PDA

View Full Version : Claim your groceries ??s

Goofygirl17
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
I just found out that Claim your groceries filed for chapter 11 and will not be sending gift cards to anyone.

Has anyone here participated in this program. Any suggestions for trying to get some kind of settlement from the issuing store or company?

Thanks!
Goofygirl

pixie921
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Shocking.

My dh did a Honda test drive back in January and this was his "gift". We figured we'd never see the gift cards, but sent in a couple months' worth of receipts just in case we were wrong. *sigh* Guess we weren't. :sad2:

Goofygirl17
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I emailed the company that gave me the certificate. I got a reply about 30 minutes later. It said that they have come up with a solution and that I will be getting a letter explaining it.

I read on another board that someone settled for $300 cash with a company that was giving out the certificates. We'll see...

Goofygirl17
08-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I got a letter from the furniture company. They offered me a new rebate program from a new company for $600 instead of $500 but there is a $9.95 registration fee that you get back with your first VISA gift card.

The other two options are a check for $100 or a gift certificate for $200 to the furniture store.

I'm going to take the check for $100 because I think the rest of it stinks. I'm not going to start all over again trying to collect receipts and send them in. What's to say this program won't go under. And I also think it's ridiculous to charge a registration fee.