PDA

View Full Version : Why is November more expensive than December????

andrea1213
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi,

I got my trip booked with free dining this morning, but might have a problem that will cause us to have to change our dates to a month earlier. When I check the cost of the same villa for 10 days in November as compared to the price we have for 10 days in December, it is 2137 more in November!

Why is that?? I've seen some charts showing room rates at different times, and it always looks like December is more. If it matters, we're booked for Dec 6-16 now and are looking at Nov 14-24.

Anyone know??

Thanks,
Andrea

mom2val
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
11/29 - 12/17 is considered value season so rates would be less. Maybe in NOvember you are getting hit with Holiday rates being so close to Thanksgiving.

MickeyMomTo2
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
November is considered regular season, so it is slightly more than the first few weeks of December which are value season. I don't know how they decide other than park attendance and resort bookings, but I think they adjust it from time to time. For what it's worth, we went Nov. 14-24 last year, and it was awesome! Up until the Saturday before Thanksgiving, the parks had very low crowds. The longest line we saw was for Soarin, and it was 20 minutes! Of course, on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, things picked up a lot, but we had a great time. The only downside was that not all the Christmas festivities had started.

andrea1213
07-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks, that makes sense then. I guess I didn't realize it switched into value season then, I thought it was through November as well.

Thanks,
Andrea