PDA

View Full Version : Help for DLRP newbies...

Tinks1984
07-28-2009, 04:08 AM
Hey guys!

I'm really a new visitor to the DLRP boards, as I'm more WDW based at present, even though I'd love a trip to Paris one time :)

But, I have a friend at work who's heading to DLRP in August for a 2 night/3 day trip. There's her, her DH, her DD and DS going there. (DD & DS are both under 10, but not sure on exact ages)

I've said I'd try and get any little hints and tips for them that may make there experience a little easier, so naturally I came over to you guys for your expertise! :) They're staying on-site at one of the Disney hotels (Hotel Santa Fe I think!) and any information you could give me to pass on, no matter how big or small, would be much appriciated :)

They've never been to Disney before, so even just basic tips will hopefully help them out!

Thanks guys....

tennisfan
07-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Its bound to be busy as its the school holidays. As they are staying on site they should try & make use of EMH, that will cover most of the rides in Fantasyland & Discoveryland.

Meeting characters can be a bit of a scrum so try & go to some of the onsite hotels as they have meets & greets throughout the day.

If they can pick up a copy of A Brits Guide to DLRP, that would be very useful.

If they are going by car take drinks & snacks with them as theat can help save a bit of money. If not they can fill up water bottles at the fountains or buy from the train station by the parks.

Tinks1984
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Thank-you Nikki...

As with WDW, are the EMH's posted at the hotel lobby on the day they're happening? Or am I best downloading them off the internet for her?

Also, are there dates and times for the meet and greets at the hotels if they want to check those out, or are they random?

I know her little boy loves Disney Pixar Cars, is there anything for him to watch out for?

tennisfan
07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Thank-you Nikki...

As with WDW, are the EMH's posted at the hotel lobby on the day they're happening? Or am I best downloading them off the internet for her?

Also, are there dates and times for the meet and greets at the hotels if they want to check those out, or are they random?

I know her little boy loves Disney Pixar Cars, is there anything for him to watch out for?

EMH is every morning 8-10am. I know the Hotel New York & Sequoia Lodge have a sign by the meet & greet point saying what times the characters will be there, sometimes its just random ( I was stalked by Pluto in the SL) The Disneyland Hotel has there at 4pm I think.

There is a Cars ride in the Studios with Mater & Lightning McQueen. The queue & surrounding area has a great display:thumbsup2

mommy2ash
07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
i would definately say make it to the park for emh.

the characters are in the hotels in the mornings, in the santa fe there is a board to say which characters. tell them be prepared to see a lot of goofy at the santa fe. usually there is another character and they swap every 30 minutes. this is great in the mornings as there isnt a huge queue.

there are official photographers at the official meet and greets and they give you a ticket with a number that you take to certain shops and you can buy the offical pictures. they are saved for three days so if you want to get them wait till the third day as they are cheaper the more you buy.

cafe mickey for a character lunch is so much fun. its much quieter than evening dinner i would reccomend having a reservation

when you check in the cm will tell you about emh, the days will also be on a leaflet. i presume during high season its on every morning.

there is a shop in a garage just outside the santa fe carpark and one in the train station just outside the parks, prices here for drinks and snacks are much cheaper than in the parks. you will pay 2.50 euro a bottle for a 500ml bottle of coke. i was robbed from buying drinks my first year.

Tinks1984
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys...great little hints for getting my friend a little more information.

I'll mention to her about the characters at the Santa Fe, I'm sure they'd love to check them out there :thumbsup2

Does anyone also know how much High School Musical is promoted there? I believe her little girl just loves the movies! I think my friend's hoping that there will be something.

Would you recommend that she takes maybe some bottled juice or water to their hotel from outside DLRP? She has a car with her, so it would be easy for them to pick some up before hand. Just wondering if that'll work out cheaper for them over the three days. Can you also take into the parks your own drinks?

A Small World
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
You can take snacks and drinks into the park and yes I would definitely recommend she takes some drinks/snacks with her as they will be so much cheaper.

There is a HSM parade/show a few times a day in the Studios

They can also go into any of the hotels to meet the characters - if they walks from Santa Fe (about 10-15mins) to the parks instead of getting the shuttle they will pass New York so worth calling in for a look

Where abouts in Lancashire are you?

Tinks1984
07-29-2009, 02:12 AM
You can take snacks and drinks into the park and yes I would definitely recommend she takes some drinks/snacks with her as they will be so much cheaper.

There is a HSM parade/show a few times a day in the Studios

They can also go into any of the hotels to meet the characters - if they walks from Santa Fe (about 10-15mins) to the parks instead of getting the shuttle they will pass New York so worth calling in for a look

Where abouts in Lancashire are you?

Thanks for the info. What will she find at New York? :laughing: I'm so rubbish at this DLRP research! I wish I knew more! :)

I'm in St. Helens, which I know isn't under Lancashire officially anymore, but I wish we still where! :laughing: Where about's are you? :)