PDA

View Full Version : used travelocity?

Promomx2
07-29-2009, 06:51 PM
has anyone used travelocity to book their rooms at wdw? is their anything different about doing it through them?

Luv2Roam
07-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I think they are fine for those who know they will not cancel or change their plans, call Disney other than booking their own ADRs, and do not want a WDTC dining plan.
Keep in mind as with any travel agent, they own your res and you would have to go through them for everything (other than you making your own dining reservations).

Tink-aholic
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I posted quite a rant a while back about Travelocity (here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153588). I know it isn't regarding room reservations, but they are shady and fradulent, in my opinion.

You could probably get a better deal if you research the deals on this board.

Good luck.

Luv2Roam
07-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I would agree I think booking through a lot of wholesalers like that are a gamble. I think they have their place in the travel world. But with that lower price does come risks, such as not having control over your own vacation, cancellation, etc.
I have used some in the past such as hotwire for car rentals and been very happy. But it pays to be on top of it and keep all paperwork handy, and read the fine print.