PDA

View Full Version : Is it really impossible to buy/find fresh milk and fruit in DLP?

Karen Mac
07-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Been reading up and it seems that the milk sold is UHT-can you buy fresh milk anywhere? My 2 year old drinks quite a lot at home. Also is fresh fruit really that scare? Again, we could do without it for 5 days but DD is a bit of a fan-especially bananas :banana:

TIA for any replies/tips/advice :thumbsup2

FiFi Rose
07-28-2009, 03:30 AM
For the first time I noticed a stall in the studios with fruit on apples, bananas and oranges. It was just after you came out of studio 1 (the bit where all the counter restaurants and shops are. It looked the same as the fruit available at breakfast (not the best quality:rolleyes:) but fruit none the less.

We always take a piece of fruit and a yoghurt at breakfast for a healthy snack during the day.

hollymattbenmilo
07-28-2009, 03:57 AM
you can buy fresh milk from the garage at sante fe, we were very much missing bananas on our visit too.. haha

dlpSteve
07-28-2009, 04:07 AM
Not sure if there still is, but there used to be a fresh fruit stall in Adventureland. Only problem was the fruit didn't look too fresh - being out in the sun all day probably didn't help!

Karen Mac
07-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Thanks very much for the replies :thumbsup2

Will definately keep an eye out for the fruit stalls and didn't realise there was fresh fruit at breakfast-thought it was more of the prune variety iykwim, so that's great too!
Looks like a walk to the Santa Fe garage as milk is a must for us really- we could easily do without it as not big tea/coffee drinkers but DD loves it!

Thanks again :thumbsup2

jillrobinson
07-28-2009, 04:40 AM
You only get fresh fruit at breakfast at Sequoia Lodge and the hotels up from there and we have taken a couple of apples to eat later from breakfast. :)

Winterfee
07-28-2009, 04:41 AM
DS is 1,5 years young and last week we bought his milk right in the Boutique in the Santa Fe Hotel. 0,4 l for Euro 1,60. Okay, it's expensive but the advantage is, you're very fast back in your room and can give the milk to your kid. Unfortunately, they have no fridge in the rooms...

Karen Mac
07-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Thanks again- we're staying at the HNY Jill so guess that should mean it'll include fruit.

Thats good to know Winterfee, thought the hotel shops only sold UHT :thumbsup2

wedreamofdisney
07-28-2009, 05:45 AM
I remember trying a milkshake from Annettes, it must have been made with UHT milk because it was disgusting:sad2: and I am a huge milkshake fan, so was a little disappointed

PJackson
07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
There was a fair bit of fruit at breakfast (we were in the DLH), and I do plan this year to take a piece for both of my DDs every day. I know some people don't like you taking from the hotel at breakfast but tbh if it's the best place to get fresh fruit then what do you do? I'd like to think my DDs are getting two pieces a day at least i.e. one at breakfast and one as a snack say mid afternoon - that way it counteracts all the candy floss etc :smilies:

mommy2ash
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
the only fruit i have ever seen was in the sandwich shop in the village and they only had really really really hard apples. ashleigh is a fruit fanatic, she cried for twenty minutes when she saw a man eating a banana so that would be my only complaint about disney lol

Ms Poppins
07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
You'll get small cartons of milk in the shop inside the HNY - and plenty of fresh fruit at breakfast.

fd1972uk
07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Your not far from the Garage at Santa Fe, so you can always weigh up prices.

FD

Karen Mac
07-31-2009, 08:38 AM
That's great to know Ms Poppins :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for all the replies :thumbsup2

id@53
07-31-2009, 08:56 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think that the shop at the railway station sells fresh fruit.

MummyMinnie
07-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes I thought the small supermarket by the station sells fresh milk and fruit?

The fruit on the stalls in the Studios was 1 Euro per piece! and as the others have said not so pleasant looking.

I thought we had fresh fruit when we stayed at the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne, have they stopped doing this now then?

mum'o'3
07-31-2009, 12:50 PM
I intend of packing a bunch of bananas and bag of apples, but are you allowed to take food into the park? In the guide book I have it says you can't take in snacks, only water bottles!:scared1:

MummyMinnie
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Well.... you're not supposed to but............ we always have. They do search your bags on the way in but we just put a coat or something on top and they've never said anything.

Plenty of people do it and most of the food they take in is from breakfast time at the hotels :rolleyes1 apparently:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

DLPdaft
08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
When they check your bags at the gates to the parks, they're not looking for food, its fine to take snacks and drinks (in plastic bottles) in with you.

I'm also pretty sure I've seen a basket with apples and oranges in at the Santa Fe and Cheyenne hotels, but whether that was with the breakfast buffet, or the dinner one, I can't be certain.

angel_nix
08-01-2009, 05:42 AM
I don't recall seeing fresh fruit in the Cheyenne breakfast. We went by car and took a bag of apples and bunch of bananas with us and took them into the park and had no problems. We had a rucksack and a bag of food shoved under the buggy and had nothing taken off of us.

MummyMinnie
08-01-2009, 06:24 AM
When they check your bags at the gates to the parks, they're not looking for food, its fine to take snacks and drinks (in plastic bottles) in with you.

Oh right I thought I'd seen a sign that said no picnic food as you walked from the car parks once? Don't feel so bad now then, they did ask what we had in our bags this week even though they looked. We also had to put ours through the x ray machine one day (I realise they weren't looking for food then:rotfl:) - maybe we just look suspicious :rotfl:

liberty
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I remember seeing u could buy fresh fruit on one of the snack stands in walt Disney Studios. :goodvibes

Mrs Mickey
08-02-2009, 03:32 AM
My daughter (who is 10) will only drink milk and water and is a bit of a milk conoisseur ;). She says that even the 'fresh' milk in France is yak! We holiday in France a lot (just got back from a 2 week hol) and having tried several different milks, her verdict is that it is all horrible.
My 7 year son however is much less fussy and as long as it is cold will drink any of it, including the UHT :thumbsup2
All the kids meals in the park come with milk and you can buy it on its own there too.