PDA

View Full Version : The future of Free Dining deals

ShellyLynn3630
07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Who else thinks that eventually every Free Dining promotion will be tiered to your hotel. It really does'nt bother me too much, as we are really needing at least a little more room than what the values offer, but packing a family of four at a value or a family of five at POR is a great deal. Chime in.

3boys4me
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I think it should be.:)

Stinky_Pete
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I certainly don't know how to answer your question except to say that I think given the economy Disney will continue to experiment with various promotions to see what fills the rooms and gets people into the parks. They very well may try tweeking that, or reviving the 4/3 deal, or some other promotion until things recover.

stitch34
07-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I have a feeling they'll keep doing it that way now. Sure hope not, as we love the values! We always upgrade to deluxe dining, and getting free QS and upgrading, it's just really no savings then for us at all.

But with the values being so booked, and them upgrading people to SSR and OKW, kinda really makes sense to offer the better dining deal to the moderates to get people to fill those up more.

snykymom
07-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I think that the regular DDP, particularly for FD, represented a net loss at the values. They have only QS food courts, so people wouldn't have dinner at the food court, which they otherwise might have done. By making FD into the QSDP for values, they will increase the utilization of the food courts.

TRICKY_TINK
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Well it was fun while it lasted! If they tier it from now on we'll be back to staying off property and eating outside of the parks. As it stands now I give Disney $2000 a year for a packaged vacation for free dining. If the dinning changes I'd get my hotel, food and tickets elsewhere so they might end up with $100-200 from me in counter food/drinks and souviners for a weeks stay. I would also go to Universal and Seaworld if I'm not onsite anymore so some years they wouldn't see a dime. I don't doubt they "think" they will get more money from people by making the dining change but for "my family" they will be losing money. I bet I'm not the only one either.

timhillis
07-29-2009, 09:48 AM