PDA

View Full Version : Just Cut My Cell Phone Bill In Half!!!!

taylor5
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi, just wanted to share my great news today!!

I originally called Verizon to dispute some roaming charges on my phone & while I was making the dreaded customer service call (I HATE MAKING ANY TYPE OF THESE CALLS), I decided to ask about plans since they recently merged with Alltel who was our carrier previously.

I have a Samsung Delve phone & the only plans available when we got this phone were the SmartPhone plans. After having this phone for just a couple months, I realized I wasn't getting enough use out of the features to justify paying around $110 - $125 month ($89.99 plan, plus phone insurance, plus all the miscellaneous charges).

Alltel said it wasn't eligible for other plans, but I was happily able to switch today to a plan for $39.99 with no long distance or roaming and then I had the $5.00 text msg. package added. The plan only has about 500 min., but for me that is more than enough, even as our primary line (we no longer have a land line). DH & all our friends have cells, so free mobile to mobile would kick in there.

WooHoo!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

vampirechick
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Congratulations!:cool1: I wish I could do that..

Disfan891
07-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Congratulations! :dance3: It's always exciting to find a new way to save some money.

Chicago526
07-29-2009, 04:19 PM
That's great!

For those that have a light to moderate usage of their cells, pre-paid can also be a huge money saver. I spend less than $100 per year on my T-Mobil pre-paid phone.

paladin
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
That's great!

For those that have a light to moderate usage of their cells, pre-paid can also be a huge money saver. I spend less than $100 per year on my T-Mobil pre-paid phone.

Same here. It works out great (and cheaply) for us.

momtosam
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Do all the major companies offer prepaid? Do you still get free/cheap phones with those plans? That might be for us.

taylor5
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
That's great!

wish we could get by with that, but last year when we got rid of our landline, we saved an immediate $75 -$80 a month. Now that our cell phone bill is cut considerably, we are even happier! :thumbsup2

princessbride6205
07-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Congrats on your savings!

Chicago526
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Do all the major companies offer prepaid? Do you still get free/cheap phones with those plans? That might be for us.

I think most of them do. I went with T-Mobil because I had monthly service with them and it was easy to switch. They don't offer free phones but they have one for about $10-15 (a very basic Nokia) and a few more for less than $75 that have more features. Mine is a Nokia flip phone, has a camera/video, texting, and internet. I paid $40 for it and it came with $10 free minutes.