PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland & Monsters Inc

CRITCHK
07-30-2009, 08:48 AM
My Daughter (4) really loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, especially Alice. I was wondering what there is to see or do in the parks to do with Alice and if there is anywhere you can meet and greet with Alice?

I know there is the Mad Hatters Tea Cups and Alice's maze is there anything else?

Would Alice be somewhere like Aubergue or is that just for the princesses?

Also my son (2) is mad about Mike from Monsters Inc is there anywhere you could meet him or any rides etc to do with Monsters Inc?

lilacgems23
07-30-2009, 08:51 AM
You see alice and some of the others includingcards in the parade, I didnt see any meet and greets with any of them.

Monster Inc does meet and Greets in the studio but dont recall any rides for Monster Inc

thelittlemermaid83
07-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Ask City Hall if Alice will be around in the park, she is sometimes out but very hard to spot. Mad Hatter is sometimes out and about in the park too.

We are hoping to see Alice as DD wants to wear her Alice costume when we go in September.

MummyMinnie
07-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Mike and Sully have a meet and greet in the studios, there is a Monsters Inc area but only for photos, no rides. There is a 'scream' machine where you scream through a tube and it tells you how loud you are:rotfl2: Sully is also on the Stars and Cars parade in the studios but Mike wasn't.

Alice was in the park this week - by the Small World ride, in fact there were a lot of what I'd call 'unusual' characters in this area which we've never noticed before. Including two we haven't got a clue who they were! Didn't get chance for any pics sadly as we didn't notice them until we were queueing for the ride, time we got off they'd all gone.

Definitely the best thing is to check at City Hall about Alice, they were very helpful in our quest to find Snow White.

tinksprinkles
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
we saw the queen of hearts and the white rabbit came off the good morning parade for the scrum type meet n greet. The queen of hearts played a great part stomping around although she is a bit scarey my dd 9 an dn 10 wouldnt stand with her for a pic but got autographs at arms length

MichelinMan
07-31-2009, 04:37 AM
There is a permanent plastic model of Mike standing next to a door at the Monsters Inc. meet n greet area in WDS, as well as a couple of plastic models of the yellow 'decontamination squad' - Sulley is here sometimes for a 'live' meet n greet too. You can also get some good interaction with Sulley behind the stage during the Cars n Stars show (he was fighting with Stitch, who was dressed in an Elvis suit, when we went!). Sulley wasn't able to sign autographs though, because of the costume.

Alice's Labyrinth was actually quite good - better than I expected, and my 5 year old DS really enjoyed it.

I never saw Alice in person the whole trip though.

britchic4
07-31-2009, 04:41 AM
For some reason we've seen Alice and friends (Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Queen) almost every time we've been, generally near the maze. They don't stick around long though.

loobylou44
07-31-2009, 01:43 PM
We saw Mad hatter, Queen of Hearts and Tweedledum and Tweedledee yesterday (thurs 30th July), they were just leaving the maze area and it was about 5.30pm, so I'm guessing they'd been in that area doing autographs and photos maybe from 5 or 5.15.

CRITCHK
08-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Many thanks for all your replies. Sounds a bit like pot luck if we see them or not. Will ask at City Hall when we get there.