PDA

View Full Version : Baby food on planes?

PJackson
07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Are you OK to take jars of baby food on airplanes and ask the stewardesses to warm it up for you (flying with Easyjet)? I will need to feed DD2 on both inbound and outbound flights as they are around her teatime.....

Thanks,

A Small World
07-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I dont think you are allowed to take the jars on as I think they class as liquids - i might be wrong though

PJackson
07-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Oh dear - how do I feed the baby then? That could be tricky!! :scared1:

PJackson
07-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Just checked online and amazingly found the answer - you can take baby food if you are travelling with a baby - phew!

Lisa_C
07-29-2009, 03:11 PM
You can also take a beaker/bottle full of juice - they have to see either you or "baby" drink from it but I used this to my advantage. We took a very large juice cup with us - though you can buy water etc when past security :) :thumbsup2

ema74
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, I flew a couple of days ago and had two cups for the girls. They asked me to try the drink at Gatwick airport but wasn't a big deal.

When Anya was having jar food I used to take those Plum Baby plastic pots - you can now get them everywhere, 2 pots in a box, yummy food for the babies and no probs at the airports:thumbsup2

ema74
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
You can also take a beaker/bottle full of juice - they have to see either you or "baby" drink from it but I used this to my advantage. We took a very large juice cup with us - though you can buy water etc when past security :) :thumbsup2

Talking about water after security etc, I paid 4.95 for a bottle of water and 2 Ribenas at Gatwick!!! Rip off!:mad:

gemmastephenson
08-04-2009, 04:24 AM
You should be able to take them through, they may just make you taste them? I know some people who have rang Boots in the airport terminal(Newcastle) before flying to put aside jars and cartons of milk.
They might be reluctant to heat it up for you though?
xx

karenmoloney
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I have only had to ask to have milk heated on an Easyjet plane. The stewardess said that she would do it when she had finished giving out all the coffees etc & then she stood the bottle in the pot of hot water to warm it. I don't know if they have any other way of doing it, but that's what she did for me.

PJackson
08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks - we had to go out today and were late back so I had to feed DD2 en-route - she wolfed down an unheated jar so I think we'll be OK with it unheated as a one off :)