PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap and Fast Pass

CRITCHK
07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Ok so I sort of understand how each works. But how do I combine them both or can you combine them both?

I have a 2 & 4 year old so don't think they will want to go on the TOT or some others, but my and OH do. So how do we do this and what the best way?

Could I get a FP do the ride then swap at the exit with OH? Does OH need a FP to do this if not could we get a FP each then do the ride twice?

Can you do baby swap on all rides with height restrictions?

I am so confused!

milomummy
07-30-2009, 09:10 AM
My son is 5, and was too small to go on Rock n Roller Coaster (wouldn't have let him on it even if he was big enough tho, too grown up for him!).

My hubby and I were in the queue, when we got to the CM I asked if we could 'baby' switch and I was given a 'baby switch fast pass'.
My hubby rode first, then when he came out, I went to the FP queue with my pass and went straight through.

Donzy84
07-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Me too!!!!!! only i didn't realise it until I read your post!:guilty:

Ms Poppins
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I think that it's worth speaking to a cm at each ride. For BTM we didn't need any special 'baby switch card' - we used one fast pass. My dh went in the queue and when he came off I went to the cm at the end, who let me on.

When we went to aerosmith, we didn't know about the special ticket they gave you, so the cm at the end of the ride would not let my dh on, after i had ridden. She was really rude and shooed us away. I spoke to the cm at the start of the ride, who gave us a ticket and let my dh ride.

So, unless things have changed, and btm should have given us a ticket too - I think it would save a lot of time, and be a sensible idea to speak to the cm that is at the start of each ride.

Ljay
07-31-2009, 06:45 AM
I will be going for the first time with a 2 yr old in dec, i was wondering about the baby switch to. I love BTM...i cant go DLP and not ride it:love:

CRITCHK
07-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Still a bit confused!

So are you saying:
I get one FP for me
Come back at the alloted time
Go in the FP Q and tell the CM we want to do a baby swap.
Get given a baby swap FP for OH to use
Go on the Ride
Meet OH at the ride exit and pass them the baby swap FP
OH then goes on the ride at the FP Q?

If this is the case we should be able to get say 2 fast passes at a time and go on double the amount of rides?

Ms Poppins
08-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Still a bit confused!

So are you saying:
I get one FP for me
Come back at the alloted time
Go in the FP Q and tell the CM we want to do a baby swap.
Get given a baby swap FP for OH to use
Go on the Ride
Meet OH at the ride exit and pass them the baby swap FP
OH then goes on the ride at the FP Q?

If this is the case we should be able to get say 2 fast passes at a time and go on double the amount of rides?

With BTM, dh had a fastpass and joined the f/p queue. I went to the exit of the ride to wait. Because BTM has two sides (2 trains running) you don't know what exit they are going to come off. I was told to wait for dh at the exit, and then when he came off i went to the left hand side of the exit where the cm let me on. You do not need to join another queue. You get right on. - The same applies for Space Mountain.

I suppose if you have 2 fastpasses you would just follow this process again. The only ride we were given a baby swap ticket was at Aerosmith. I think this is because the loading bays are different. On Aerosmith when you get off, the train then moves into the loading bay empty. With BTM and SM when the train stops it is already in the loading bay.

Sorry if I've confused you even more - but you really don't need to worry about this too much. Just ask the CM at each ride what to do with baby switch and they'll keep you right.