PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Stuff at the Campsite

Whipperwhirl
07-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I have a question - and Im not sure if Im going to be flamed. We have a two week fort vacation comming up in Oct - Nov. We are very excited to decorate out site. Part of our decoration conatins alot of cardboard and duct tape. Its not hokey it any way -I am a bit of a duct tape artist. But we dont want to transport the piece home. I would like to toss it at the end of our stay. If we cut it all up and leave it at the site - is that acceptable? Should we haul it off property to a local dump or something? What are the regulations about leaving items at the site? Thanks so much - Whip

2goofycampers
07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I see nothing wrong with cutting it up and leaving it at the site. Another idea is to pass it on, if someone else wants it.

Tri-circle-D
07-27-2009, 09:08 AM
1. I have seen people neatly pile larger items (broken pieces of equipment, boxes, etc.) near the trash cans on the loops. So, I see no problem with what you are contemplating.

2. When will you be at the Fort? I would like to see this creation!

TCD

Whipperwhirl
07-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Well - its taking up a whole bay in my garage so I dont think anyone is going to want it but thats an Idea. We are going to be there Oct 26 - November 9th. Tent loop - asking for 1500. You will not be able to miss us - just look for the red flag.

BradyBz12
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh goodie - we're arriving 11/1. We'll definitely come check it out. :thumbsup2

speaksfam
07-27-2009, 07:09 PM
We'll be there too, can't wait to see your "creation" !

Memph1s
07-27-2009, 07:16 PM
You might also want to check with one of the CMs picking up trash or cleaning the sites during your stay. They may offer to load it up knocked down flat for you and save the trouble of having to cut it up. I have seen some pretty impressive piles by the trash cans on checkout days.

Born 2 Fish
07-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Does your creation have anything to do with fish'n ?

natkenicra
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Thinking of leaving things at the campsite....do people leave items out while they are at Magic Kingdom, etc. Just wondering if we have to lock up bikes and such.

retired and happy
07-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Don't forget the folks at FW recycle. There is usually a place to put paper, plastic and cans. I did notice when we were there in June some of the collection "boxes" were gone. Does anyone know if they have discontinued this practice?

I would like to think they are still thinking about the
environment.

Judy and the Angels

2goofycampers
07-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Thinking of leaving things at the campsite....do people leave items out while they are at Magic Kingdom, etc. Just wondering if we have to lock up bikes and such.

We lock our bikes whenever they are out of our sight. Anything valuable goes in the RV or the truck. Everything else stays outside.

LarryJ
07-28-2009, 06:39 PM
1. I have seen people neatly pile larger items (broken pieces of equipment, boxes, etc.) near the trash cans on the loops. So, I see no problem with what you are contemplating.

2. When will you be at the Fort? I would like to see this creation!

TCD

Yep I've seen bikes ... O.K. and even a tire ... sort of tacky left next the trash cans for pickup not to mention things like the portable awnings, lawn chairs, etc. left as trash.

I think trying to give them away would be a great idea for us tackier FW types:lmao:

Larry

thecplusplusguy
07-28-2009, 09:19 PM
If it takes up a whole bay in your garage, how are you getting it to the Fort?
Just curious.

Whipperwhirl
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Where there is will theres a way. I built it for my kids birthday party comming up in August - If it can survive that - it can survive anything!