PDA

View Full Version : My Survey ... is it worth it?

twinnersmama
07-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Can you make any money doing it? Are there any catches? I tried looking on the website, and it seems pretty clear cut. Do you have to give a SS#?

Trying to earn a few extra dollars to make my case to go to WDW in November !

kristinanderic
07-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Mysurvey was good, I used to use it all the time before I had kids...ended up making about $50, a ipod, 8 weeks of free pull ups, free shampoo, free deodorant...ect...things have got busy though and I don't have time to do all the surveys :(

Ava
07-31-2009, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't expect to make much money very quickly doing surveys. I belong to a few different survey sites and make a few bucks here & there, but you only get paid if you meet the criteria for the survey. So sometimes you'll spend 5 minutes answering questions and then be told you don't qualify for the study. You also usually have to make a certain amount before you can cash out, so depending on how many surveys you qualify for it can take a while to actually get any money.

mykidslovesdisney
07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
I just cashed out my points for $80. To reach the $10 amount you need 1,000 pts. I have been doing this survey forever (well it seems like it). I want to say I earn about 1,000 pts a year give or take. Last yr for our WDW trip I thougth about cashing out for $70 but decided to wait. I did it about a month ago and got the check last week. I dont' remember giving them SSN when i joined. I use to do them via mail way back when. The surveys are easy to do. I already started working on earning more points.

We are going to use the $80 towards tips and ds2 meals (they charge us since he has food allergies)

rflorek
07-31-2009, 08:27 AM
You can earn if you get on a special long-term project. I was on a 2-year film/camera/photo diary for them, and cashed out for about $50 per year. Other than that, I don't think My Survey pays well enough for the time that you put in on their surveys.

eyor44
07-31-2009, 08:27 AM
I made $60 in a about a year, but I didn't do all of the surveys so I could have made more. I have received a lot of free items to test. Some have been items I use and others are products companies are considering selling.
No catches and it is a really easy web site to use.

Redwitch
07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I think they are legitimate - but "YMMV." I've been doing surveys for over two years. I don't have the minimum to cash out and never got to try a product with them. Like all surveys - it depends on your demographics. I look at these as "extra money." If it comes, great - but I don't expect it.

Jen_in_NH
07-31-2009, 11:31 AM
I do it, but I certainly don't get much for it. I generally cash out whenever I reach the minimum needed to do it (I am never sure when they'll chaneg the rules about cashing out, so I do it quickly). I have got to test a few things, usually baby supplies. It's not a huge amount of time, and any extra cash can't hurt.

Jen

pixiewings71
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I do it, I have about $70 sitting in my account right now and I cashed out $70 not too long ago. I get a LOT of surveys from them and I do a lot of the market study stuff too. I think they are great, I get a lot of offers and I've been a member for quite a while. Actually they were the first online survey group I signed up with. :)

leahjade
07-31-2009, 12:10 PM
I belong to several survey sites and make a few $10 gift cards a year. Certainly nothing that would enable you to make any quick money for a vacation. For the time spent, it's more lucrative for a part-time job!