PDA

View Full Version : Need frizzy hair help for WDW....and beyond

frannn
07-31-2009, 09:01 AM
One thing I have learned from these past couple weeks of high humidity in NY is that I may be heir to the McDonald's fortune, cause there is a definet resemblance to Ronald! My hair is majorly frizzy & dry, and too thin to hide with a pony tail. It's shoulder length, and did I mention very, very thin? I am going broke trying different products & would love to know if anyone here has found a miracle product and/or style. Our trip is just over a month away, so I still have time to test your suggestions.....so that I can have some cute Photopass pics. Please help, 'kay?

Piglet843
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
I wish I knew what products you have tried - so I don't recommend those.

I too have dry frizzy hair - but mine is really thick. One product line that I love for my hair is the Sunsilk Hdyra TLC (the pink bottles). I use the sham/cond and then the 24/7 cream before I blowdry as well as more after to smooth those fly aways. With thin hair - i wouldn't use it both before and after blowdrying - it will weigh your hair down and make it look oily.

Also - Aussi makes a Sydney Smooth line that has a 12 hour Anti Humidity Hair spray - I finish my hair with that - but I've never tried the other products in this line. (may do that soon ... hmmm... :scratchin)

Again - dunno if you've tried these - but they are both reasonably priced - and with the right mix does well for me and my thick frizz ball. :thumbsup2

Hope this helps...

eta... the sunsilk comes in travel sizes too!!

tinytink
07-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Check out B2B Luster Lotion, it's pretty good and it smells really nice.

JandJ
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I have very thin, wavy hair that gets incredibly frizzy, especially in the humidity. I tried the John Frieda line that they sell at Target. I use the conditioner, serum, and mousse and I have to say it really works for me. I don't find it weighs my hair down or makes it looks greasy. It holds up all day and sometimes even the next day it still looks good so I don't wash it in the morning and the products still keep the frizz down. I don't know if it would work for everyone, but I'm happy with the products.

ETA: it sounds old fashioned, but try sleeping on a satin pillowcase. My aunt, who has the same hair as I do, recommended that to me years ago and it really does make a big difference in the amount of frizz. HTH!

here757
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
i got the same problem here in va.
try infusium 23. take a very small amount of the condictionar.. in a spray bottle of water.
spray on her hair and style as usual..
works for me :)

mommycrawford
07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
New product by L'oreal Vive Pro glossy style may be just the thing!...Smooth gloss anti-frizz...cheap and cheerful!!

here757
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
double post sorry :)

Handbag Lady
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
I have thin, wavy, and frizzy hair.

I use http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231301&categoryId=C7244&shouldPaginate=true

It is $24 a bottle, though. I'm on my first bottle and I've had it since 7/17. It is about 3/4 full still and I use it daily. I'm still working out how little I can use each day for full effect.

It is the best thing I've used! I used to get little frizzy stick-outs all over my head and this made them go away. It also keeps my bangs straight, which is nearly impossible!

TheBigBadWolf
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
I use Instacure by Matrix. It's a spray on, leave in conditioner. It is a miracle product for me and keeps my hair smooth with no frizzies. I love this stuff!!

pezheadmeg
07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Garnier sleek and shine. Mine's thick and frizzy, but it works wonders in the humidity.

What I do for Disney hair is I work in a mixture of leave in conditioner, styling cream, and hair gel. I do it when the hair is damp, I then use one of the goody stay-put headbands to push it back. I have a chin length bob, and it pretty much stays frizz free most of the day with this method. With shoulder length and thin, you could probably just pull the longer part up in to a knot with the headband.

TaraPA
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
I have short, thick & very wavy (borderline curly) hair...but it's cut in a sleek, straight style with bangs...so add even a little humidity & UGH!!!!! Ringlets & wavy bangs- I hate it! I've resorted to wearing a baseball cap in WDW, all day, every day. Not glamorous, but the time I'd spend on my hair pulling it out straight, and the stress of seeing it in a big mass of frizzy waves is just not worth it to me! I found a cute red cap with rhinestone mickey ears (not sticking out of the cap, just a picture on the front of the cap).

Before I went hat-commando I used (and still use every day) - Redken 22 Hot Sets. It's a spray for dry hair - you use it immediately before flat ironing & it really holds the straightness - not sticky or glossy either.

Does anyone know of a mini flat-iron that is battery operated? I'd love to get my hands on one to carry in my bag!

S. C.
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2226855

mrsklamc
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Does anyone swim? I use special ponytail holders with rubber 'grip' to try and make mine behave and it still looks scary....I have seriously thought about putting some kind of wax on it to try and hold it down.

Lisa T.
08-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I have been using Garnier Sleek and Shine line for a few weeks now. I have shorter naturaly curley hair. I really like the way my hair behaves while using the antu-humidity line of the sleek and shine. Shampoo, conditioner, smoothing cream (a little goes a long way) and anti-humidity non aresol hair spray.

opus_00
08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Does your hair have any wave to it, or is it straight? My hair is thick and wavy, but not "pretty wavy," and also gets very frizzy. I live in a high-humidity area and have two options with my hair:

(1) Use an anti-frizz serum (I like the John Frieda products as others have mentioned, and I have also tried the new L'Oreal glossy style that someone mentioned below. I will also use a good straightening iron to make my hair completely straight, and it will resist the urge to frizz for a couple of days. The best reasonably-priced straightening iron I have found for my hair is the Jilbere brand at Sally's. It works great for me.

(2) The second option is often the best for me if I am going to be outside all day like when I go to Disney: just go with what my hair wants to do and wear it wavy. But I still want to get rid of the frizz, so I will put a wavy-hair product in it that encourages wave but controls frizz. I have used John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls, Samy Big Curls, and a homemade solution of sea salt mixed with water in a spray bottle. This option makes my hair look more wavy than frizzy. Might not be an option for you if your hair has no wave/body to it, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Whichever option I use, I usually give up by the end of the day and put it in a pony tail and stick a baseball cap on top! And if I get wet, forget it! Good luck to you. Disney and my hair do not go together well either.

threeboysmom
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Well..... probably not what you're expecting to hear, BUT....

I have very frizzy/curly and very dry hair.... looks like a bird's nest.... seriously.

What I do to combat frizz, is straighten my hair. It's an absolute MUST that you use an ionic straightner like Chi or Sedu (my favorite). Well worth the $120 or so versus the cheap ones. I also use a product called Biosilk. Just a dime-sized drop in my palm, rub my palms together, and lightly run through the surface of my hair. Adds great shine and keeps any stray hairs flat. I have long hair, but I can still straighten it completely in about 20 minutes. (I let it dry naturally first...if I have the time; otherwise I blowdry when it's semi-dry).

The siggy picture of me was taken in 100 degree, super HIGH humidity, in Jamaica. I was sweating bullets during the picture taking, but my hair is still sleek and frizz-free.