PDA

View Full Version : waht is the best time to get ready at the comfort stations

cheermom1
07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
is there a good time to go to the comfort stations to take a shower and stuff? Like when is the least crowded times? thanks

cruising spud
07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
We tend to use the bathroom/shower in our RV, but on days we go to the parks (when I went all of us to be at the park at its opening) I insist that my teenage daughter use the campground showers (she is a poke, and the rest of us can all get done in the time it takes her). And, when she would sleepwalk over at 5:00/6:00 am, she always entered a near empty building. Actually, to be honest, the whole campground was always so quiet at this time, that my husband always walked her over, threw in a load of wash for me (again, no worry about getting a washer at this time of day), and waited outside the building for her. Can't speak for later in the day, although, at a glance, they never seemed overly crowded.

We4mickey
07-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Honestly weekends are the only time I have ever had to wait. I always go in the morning around 7 or so. A lot of people use their RVs so there really isn't that big of an issue.

cheermom1
07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
thanks everyone...:goodvibes

Born 2 Fish
07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I find the best time to take a shower is when I stink,,or when the wife locks me outta the camper,,whichever seems to come first.
And as far as the stuff,,well,,when you gotta go,you gotta go.

cheermom1
07-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I find the best time to take a shower is when I stink,,or when the wife locks me outta the camper,,whichever seems to come first.
And as far as the stuff,,well,,when you gotta go,you gotta go.

:laughing: that was funny and it reminds me of my son, I have to do that to him. :laughing::rolleyes1

2goofycampers
07-28-2009, 07:59 AM
FYI, I would imagine loops 1500 and 2000 comfort stations get a little more use over the others. Sounds like most people have experience with the other loops.

cheermom1
07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
FYI, I would imagine loops 1500 and 2000 comfort stations get a little more use over the others. Sounds like most people have experience with the other loops.

good point, does anyone have experience with loops 1500 and 2000??? please..:goodvibes

campingdawgs
07-28-2009, 10:12 AM
We prefer to shower at night after we return from the parks. The comfort stations are not usually crowded then. We stayed in the 2000 loop in June and the comfort stations were more crowded than the other loops we have stayed in; but, we only had to wait for a shower one time. However, it rained so much that people may have just showered in the rain!

RocklandRVers
07-28-2009, 10:42 AM
It really depends. If the Fort is crowded then the comfort stations can get crowded. DW and I are early risers. DW usually starts the coffee. We usually have light breakfast (cereal). I find that if I can get my cup of coffee and get to the shower room by 7:00 am I have the place to myself. About the time I am finishing I notice more people are coming in so it seems to be a good time. I also have a golf cart for those times when other early risers beat me to the showers close by. That way I can "comfort station hop". I have driven way over to the 2000 loop and found one of them is usually not busy. Plus they are nicely renovated compared to my usual loop 1800 or 1900:confused3

WannaBeImagineer
07-28-2009, 11:47 AM
We've stayed in the 1500 and 2000 loops a couple years in a row right before Christmas and we never had to wait for a shower. On the mornings that we woke up late there were more people in the CS getting ready but still never had to actually wait, it just got a little crowded around the sinks.

While we're on the subject of the Comfort Stations, does anyone else find the auto-sensor sinks annoying when trying to shave? Plus they only have cold water now (in the 2000 loop anyway), it really makes for rough shave. I guess I need to invest in a mirror to shave in the shower...

manning
07-29-2009, 10:57 PM
We've stayed in the 1500 and 2000 loops a couple years in a row right before Christmas and we never had to wait for a shower. On the mornings that we woke up late there were more people in the CS getting ready but still never had to actually wait, it just got a little crowded around the sinks.

While we're on the subject of the Comfort Stations, does anyone else find the auto-sensor sinks annoying when trying to shave? Plus they only have cold water now (in the 2000 loop anyway), it really makes for rough shave. I guess I need to invest in a mirror to shave in the shower...

You don't need a mirror, try it. I shave without one and at first was amazed I did as well as with one.