View Full Version : Upgrading tickets?
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Can anyone explain upgrading tickets to me.
If I have a 4 day hopper pass with one day left on them but I would like to be able to upgrade that to possibly be able to use it for 7 days is that possible?
And how does the pricing work?
Or can anyone point me in the right direction of a good website that will break it all down for me, because the CM I just talked to did not sound like knew much about upgrading.
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
You can upgrade MYW tickets within fourteen days of first use, whether or not you have purchased the no-expiration option. If it is beyond 14 days, you are out of luck (except with some FL resident tickets).
If you are within 14 days, you go to a guest services window and say you want to upgrade. You will be charged the difference between the gate price of the ticket you have (if it has been used) and the gate price of the ticket you want.
This explains it all:
For your specific example, the difference between a 4-day hopper and a 7-day hopper is about $10.
07-30-2009, 11:09 PM
You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.
Post and Contents
1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes (Including Renewal Vouchers)
15H. Upgrading Completely Used Tickets
16. Price List as of August 3, 2008
17. Comparison Chart of 2007 and 2008 Pricing.
18. Free On Your Birthday 2009 Promotion
19. Additional Birthday Promotion Details and Clarification
20. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2009
To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.