PDA

View Full Version : mix up with payments

i love eeyore
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi, I am after a little bit of advise, I booked a trip for august and paid 10% deposit over the phone, a few weeks later i decided i would like the remainder paid on a different card, so I phoned disney to inform them of the new card details, they took the rest of the balance straight away instead of waiting for the due date (60 days before travelling) so i phoned them up and they apologised and refunded the money back to my card, the due date has since passed and disney have not reapplied for the money, I checked my reservation on line and it says that the trip is paid in full, i phoned disney and asked if they could confirm that the trip has been paid for and they said it has. How would you deal with this situation?

markpsych
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
:rolleyes1......:banana:

hollymattbenmilo
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
hahaha... i would jump and down and go yyyeeeeeyyy and keep my fingers and toes crossed... haha:lmao:

markpsych
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
:banana:

thelittlemermaid83
07-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I would personally check again because there have been times where they have said i have paid the full amount and when they have doubled check after i queried it they find that i havent.

i love eeyore
07-30-2009, 02:06 PM
My first reaction was to jump up and down and scream yee ha but then my sensible side took over and now i am worried we will get there and they will have no room and no park tickets for us.

buttercup1982
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
We booked our holiday and a couple of days later we added the premium vouchers. When I added the vouchers they said my card had declined!:scared1: I knew it couldn't have as I had spent nothing on it bar the flights and the hotel. Phoned my bank to be told it wasn't declined and that the lady had put the wrong CVC number in. So I asked for the last few transactions to be told there was no hotel booking on my card only the flights!:scared1: Phoned Disney back to be told yes my hotel was booked and it was paid in full! Made yet another call to my bank to be then told nothing was pending on my account and if their was a transaction going through they would no about it! :confused3
Very worried for a few days for it then to come off the card phew!! :goodvibes

dlpSteve
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd phone and explain what you said here until they understand and take the payment, which they could legally claim at any time - better pay it now when you have the money than forget about it and have them come for it when it's not a good time.

Ms Poppins
07-30-2009, 04:49 PM
If it's anything like our system at work, then it may be showing as paid at their end, but the funds haven't actually come out of your account yet.

We have to apply for payments 3 working days before the actual due date, and our system updates immediately to say it has paid - but it doesn't come off the customer's bank until a few days later.

I'd wait a few days - see what happens, and then call them again. If you do it too soon, you may risk them taking it twice.