PDA

View Full Version : Best place for birthday meal and cake

manxtatt2
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
4 adults

where is the best place to eat , dont want too expensive lol

and are all the birthday cakes the same in each restaurant?

thanks in advance

:cool1:

A Small World
07-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I had a surprise birthday cake in February in Inventions (Thanks again Rob) which was a gorgeous chocolate mousse type cake (pic in my Feb TR)

It was delicious but the problem with having it at a buffet restaurant was that I was already stuffed :rotfl:

We had DDs at Cafe Mickey and that was a sponge type cake with icing on - i think theres a pic of a similar one in DLPdafts TR

A nice place for 4 adults to have it might be Walts instead of dessert or Blue Lagoon or of course Cafe Mickey

manxtatt2
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
oh yeh i seen your cake before , it looks fab, and thats the one i want lol

how much is the buffet in inventions can you remember?

thanks

:cool1:

A Small World
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry I cant remember. Its expensive but worth it as the food is delicious

PJackson
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I think it's around 48 euros per adult now for Inventions. So if you want inexpensive I think your options are Cafe Mickey (as you can just buy pizzas etc and I think you can also prepay for your cake here to cheaper), or something like Lucky Nugget buffet but I don't think that's had v hot reviews recently....

manxtatt2
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
thanks for your replys

next time I phone disney am going to ask them about the mousse cake , its just what i want lol

maybe its only available in inventions

i dont mind paying the 48/49 euros each

once again thanks

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

FiFi Rose
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Inventions chocolate mouse cake was 25 euros:eek: so prepay for the cake before you go to get it cheaper.

Ours was wasted because its a buffet and the desserts were fab we had no room for the cake. They put it on a plate and put cling film on cause we were staying in the DLH and could take it up to our room. Only problem - no fridge. Looked dodgy by next day and didn't want to give everyone food poisoning:rotfl:

nightrider68
07-30-2009, 02:11 AM
We had the chocolate mousse cake in the Blue Lagoon (Oct 2007) and it is much nicer than the usual sponge cake served in Cafe Mickey.

scampbunny
07-30-2009, 12:04 PM
tough choice really....

i loved cafe mickey, and the cake there, but as ur 4 adults, maybe it wud be more 'sophisticated' to go for inventions???? i think it wud be good there, and if u know about the cake, then at least u cake make room for it ;)

have only had the sponge cake, and we like that (had 2 at trip at xmas) and they lasted very well - as in didnt go stale/hard, not that they were left ages.......;):lmao:

markpsych
07-30-2009, 12:59 PM
As others have suggested, the cake is nice, but very expensive and not so appealing after a buffet meal!

Our birthday surprise was a real let down to be honest, they forgot my daughter's name when they eventually came out to sing happy birthday (very half heartedly I might add). No characters joined in, and they sliced the cake immediately with the assumption that we'd eat it. Luckily we had a sandhich box to take it away in, but it doesn't keep that long ;)

manxtatt2
07-30-2009, 02:07 PM
thanks everyone for the replys

we have decided that we will just go to cafe mickey , and prob get the sponge cake if we even get one

:cool1::cool1:

Dianetigger
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I will just add my thoughts on this whilst at the airport waiting my flight home.
This past 10 days we have done two birthday meals in Cafe Mickey and Inventions, whilst they were both fabulous I have to say that in my eyes Inventions was the better option, expensive but the atmopshere and the cake were second to none! In fact I have smuggled the cake back in my suitcase as they gave me the glass plate it was on as well!
Apologies for any mistakes in this, I cannot find my way around this keyboard!

Dianetigger
08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
I've just found the receipt from our meal in Inventions (we had Half Board Plus vouchers which were worth 104 euros for 4 adults)

4 buffet dinner - 194.40 euros
6 33cl cola drinks - 28.20 euros
1 gateau anniversa - 24.00 euros

we paid a difference of 105.61 euros after the vouchers were deducted. Hope this helps.

DLPdaft
08-01-2009, 11:03 AM
The birthday cake, whether its the sponge variety at Cafe Mickey, or the chocolate mousse version at Inventions, is the same price, 24 euros if you pay on the day, 17 if you add it to your Disney booking before you go. If you pay for your cake in advance, you don't have to specify which restaurant you'll go to to get it, you'll just get a voucher which you hand in at the restaurant before your meal.