PDA

View Full Version : No Rooms available at all at Coronado Springs?? What's up 10/3-10/9?

BC
07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I am told there is absolutely nothing available except a suite at Coronado Springs for our dates? I know it is a convention type center and wondered if that is unusual for the entire resort to be booked? Does anyone know what is going on during that time?

blissventure
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I think there's a convention-workplace summit around those dates.

BC
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess I could keep trying, but it makes me wonder if we want to stay somewhere that will be that crowded. Thanks for the response.

wdwmaw
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Here is a site that keeps an up to date convention list for your resort. Fall is a busy time for conventions and thus the no availability.

**************************************content/list.htm

madge
07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
in addition to conventions, there is the free dining promo and it's Fall break for many school districts.

Lehuaann
07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I am told there is absolutely nothing available except a suite at Coronado Springs for our dates? I know it is a convention type center and wondered if that is unusual for the entire resort to be booked? Does anyone know what is going on during that time?

I am staying during this exact timeframe...I too noticed last week nothing was available except for a suite.

iman
07-30-2009, 08:35 AM
have you tried port orleans-riverside? it is a great hotel, 6 pools, beautiful grounds, water sports and water taxi to downtown disney. I have stayed at Coronado and POR, and POR is by far our favorite. I would rate it only slightly below the Beach Club...

disneyg1rl
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
That week is a VERY busy week. Reasons mentioned above plus Food and Wine Festival. I have had a hard time getting dining reservations for that period already too.

Onezumi
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
What the heck!??? This is when I was going to go! I went this time last year and the parks etc were not crowded! I booked 2 weeks prior!

I just checked with my travel agent and she says they have king beds left. Where did you hear they were sold out?

griergirl2
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
You can book rooms on-line right now...I have a king bed up on my screen...:confused3

Onezumi
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh wow I just reread my previous post and I hope it didn't come off as screaming. I was just freaking out because DH and I really love CSR and I thought we were out of luck.

So to the original poster - you may be in luck! I just booked a King.

Maybe you were looking for 2 beds they had last year? They only have King + now, I think...since remodelling.

tinka-belle
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Conventions frequently hold blocks of rooms, then release unsold ones at an contracted date. Sometimes room inventory will free up when the block is removed, sometimes they are all sold so there's nothing to release.

I've had 50/50 luck finding a CSR room closer to my travel date, sometimes just 30 days out. I figure some convention rooms get cancelled as it gets closer too.

Lehuaann
07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Looks to be that Queen rooms are sold out. Perhaps the OP, like myself, has a family to accomodate thus when we put in our info (example 2A/2C), queen rooms are sold out and only suites remain. Obviously King rooms are available for 2.

aubriee
07-31-2009, 02:13 AM
I'll be there Sept 26th-Oct 4th. The very morning that AP discounts came out, I called early and switched from free dining to the AP discount. Even though the AP discounts had just been released a few minutes prior to my call, I had to get a King bed for Sept 26th and then was able to get a Standard room for Sept 27th-Oct 4th. Despite the AP discount just being released that morning, there were still no Standard rooms available for Sept 26th.:confused3 I've checked back periodically and still haven't had any success adding a Standard room for the 26th.

BC
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
It is 2 couples (family members) and we like to stay in the same room. Another reason I was wanting Coronado Springs was because I understand they have queen beds in their standard rooms. Is there any other moderate that may have queen beds? Not sure which ones have gone thru a remodel.

snykymom
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
It is 2 couples (family members) and we like to stay in the same room. Another reason I was wanting Coronado Springs was because I understand they have queen beds in their standard rooms. Is there any other moderate that may have queen beds? Not sure which ones have gone thru a remodel.
CBR recently underwent a remodel, but they still have double, not queen, beds. CSR got queen beds primarily because it's a convention resort and is trying to compete with other convention resorts in the area. It's the only one with queens.

BC
08-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Sounds like I might have a better chance if I wait until the middle of August which is about 45 days advance, however, I have to have my current ressie paid in full by Aug 19th. If I change, can I have the whole paid amount transferred to my new ressie with a refund due?