PDA

View Full Version : 5 Un-Birthdays & a Debutant! 6 ladies in a BLT Villa!!

TaraPA
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
My head is spinning, I'm almost shaking with excitement. This afternoon we booked a brand spanking new Bay Lake Tower 2BR Villa for our Girls-only trip!!

We've been going back & forth on this trip for months, and somehow it all just fell together in the last few days. All 5 of us are on the DIS, and we met on the DIS. We're all from the same state, within 2 hours of each other, so that works out well for us. Some of us have met (most in WDW of course), some have not. We've all been chatting on the DIS forever, it seems. We all met on the "Hi I'm from PA" thread over on the Community Board a few years ago.

I've named this thread the 4 Un-Birthdays & the Debutant because we ARE celebrating a birthday while we are there - a very special one - Linda's 60th!! (And I swear I thought Linda was no more than 45 since we met!) So she is the "debutant" - she's revealing herself to life after 60 -and it will be better than ever! The rest of us are just celebrating life with good friends, and we all have "un-birthday" pins to wear (thanks to Mystery Guest A).

TaraPA
07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Here is the cast of characters (and trust me, some are real characters...)...I'm sure they will pop in here to join in the pre-trip fun at some point!

Linda - Linda is turning 60 on this trip, so we will be celebrating that! She knows Deb well, and has met DFD & myself before in Disney.

Deb - fiftysomething (I looked at your FB profile LOL!!) Linda's friend - they are the only 2 that actually know each other well on this trip!

Terri - fortysomething (again, that darn FB!) - she's met DFD in Disney.

DFD - otherwise known as Mystery Guest A - no idea on your age - staying incognito because of an evil villian on the DIS....but well loved by all that have met her...including Linda & Terri!

myself - Tara - thirtysomething - has met Linda & Deb here in PA, and has met Linda in Disney twice.

I think I'll leave it at that - ladies why don't you all introduce yourself or add something to your profile?!?!?!?

PrincessAlways
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok,ok.....as Tara said we are definitely excited about this upcoming trip!:banana: It's still amazing to me how, after talking about it for some time, it just came together within a couple of days!! And today was THE day!!! :cool1: We were going back & forth about the different resorts. The Treehouses have all the room 5 ladies would need, but the bus service sounds terrible! :sad2: The BCV.....no discount. :headache: BWV....no availability!:mad: Oh well, I guess it will be a 2br villa at SSR. :) Oh no.......think again my friends!!!!! A few messages on facebook later, & we have a 2br villa at BLT!!! :woohoo: Can you believe it!!!!! It's amazing! There is a smile on my face that's been there all day. It just will not leave!! :rotfl: Now to get the flight & November can't get here quick enough!! :goodvibes

one small thing......you will NEVER see that number again!!!!!!!! It's just a birthday! ;)

TaraPA
07-29-2009, 07:51 PM
I have to add too, that although I've never met DFD I did talk to her on the phone today. A great deal came up for BLT while she was trying to book SSR & she called me. We literally chatted for a minute or less, and we were so excited we were yelling in the phone...

DTD: OMG BLT VILLA IS AVAILABLE SHOULD WE DO IT?
Tara: OMG NO WAY I ALWAYS WANTED TO STAY THERE WHAT DO YOU THINK?
DTD: I THINK WE SHOULD DO IT BUT I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW...
Tara: OMG BOOK IT!
DTD: OK BLT YAY!!!

click.

:rotfl2:

DFD
07-29-2009, 07:57 PM
:wave: hello I am here!!!

Well Finally Tara got it right.. I check the other post and she called me DTD!!! Hey Woman!! I know am big but not that big :lmao:

I am so looking forward to hanging out with this lovely ladies... as mentioned above.. for a brief Dole Whip Moment I have met Linda and Terri... and yes another brief moment was earlier today when I called Tara to make an executive decision!!! SSR or BLT ??? Huh ??? what BLT ?? Ok.. BLT it is !!!

I have not met Tara IRL but isnt this real??? and after that phone call def'ly real!!!

Just to excited!!! it will be frist of all first and am excited to share it with these ladies...

Woooooooooooooooooohooooo Bacon Lettuce Tomato here we come !!!:laughing:

DFD
07-29-2009, 08:00 PM
I have to add too, that although I've never met DFD I did talk to her on the phone today. A great deal came up for BLT while she was trying to book SSR & she called me. We literally chatted for a minute or less, and we were so excited we were yelling in the phone...

DTD: OMG BLT VILLA IS AVAILABLE SHOULD WE DO IT?
Tara: OMG NO WAY I ALWAYS WANTED TO STAY THERE WHAT DO YOU THINK?
DTD: I THINK WE SHOULD DO IT BUT I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW...
Tara: OMG BOOK IT!
DTD: OK BLT YAY!!!

click.

:rotfl2:

and there she goes again calling me downtowndisney LOL:rotfl::rotfl2:

I tell yah !! that phone call was def'ly a Mouse Magic Moments!!!!!

TaraPA
08-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Ladies - it's AUGUST!! That means November is in 3 months. Only 3 more months!!! We have soooo much to talk about on Friday - we mght be there for hours!

DFD
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Ladies - it's AUGUST!! That means November is in 3 months. Only 3 more months!!! We have soooo much to talk about on Friday - we mght be there for hours!

Found the outlet mall with no problem yesterday which mean I will not have any by the time I go for our meet.

Looking forward for some free fudge and moose much :goodvibes

TaraPA
08-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Six! It's six!! We're up to SIX ladies in a BLT villa!!!!!

PrincessAlways
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, we are up to SIX crazy ladies in the villa!!!!:dance3::dance3: Look out World!!! :woohoo: We are coming to party!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

DFD
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
:hourglass

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1 :drinking1

excuse me.. Linda.. are drinking that ???? :rotfl2:

PrincessAlways
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
If it's Rosa Regale, you bet I am!!! :rotfl2:

TaraPA
08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I can't believe we forgot a picture today!!!!!!!!!!!! We could have asked someone at the table next to us to take a picture of our long lost sister from Saigon!!!! That's going to be our excuse every time we need someone to take a picture of the 6 of us - we'll shove Timmy out in front & act like it's her 1st trip to America & WDW...our long lost sister...daddy's little secret from Vietnam!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

TaraPA
08-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Ladies - we have our ADRs....so it's getting closer!!!!!

DFD
08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
:rolleyes1

popcorn:: <--- for fiber while waiting LOL

DFD
08-22-2009, 04:28 PM
:surfweb:

:ssst:

PrincessAlways
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
:bored:Yes, just waiting......:surfweb:

DFD
08-23-2009, 09:37 AM
:fish: :fish: :fish:

just keep waiting... just keep waiting... just keep waiting...

TaraPA
08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Well ladies, in case anyone else (besides us) is watching this thread, let's throw out some firsts that we want to do on this trip. Between the 6 of us we've probably got close to 100 trips under our belts...yet the beauty of WDW is that there's ALWAYS something new to do! If anyone out there is following this thread please throw some other "firsts" at us that we should try!

I'm going to eat TONGA TOAST for the 1st time on this trip!

DFD
08-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Well ladies, in case anyone else (besides us) is watching this thread, let's throw out some firsts that we want to do on this trip. Between the 6 of us we've probably got close to 100 trips under our belts...yet the beauty of WDW is that there's ALWAYS something new to do! If anyone out there is following this thread please throw some other "firsts" at us that we should try!

I'm going to eat TONGA TOAST for the 1st time on this trip!

Me too 1st time for Tonga Toast ( known as TT by CV :) )!!! it will be also a 1st time for BLT but not stranger to CR though :woohoo:

TaraPA
08-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd like to do the animation class in DHS...I know Linda has done this before...anyone else interested? Linda - how much time does this take?

DFD
08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I'd like to do the animation class in DHS...I know Linda has done this before...anyone else interested? Linda - how much time does this take?

I've done it before too... but cant remember.. if anybody is skipping it I will join the skippers..LOL and have a nice thick rice crispy treat by Brown Darby CS :)

TaraPA
08-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Ohhhhh Starring Rolls Cafe.....yummo!!!!! That might be my breakfast that day!

PrincessAlways
08-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, let's see...
It will be my first time @ BLT!! :woohoo: But like DFD, I have stayed @ CR.
It will be my first time to celebrate my birthday at Disney!! :banana:
I haven't seen the American Idol.
I haven't seen AKL!
I know there are other things that I've said "next time....", but can't think of them now. I'll have to think. :rolleyes1

I went into Animation & "played" in the one section where all the computers are located, along with Mickey & other characters. However, I did not go into the class. I think I read somewhere that it's about 45 minutes??? :confused3

Marshay
08-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey, ladies ... I'm crashing your PTR!

Well, actually, I was invited by DFD. We found out we're all going to be in WDW - BLT at the same time. Woo Hoo for all!!

I, too, am so excited -- got my ADRs (mostly character meals since we have two small kids) but this makes it easier to get those autographs. Speaking of which, I need to go back to working on my Autograph book -- doing "The Little Einsteins" page tonight since we're eating at Hollywood and Dine character lunch.

Oh, and I'm from Reading, PA...my parents and sister's family are in Blandon and Fleetwood...so we're not breaking the Pennsylvania mojo ;)

TaraPA
08-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Welcome Marshay!!!!!!!!!!! Wow 2 ladies from our trip are from the Reading area too!! I got married in Reading, but have always lived in the Lehigh Valley. I used to work in Topton which is next to Fleetwood, an DH is from Kempton, which is just a few miles away, towards Kutztown. Small world!

How ironic is that, that we'll all be at BLT at the same time?! Way cool!!

Marshay
08-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome Marshay!!!!!!!!!!! Wow 2 ladies from our trip are from the Reading area too!! I got married in Reading, but have always lived in the Lehigh Valley. I used to work in Topton which is next to Fleetwood, an DH is from Kempton, which is just a few miles away, towards Kutztown. Small world!

How ironic is that, that we'll all be at BLT at the same time?! Way cool!!

thanks! It really is a small world!

My aunt and uncle live in Bethlehem, too!

It's funny b/c PA must really be huge Disney country -- everytime my parents go, they meet folks from PA!

I moved down to Northern Virginia near Dulles Airport but definitely get "home" to PA 3-4 times a year -- esp to visit Hershey, Dorney, Knoebels, Willow Valley, Shady Maple and Christmas Village! (now how many of those do you recognize?) :lmao:

TaraPA
08-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't recognize Willow Valley but I am very familiar with the rest! Shady Maple WOO HOO!!!!

I'm about 4 miles south of Bethlehem! Again, small world.

What day are you checking into BLT? We'll have to try & arrange a meet, even if only to say hi. You said you're taking your kids with you - how old are they? I have young kids, but I love Disney much more than they do. This is my 3rd trip in a row WITHOUT them!!! I'm thinking I can't get away with that again, so I'm going to live it up with the ladies in November.

DFD
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Well, actually, I was invited by DFD. We found out we're all going to be in WDW - BLT at the same time. Woo Hoo for all!!

I, too, am so excited -- got my ADRs (mostly character meals since we have two small kids) but this makes it easier to get those autographs. Speaking of which, I need to go back to working on my Autograph book -- doing "The Little Einsteins" page tonight since we're eating at Hollywood and Dine character lunch.

Oh, and I'm from Reading, PA...my parents and sister's family are in Blandon and Fleetwood...so we're not breaking the Pennsylvania mojo ;)

Marshay!!! You found us!!! :welcome: party:

TaraPA
08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Um HEL-LO.....another first....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/3660962978_d8f997f2dc.jpg

DFD
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Um HEL-LO.....another first....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/3660962978_d8f997f2dc.jpg

what is that ????

DFD
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
and since we are on a budget... if TS will be cut out.. I will be able to live off the flatbreads at Contempo Cafe... I wanna try them all...

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs163.snc1/6120_1128322369797_1279340500_30384746_7760760_n.j pg
marinated beef... for $7.49

and they also have varieties of cupcake for $2.49 each
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs163.snc1/6120_1128323129816_1279340500_30384747_1472140_n.j pg

and we can get 20% discount... so refillable mug and cupcakes and flatbreads and wraps.. I might not have to leave the bldg...LOL

TaraPA
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Now if CR just had a spa so you could get your Chi fix!!!

That other pic was a chocolate drizzled soft pretzel from the bakery in Norway. I always get School Bread there. Now I think I need both - and 5 other ladies to share with!!!

DFD
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Now if CR just had a spa so you could get your Chi fix!!!

That other pic was a chocolate drizzled soft pretzel from the bakery in Norway. I always get School Bread there. Now I think I need both - and 5 other ladies to share with!!!

CHI!!! I am def'ly getting the small one for now and have to research the big one... have to tell Carol about this... how soon can I get my hands on it and how soon does she needs the mulah???:laughing:

TaraPA
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
go to www.chiretail.com & check out the different ones. Turn your volume down though - there's some freaky disco/punk music on the site! Or Amazon.com. They have good prices (well, good for Chi) on Amazon but if you read the reviews they stink. No warranty & most claim they break quickly or are fakes from Amazon. So I guess it's safest to go right to the beauty supply store where Carol gets her discount. I'll ask her tonight or tomorrow when she's going next.

Marshay
08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't recognize Willow Valley but I am very familiar with the rest! Shady Maple WOO HOO!!!!

What day are you checking into BLT? We'll have to try & arrange a meet, even if only to say hi. You said you're taking your kids with you - how old are they? I have young kids, but I love Disney much more than they do. This is my 3rd trip in a row WITHOUT them!!! I'm thinking I can't get away with that again, so I'm going to live it up with the ladies in November.

Willow Valley is a restaurant/resort complex in Lancaster. We usually try to go there for Thanksgiving dinner. They have two different smorgasbords (the nice one and the regular one), a pond, playground, wonderful bakery, unique gift shop, etc. They also have a mini-water park for the guests staying overnight.

Feel free to check out my PTR in my siggie to see a pic of my family.

DH is 46. I'm 39. My oldest daughter just turned 4 yo in July and my youngest is 5 months old. I've done WDW once by myself and loved it! Would be awesome to do it again sometime but not for a while since I'm nursing...just too hard to pump.

We arrive on Saturday, November 14th via Southwest Airlines at 1pm and will take Magical Express for our first time. Probably do Contempo Cafe for a snack since we have an early dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 5:55pm. I hope to do the BLT Lounge and/or skydeck viewing of the Fireworks that evening.

Nov 15th we do Epcot (Garden Grill)
Nov 16th we do MK (Liberty Tree Tavern)
Nov 17th we do DHS (Hollywood and Dine)

Then home (sad, sad day).

Marshay!!! You found us!!! :welcome: party:

Thanks! I look forward to your PTR!

TaraPA
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Nice pre-trip report Marshay - wow you're a PLANNER!!! I've forgotten those trips when the kids were little, I guess you totally need to be organized. I took a 7-week old infant and an 13-month old baby (not at the same time) - but nothing exactly in the age range of your DD that is 5 months now. If she's not walking yet it will be easier on you. My youngest, when he went at 13 months, wore me out. He just wanted to walk walk walk & was just too young to do that in WDW. It was September & God awful hot & humid, so in every picture we're carrying him & dripping sweat. My boys are now 9 & 12...yikes...almost a teen! Like I said though, this will be my 3rd trip in a row without them, and I am starting to feel guilty. DS9 last went alone with me in 12/07, and DS12 last went with the whole family in 12/06.

Enough of that! We have dinner reservations in Epcot at Le Cellier on 11/15 at 7:25pm - the same day you have an ADR in Epcot as well. Maybe we can meet up for a quick hello! Monday we also plan to go to MK, it's our last day. 4 of us have a 6:20pm flight so we have a good few hours to hit the park. It's going to go WAY too fast.

TaraPA
08-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok I was just telling DFD that I"m feeling nostalgic about past Disney trips....maybe it had something to do with telling Marshay how little my kids were at Disney....but I've got the urge to scan old pics! So I will now begin to bore you all to death with my endless pictures. First up are some REALLY old family Disney pics....

Ok can you say DORKS!!!! This is somewhere around 1974....that's my dad & brother in the groovy pants with those clunker Kodachrome cameras!!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL74c0001.jpg

I don't even know where this was taken - looks like an old train station entrance, but I don't recognize it as anything I've seen there lately....

TaraPA
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok here's one from 1978 - my grandparents on the left (wow what I wouldn't give to have them back for just one more trip to WDW!!), my parents & myself, age 6. OMG my mom thinks she's Jackie O....huge sunglasses, scarf around her neck & bell bottom pants with a huge embroidered butterfly on the them. We won't discuss my plaid polyester bell bottoms (prbably hand-me-downs from my brother from the last 1974 pic) and my poncho!

There's a story behind this pic, I was actually crying & being bull headed & stubborn (nooooooo, not me :rolleyes1)...I didn't want to be in any pictures, and kept whining that there was nothing magic about the Magic Kingdom. My mom said they took me on one ride & I got off all wide-eyed saying "it really IS magic!" And that's when my obsession with The Mouse began.....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/Disney19780001.jpg

DFD
08-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Ok I was just telling DFD that I"m feeling nostalgic about past Disney trips....maybe it had something to do with telling Marshay how little my kids were at Disney....but I've got the urge to scan old pics! So I will now begin to bore you all to death with my endless pictures. First up are some REALLY old family Disney pics....

Ok can you say DORKS!!!! This is somewhere around 1974....that's my dad & brother in the groovy pants with those clunker Kodachrome cameras!!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL74c0001.jpg

I don't even know where this was taken - looks like an old train station entrance, but I don't recognize it as anything I've seen there lately....

it says Frontierland... shoot... I have a picture somewhere in the pile of albums that can match this...LOL I have to look for it!!! was that you running away from the camera ...

TaraPA
08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Hahaha no that's not me running from the pic but check out the overalls on that kid!!! Your're right, it does say Frontierland. You must go find your pic like this to post too!!!!

Ok fast forward to 1987...this time I was in high school & thought I was all that! Check out my Jams shorts, yellow high top Reeboks, the plastic colored sunglasses, oh must I go on....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL87b0001.jpg

that's my grandfather, my dad (he's graduated to his ever cool 1980's Members Only blue jacket!!!), myself, my cousin & my mom.

TaraPA
08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh grainy pic....lets try some more from 1987....

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL87h0001.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL87g0001.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/Old%20DIsney%20pics/FL87d0001.jpg

DFD
08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
OMG Tara... I remember those reeboks!!! I have a fw colors..LOL to much my big sweater and short skirts... like it was FlashDance everyday!!!!!!!:lmao:

Marshay
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I love the old photos!! My parents took my sister and I every 3 years to WDW starting in 1977 or so! So, we too, have a great love of Disney. My grandparents were the first to go and introduced us.

TaraPA -- Ok, your kids are due back at WDW soon!!

Re: my PTR. "hello, my name is Marshay and yes, I'm an organizer." <Hi, Marshay!>

My goal for 11/15 is to get to Epcot around 6pm so we can do the "B-C Ticket rides" like Figment, Land Boat Ride, Nemo and Friends or Spaceship Earth before our dinner. After dinner we may/may not stick around. I never know what to exactly expect with the girls...

That would be cool to meet up with you all to say hello. Let's work on that closer to the day.

And I totally LOVE Le Cellier!! You guys were so lucky to get such a primetime to eat there. We've been there 3 or 4 x now but usually get like 4:20pm time.

TaraPA
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Linda's birthday is the 15th so we let her pick where she wanted to eat. I was in charge of getting ADRs & was so nervous we wouldn't get that one! I got up at 7am on day 90 to try - and thankfully got 7:25pm! Yahoo!!!

DFD
08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Linda's birthday is the 15th so we let her pick where she wanted to eat. I was in charge of getting ADRs & was so nervous we wouldn't get that one! I got up at 7am on day 90 to try - and thankfully got 7:25pm! Yahoo!!!

Yes!! And you did a great job!!! Last Tuesday I was there and I enjoyed the trio appetizers with lotsa tomatoes!!!! Yummy!!!!!!! And a nice glass of Riesling !!!

TaraPA
08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Carol loves Riesling so you'll have a partner in crime!!!!

DFD
08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Carol loves Riesling so you'll have a partner in crime!!!!

I wonder iof she had tried the Traminer Riesling I told her... late harvest Yummy!

tiggerfan4me
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't wait. Linda was with me in March and helped make a special birthday for me, and my niece was born on my birthday too. Woo hoo:cheer2: Last birthday trip we took the Segway tour. Awesome. However, I kept spinning in circles at first. I was glad to add humor for everyone. :laughing: Well we will definitely be making some new memories and hopefully have many, many stories to post and chat about. This is incredible.

PrincessAlways
08-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Just got back from OCMD. Boy, I love taking naps on the beach!!:beach:

Welcome Marshay!!!:wave2: Small world indeed!! As you said, closer to the time, we will work out a meeting! Aren't you just excited about BLT!!! :yay: The six of us definitely are!! :dance3: :dance3:
Yes, Tara was in charge & she did a wonderful job!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks Tara! :)
I can't wait. Linda was with me in March and helped make a special birthday for me, and my niece was born on my birthday too. Woo hoo:cheer2: Last birthday trip we took the Segway tour. Awesome. However, I kept spinning in circles at first. I was glad to add humor for everyone. :laughing: Well we will definitely be making some new memories and hopefully have many, many stories to post and chat about. This is incredible.
:lmao: Deb did just go in circles at first on the Segway! It was so funny! But she quickly got the hang of it!

tiggerfan4me
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
thanks! It really is a small world!

My aunt and uncle live in Bethlehem, too!

It's funny b/c PA must really be huge Disney country -- everytime my parents go, they meet folks from PA!

I moved down to Northern Virginia near Dulles Airport but definitely get "home" to PA 3-4 times a year -- esp to visit Hershey, Dorney, Knoebels, Willow Valley, Shady Maple and Christmas Village! (now how many of those do you recognize?) :lmao:

Bunch of great places. Been to all of them. I used to go to Willow Valley for a good brunch on Sunday's. Many moons ago. I love Knoebels but it has been several years since I was up. Now I just drive by Christmas Village. Went there when my sons werelittle. They are almost 27 and 25 now.

DFD
09-06-2009, 12:48 PM
:happytv:

PrincessAlways
10-07-2009, 11:40 AM
ok......here's another idea if the Dessert Party doesn't come through. Has anyone experienced eating at the Prime Time Cafe??? It is a fun place. I've been there once & didn't stop laughing the entire time! The only thing is that it's in DHS & I've forgotten our itinerary!!! Plus being this close to the date (oh yes we are!!) it's probably booked. Deb & I were just talking about the trip (as we do EVERYDAY!!!!) & this one came up. Just a thought. If not, no big deal!!!

Sorry for the rambling!!!! I just reread that!!! LOL!!!

tiggerfan4me
10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I think it would be fun. Can you imagine our "mother" telling us about proper manners and eating? Ha Ha Ha

DFD
10-08-2009, 02:52 AM
quick note will elaborate later... sleepy...

dessert = IMHO I think it is a waste of money... I saw the lay out and tried to steal some shots but CM were strick if you are not guest...

the light was never off so yes watching wishes with lights on not my thing... I dont know about you... if you can eat 10 chocolate cover strawberries well yes your 20 some dollars will be worth it... coffee kept on running out... there were only 3 dessert table for desserts... I dont think there's anything spectacular about it..

dates... now they are on hold... had been asking since I got here... hopefully I will find out by Saturday...

BLT saw the lobby the pool and the hallways it was really nice... smells so clean and new.. new paintgs and new carpets... CM's were all nice..

BLT Pool... its ok but I still love the CR Lake side pool...

ok.. thats my update... will add later... started day yesterday at 11AM and got home at 1Am and finshed laundry by 230Am now am going to sleep...:cloud9:

TaraPA
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
OMG 3:52AM?!?!?!?!?

Keep the FB pics coming, I love to see what you're up to!

5 WEEK COUNTDOWN starts TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFD
10-08-2009, 08:25 AM
OMG 3:52AM?!?!?!?!?

Keep the FB pics coming, I love to see what you're up to!

5 WEEK COUNTDOWN starts TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara!!!! Candice had tAken pictures of the BLT... the moment we stepped in the lobby was the moment we made a pact with the Dis Devil... uh huh toooo funny... we did not have any direction yesterday... started at POFQ where they are staying... OMG I stayed there before and had loved it... and had been telling everybody to stay there... now I know all those who listened me to must have hated me!!!! The bus system was crazy!!! When I stayed there I had a rental... so finally yesterday I learned the hard way!... From SSR (did i tell you how much I love love love my home research...LOL) I walked to DTD to get either the boat or the bus... boat was not running yet... so off the bus I took... 1st we stopped at PI which was fine.. then to TL.... mind you this was in the morning.. the slowest part of the day...LOL

TaraPA
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a fun day exploring though. So what's on the agenda for today?!?!?!?!

DFD
10-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Sounds like a fun day exploring though. So what's on the agenda for today?!?!?!?!
accckk I typed longer than that... what happened.. well I really just have to wait till I FB it to you guys... someone must be saving me from not being crucified.. we monorail hop and thats all I will type now..LOL

TaraPA
10-08-2009, 08:58 AM
well say hello to the Teddy Bear lady at GF today!!!

DFD
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
well say hello to the Teddy Bear lady at GF today!!!

already did... :) and will have to go see her before I go home.. it was a brief moment... Pete had not stayed at GF so we were giving him the grand tour... and plotting for December...LOL

From there we hop to Poly to have some dole whip which just like the other plans we had got changed the last minute...

but the best stop was really at CR!!!! OMG!!! I am so going to Dis Hell.. hahahahaha

BTW... CHI'ing is still not easy in FL!!!!!!!!!

TaraPA
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Why is CHI-ing difficult - the high humidity?

Have fun today, I'm so jealous. I would do just about anything for Tonga Toast today!

DFD
10-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Why is CHI-ing difficult - the high humidity?

Have fun today, I'm so jealous. I would do just about anything for Tonga Toast today!

Chi'ed hair last if you are staying just outside.. the cold air then out again really was not a good combination... a couple of days that I chi'ed was great in the AM... but as soon as PM comes or if you decide to go to any misty ride!!! forget it !!!

Today going back to F&W for the Wine... did all frozen the 1st day... I wish you gals are here....

PrincessAlways
10-08-2009, 09:16 AM

I know Tara!!!! I'm jealous too!! But we'll be there SOOOOOOON!!!! Tonga Toast!!! :banana::woohoo::yay: :dance3::dance3:

DFD
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I know Tara!!!! I'm jealous too!! But we'll be there SOOOOOOON!!!! Tonga Toast!!! :banana::woohoo::yay: :dance3::dance3:

SOmething is really wrong with me...lol I know I have a few days before I go to work.. here I am setting.. dising and showing my neighbors the rope on tghe dis and we are both getting teary eyed because we are leaving Monday.... and to think I will be back with you guys!!! What is it with the mouse???

TaraPA
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Disney really IS magic!

DFD
10-09-2009, 05:00 PM
a 5th park is being built that can be see from the windows from BLT... located near CSR more of an adult location just like DTD. DTD was sorta kinda discontinued due to a wrong move of opening it to minor. Was open to minor and had to increase insurance net.

The Four Season resort that was being built is 25% owned by the trump and is going to cater with peeps who really have $$$$$ to waste/burn

Dessert Party might get canned by the end of Oct.

TaraPA
10-09-2009, 05:04 PM
OOOO interesting info! Thanks for the updates ducky-doo!

Oh wait, I didn't mean ducky DOO as in ducky POO.....I was just trying to be cutesie...ok, I'll stop now before I make it worse....

DFD
10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
OOOO interesting info! Thanks for the updates ducky-doo!

Oh wait, I didn't mean ducky DOO as in ducky POO.....I was just trying to be cutesie...ok, I'll stop now before I make it worse....

:lmao::thumbsup2 I got it..

I dont wanna go home...:headache:

TaraPA
10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't you still have 3 days???

And who is LEROY?

DFD
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Don't you still have 3 days???

And who is LEROY?

I fly back Monday....

Leroy is Donald's middle name :)

this has been one of the best holiday for me... met alot of new pals and had alot of downtime like now...

and is proud to say that in my bldg... my studio was the happening place :p young and old alike :banana:

PrincessAlways
10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I fly back Monday....

Leroy is Donald's middle name :)

this has been one of the best holiday for me... met alot of new pals and had alot of downtime like now...

and is proud to say that in my bldg... my studio was the happening place :p young and old alike :banana:

Never knew Donald had a middle name!!! Leave it to you to know EVERYTHING!! :rotfl:

Happening place, huh!!!! Of course! We would expect nothing less! :rotfl:

DFD
10-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Never knew Donald had a middle name!!! Leave it to you to know EVERYTHING!! :rotfl:

Happening place, huh!!!! Of course! We would expect nothing less! :rotfl:

its is great to just meet your neighbor at the food court and by the time you get back to your bldg we are already planning on activities... I told them you must not have a life like me :lmao: well who needs one when you are at Disney :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

tiggerfan4me
10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
wow, sounds like your trip was fantastic. So much information, you are just a wealth of ino. Our trip will be here in no time. It will be awesome. Maybe you can share some info on our trip for each of us that we didn't know before. Like Donald having a middle name. I will have to ask my disney son see if he knows that. Awesome

DFD
10-12-2009, 01:45 AM
in 30 days we are going to be at BLT Ladies!!!! and in 3 hours and 30 minutes my ME pick will be here... boohooo... just got back to MAgic Kingdom and doing last minute packing LOL

Marshay
10-12-2009, 07:37 AM
just letting you know I'm still reading!

Wow -- it's like 30 days!! (32 for me...)

tiggerfan4me
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Well DFD back to reality but your next trip is right around the corner. We all can't wait. It sounds like your trip was great. Will be anxious to hear any of your stories.

TaraPA
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Marshay! Yes we're all starting our "real" countdowns now (not that we havent been counting down for months!)

PrincessAlways
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
just letting you know I'm still reading!

Wow -- it's like 30 days!! (32 for me...)

Hi Marshay!! You'll be at BLT at the same time!! We should try to meet up, even if it's just to say HI!!! :thumbsup2

tiggerfan4me
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
It certainly is hard to believe we are just 30 days away. Where does the time go. We will have a blast. I agree with Linda that it would be good to hook up with you Marshay.

Marshay
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi Marshay!! You'll be at BLT at the same time!! We should try to meet up, even if it's just to say HI!!! :thumbsup2

It certainly is hard to believe we are just 30 days away. Where does the time go. We will have a blast. I agree with Linda that it would be good to hook up with you Marshay.

Yes, I'd love to say hi!!:goodvibes

Here's my schedule...tell me if anything overlaps or is open...my unplanned time is 11/16 in the morning and 11/18 in the morning. Can also meet after I put the kids to bed in the evenings. We plan to swim/take naps in the afternoons on 11/15 and 11/17 so that could work, too.

11/14 - Arrive around 3pm via ME; 5:55pm Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Fireworks at BLT Lounge

11/15 - Epcot Rope Drop. 6:55pm Dinner at Garden Grill. Illuminations

11/16 - AM - Swim/Hotel. MK around 11:30am. 5:20pm Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Parade and Fireworks.

11/17 - DHS. 12:30pm lunch. Osborne lights in evening. DTD

11/18 - Depart ME 12:05pm. Nothing planned in the morning.

TaraPA
10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
4 week countdown!!!

Hey can we cancel ADRs online? I forgot we decided against The Wave for 6:55pm on Friday 11/13 (the 4 of you still have a Wave ressie for that day at noon since DFD has 50% off) - so I need to cancel it.

PrincessAlways
10-16-2009, 08:59 PM
4 week countdown!!!

Hey can we cancel ADRs online? I forgot we decided against The Wave for 6:55pm on Friday 11/13 (the 4 of you still have a Wave ressie for that day at noon since DFD has 50% off) - so I need to cancel it.

Yes, if you made the ADR online, you can cancel it online.

DFD
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Tara... whats our itinerary again??? I know I have our day(me and Terri) all planned out... LOL

we meet at PHL...
we chat...
we land at MCO...
we check in...
and we dive in the coldest beer in town! :lmao:

TaraPA
10-28-2009, 02:41 PM
This is what I have written down - and we do not need to stick to it if we don't want to!!

Fri - AM - check into BLT
noon ressie at The Wave for 4
afternoon - Tara & Carol arrive, check into BLT & head to Epcot
afternoon/PM - Epcot has EMH, dinner on your own

Sat - AM - 8:10am ressie at Kona Cafe for TONGA TOAST!!! Oh yeah baby!!
AK - lunch on your own
PM - MK - Spectromagic 7pm, Wishes 8pm - dinner on your own

Sun - HAPPY BIRTHDA LINDA!
AM/afternoon - DHS - breakfast/lunch on your own
PM - Epcot - ressie at Le Cellier 7:25 PM
-after dinner watching MVMCP Wishes from the Poly Beach LAPU LAPU

Mon - ressie at Chef Mickeys 8:15am
AM/afternoon - MK til ME bus
PM - cry all the way home!

TaraPA
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok I found 2 more firsts I want to try - a grey goose slushie in Epcot (France? Italy??) and a Napolean pastry at the bakery in France. Dang there are a LOT of pastries in France I want to eat...might have to make several trips there!

PrincessAlways
10-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Ladies.......notice the days left on my ticker!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

14 DAYS

That's all there is left until we take on the world!!!
:dance3::dance3:

TaraPA
10-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I know I know!!! Carol called me today just to say only 2 more weeks!!!! She's really nervous that she can't keep up with us because of her knee (did she even tell you guys - she has another knee surgery scheduled for December 7th??) I told her not to worry - I love her enough to say "Carol, you're slowing us down, go sit for 30 minutes - we'll catch up with you later!" LOL!!! And she's fine with that, she wants to just sit & people watch if she can't keep up the pace.

tiggerfan4me
10-30-2009, 06:27 PM
IT is fun to people watch. Another knee surgery in December , wow. Hopefully after teh surgery, we will be trying to keep up with her. It is so hard to believe that we are so close. It will be good to get away from all the day to day stuff.

TaraPA
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey gang it's soon time!!!!!

PrincessAlways
11-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes it is!!!

:dance3::dance3:

:rotfl:

PrincessAlways
11-07-2009, 01:50 PM
11/14 - Arrive around 3pm via ME; 5:55pm Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Fireworks at BLT Lounge

11/15 - Epcot Rope Drop. 6:55pm Dinner at Garden Grill. Illuminations

11/16 - AM - Swim/Hotel. MK around 11:30am. 5:20pm Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Parade and Fireworks.

11/17 - DHS. 12:30pm lunch. Osborne lights in evening. DTD

11/18 - Depart ME 12:05pm. Nothing planned in the morning.

Hey Marshay!! We didn't forget about you!! Here's our "schedule"...always room for change! :rotfl:

AK - lunch on your own

Looks like we'll both be at Epcot 11/15 for dinner! Your ADR is for 6:55pm @ Garden Grill & ours is for 7:30pm @ LeCellier. Maybe we can meet on our way to LeCellier???? That might be an option! If not, I'll PM you my cell number. We can always just meet up at BLT later in an evening for a little chat!! :goodvibes

TaraPA
11-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I emailed Carol around 10am to say that in one week we'll have bellies full of TONGA TOAST!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we could meet up with Marshay to say hi around 6:30 in Epcot. Maybe somewhere over in The Land Pavilion??

Marshay
11-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Marshay!! We didn't forget about you!! Here's our "schedule"...always room for change! :rotfl:

AK - lunch on your own

Looks like we'll both be at Epcot 11/15 for dinner! Your ADR is for 6:55pm @ Garden Grill & ours is for 7:30pm @ LeCellier. Maybe we can meet on our way to LeCellier???? That might be an option! If not, I'll PM you my cell number. We can always just meet up at BLT later in an evening for a little chat!! :goodvibes

I emailed Carol around 10am to say that in one week we'll have bellies full of TONGA TOAST!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we could meet up with Marshay to say hi around 6:30 in Epcot. Maybe somewhere over in The Land Pavilion??

hey, that sounds good: 6:30pm at Epcot near or in the Land pavilion.

I gave Linda my cell phone and she gave me hers, so hopefully we can meet up.

If that doesn't work out, then we'll both be in Magic Kingdom on Monday. We'll arrive later in the morning and stay the rest of the day. I'm not sure when you guys are leaving, but I can call you when we get into MK if that works.

I hope we can meet up - would love to get a picture to add to my Trip Report and would love to meet you all!

Once I know our room number, I'll give Linda a call, too. I plan to have a message board on our door so if you happen to stop by, you can leave us a happy/funny note, too!

TaraPA
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Ok so I laid out what I want to take- do you see a theme here??

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/TaraDPA/IMG_4581.jpg

It shouldn't be hard to find me - I'll look like a jelly bean!

PrincessAlways
11-08-2009, 07:10 PM
:rotfl: You'll be a "DIS" jellybean!!! :rotfl: Well, we will blend nicely! I have mostly lime green!! :rotfl:

tiggerfan4me
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I have packed a bunch of lime green too, but definitely no pink for me.

Marshay
11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
cool colors!!

On our Epcot night, we'll be in red and/or black. The girls will be in Minnie Mouse costumes for the Garden Grill dinner with Chip & Dale.

PrincessAlways
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
OK.....by tomorrow night...we'll be HOME!!!:banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::thumbsup2

6 crazy DIS ladies at the World!! LOOK OUT!!!! :dance3::dance3:

Marshay
11-11-2009, 10:52 AM
OK.....by tomorrow night...we'll be HOME!!!:banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::thumbsup2

6 crazy DIS ladies at the World!! LOOK OUT!!!! :dance3::dance3:

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited for you all!!!

My DD4 has had a low-grade fever the past two days :scared1:

Doesn't she know she's not allowed to get sick this close to Disney!!! I'm hoping we can still go and no one else gets it...ARGH!!!

TaraPA
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh Marshay!!!! That's always my biggest fear - that someone will be too sick to go. In 2006 both sons & DH had the stomach bug - projectile vomiting & the works - 72 hours before we were to leave. It was awful. Somehow I managed to escape it & everyone was better 24 hours later. Whew!

TaraPA
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Well Duck, Linda & Deb are off!! Carol & I leave in the morning. Sadly, Terri's mom is really sick so Terri won't be joining us this time around - but NEXT time!!!!!!

Marshay - we'll look for you somewhere around or in The Land Pavilion around 6:30 on Sunday!

Marshay
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Well Duck, Linda & Deb are off!! Carol & I leave in the morning. Sadly, Terri's mom is really sick so Terri won't be joining us this time around - but NEXT time!!!!!!

Marshay - we'll look for you somewhere around or in The Land Pavilion around 6:30 on Sunday!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Terri won't be able to join you.

Safe travels everyone!:goodvibes

DFD
11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
well finally made it home... it was a short but sweet.. and again thank you for putting up with my slowiness... I was not really expecting the breathing problem that had transfired over the weekend...

now time to finish this trip report and so we can start a new pre trippie one... Tara get crackin'

and yes Terri was dearly missed... but more reason to plan another one :)

:rotfl2: care for some ??? summer beets even ??? That will be TaraPa's trip report highlight !!!

Ok.. time for bed...

See you All Soon!

TaraPA
11-17-2009, 05:16 AM
I just looked out the window & did NOT see the sun coming up over Bay Lake....wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must deal with real life - kids to be fed & gotten to the bus, groceries to buy, suitcase to unpack & laundry to do....then I will start typing!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

DFD
11-17-2009, 09:19 AM
I just looked out the window & did NOT see the sun coming up over Bay Lake....wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must deal with real life - kids to be fed & gotten to the bus, groceries to buy, suitcase to unpack & laundry to do....then I will start typing!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

the sun did rise here ... but thats about it... I miss my neighbors... well I miss you to Tara :p ene though you dump me for our GOH(guest of honor.. this is for Carol...LOL) but you know what.. I would dump you too for our GOH.... hehehehee

DFD
11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Vitamins!!!! did you all take your vitamins ???

TaraPA
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM
DARN you're not here to set my vitamins out!! I forgot!!!!! Downloading pics now to photobucket so we can get this show on the road.....you cam start the trip report woth Thursday since I wasn't there yet!

I removed my ticker, how sad. I did add my next stay line to...April?????

PrincessAlways
11-17-2009, 06:14 PM
well finally made it home... it was a short but sweet.. and again thank you for putting up with my slowiness... I was not really expecting the breathing problem that had transfired over the weekend...

now time to finish this trip report and so we can start a new pre trippie one... Tara get crackin'

and yes Terri was dearly missed... but more reason to plan another one :)

:rotfl2: care for some ??? summer beets even ??? That will be TaraPa's trip report highlight !!!

Ok.. time for bed...

See you All Soon!
You did better than a lot of people do without a breathing problem!!
Summer beets!!!.......NO NO NO!!!!! :scared1:
Yes.....Terri was missed! :sad1:

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

I know!!! I know!!! That view was so beautiful & peaceful!!!!
Miss you guys too!!! :sad1:

DFD
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
where is the food trip report??? :confused3

TaraPA
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
On the Restaraunts Thread, under the sub thread of Dining Reviews....I don't know how to post a link to it on here or I would!

DFD
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
On the Restaraunts Thread, under the sub thread of Dining Reviews....I don't know how to post a link to it on here or I would!

found it thank you :)

Marshay
11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm sooooo sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you guys. We were not feeling well on Sunday and just skipped the parks altogether that day and went to DTD in the evening.

I also figure you didn't want to be near us when we were still coughing and all.

Hope you had a great time and can soon put new tickers up! I just did.