PDA

View Full Version : Going With The Flow - Day 8 - 28th July 2009

wicket2005
07-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Morning/afternoon everyone

We felt a bit tired when the alarm went off as we had a busy day yesterday, I think a pool visit is called for sometime today.

I went looking for my sheet on the parks to visit each day based on their quietest day and non EMH and shock horror it has vanished. I know Ian was tidying up yesterday but he says he hasn't seen it. There now I have pointed the finger it is bound to turn up.:rotfl: Anyway just had to get on the net and check the Disney parks for EMH so have done a new list for today.

The choices are the usual Universal, Islands and Sea World plus Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Ian has done his vote and has gone to get the lads, once I know I can get dressed.

wicket2005
07-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Votes in Animal Kingdom 1, Universal 1, Hollywood Studios 1 and Animal Kingdom 2 - so off to Animal Kingdom.

mandymouse
07-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Have fun at AK today and enjoy your relaxing time at the pool too Bev :thumbsup2 I look forward to find out what else you get up to today :)

wicket2005
07-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks Mandy, just had to rejiggle things as there have been some bad accidents on the I4 which have caused delays. So initially just nipping to Universal for a few hours, then going down to Animal Kingdom.

Pinky166
07-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh dear, hope no one was hurt in the accident.

Have fun at Universal then Animal Kingdom. :)

Kymie
07-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Have a lovely day! Have you ever seen Devine? We havent but I plan to search her out when we next go!!

jen_uk
07-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Hope you are having a great day, enjoy your pool time :cool1:

cap'njack.
07-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Have a great day! Can't beleive that you are already 8 days into your trip :eek:

wicket2005
07-28-2009, 02:07 PM
8 days over here seems a lot longer as we are doing that much in a day, I know at home the weeks just fly by.

Kymie, we have seen Devine, she is usually between Africa and Asia in the bushes.

Just had a nice time in Universal doing Shrek, The Mummy, Disaster, Jaw, MiB, we then nipped to Islands and did The Hulk and Dr Doom. I took a few photos of the advancements in Harry Potter Land, but they don't really show much, I will post them tonight.

We had lunch in Mythos, it has been voted top theme park restaurant for the past 6 years, we enjoyed our meal there. I had a cocktail which I dedicated to all the people who keep me entertained throughout the year with their trip reports - thank you. The good thing about Mythos is the meal sizes are quite normal so we can have a dessert usually we are too full with the larger American portions.

We went back to the hotel, got changed and headed down to the pool, where I had a good snooze and a dip in the pool. We came back to the room to get ready to go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours. It is still really hot over here so it is quite pleasant to get out of the sun for a while.

irongirlof12
07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
fab day, sounds like you really needed a little pool time to RnR

natalielongstaff
07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a great day Bev :thumbsup2

cannp123165
07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
It sounds like you are having a lovely day so far! :thumbsup2

mandymouse
07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
It sounds like you've had another great day Bev, I look forward to seeing your piccies :)

wicket2005
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
We headed down to Animal Kingdom but I still didn't feel cooled down even after being in the pool and in the room for a short time. After thinking about it we had had a larger meal than normal at dinnertime which, of course, meant all that digesting had created body heat which is why I think we struggled a bit this afternoon.

As we got out of the car at AK, I felt like climbing back inside the heat was shearing hot. We walked into the park, picking up a fast pass for dinosaur as Gary had really wanted to go on that the other day. We walked across to Africa for a drink and to check on the safari times but they were way too high for us. So we had a walk round our favourites the gorillas.

The family troupe was out in force which was unusual at this time 5 pm we were told. When viewing the male troupe we were delighted to find two of the gorillas sitting directly opposite the walk way looking at their keepers. Apparently they have trained the gorillas to respond to bells and one to a flag, when they see or hear their object they have to come and sit in a certain place, if they are good and stay still they get pieces of fruit. One gorilla kept running his fruit clean if he hadn't caught it and it had landed on the ground. However, because one of the gorillas hadnī t turned up the other 2 were not allowed into their dens (it is a way to get them in each night) so the command (hand signal) was given to tell them to go away. One of the gorillaś faces was a picture as it looked so cheesed off. Eventually the final gorilla came, sometimes they cannot hear the bells because of the noise of the waterfall. All 3 of them were sitting waiting to be told to go in to bed, they looked so funny and couldn't wait to get out of the heat. I didn't blame them. We were really pleased to have caught them doing this. I was also amazed to notice how each gorilla had a different face which I hadn't noticed before.

We popped into dinosaur on the way out, 2 little kids found it a bit too intense. Then we legged it or should I say crawled out of the park. We just wanted to get out of the heat.

It was decided to go back to the room and check the cinema times as none of us wanted to walk round and we wanted to get out of the heat. We all fancied just sitting watching a film. Typically Ice Age 3 had no late shows, UP was taken off last week so the final option was G Force (guinea pigs trained by the CIA which Gary really wanted to see), so we are off there in a minute. My legs have just about recovered but all of us are feeling a bit tired today.

Pinky166
07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
A great day Bev, it's not surprising you are so tired. I can just imagine how hot AK was - it is always hot in that park.

How cute that you got to see the Gorillas doing that. Looking forward to seeing your pics, thanks for getting the Harry Potter one's. :thumbsup2

mandymouse
07-29-2009, 01:32 AM
I hope you enjoyed the film Bev. We struggle with Animal Kingdom at the best of times, we tend to go first thing in the morning as it doesn't take long for it to get very hot there

I wonder where you'll be going today :confused3

wicket2005
07-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for reading.

We strolled along to City Walk and were quite happy to escape into the a/c of the theatre. There are loads of excellent 3D pictures coming up, we saw a clip of Toy Story in 3D which looked fantastic. The film was fine, I did doze a few times in it for a few seconds, just couldn't keep my eyes open. I felt a bit theme parked out for the first time ever. When we came in 2005 we were out at 6 am and back to the hotel for 11 pm with no pool breaks, I just don't know how we did it.

After the pictures we popped up to the BK Bar and they grabbed burgers whilst I just had some chips (french fries). I couldnt get to bed quick enough today as I felt so tired. The room felt a bit warm as to save energy the a/c only works when you are in the room.

I proposed having a sleep in day for Wednesday and not get up when the alarm went off.

Going to post some photos up now.

wicket2005
07-29-2009, 09:03 AM
http://twitpic.com/photos/wicket2005 New photos added, there are a couple of Harry Potter Land the first one you will have to click on to make larger. It looks like it is ready for the shell to go on.

mandymouse
07-29-2009, 09:17 AM
It's great to see how well Harry Potter land is coming along - I can't wait to go there next year :thumbsup2

Snowy-girls
07-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Good to hear that your weather is lovely,it is terrible here Bev,we have had storms+rain on+off all day-can't do anything :sad2:.
We missed Devine at Easter,such a shame as i really wanted the girls to see her.
Loving your trippie Bev,keep up the good work-are you out there for 2 weeks or 3?.x.

cannp123165
07-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Great photos! :thumbsup2 It sounds like you had a good day. :)

wicket2005
07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for reading. We all felt a bit tired on this day.

We are here for 14 days Michelle, we are very much enjoying our stay.