PDA

View Full Version : Difference between old and new free dinning

mickeys friend
07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone ran the numbers between the last free dinning and this one?We have the free dinning booked for Oct 1st-8th and we have the insurance,so I just checked on the disney world site to make sure for some reason the package wasn't any cheaper (it's happened before) and I always come up with the total being $47.40 more with this free dinning than what we already have booked.I checked it twice and made sure that I put in for the regular dinning and the insurance,same amount of people,dates,resort,view,tickets,as what we have now and it looks like it would be higher by $47.40.Has anyone else found this out?I know this free dinning goes up till in Dec and the old one went to Oct,but unless they are counting in where the park tickets are suppost to go up,I can not figure it out.Of course we are keeping our package like it is.Just wondering if anyone else has came across this or not.Thanks.

marcielm
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Are you booked for a value? If so, maybe the price difference of adding the DDP vs. the QSDP creates just enough tax to make it $40. :confused3

mickeys friend
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM
We are booked at the POFQ in a standard room with 2 adults Oct.1st-8th and we have 7 day park hoppers and insurance and regular free dinning and it always comes up to being more this time.I just figure its the difference in what the park tickets are going up too,who knows.Just wondering if anyone else has come across this?

marcielm
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Hmm, not sure then. I'm curious to see if anyone else comes in a notices a difference.

madge
07-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Hmm, not sure then. I'm curious to see if anyone else comes in a notices a difference.

I've got one better.

I booked a bounceback rate last year for October 2009.

the FD code that was out earlier this summer ended up being approximately $50 cheaper than the bounceback rate I had booked.

the current FD code is, like the OP said, about $50 more than the last one.

go figure, LOL

mickeys friend
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I know what you mean.Last year my daughter booked FD bounceback for Oct and when it came out for GP it was cheaper then the bouncback,so I had the travel agent check and she got my daughter the cheaper price.We have 3 rooms booked all with free dinning and I was just checking our prices to make sure that we all had the best deal when I came across the difference again,only this time it would cost more to book than the old free dinning.Keeping our old free dinning packages,every penny counts.