PDA

View Full Version : In the shade??

Suzanne1979
07-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Hi everyone,

We're off to DLRP next Monday (:banana:), so I've started checking the weather forecasts for Paris... it's looking great (dry!!), but hot, Wednesday 31C :cool2: !

Do you have any tips as where to get some shade or a nice cool air con restaurant or whatever? From what I've read, WDS is good in case of very hot weather, because so much of it is indoors... But I'd appreciate any tips you have, thanks!

~4 nights to go~

Ware Bears
07-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Most of DLRP was built for bad weather so there's plenty of places to escape from the sun if need be.

Thinking off the top of my head ~ both Discovery and Liberty Arcades will offer respite, most of the queueing areas are under cover, inside the caves of Adventure Isle is a great place to cool off, inside the Castle both at the top for the Sleeping Beauty Gallery and especially underneath to see the Dragon....................

There's lots of little areas you'll come across, especially in Frontierland and Adventureland, where the greenery has grown and gives plenty of shade and you can stop to recover with a drink or an ice-cream. :goodvibes

Wish I was going too! :sad1:

MinnieMouse73
07-30-2009, 05:15 AM
The fountain outside the plaza gardens restaurant is a great place to sit and dip your feet in to cool off! (or as one girl did last week, lay down and completely submerge yourself!) :rotfl:

buttercup1982
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Wey Hey!!:goodvibes were off there Wednesday and with all the rain here thought we would need our wellies!!:lmao: Where did you get your weather reports from? :confused3

Suzanne1979
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey buttercup - I also saw your name come up in the "when everyone is going" thread for approx. the same DLRP visiting days. I wish you happy planning and a very good trip! :thumbsup2

I get my weather reports from CNN.com, so that I can compare them to the forecast for my home town. It seems that Paris is 4 or 5 degrees warmer at the moment than were I live (North of the Netherlands).

I must say, though, that the predictions CNN makes go "up and down" quite a bit - I just checked again, and whereas this morning the forecast for next Wed was 31C, it is now 28C, hmmmm.... I hope that the forecast will get more steady as "THE DAY" comes closer (we're off on Mon Aug 3rd!...) Still looks dry the whole week, anyway!

loobylou44
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
We have just spent 3 nights at DLRP,arrived 28th July and came home this morning. Weather was beautiful, I had been using accuweather.com and there predictions were very accurate. Have a great time! :cool1::cool1:

mum'o'3
07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Yes accuweather.com do a very accurate 15 day forecast and it is showing hot and sunny for the next 15 days:cheer2:

A Small World
07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
We arrived at DLP today and it is very very hot - it was quite cool in the POC queue as they had some aircon on