) $70.35
2 - fishing gear $48.09
4 - gas $27.75
6 - breakfast $7.76; gas $52.85
7 - breakfast $10.98
8 - back to school clothes $27.22; school supplies $20.88; video rental $11.83; groceries $50.10; cat sitter $40
9 - milk $3.99; school supplies $26.25; groceries $6.32
10 - groceries $28.12
11 - swimming registration $398; car registration $73 (forgot to budget this)

Schmoodle
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Groceries $500 - 198/500
Eating Out $150 - 74/150
Movies $50 - 45/50

Exceptions:
Hershey Park $100
Disney trip due – $955
Camera – $350
Computer - $500

So far:
8/4 – Bras $24, kids' lunch out $30
8/6 - $42 Souvenirs for Kids, Doctor - $95, kids' movies $40
8/7 – Movies $5.75
8/8 – Breakfast out $4.55, Butcher/Farmer's Mkt/Groceries $83, Gas $46, Pay Sitter $200, Pay Disney Trip $955, Girls’ Lunch Out - $25, Pay allowances - $30[/QUOTE]
8/9 - $0 :thumbsup2
8/10 - $15 copay for DD doctor, $40 for company picnic tickets
8/11 - $0:woohoo:

Sandi S
08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/11 $19 @ post office, $5 at Wal-e world

Total out: $404.62

Net: -$127.02

Tiggerish
08-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100 /$82 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/10 $12 Misc. items for back to school boxes I am making for church to give to kids
8/11 $4 Misc. - more trinkets for my "treasure chest"

cjdj4
08-11-2009, 07:46 PM
8/2- CVS $130
8/4- A LOT
8/5- Lunch $12
8/6- Publix $51
8/10- $0:banana:
8/11- Weeki Wachi Spring Mermaid show and water park $38, Dinner $27

dismom9761
08-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Gas and car 8/180
groceries 300-36.70/300
eating out 50
Misc 11.63/100
8/10-9.72-hamburger meat and pretzels...I have to get better about planning ahead and doing one grocery store run...
8/11-gas-$8 and groceries $7.68

Still can't seem to go a day without needing something at the store.I only got $8 of gas because that is all the cash I had with me and forgot my new debit card at home.This thread has made me think about every penny that I spend though.:goodvibes

neatokimmo
08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Just .20 today on a water cup. I need to buy one with a lid and take it in, but buying a new fresh one everyday is just too easy :)

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - .72/50 (wonder when this will hit red? lol)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 11 - $.20 :goodvibes 255.94/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

albertamommyof4
08-12-2009, 01:32 AM
i haven't been having any luck with the $0 days lol there always seems to be something i need. Although yesterday was a $0 day and i think that goes for only like 3 or 4 this month so far lol.

paulasillars
08-12-2009, 01:35 AM
This is my best month in ages! I only have 2 work days before the weekend when I'm working LOL so little chance to spend ;)

12th - $0
11th - $0
10th - $0
9th - $0
8th - $0
7th - $0
6th - $0
5th - $0
3rd - $0
2nd - $0
1st - $0

Siouxstone
08-12-2009, 08:43 AM
This is my best month in ages! I only have 2 work days before the weekend when I'm working LOL so little chance to spend ;)

12th - $0
11th - $0
10th - $0
9th - $0
8th - $0
7th - $0
6th - $0
5th - $0
3rd - $0
2nd - $0
1st - $0

OMG! That's totally awesome!:worship::worship:

Siouxstone
08-12-2009, 08:47 AM
8/3-$75 groceries
8/7-$4 Redbox
8/8-$98 new suitcases
8/9-$18 book and thank you cards
8/10-$125 groceries

I am totally ready for some $0 days. The pantry has been restocked and I think I am good to go for a few days before I have to get gas or anything else.

princessbride6205
08-12-2009, 09:50 AM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch
8/11 - $9 Gas
8/12 - Planning on zero!

TOTALS
Fun money spent $20/40
Groceries $134/300
Gas & Parking $20/125

Exceptions:
* Photo Software

Jennia
08-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Aug 6: $0
Aug 7: $0
Aug 8: $55, stuff at convention
Aug 9: $0
Aug 10: $0
Aug 11: $708, furniture for dd's room (big girl bed and armoire)-kind of blows all my zero days out of the water lol!

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 9 $0
Aug. 10 $0
Aug. 11 First day new dance class/new studio/same old drama:lmao:

$-10.50 Walmart (more returns from the party), then it went downhill from there:

$22 walmart (emergency new leotards, kids outgrew the old ones already-mom, wedgie!!!)

$23.91 firehouse subs (got stuck in traffic trying to get to the kids' dance class and had to do an emergency food stop).

$10 Sonic food (kids wouldn't EAT the expensive (but never before tried) firehouse subs so I had to stop AGAIN :headache:to get them burgers at Sonic.

It took 1 1/2 hours to get to a studio 15 min away because I got lost and then I was stuck in traffic instead of going against it if I had gone the right way :rolleyes:.

Can you tell this was a day that I needed an adult beverage by the end of it?

neatokimmo
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Zero! wwooohhoo!

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - .72/50 (wonder when this will hit red? lol)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 160/200

August 12 - zero! :woohoo:255.94/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Sandi S
08-12-2009, 11:05 PM
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/12 $0

Net: -$127.02

Tiggerish
08-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50
Misc. = $100 /$82 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/12 $0 FINALLY:woohoo:

Jennia
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Aug 6: $0
Aug 7: $0
Aug 8: $55, stuff at convention
Aug 9: $0
Aug 10: $0
Aug 11: $708, furniture for dd's room (big girl bed and armoire)
Aug 12: $0

casper_jj11
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Wow! I'm so impressed with everyones $0 days!

groceries $540 $332.41 left
gas $500 $419.40 left
cat food $90
hockey equipment $500
paint garage $300
DSalmost2 bday gift $50
DSalmost 7 bday gift $50 $38.72 left
DSalmost7 bday party supplies $100 $98.12 left
boys haircuts $40
DH spending $150 (DH decided to take $150 in cash out for the month so I won't be keeping track... but he's on board )

Total: $3421 hmmmm that's high ... $2404.21 left

2 - fishing gear $48.09
4 - gas $27.75
7 - breakfast $10.98
8 - back to school clothes $27.22; school supplies $20.88; video rental $11.83; groceries $50.10; cat sitter $40
10 - groceries $28.12
11 - swimming registration $398; car registration $73; diapers $36.82
12- drugstore stuff $42.49; DS6 bday gift $11.28; party supplies $1.70; groceries $1.88;
13 - groceries $10.05; groceries $9.08

Sandi S
08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/12 $0
8/13 $0 spent, but I got a credit card dispute settled $230 in our favor! Proflowers pulled a bait and switch with a 3rd party company on my DH when he sent his mom flowers on Mother's Day last year. Long story short...the Chase people put the squeeze on the 3rd party company and I have my money back.

Total in: $507.60

Net: 102.98 in my favor!

neatokimmo
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I spent all kinds of money today but only part of it counted.

Breakfast and a cup was $1.48. I'm in the negative for eating out oh well!
Lunch - $6 tacos on a visa GC that I won ($25)
Walgreens - filled a prescription with my CC that I'll turn into my medical spending card that I seemed to have misplaced. And since my company put 1K on that card for me to spend, I am so cheating and not counting that! lol
I used the $25 script transfer check to buy three treseme shampoos, 3 listerines and a colgate toothpaste. $.17 oop. Then I used the $3 off of $15 that printed in the pharmacy, the $3, $5, $6 from before and manus for $1.50 and $2 on three packs of pull ups and 3 caramel candies (filler!) That came out to $9something but I used an ancient WAG GC for the balance.:banana:

Sooo.... 1.48 for food and .17 for misc - yippee!

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - .76/50 (I can't believe its just the 13th and I've run this down)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 159.83/200

August 13th - $1.65 :3dglasses $257.59/$690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

wdwfan16
08-13-2009, 06:59 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0

dismom9761
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Gas and car 28/180
groceries 300-49.11/300
eating out 9.90 /50
Misc 11.63/100
8/12-$20 gas
8/13-,$3.79 for drinks at ballfield,$9.90 for dinner for DH and DS11 and DS13...and then the girls and I stopped at the store for something DD5 needs for school tomorrow and I spent $8.62 on groceries:sad2:

princessbride6205
08-14-2009, 01:00 PM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch
8/11 - $9 Gas
8/12 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/14 - off to purchase Dad's b-day gift on my lunch hour...

TOTALS
Fun money spent $20/40
Groceries $134/300
Gas & Parking $20/125

Exceptions:
* Photo Software

Tiggerish
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM
:confused: My local neighborhood pharmacy suddenly closed and transferred my prescription to the closest Walgreens. I went for a refill and they wanted to charge me $33 for what I had always paid $4 for. I said no thanks, went home, got on the computer and found a local grocery store (Family Food a small locally owned group with sparta brands) would fill it for the $4. So I transferred to them. Did Walgreen's really think I would go for their price??:confused:

Groceries = $120 / $34 left
Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50 / $46
Eating Out = $25 / $1 left
Misc. = $100 /$82 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/12 $0
8/13 $0
8/14 $50 Groceries; $3 Eating out; and, $4 Medical (prescription)

dismom9761
08-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Gas and car 28/180
groceries 300-53.48/300
eating out 23.90 /50
Misc 21.63/100
8/12-$20 gas
8/13-,$3.79 for drinks at ballfield,$9.90 for dinner for DH and DS11 and DS13...and then the girls and I stopped at the store for something DD5 needs for school tomorrow and I spent $8.62 on groceries
8/14-$14 for Dh and I to eat out for lunch,$10 for DS13 to go to High School football game,$4.37 at grocery store

I am not doing so well on the no buying part.:sad2:This weekend will be a big spending with sports fees and groceries.I am going to plan out our meals and go shopping on Sunday and hopefully alot of the daily spending will be over.:goodvibes

Tiggerish
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $40 left
Medical = $50 / $46
Eating Out = $25 / $3 over
Misc. = $100 /$82 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/12 $0
8/13 $0
8/15 $4 Eating out

wdwfan16
08-15-2009, 04:10 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $0

neatokimmo
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Ok so this is our big yard sale weekend. And THE trip to Walmart to buy trip items. I spent about $140 I think (I hope lol) in the past two days. I am digging out all my receipts now to add to the columns below.

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - .76/50 (I can't believe its just the 13th and I've run this down)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 44.13/60
Mama Loot - 32.32/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 33.75/50
Misc - 159.83/200

August 14th + 15th - $140 - ish
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I've put my totals into my spreadsheet and it looks like halfway through I have less than half my budget left (900 or less to make it), so I'm kinda bummed with myself.

Belk's is going out of business here and they're taking 75% off the LOWEST marked price, and I got some 7 jeans ($161) for 40 bux and a Lilly Pulitzer dress for $14 (original price 278, marked down to 100, marked down again to 63, then 75% off that). I am just not strong enough to not shop like a madwoman when the deals are that good. I also went and got my hair trimmed. So, I'm looking fabulous but I kind of killed my no buy (spent 150 total at Belks). :scared1:

lattemomof3
08-15-2009, 08:29 PM
11th - 0$
12th - 27$ gift for sitter (our last day there after 9 years :sad1:), 20$ haircuts, $52 photo developing, 49$ groceries
13th - 0$
14 - 28$ pizza for 7, $11 swimming pool, $12 snacks for 7 @ pool (took our own water), groc 7$, Shwans $53(darn dh:laughing:)
15 - $110 groc's (in-laws coming for a visit:headache:), 8$ small Dairy Queen blizzards for ds & I (good thing I only had 1 kid with!)

dismom9761
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Gas and car 53/180
groceries 68.17/300
eating out 23.90 /50
Misc 54.63/100
Sport 230/350(yes that is correct and that is a low number)
8/12-$20 gas
8/13-,$3.79 for drinks at ballfield,$9.90 for dinner for DH and DS11 and DS13...and then the girls and I stopped at the store for something DD5 needs for school tomorrow and I spent $8.62 on groceries
8/14-$14 for Dh and I to eat out for lunch,$10 for DS13 to go to High School football game,$4.37 at grocery store,gas $25,new fish for DS11(his died:guilty:)$6,groceries(drinks and sandwich stuff for ballfield mostly)$14.69
8/15-girls' softball registration $180,fans for kids' rooms $27,boys tryout fees $50

`````````````````````````````````

I had to add in some spending that DH did last night and then today's.I hope after tomorrow we can manage to have some $0 days...

Tiggerish
08-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Auto/Gas = 75
Giving = $50 / $25 left
Medical = $50 / $46
Misc. = $100 /$82 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/12 $0
8/13 $0
8/15 $4 Eating out
8/16 $15 Giving (church collection)

tara32
08-16-2009, 03:30 PM
How do you guys do it? I consider myself fairly frugal but the grocery sepnding has been getting out of control. IN June I spent $1200, and we are only a fam of 4.
Even if I could cut it to $125 a week that would be good but challenging.
We spend at least $30/wk just on dairy. (4L of milk here is $7)Another $7/wk in soymilk, and dh LOVES meat.
How are you guys making $200 grocery money last the MONTH???

neatokimmo
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Today was zero! :)

I broke down the last two days - eeck!

Yardsale 28.50
eating out - 12 (used $7.50 of my visa giftcard too)
baby loot 9.89
mama loot - 16.41
walmart trip & school supplies (after a return) $40
dollar tree 17.52

Good thing I guess we have all the groceries we need for the week. That will help some in the overall total. I'm hopeful to have enough leftover to buy a new camera for the trip!

Groceries - 102.47/200
Eating out - 12.76/50 (oops)
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 34.24/60
Mama Loot - 15.91/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 5.25/50
Misc - 102.31/200

August 14th + 15th - $124.32 - 381.91/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

neatokimmo
08-16-2009, 04:23 PM
It depends on where you live I think. Milk is $3 a gallon, bread is $1, tons of fruit options for $1 a pound and meat options for $2 a pound. If you live in a larger city there is no way you can feed a family of four for $200 a month.

How do you guys do it? I consider myself fairly frugal but the grocery sepnding has been getting out of control. IN June I spent $1200, and we are only a fam of 4.
We spend at least $30/wk just on dairy. (4L of milk here is $7)Another $7/wk in soymilk, and dh LOVES meat.

neatokimmo
08-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Belk's is going out of business here and they're taking 75% off the LOWEST marked price, and I got some 7 jeans ($161) for 40 bux and a Lilly Pulitzer dress for $14 (original price 278, marked down to 100, marked down again to 63, then 75% off that). I am just not strong enough to not shop like a madwoman when the deals are that good. I also went and got my hair trimmed. So, I'm looking fabulous but I kind of killed my no buy (spent 150 total at Belks). :scared1:

Is it going out of biz everywhere? We have two in our mall, a clothing one and a housewares one. Not that she needs them, but I wouldn't mind a Lilly dress (or four) in the kiddo's closet :)

wdwfan16
08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $0
8/16 - $0

wdwfan16
08-16-2009, 05:55 PM

I have no idea. I am already spent over $200 so far this month.

paulasillars
08-17-2009, 04:01 AM
I worked over the weekend so no spending there - client kindly paid for all my meals too so no oop expenses. Hoping tomorrow will be another $0 and then off on holiday!

17th - $7.50 for lunch + $45 for magazine sub
16th - $0
15th - $0
14th - $0

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Is it going out of biz everywhere? We have two in our mall, a clothing one and a housewares one. Not that she needs them, but I wouldn't mind a Lilly dress (or four) in the kiddo's closet :)

I don't know, you might want to google it to see. The deals were unbelievable.

I'm not always good at it. I'm having a terrible month this month, although I'm not over, I'm spending way more than I planned on impulsive things, I really need to knock it off. In May I was superwoman, though.

Aug. 1 $0
Aug. 2 $0
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0
Aug. 9 $0
Aug. 10 $0
Aug. 11 $-10.50 $22, 23.91, 10
Aug. 12 $30.45 (cvs, sick kid), $20.49 (barnes and noble)
Aug. 13 $52.15 (belk's), $25.62 bday present for DD9, 37.44 Publix
Aug. 14 $104.58 (belk's again), $151.04 (Target groceries) $50 (haircut)
Aug. 15 $0
Aug. 16 $0
Aug. 17

Total: $2k or under for Aug, $907 left.

I really need to get the oil changed and the tires rotated, but I think since it's a rainy ugly day here I'll just stay home and clean-the house takes a beating over the weekend when everyone's here-the dust bunnies evolve to a higher life form!

Debbie
08-17-2009, 08:38 AM

Groceries are always a problem for our house, too. In fact, that is why I am tracking only groceries this month. Well, that and the fact that all other spending is outrageous. :rolleyes1 I find that the same for every August. I don't know if that is because I am 'bored' of summer (NOT) or if August is just an expensive month all round. ::yes::

This month, I am already over $400, and it is only half way through. We are a family of 4, with the other ones dropping in every now and then. DS and his GF are coming today. :banana: Luckily, DH and I are headed to WDW with Dining Plan next week. I'll give my girls a little money $30-$50 to last the week, so that will help the monthly totals. I must say, though, that I have a fair bit of meat (only buy on sale!) that will last us into September, especially since older of the two girls left at home leaves in 2½ weeks for university.

One thing we do is track WHAT we are spending money on. In the past, I have had a total list: Meat, Fruit, Vegetables, Dairy, Junk Food, etc. It was quite an eye opener. DH loves his pop. We don't eat out, but I'll buy crackers/cheese that don't last long. I love the fresh fruits and veggies at this time of year, so I spend a lot on those. Desserts aren't usually in the mix, but (DH again) buys junk food. I always buy bananas, milk, my olive oil margarine and the cost is not a concern. Tracking will really be an eye-opener for you.

One disadvantage that we have in Canada is that there is no such thing as "double coupon days" etc. So that in itself limits the frugality of grocery shopping.

Don't beat yourself up. Start with that $125 a week goal, track your purchases, and see where you think that you can cut. Lots of help here on the thread-help that is not judgemental (gotta love that! :yay: ). And :welcome:

Debbie
08-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Forgot to ask. Tara, where do you buy your milk? I've found, around here, anyway, the cheapest place is No Frills (like Aldi's, I think), Costco, and Shoppers Drug Mart. I think the corner varieties tend to have it cheaper than the grocery store, too.

casper_jj11
08-17-2009, 09:42 AM

I could never do $200 a month. I'm having trouble at $135 a week but I come close most months. I also include diapers and toiletries in the grocery budget. I don't worry too much about the weekly totals. I shop at 3 or more stores a week and I shop sales. Everything goes on sale at some point and for high price items, I stock up then. My fruit and veggies for the week depend on what's in the flyers. I buy lots but a the lowest price possible. This week, it includes peaches (2.27 a 3lb basket), plums (2.27 a 1.5lb basket), grapes 99c a lb, corn 6 for 99c plus more. I stocked up on boneless chicken breasts at 3.49lb ($7.xx a kg), pork at 1.99lb ($4.xx kg), and cheese at 4.99 a block (500g) as well as a little beef (we don't eat much) and sausages a few weeks ago. I'm good for at least a month. I stock up on cereal when it goes on sale and use coupons. Bread was on for $1 this week (usually $2.99 a loaf!) and I've bought 8 loafs so far and I'll buy more before the sale ends later this week.

Debbie - The best places I've found for milk are Shoppers Drug Mart, Macs Convenience Store and Food Basics. All are 3.99 a bag. I was paying $8 a bag at Loblaws at one point!

groceries $540 $230 left
gas $500 $419.40 left
cat food $90
hockey equipment $500
paint garage $300
DSalmost2 bday gift $50
DSalmost 7 bday gift $50 $26.45 left
DSalmost7 bday party supplies $100 $98.12 left
boys haircuts $40
DH spending $150 (DH decided to take $150 in cash out for the month so I won't be keeping track... but he's on board )

Total: $3421 hmmmm that's high ... $2210.93 left

2 - fishing gear $48.09
4 - gas $27.75
7 - breakfast $10.98
10 - groceries $28.12
11 - swimming registration $398; car registration $73; diapers $36.82
12- drugstore stuff $42.49; DS6 bday gift $11.28; party supplies $1.70; groceries $1.88;
13 - groceries $10.05; groceries $9.08
14 - groceries $68.90; bday gift for friend of DS6 $$22.59
15 - Boston Pizza - pizza free/tip $10 (great service and gave us free drinks!); groceries $12.40
16 - food at soccer tournament $6; vaccines for DS6 - $43.99 ; bday gift for DS6 $12.27; $12.29 camping chair to replace one we borrowed from neighbour that collapses when DH sat on it at soccer tournament :laughing:; groceries $4.84
17 - have to buy hockey equipment today .... expecting a $500 plus bill .. anything less will be a miracle :scared1:

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
DH played hockey as a kid, as did his younger brother. MIL still talks about how expensive the equipment was, and how BAD it smelled (this was back in the day before febreeze :lmao:)

I nixed horseback riding lessons for the DD's because damn, that's an expensive hobby!

Debbie
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Joanne, you are doing great on your gas (another thing that I regularly track). Where is the bread on sale? Bread is a thing that we use a fair bit, and is rarely on sale. We use both white and 12 Grain in our house.

We've saved money on cat food this month. I bought the wrong kind and the two cats were on a hunger strike. DH (who claims NOT to like the cats), finally mixed the dry unpalatable stuff with some Whiskas wet treat stuff that I got on sale on Thursday. They ate one bowl, and went back on strike. Today, for the first time in 8 days, I added to the bowl, and they "dove" in. Well as much as they could with their noses in the air. :snooty:

casper_jj11
08-17-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL From everything I've heard, the equipment still stinks!

I always wanted to take horseback lessons as a kid. I've heard its really expensive though so I'm kinda happy there are no places really close enough for the kids to want to try it.

casper_jj11
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
[B]Joanne, you are doing great on your gas (another thing that I regularly track). Where is the bread on sale? Bread is a thing that we use a fair bit, and is rarely on sale. We use both white and 12 Grain in our house. B]

Yeah, the gas is kinda not realistic. DH and I both drive back and forth a 1/2 hr each way to work. I budget high because when I started, the price of gas was much higher than now. I like knowing that our budget for that is more than necessary because the price can fluctuate so much. DH also bought a motorcycle in the spring so he's been using that all summer. It uses next to no gas. Come the winter, we'll be at budget levels I expect. For now, it allows for things I've forgotten in the budget.

As for bread, I usually buy whole wheat and sometimes, 12 grain. This week, Loblaws group (so Zehrs and Independent) is having a great sale. The Wonder bread is on for 2/$4 but there's in independant brand I've never heard of on for $1 a loaf! I bought one loaf to try and its great so I've stocked up. I've never seen bread that low before! The loaves I've bought are whole wheat but I think they have white as well. (its on the front page of the flyer I think)

If you're not familiar with it, www.smartcanucks.ca is a wonderful website! You can find loads of coupons there but also, they have forums where they post all the flyers and note the great deals at each store (shopping deals and flyers forum). They also have a posting each week where they mention where you can use the coupons to best save money. Its awesome!

Tiggerish
08-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Debbie,

I had a cat like that, would only eat one brand and would starve itself if I bought anything else. But fortunately it was one I could buy in bulk at Sams Club. My cat passed away 6 years ago but I still miss him. However, right at time he died, I got a SIL that is highly allegeric so no more cats for me since I like her.:rotfl:

Today, I have decided to spend some of my misc. money and take two of my nieces out to eat. Their grandmother is having a complicated surgery today so their parents are staked out at the hospital. I think going out to eat would be a good diversion for the kids.

princessbride6205
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch
8/11 - $9 Gas
8/12 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/14 - $25 Dad's B-day gift
8/15 - $0
8/16 - $0

TOTALS
Fun money spent $20/40
Groceries $134/300
Other (clothes, diapers, etc.) $103/150
Gas & Parking $20/125

I'm doing well, but I feel like I cheated this weekend. We had $0 out of pocket, but my folks came to visit and end up buying us groceries and a lunch out. And as usual, my mom couldn't resist buying DD some clothes. :upsidedow

Exceptions:
* Photo Software
* Dad's birthday gift - $25

tara32
08-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Forgot to ask. Tara, where do you buy your milk? I've found, around here, anyway, the cheapest place is No Frills (like Aldi's, I think), Costco, and Shoppers Drug Mart. I think the corner varieties tend to have it cheaper than the grocery store, too.

Thanks for the info. I live in Canada too (NB) and here the price of dairy is "regulated" to protect the milk farmers, but it means milk is never on sale, and its the same price everywhere! $6 and change for 4L milk , $4 a tub for cottage cheese, $2.50 for the small tub sour cream, $4 for a container of soymilk. Cheese on sale is $5.99, and yogurt on sale is 4.99 for 12x120mls.
Philly is $3.50!
I scratch my head at some of the prices esp that the Americans are able to get. Lucky! With double couponing and the cheap price of chicken and fruit!

Here are some examples :
typical price of chicken breasts $7.99-$12.99/lb
bananas .90/lb
1 "gallon" milk (4L) $6.50
butter $4.99
cheapest price for lean ground 1.99/lb
cheapest price marinating steak 2.99/lb
nectarines/peaches/plums 2.50/lb
cherries 6.99/lb
Still , I have to work with what I've got, and try to maximize my "scores" and minimize output.. and one thing I am bad for is not planning meals-ingredients in advance, so I come from the store $150 later and there is still "nothing for supper"!

LBelle
08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Hello! :)

1st time I've ever ventured onto the Budget Board. This thread caught my eye. I'd really like to know exactly what I'm supposed to do and/or how this all works. Is the point to see how many days in the month you can manage to spend 0$? Or how many times we spend on things NOT in our normal budget?

I'm interested in learning 'where o where my dollars have gone'!! :confused3

neatokimmo
08-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Holy cow, if I lived in Canada, we'd have to live off of ground beef and bananas!

Thanks for the info. I live in Canada too (NB) and here the price of dairy is "regulated" to protect the milk farmers, but it means milk is never on sale, and its the same price everywhere! $6 and change for 4L milk , $4 a tub for cottage cheese, $2.50 for the small tub sour cream, $4 for a container of soymilk. Cheese on sale is $5.99, and yogurt on sale is 4.99 for 12x120mls.
Philly is $3.50!
I scratch my head at some of the prices esp that the Americans are able to get. Lucky! With double couponing and the cheap price of chicken and fruit!

Here are some examples :
bananas .90/lb
1 "gallon" milk (4L) $6.50
butter $4.99
cheapest price for lean ground 1.99/lb
cheapest price marinating steak 2.99/lb
nectarines/peaches/plums 2.50/lb
cherries 6.99/lb
Still , I have to work with what I've got, and try to maximize my "scores" and minimize output.. and one thing I am bad for is not planning meals-ingredients in advance, so I come from the store $150 later and there is still "nothing for supper"!

neatokimmo
08-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Today was 80 cents on chips, not too bad :)

Groceries - 101.67/200
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 34.24/60
Mama Loot - 15.91/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 5.25/50
Misc - 102.31/200

August 17 - $.80 :goodvibes 382.71/690
August 16 - zero :cool1: 381.91/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Debbie
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Here are some examples :
bananas .90/lb 69¢/lb
1 "gallon" milk (4L) $6.50 $3.97
butter $4.99 (been awhile, but I think $2.99 when it is on sale)
cheapest price for lean ground 1.99/lb Same here....on sale at that price
cheapest price marinating steak 2.99/lb (I buy all my meat on sale 30%=50% off, so I'm not sure)
nectarines/peaches/plums 2.50/lb 99¢-1.99
cherries 6.99/lb Oh, I got THE best cherries from our local Foodland $1.79, right now they are $2.99
Still , I have to work with what I've got, and try to maximize my "scores" and minimize output.. and one thing I am bad for is not planning meals-ingredients in advance, so I come from the store $150 later and there is still "nothing for supper"!This last part is the best thing that you can do. Look at the flyers the day or two before you shop. Plan your meals and write them down. I put mine on the calendar, so that I have a guide. Sometimes, I'll change my mind, but I don't have to think so I will usually "follow the plan"

Is the point to see how many days in the month you can manage to spend 0$? Or how many times we spend on things NOT in our normal budget?

I'm interested in learning 'where o where my dollars have gone'!! :confused3 Belle, it is up to you how you track your spending. Whatever you are struggling with, come up with a plan to better your spending-even if only a wee bit. We're here to :cheer2: ! Start by literally tracking your spending for a few weeks to determine your 'latte factor'-and then work on saving, not spending. ;)

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok, seriously, I had to go buy bugs today for DD10's leopard gecko, and we get home and the waxworms are all dead! :furious:

$4.80 dead waxworms, $4 gas, now I have to bring them back. Only thing grosser than live waxworms is dead waxworms. Ewww.....

Don't buy your kids reptiles, people, even if they offer them buy one, get one free. It ain't worth it!

dismom9761
08-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Gas and car 98/180
groceries 183.52/300
eating out 29.52 /50
Misc 89.63/100
8/12-$20 gas
8/14-$14 for Dh and I to eat out for lunch,$10 for DS13 to go to High School football game,$4.37 at grocery store,gas $25,new fish for DS11(his died)$6,groceries(drinks and sandwich stuff for ballfield mostly)$14.698/15-girls' softball registration $180,fans for kids' rooms $27,boys tryout fees $50
8/16-$20 gas,$35 friends' birthday gifts,5.62 DH and boys eating out lunch,$113.96 groceries
8/17-$25 gas,$1.39 Sunkist drink(YUM!)

```````````````````````````````

I can't believe how different the food prices are.:scared1:I didn't realize how cheap food is here.I shopped at four different stores and shopped major sales and used a TON of coupons.I stocked up on meat,laundry detergent,and a few other things.I won't need to buy much next week.
Some of the prices here(sale):
chicken breasts-1.79 lb
milk-1.99 gal
bread-.88
laundry deteregent(All brand)B1G1 $5.12 plus I had $2 coupons on two
The groceries I bought feed six people three times a day plus snacks.The kids
all take their lunch most of the time because it would cost me $9 a day to feed them at the school.DH and I take our lunches except for the day he gets paid(twice a month).

I hope to have our first $0 day tomorrow.:goodvibes

paulasillars
08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
My final post for the month as I'm on holiday as from tomorrow until mid-Sept.

18th - $0
17th - $7.50 for lunch + $45 for magazine sub
16th - $0
15th - $0
14th - $0
13th - $7.50 for lunch
12th - $0
11th - $0
10th - $0
9th - $0
8th - $0
7th - $0
6th - $0
5th - $0
3rd - $0
2nd - $0
1st - $0

Budgeted was $100 for my misc stuff and actual was $68.50 which was pretty good. Makes up for all the months when I've over spent :)

In terms of grocery prices - we don't have coupons either here. Supermarkets do weekly "specials" where they knock off a few cents here and there. Occasionally they do loss leaders which if its something I would buy, I'll stock up.

All I can say is I'm glad I don't eat meat - thats the killer for grocery prices here. Also our fruit/vege prices have gone up 12% in the last month according to the news. I've seen little of the "seasonal" produce specials this year where they virtually give fresh items away in a glut.

$NZ1 = $US0.67 = $CAD0.74 so these are some of the items I got just a few minutes ago and are mostly cheap supermarket brands or the weekly specials ...
Biscuits/Cookies 500gm - $2.99
400gm canned cat food (fish) - $0.99
400gm canned tomatoes - $0.99
400gm canned baked beans & spaghetti - $0.99
1kg brown rice - $3.79
1kg ice cream - $3.99
600gm yogurt - $3.89
1kg cheese - $8.99
250gm sour cream - $2.79
grapes - $5.99/kg
cheap wheatmeal bread $1.69
expensive grain bread $4.89

Ground beef (I looked to see if it was on special) was $10.99/kg and that was about the cheapest available today. Ground pork was $12.99/kg.

Our dairy prices have also gone up a lot in the last year or so.

We've just hit our grocery budget for the month and if I wasn't going on holiday we would have gone over by quite a lot this month.

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
:wave:

have fun, Paula!

billwendy
08-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

This thread looks really interesting - Im trying to see how you work it, and does it really help with the budgeting???

Thanks so much!!
Wendy

Sandi S
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
8/2 - $0
8/5 $0
8/6 $0
8/9 $213 (groceries)
8/12 $0
8/13 $0 spent, but I got a credit card dispute settled $230 in our favor! Proflowers pulled a bait and switch with a 3rd party company on my DH when he sent his mom flowers on Mother's Day last year. Long story short...the Chase people put the squeeze on the 3rd party company and I have my money back.
8/14 $150 earned on a side job for nutty uncle, $26.11 earned from the consignment store
8/15 $12 @ the sewing shop, $45 @ Children's Place, $10 @ Old Navy, $12 @ Michael's, $10 for the scrapbook party, $12 eating out twice, $4 snacks @ Target
8/16 $25 for 3 pairs of nice shoes for DD (eBay!)
8/17 $50 from DH's buddy for some computer equipment we didn't need and he did! Spent $39.82 at the grocery store

Total in: $733.71 - all not expected as of 8/1
Total out: $574.44

Net: $159.27 in my favor!

paulasillars
08-17-2009, 11:43 PM
:wave:

have fun, Paula!

Thanks - I sure will :)

This thread looks really interesting - Im trying to see how you work it, and does it really help with the budgeting???

Hi Wendy, welcome! The interesting part about this thread is we are (mostly) trying to minimise the frivolous spending and each person sets out their own budget areas to target. Some people report on all spending, some try to cut costs, others try to have as many $0 days as possible. Just whatever works for you.

Since I've started participating which I guess must be for about 18 months now, I have stopped buying lunch at work most days - this month I have bought lunch 3 times total instead of 6 days a week.

I have also got a very good idea of exactly how much we spend monthly on our household expenses and although I don't report on it here, I do track it personally.

I have alway been fairly frugal and considered myself good at budgeting but this group has really given me the ability to forecast both expenses and savings/debt repayment.

It was interesting when seeing a lawyer last year when we purchased some land, she asked how we wanted to split the mortgage - and I give her exact amounts and how long I wanted the terms for. She looked at me surprised and asked why I wanted those amounts and terms and was even more shocked when I said - "thats the schedule that we will pay each chunk off". So far we have been exactly correct and in fact a little ahead of schedule which is a good thing.

StuckInKS
08-18-2009, 02:12 AM

Wow. This sounds just like ME! Our income is self-employment income, so it varies per month and we spend wayyyy too much money eating out. Hey, after working and taking care of 4 small kids all day, the last thing I want to do is cook and clean up after. Plus, it is soooo nice to have a relaxing meal with DH and the kids after a hectic day. But...it is eating into our Disney/beach money and our trip coming up too quick for me to take on a lot of extra work, so fat has to be trimmed.

I caught this thread late. Can I start mid-month?

Debbie
08-18-2009, 06:28 AM
My final post for the month as I'm on holiday as from tomorrow until mid-Sept. Have a great time, Paula. See you in September. :wave2:
Ground beef (I looked to see if it was on special) was $10.99/kg and that was about the cheapest available today. Ground pork was $12.99/kg :scared1: YIKES!
Total in: $733.71 - all not expected as of 8/1
Total out: $574.44

Net: $159.27 in my favor!Great job "finding" extra cash this month, Sandi! :thumbsup2
I caught this thread late. Can I start mid-month?Sure you can. That will let you get your little toe wet before diving in to your neck next month. ;) :welcome:

tara32
08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Holy cow, if I lived in Canada, we'd have to live off of ground beef and bananas!

Yeah, but then you'd be able to write your own diet book and make a killing!!

Mmm, the hamburger & Bananas Diet!! :lmao:

tara32
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
I think since I'm starting so late, I'm just going to keep an honest tally this month and start fresh next month. This month was full of exceptional purchases- tv, keurig, micro. My micro passed away on the wknd and I use it many times daily..

Aug 17-mon
microwave $173.00
m&m's $2.30
iced capp & timbits $3.60

Today I need to pick up some groceries, I'll try to do the advance meal planning

LBelle
08-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Belle, it is up to you how you track your spending. Whatever you are struggling with, come up with a plan to better your spending-even if only a wee bit. We're here to :cheer2: ! Start by literally tracking your spending for a few weeks to determine your 'latte factor'-and then work on saving, not spending. ;)

Got it! So, I should carry a little notepad and jot down everything I spend, $$ out of ATM's, $$ to kids, etc?

Oooh...this could be scary! :eek:

Thanks for your help! :)

Debbie
08-18-2009, 12:08 PM
I think since I'm starting so late, I'm just going to keep an honest tally this month and start fresh next month. This month was full of exceptional purchases- tv, keurig, micro. My micro passed away on the wknd and I use it many times daily..

Aug 17-mon
microwave $173.00
m&m's $2.30
iced capp & timbits $3.60

Today I need to pick up some groceries, I'll try to do the advance meal planning I hear you with the microwave, Tara. I use mine all the time, and it is the one thing that I can't be without! My girls love the ice capps, but I'm enjoying the McD $1.00 XL iced tea this summer. That was a good gimmick, since I would not normally buy cold drinks at all, and I've had at least one a week. :drinking1: You'll do great with your meal planning!

Got it! So, I should carry a little notepad and jot down everything I spend, $$ out of ATM's, $$ to kids, etc?

Thanks for your help! :) ::yes:: it is a really helpful exercise. (and you don't have to sweat in the heat, either!)

tara32
08-18-2009, 04:21 PM
AUg 18- Tues
groceries $131.00 But got lots of chicken and meal items!! Wouldve hit $125 without that rotisserie chicken..
Timmy's (again) $4.30 ( ice capp, 2 donuts and 2 timbits) <--not all 4 me!!

carissanboys
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello! I've joined this thread in previous months, but have never stuck with it for very long. I am in line at the library to get Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and have been checking out a message board that follows his plan to try and get a jumpstart. I am bound and determined to get out of debt and get us into a better place financially so that we can easily buy a house when dh retires from the navy in 4 years. :thumbsup2

For the rest of this month, I'm just going to report on my spending and $0 days and not worry about posting a budget here. I'll do that next month. I've already had many $0 days this month, but I'm just going to start reporting from today.

8/18 - $2.99 shipping on a Veggie Tales movie.

I thought about this long and hard. I saw the thread many days ago, but wasn't going to buy it until we went to the Regal Cinema today and got to see a Veggie Tales movie for free. My boys really enjoyed it so I thought $2.99 for a Christmas present would be a good deal. Always trying to plan ahead for the holidays. :goodvibes

lattemomof3
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
This thread is definately helping w/ eating out. It about killed me yesterday to shell out $17 at McD's for 3 happy meals, a fish sandwich & small latte. Normally I would'nt have even noticed the price:rolleyes1. It was a "last day of summer vacation" treat for the kids - we went to the park & they were dying to get the new lego racers/american girl toys. We haven't had fast food for quite a while, though, bec. I know I can make something much healthier and MUCH cheaper. :woohoo:

tara32
08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Lattemom- I don't know if you ever do this, but when we go as a family,
(dh-huge eater, me-big eater, ds6-picky eater, ds1- hoover)Instead of one or 2 happy meals, we get one chicken nuggets combo (the one with the 10 nuggets) that way both kids share nuggets, we all share the fries , (I usually get one small as a booster, lol) and all share the drink.
If your kids don't mind ditching the toy (mine couldn't care less) all 3 could share the combo for way less $$. Or you could tell them in advance, its this way or no way today..and you could alternate visits.. most kids would prefer going more often and not haivng the toy, I think.
So with all 4 of us, it comes to around $17 and thats with dh having 3 burgers and a grilled chicken wrap!!

neatokimmo
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
How do you not have a tag? :lmao:

Ok, seriously, I had to go buy bugs today for DD10's leopard gecko, and we get home and the waxworms are all dead! :furious:

$4.80 dead waxworms, $4 gas, now I have to bring them back. Only thing grosser than live waxworms is dead waxworms. Ewww.....

Don't buy your kids reptiles, people, even if they offer them buy one, get one free. It ain't worth it!

neatokimmo
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but then you'd be able to write your own diet book and make a killing!!

Mmm, the hamburger & Bananas Diet!! :lmao:

Lol then I wouldn't have to budget at all! :lmao:

neatokimmo
08-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I bought one of the big cottonelle packs at CVS today and nail polish. I had just a tiny amount left on a CVS card and spent $14.77 OOP. I have a free toothbrush coupon to use now and a $3 ECB that worse case, I'll use on milk next week :)

Breakfast and a drink today were covered by work! - yippee! I also had a free game piece for a whopper for lunch.

Groceries - 101.67/200
Cats - 30
Baby Loot - 34.24/60
Mama Loot - 15.91/40
Gas - 22/60
YardSale cash - 5.25/50
Misc - 87.54/200

August 18 - $14.77 397.48/690
August 17 - $.80 :goodvibes 382.71/690
August 16 - zero :cool1: 381.91/690
August 1 - $66.87/ $690

Schmoodle
08-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Groceries $500 - 261/500
Eating Out $150 - 224/150 :scared1:
Movies $50 - 45/50

Exceptions:
Hershey Park $100
Disney trip due – $955
Camera – $350
Computer - $500

So far:
8/4 – Bras $24, kids' lunch out $30
8/6 - $42 Souvenirs for Kids, Doctor - $95, kids' movies $40
8/7 – Movies $5.75
8/8 – Breakfast out $4.55, Butcher/Farmer's Mkt/Groceries $83, Gas $46, Pay Sitter $200, Pay Disney Trip $955, Girls’ Lunch Out - $25, Pay allowances - $30
8/9 - $0 :thumbsup2
8/10 - $15 copay for DD doctor, $40 for company picnic tickets
8/11 - $0:woohoo:[/QUOTE]
8/12 - Kohl's order - $110 dishes and clothes
8/13 - $0 :littleangel:
8/14 - $0 :yay:
8/15 - Breakfast out $5, Butcher/Farmer's Mkt/Groceries $60.55, Dinner out $138
8/16 - Back to school shopping $70, mall snacks $7, gift for nephew's birthday $25
8/17 - $0:)

dismom9761
08-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Gas and car 98/180
groceries 183.52/300
eating out 29.52 /50
Misc 89.63/100
8/12-$20 gas
8/14-$14 for Dh and I to eat out for lunch,$10 for DS13 to go to High School football game,$4.37 at grocery store,gas $25,new fish for DS11(his died)$6,groceries(drinks and sandwich stuff for ballfield mostly)$14.69
8/15-girls' softball registration $180,fans for kids' rooms $27,boys tryout fees $50
8/16-$20 gas,$35 friends' birthday gifts,5.62 DH and boys eating out lunch,$113.96 groceries
8/17-$25 gas,$1.39 Sunkist drink(YUM!)
8/18-$15.94 for pictures I had developed,$20 for school shirts for my boys

````````````````````````````

I had really hoped to have a $0 day but the kids needed current pics for school and of course I had none developed.I did get them for .06 each.:goodvibes We had parent night at the boys' school and I had promised to buy them shirts so there went another twenty dollars.:rolleyes1

Maybe tomorrow....:confused3

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-19-2009, 06:30 AM

Thanks for your help! :)

I save my receipts, then when I get home I put them into a spreadsheet, then I stick the receipts in a big manilla envelope. You wouldn't believe how fat that envelope is by the end of the month sometimes. I do like knowing where all my receipts are, though. DH also tracks it through Microsoft Money so at the end of the month we compare my spending with what the credit card says we're spending (we pay it off every month), to make sure they match.

How do you not have a tag? :lmao:

I think the powers that be on the board are so busy giving me points it hasn't occurred to them to give me a tag....:lmao:

DD9 is home sick today with a tummy bug, ah, welcome back to school and germs.

I need to go through my receipts and post-I think we had a $0 day yesterday but I've been known to "forget" that I shopped ;).

Debbie
08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
I think the powers that be on the board are so busy giving me points it hasn't occurred to them to give me a tag....:lmao: :rotfl:

My cc gives me points and I cash them in for groceries. Maybe you can negotiate with DIS to do the same. :wizard:

Siouxstone
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Wow, I don't post for a few days and all manner of things happen! We get newbies, Paula leaves for vacation, cats get finicky, and horseback riding is expensive. Wow, and that doesn't even hit the price of food in Canada!;) Bananas and burger! I can't even type it without making a face!:rotfl:

Kickapoo~ I can't believe you still have the BOGO lizards!:rotfl2: If anyone ever makes a badge for our siggies, we've got to have two lizards as the mascot.

8/3-$75 groceries
8/7-$4 Redbox
8/8-$98 new suitcases
8/9-$18 book and thank you cards
8/10-$125 groceries
8/11-$6 ChickFilA
8/12-$0:thumbsup2
8/13-$0:thumbsup2
8/14-$27 out to eat
8/15-$16 haircut
8/16-$0:thumbsup2
8/17-$48 Target
8/18-$105 groceries, $90 clothing

I managed a few $0 days, but not as many as I would like. I'm down two sizes from last year, so I went in search of some capri pants & bermuda shorts yesterday. Our tax free weekend is in a few days, and last year I waited, which was a big mistake. Everything was picked clean. I did get two pairs each of capris and bermudas and a drawerful of panties for my $90!:yay: I just need to get a white t-shirt for MNSSHP and the whole family will be set for Disney.

princessbride6205
08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch
8/11 - $9 Gas
8/12 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $100 prepaid on our gas card (gets us 6 cent discount per gal)
8/16 - $0
8/17 - $0
8/18 - $0
8/19 - ?? I might use some of my fun money for lunch

TOTALS
Fun money spent $20/40
Groceries $134/300
Gas & Parking $120/125

Exceptions:
* Photo Software
* (Fall clothes for DD)

wdwfan16
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $0
8/16 - $0
8/18 - $0

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $0
8/16 - $0
8/18 - $0

WOW!:worship:

carissanboys
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
8/19 - $0

Tiggerish
08-19-2009, 05:08 PM

Auto/Gas = 75 / $50 left
Giving = $50 / $23 left
Medical = $50 / $46 left
Misc. = $100 /$61 left

8/1 = $0
8/2 = $13 Eating out
8/3 = $7 Groceries
8/4 = $29 Groceries
8/5 = $0
8/6 = $0
8/7 = $8 Eating out
8/8 $0
8/12 $0
8/13 $0
8/15 $4 Eating out
8/16 $15 Giving (church collection)
8/16 $19 Misc. (lunch for the nieces); $25 gas
8/17 $0
8/18 $3 Giving (bought a water and sandwich for a homeless man who passed out at the bus stop)

lattemomof3
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
tara32 I am going to try that McD's trick next time- usually my kids don't care about the toy, this one was one that appealed to all of them though:rolleyes:. Tiggerish you were so kind to help someone out. I have a dumb question - how do you all list your expenses for the whole month w/out re-typing, are you just cutting & pasting? I think before long I will have to start asking my 1st grader these things, he is getting pretty adept at the computer:rotfl:!

metime
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I'll have to do this next time I buy something.

Well I spent $499.50 on our WDW hotel but I canceled a more expensive ressie. so I saved money today ...er... I think? :confused: I am confused as to this situation because it overrides previous purchases.

Also, would I deduct the amount I earned on the card rebate? That is $5.00 toward an oil change.

And then what if I buy something but am getting a rebate in 4-6 weeks?

And what if my stock matures? Does Monopoly count?:confused3

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Aug. 1 $0 :)
Aug. 2 $0 :)
Aug. 3 $110
Aug. 4 $93, $38
Aug. 5 $0 :)
Aug. 9 $0 :)
Aug. 10 $0 :)
Aug. 11 $-10.50 $22.47, 23.91, 10
Aug. 12 $30.45 (cvs, sick kid), $20.49 (barnes and noble)
Aug. 13 $52.15 (belk's), $25.62 bday present for DD9, 37.44 Publix, $50.40 (haircut)
Aug. 14 $104.58 (belk's again), $151.04 (Target groceries)
Aug. 15 $43.45 Bday dinner for DD
Aug. 16 $0 :)
Aug. 17 $ 27.82 Petco :rolleyes:, $28.92 Target
Aug. 18 $0 :)
Aug. 19 $42.45 Publix (I now have 2 sick kids, lots and lots of yogurt and vitamin c and grape juice), $15 Publix Rx, $40 Pediatrician co-pay

Here's what August looks like so far for me: Spent: $1,347.29 Left: -$652.71

Chase Disney Visa offered us a $66/night at Hilton Head, I booked us for two nights in early November but I decided to cancel it because there are just a lot of things we're spending on right now, and we have the big family trip in early Dec to WDW anyway, so that's on my to-do list for today to cancel. It would be nice to check out the beach in Nov, but I feel like I need to dial it down a bit with the spending.

It was so alluring-the points rate for Hilton Head with DVC is 40, which equates to about $400 on a Saturday night for a studio :scared1:, the idea of getting it for $66-I was like, oh that's such a good deal! But it's really not in the budget overall (add food and gas for that long weekend), so regretfully I'm going to have to let it go.

Now if Disney could have given that rate out for early October, I think I would have shuffled other things around because we can still go to the beach in bathing suits and swim in Oct in GA. No biggie, though.

Seriously thinking about designing a "No Buy" logo...

Oh, hey, about the eating out costs-we have really embraced the "water with lemon" ordering, we all do it automatically, now. It saves us an average of $10 whenever we eat out, the kids don't get spazzy from the sugar, and it's really good for DH's and my waistline (esp. DH who tended to drink 2 or 3 sodas with a meal). We don't drink soda at home, and the kids always ask for extra lemons and enjoy squeezing them all into the water :crazy:, so it's entertainment for them...

princessbride6205
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes, we are cutting and pasting. If you highlight all the text you want, then hold down the Ctrl key and the "C" - that is the shortcut to copy. Once you make your new post, hold down the Ctrl key and the "V" and it will paste all your copied text.

I'm now thinking I will postpone the purchase of new photo software. Without that, we're going to be well under budget this month. :thumbsup2

8/1 - $0 (+$73 and -$73)
8/3 - $0
8/5 - $0
8/6 - $11 Gas
8/7 - $11 Lunch out
8/10 - $7 lunch
8/11 - $9 Gas
8/12 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $100 prepaid on our gas card
8/16 - $0
8/17 - $0
8/18 - $0
8/19 - $8 Lunch (from my $40 fun money)
8/20 - $0?

TOTALS
Fun money spent $28/40
Groceries $134/300
Gas & Parking $120/125

Exceptions:
* Photo Software - now I'm thinking of putting this off and making do with what we have.

* (Fall clothes for DD)

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Ok, I created a no buy logo, here's the image:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82/kickapoojoiejuice/nobuy2.jpg

Tell me if you like it or it stinks...

wdwfan16
08-20-2009, 11:10 AM
WOW!:worship:

I just did not spend anything on those days. The others I bought stuff on the budget.

What is it with that eye avatar?

8/2 - $0
8/4 - $0
8/8 - $0
8/9 - $0
8/13 - $0
8/15 - $0
8/16 - $0
8/18 - $0
8/19 - $0

Kickapoo Joie Juice
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
What is it with that eye avatar?

Like in a good way or in a "really creeps me out" way? Because I'm shooting for "really creeps me out!" :rotfl2:

wdwfan16
08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Like in a good way or in a "really creeps me out" way? Because I'm shooting for "really creeps me out!" :rotfl2:

You win!!!

carissanboys
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM

I love it! Can I steal it for my siggy? :goodvibes

Siouxstone
08-20-2009, 11:58 AM

I was really hoping for lizards!:rotfl: But seriously, it looks great!

carissanboys
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
8/19 - $0
8/20 - $90.36 groceries at the commissary (I hadn't been to the commissary in a couple of weeks and hadn't really done any major grocery shopping during that time either.)