PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store in St Louis?

amsyw
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Is there no longer a St Louis Disney Store? I did a search on the disneystore.com website and nothing comes up. We are going up for the weekend and thought we might try to get by one.

Anyone know?

Thanks

kristinanderic
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
They took them out of all the malls. There is still two in Branson (last time I checked) which is closer to you.

amsyw
07-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, we go frequently to the 2 in Branson, its only a 20-30 drive! :banana: I was just thinking there had been one in Union Station, but when I looked it wasn't showing it. Then I searched on the web site thinking there HAD to still be one in St Louis!

WOW is all I can say!

dmpteacher
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Disney closed A LOT of their stores about a year ago...mainly the under-performing ones. My best friend is a manager of one in Atlanta and she was actually afraid of hers being closed. It wasn't (thank goodness), but there were a couple even in the Atlanta area that closed.

Times MUST be tough when even Disney doesn't sell anymore.. :sad1::sad1:

sonnesolsun
07-31-2009, 12:16 AM
OP...are you guys coming up to go to the Christmas Carol Train Tour??? It is at Union Station Friday, Saturday and Sunday...just curious...

To my dismay they did close ALL the Disney store in the St. Louis area. I actually talked to one of the managers at the store we frequented and she said it had nothing to do w/declining sales at their store. They were actually doing well and their sales were up a little, but it was a nationwide consolidation and all St. Louis stores were being closed. BUMMER!!!

Now I make all my shirts from the great creative DISigners on the DisBoards!!!:lmao:

Have a great weekend!:wizard:

MrsPooh
07-31-2009, 01:07 AM
I miss our Disney stores :(

I used to be there nearly every week. Now the only time I've been to a Disney store at all since last June was during a trip to KC and I drove 30 minutes out of the way to get there!

I really wish they'd reopen at least one here in town.

Mommy2SabrinaJeremy
07-31-2009, 01:54 AM
It's a real bummer for us in STL! I did get some great deals on t-shirts for the kids last year but I'd give that up to have just one store in the area.

:sad2: