PDA

View Full Version : mousekeeping question?

ldmarcot
07-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Do you leave mousekeeping $ daily or just at the end of your stay?
I think it should be left daily, and my DH says at the end of the stay.
Just wanted to get others thoughts on this.

momof1princess
07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
i leave a tip each day, because the same person doesn't clean your room every day, and if i left it at the end of my stay, i'm sure someone would miss out on a tip they deserved for a job well done.

MommaSue
07-30-2009, 07:13 PM
We left a tip daily. You don't always have the same mousekeeper every day, so that way whoever cleans your room that day gets a tip.:)

Just make sure you leave a note with it or else they won't take it.

Darcy03231
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Another daily tipper here for the same reasons.

tnd
07-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Daily also, for the same reason.

roxanne_kliebert
07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
I go to the web site Mouse For Less and where you see downloads, you will find envelopes with different Disney Characters that you can print for free. I print a different envelope for each day we stay, put our tip into it before leaving on our trip. The others envelopes stay in the safe at our hotel room.. Each morning we leave our tip envelope and we had a very nice clean room when we return to our room.

le9397
07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Another daily tipper here

Justsyd2
07-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Daily here, also..

figaromeetsmarie
07-30-2009, 09:50 PM
How much does everyone tip daily?

momof1princess
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
i usually tip $5 each day.

SamSam
07-30-2009, 11:11 PM
There are only 2 of us and we keep our room very neat so I tip $3.00 a day.

MrsPooh
07-31-2009, 12:10 AM
Daily here - four of us in the room, I leave $4/day

I make mousekeeping envelopes to match our "theme" for the day. On AK day it has Lion King on it, on MK day it has a traditional Mickey, etc.

Just our own bit of magic:wizard:

Nermel9
07-31-2009, 06:14 AM
I feel so horrible about last year, I didn't leave tips for Mousekeeping, I didn't know you had to. :confused3 This year, I'm definitely going to make up for it!

Ashlander
07-31-2009, 06:25 AM
I feel so horrible about last year, I didn't leave tips for Mousekeeping, I didn't know you had to. :confused3 This year, I'm definitely going to make up for it!

I don't think you have to do it - I think people do it to show appreciation of the Mousekeeping is doing...plus I always hope they will leave us a suprise towel animal. Those just make my day!

rflorek
07-31-2009, 06:54 AM

You don't have to tip at any hotel, but I always do. And I always have extra towels and toiletries without asking (plus the towel animals at WDW!!:cool1:), and my room is always very neat & promptly turned around every day.

MiniGirl
07-31-2009, 07:06 AM

You do not have to. Actually, mousekeeping is a non-tipping role at WDW. If the mousekeepers are following the rules, they are turning in the tips and it is going into a fund that is used for CM appreciation. Now how many of them actually do that? I haven't a clue.

So, I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't leave a tip. If you do and the CM acts in accordance with the rules of their contract, then the money is used for CMs -- perhaps CMs that are paid much less than mousekeeping will benefit from it. Who knows?

Now, that said... we sometimes leave a tip and sometimes don't, and it has made no difference in the service we have received. There have been times we left a tip and have come back to a clean room but no towel animals or anything like that. Other times we have left no tip and came back to towel animals and our own stuffed critters left into little scenes that have delighted our children.

dex08
07-31-2009, 07:33 AM
We tipped daily and there were just two of us and I think we left $4 per day.

MartinaC
07-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Daily tipper here also.