PDA

View Full Version : New Dining deal affecting next year's FD??

weesignlanguage
07-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Just curious what you guys think...do you think this new "quick service for values" dining plan will be what we will see next spring for the usual Free Dining offer that is good for Aug.-Oct???

I realize they may not even offer FD next year but if they do, what you think?? I personally love my regular dining plan and value room deal! ;)

danceintherain
07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I think you may be right. Free Dining at a Value Resort is such a good deal, and this year they have ended up upgrading people to higher level resorts for free, because they ran out of Value rooms.

It would make financial sense for them to only offer the QS Dining Plan to Value guests, because it might lure some people into paying a little extra for Mods or maybe Deluxes.

I would have been extra nice if they had added Free Deluxe Dining for those staying Deluxe.:rotfl:

weesignlanguage
07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I never thought about adding the deluxe dining to those staying at the deluxe resorts...hmmmm....maybe one day I can afford that deal!! ;)

Pixiedust34
07-28-2009, 05:38 AM
I agree that the future FD offers (if it's offered in 2010) could be set up to give those at the values the quick service plan.

ETA: Having this in place may also make ADRs a little easier to get during the FD period.

Disneyboundf16743
07-28-2009, 07:05 AM
I would not be surprised that they do the same for all future FD offers. It makes perfect marketing sense to offer something better for those paying more. I will miss the Pop stay with free dining as it is a great value for us.

Laurie

Just curious what you guys think...do you think this new "quick service for values" dining plan will be what we will see next spring for the usual Free Dining offer that is good for Aug.-Oct???

I realize they may not even offer FD next year but if they do, what you think?? I personally love my regular dining plan and value room deal! ;)

yooperfan
07-28-2009, 07:20 AM
How many nights do you have to stay at a value to get free QS dining?

LittleStinkerbelle
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they make that change for next year as well (assuming there's fd in '10). When I saw the change my thought was that they were trying to fill the mods and also free up some of the TS.

n2mm
07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
How many nights do you have to stay at a value to get free QS dining?

Three.

I too see this as the future way of FD for next year. No more free ddp at value resorts next year, only QS dining.

Bete
07-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I had received a special pincode for this exact deal about two months back.

With that said, the Aug/Sept. time could be the exception. Because, it's at the peak of the hurricane season, it may have a slightly better offer for value resorts and still stick with the basic dining plus option.

Also, it's kind of a tradition; since, it's been this way for a few years, now.
It's still hopeful for the value resorts.

Mommytobree
07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I think possibly. I'll just pay the difference and upgrade if they do :)

Sandisw
07-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I think that is what they will do, especially if there are a lot of people who book the value and then upgrade to DDP.

And, I have read a lot of posts on these boards where people staying at the values are upgrading for the $10.00 per day (adult) and $2.00 per day (child) difference.

DsnyQueen
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm sure that Disney will review what is taking place in the current promotion. If most people in value resorts are upgrading to the regular or deluxe DDP, it would be in their best interest to only offer the QSDP for free next year. The tiered effect does give more incentive to stay at a mod or deluxe for those who can afford it, and the QSDP (with option to upgrade) gives the most flexibility in dining options since you can upgrade if you want.

Either way, it's still a great deal for me even if I upgrade, so I can't really complain!

TifffanyD
07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I've been dup'ed

TifffanyD
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I kind of hope they change to QS free only for value cause this will make an easy decision for me NOT to go. I love QSDP but it just wouldn't be enough to lure me. Also, we are thinking of taking a year off from our Disney passes to save money so we would be skipping that trip, AP's, and a few more, for sure. C'mon Disney - let me off the hook! :lmao:

bentleygirl22
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
I think you are right . I was just telling my hubby the other day that i think the reason they open free dining in Dec to the GP is to get the GP used to the idea of Cs dining for the values.. So it will not be a shocker when they offer it next year for fall .

I think they will offer the old reg dining plan to those in the values if you book the bounceback fall free dining offer while your there this year, but those that just signing up next year will have it the new way...

Aurora in blue
07-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I totally think the deal that is being offered now is what we will see next year.
The first year we had free dining, appetizers and tips were included too!

ruthie
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi
I'm in the UK and as you know we can already book free dining for 2010.
But we don't get any free dining for values, QSDP for mods and dining plan only in deluxe.

Ruthie

weesignlanguage
07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Ruthie...no free dining at all for the values??? Has it always been that way?? Ugh!

ruthie
07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi

Its been like that for the last couple of years at least.

We can book through WDTC in the US and qualify, but this can make the flights really expensive when we do it this way.

Ruthie

weesignlanguage
07-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Well that is for the birds...no fair for y'all!! Bleh!

jjarman
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I think I am with some of the other posters that if Disney only offers the QSDP for values I probably won't go this year. I really can't afford to go anyway and am scrimping and saving as it is.